Subject: [Spits] Oil Pump Priming-Maybe a dumb question

From: "Daniel Parrott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 18:27:32 -0400

I'm getting ready to fire up the engine in my Spit 6 Project car and was
about to use a drill to prime the oil pump.  I removed the dizzy and found
the gear, still mated to the cam shaft.  I guess I need to remove the gear
and lower shaft to get to the upper end of the oil pump.  True?  Is there a
special Triumph-specific oil pump priming tool to attach to the oil pump?

Making sure I don't make a dumb mistake. (again)

Dan Parrott

Savannah, Georgia

1980 Triumph Spitfire "PJ", AKA "Rat"

1973/1978 Spit Six "Joseph"

1957 Chevy Belair "Mayflower"
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spitfires/[email-masked]