Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Rolling bridge jacks

From: "Kent Sullivan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2025 10:00:36 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3194286418129678319==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0CA7_01DC6E72.D3DD1200"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0CA7_01DC6E72.D3DD1200
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Following up-I did indeed purchase the Challenger rolling bridge jack. Am
very happy with it so far. Happy to answer questions.

--Kent

From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Kent
Sullivan
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2025 4:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Shop-talk] Rolling bridge jacks

Hi,

I hope y'all had a nice Thanksgiving.

I have been doing research on rolling bridge jacks over the past couple of
months. My 4-post lift is a ~20-year-old Rotary model, from their first
foray into the "prosumer" space (blue paint) and before the same item was
spun off as part of the separate Revolution line (black paint). It has a
7000 lbs. capacity.

As far as I can tell, Rotary never offered a rolling bridge jack for this
line. I have looked at all that they do offer (which is quite a few choices,
since they bought companies like Forward and merged their products in) but
for various reasons I wasn't happy with the choices. (I can go into detail
for anyone who cares.)

I have pretty much settled on the Challenger RJ3.5 - 3500 lbs. capacity,
manual pump (no air assist). I would be interested in hearing from anyone
who has experience with this model - or with a different Challenger rolling
bridge jack. Or a different manufacturer altogether.

Happy Holidays,

--Kent

------=_NextPart_000_0CA7_01DC6E72.D3DD1200
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	mso-ligatures:standardcontextual;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;
	color:blue;
	font-weight:normal;
	font-style:normal;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3D"#467886" vlink=3D"#96607D" =
style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:blue'>Foll=
owing up&#8212;I did indeed purchase the Challenger rolling bridge jack. =
Am very happy with it so far. Happy to answer =
questions.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:blue'><o:p=
>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:blue'>--Ke=
nt<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:blue'><o:p=
>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid =
#E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-ligatures:=
none'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-ligatures:=
none'> Shop-talk &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf =
Of </b>Kent Sullivan<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, November 30, 2025 4:08 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Shop-talk] =
Rolling bridge jacks<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Hi,<o:p></o:p><=
/span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>I hope =
y&#8217;all had a nice Thanksgiving.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>I have been =
doing research on rolling bridge jacks over the past couple of months. =
My 4-post lift is a ~20-year-old Rotary model, from their first foray =
into the &#8220;prosumer&#8221; space (blue paint) and before the same =
item was spun off as part of the separate Revolution line (black paint). =
It has a 7000 lbs. capacity.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>As far as I =
can tell, Rotary never offered a rolling bridge jack for this line. I =
have looked at all that they do offer (which is quite a few choices, =
since they bought companies like Forward and merged their products in) =
but for various reasons I wasn&#8217;t happy with the choices. (I can go =
into detail for anyone who cares&#8230;)<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>I have pretty =
much settled on the Challenger RJ3.5 &#8211; 3500 lbs. capacity, manual =
pump (no air assist). I would be interested in hearing from anyone who =
has experience with this model &#8211; or with a different Challenger =
rolling bridge jack&#8230; Or a different manufacturer =
altogether.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Happy =
Holidays,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>--Kent<o:p></o:=
p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0CA7_01DC6E72.D3DD1200--

--===============3194286418129678319==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============3194286418129678319==--