Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ultrasonic parts cleaners

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> XRGDNnZkxGbFIZHrn8fkHYmM811qyeJLgTV/PtXO0zn0uVcZ67FAFBIhh+UXHMSwnaUm9iawECjUHg93bC56SPCqphP/Dm5sfDE=
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2025 18:09:49 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2834845784623582801==
 boundary="------------onZPG0nau0zw7Mw3E1bDYo8O"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------onZPG0nau0zw7Mw3E1bDYo8O
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I got this from HF and it's worked adequately (though I think it was 
about $15 less when I bought it). I use it to clean small screens on my 
irrigation valve controllers with a mix of about 20% CLR.

Carburetors I soak in lacquer thinner.

Bob

On 10/24/2025 4:02 PM, Thomas Coradeschi wrote:
> Good evening, all.
>
> Looking to acquire a small parts cleaner, and seeking the collective wisdom as to what I might look for or look out for. I am thinking a unit I would be able drop something like a small engine carburetor into.
>
> In addition to hardware, thoughts on what to put in it would be welcome.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tom Coradeschi
> [email-masked]
> _______________________________________________
>
--------------onZPG0nau0zw7Mw3E1bDYo8O
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    I got this from HF and it's worked adequately (though I think it was
    about $15 less when I bought it). I use it to clean small screens on
    my irrigation valve controllers with a mix of about 20% CLR. <br>
    <br>
    Carburetors I soak in lacquer thinner.<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/24/2025 4:02 PM, Thomas
      Coradeschi wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <pre wrap="" class="moz-quote-pre">Good evening, all. 

Looking to acquire a small parts cleaner, and seeking the collective wisdom as to what I might look for or look out for. I am thinking a unit I would be able drop something like a small engine carburetor into.

In addition to hardware, thoughts on what to put in it would be welcome. 

Thanks!

Tom Coradeschi
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
_______________________________________________

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------onZPG0nau0zw7Mw3E1bDYo8O--

--===============2834845784623582801==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============2834845784623582801==--

---

From: MIQ MILLMAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2025 19:25:12 -0700

--===============4532147843724289158==

--000000000000eeded30641f260fc
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

some pointers:

1) get the larger size than you are thinking of.  I bought a 10L capacity,
then immediately found that I should have instead selected the 22L version
2) put distilled water in the tank, and use either glass jars or
ziptop bags with cleaning solution (e.g. undiluted zep or simply green
degreaser) inside for really grungy bits--squeeze out all the air from the
ziptops, not needed if you use glass jars
3) Watts of heat is not as important as watts of ultrasonic power.  Most
units have separate ratings for heat and sonic.
4) Vevor as a brand is just ok, Creworks seems much better quality control,
and has higher wattage in same sizes, worth the extra 20% price it seems to
ask

good luck on your grunge

  --Miq

On Fri, Oct 24, 2025 at 4:09=E2=80=AFPM Thomas Coradeschi <[email-masked]=
m> wrote:

> Good evening, all.
>
> Looking to acquire a small parts cleaner, and seeking the collective
> wisdom as to what I might look for or look out for. I am thinking a unit =
I
> would be able drop something like a small engine carburetor into.
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

--000000000000eeded30641f260fc
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">some pointers:<div><br></div><div>1) get the larger size t=
han you are thinking of.=C2=A0 I bought a 10L capacity, then immediately fo=
und that I should have instead selected the 22L version</div><div>2) put di=
stilled water in the tank, and use either glass jars or ziptop=C2=A0bags wi=
th cleaning solution (e.g. undiluted zep or simply green degreaser) inside =
for really grungy bits--squeeze out all the air from the ziptops, not neede=
d if you=C2=A0use glass jars</div><div>3) Watts of heat is not as important=
 as watts of ultrasonic power.=C2=A0 Most units have separate ratings for h=
eat and sonic.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><div>4) Vevor as a brand is just ok, Crewor=
ks seems much better quality control, and has higher wattage in same sizes,=
 worth the extra 20% price it seems to ask</div><div><br></div><div>good lu=
ck on your grunge</div><div><br></div><div>=C2=A0 --Miq</div></div><br><div=
 class=3D"gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmai=
l_attr">On Fri, Oct 24, 2025 at 4:09=E2=80=AFPM Thomas Coradeschi &lt;<a hr=
ef=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-l=
eft:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Good evening, all. <br>
<br>
Looking to acquire a small parts cleaner, and seeking the collective wisdom=
 as to what I might look for or look out for. I am thinking a unit I would =
be able drop something like a small engine carburetor into.<br>
<br>
In addition to hardware, thoughts on what to put in it would be welcome. <b=
r>
<br>
Thanks!<br>
<br>
Tom Coradeschi<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a=
><br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Shop-talk@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000eeded30641f260fc--

--===============4532147843724289158==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4532147843724289158==--