Subject: [Shop-talk] One for the woodworkers

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> kPVUexifmQczIc2zRWJPEDXYRe7ytNLOeOB85xpG+328kmJsm9Wl28XPDCeMdObeu4J4u0w4wcIkaRG6TiKr8129aYT6dVfUJjA=
Date: Fri, 8 May 2026 18:04:06 -0700

Wifey has a furniture restoration hobby. She did a pretty good job on an 
outdoor table but the varnish flaked-off after a few months. This table 
has a steel frame and a stained wood top; what is a good 
finish--urethane, acrylic, varnish, etc.--that will give a good luster 
and last more than a season in the elements?

TIA,
Bob
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

---

From: Mark Meany <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2026 10:09:46 -0400

--===============8946104583981849135==

--0000000000002c57e906518b4df9

>
> I second the use of Sikkens Cetol. I use it on my log home (Southwest New
> Hampshire) and it holds up well against the weather. I end up doing a
> maintenance coat every 5 years.

--0000000000002c57e906518b4df9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto"><div><div class=3D"gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><bl=
ockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #=
ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">I second the use of Sikkens Cetol. I use it on =
my log home (Southwest New Hampshire) and it holds up well against the weat=
her. I end up doing a maintenance coat every 5 years.</blockquote></div></d=
iv></div>

--0000000000002c57e906518b4df9--

--===============8946104583981849135==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8946104583981849135==--