Subject: [Shop-talk] Architect software recommendations

From: Jim Juhas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2025 16:43:57 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4074401433761158126==
 boundary="------------vBxmvqQm5HM74FWaNGZbwhAE"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------vBxmvqQm5HM74FWaNGZbwhAE
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I have been planning some remodeling at our seasonal cottage that's next 
to my workshop. I have seen the internet ads for something called Plan 7 
Architect that seems quite robust and reasonably priced at about $100. I 
need to create some plans for a kitchen remodel that I can use to guide 
my likely contractor toward something unique to our needs and 
preferences. He provided a plan from a kitchen designer he likes 
completely  misses our point, which is to preserve the rustic structure 
of the cottage but to build a workable space with updated appliances and 
cabinetry. What he provided looks like something out of Better Homes and 
Gardens.

When we designed the basic layout for the kitchen in our full-time 
house, I used Visio to create it. We took that to Lowes and had their 
guy assemble a design of cabinets to generally follow that plan, making 
accommodations to suit the cabinetry that was available.

The thing I saw advertised recently looks like it would be way easier 
and would include 3D renderings. After seeing the Plan 7 ads, I did some 
searching and found a dozen or more products with similar claims.

So, does anyone here have direct experience with any of these products? 
I'd love to hear some recommendations.

Thanks.

Jim
-- 
--------------vBxmvqQm5HM74FWaNGZbwhAE
 boundary="------------dzIMSHkC5h3aY3LI3E4WRLHj"

--------------dzIMSHkC5h3aY3LI3E4WRLHj
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    I have been planning some remodeling at our seasonal cottage that's
    next to my workshop. I have seen the internet ads for something
    called Plan 7 Architect that seems quite robust and reasonably
    priced at about $100. I need to create some plans for a kitchen
    remodel that I can use to guide my likely contractor toward
    something unique to our needs and preferences. He provided a plan
    from a kitchen designer he likes completely  misses our point, which
    is to preserve the rustic structure of the cottage but to build a
    workable space with updated appliances and cabinetry. What he
    provided looks like something out of Better Homes and Gardens.<br>
    <br>
    When we designed the basic layout for the kitchen in our full-time
    house, I used Visio to create it. We took that to Lowes and had
    their guy assemble a design of cabinets to generally follow that
    plan, making accommodations to suit the cabinetry that was
    available. <br>
    <br>
    The thing I saw advertised recently looks like it would be way
    easier and would include 3D renderings. After seeing the Plan 7 ads,
    I did some searching and found a dozen or more products with similar
    claims. <br>
    <br>
    So, does anyone here have direct experience with any of these
    products? I'd love to hear some recommendations.<br>
    <br>
    Thanks.<br>
    <br>
    Jim
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <img src="cid:[email-masked]" border="0"></div>
  </body>
</html>
--------------dzIMSHkC5h3aY3LI3E4WRLHj
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="MGA_311_LRP_2.JPG"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------dzIMSHkC5h3aY3LI3E4WRLHj--

--------------vBxmvqQm5HM74FWaNGZbwhAE--

--===============4074401433761158126==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============4074401433761158126==--