Subject: [Shop-talk] Lathe tooling

From: Mark Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2025 20:53:28 -0600

So I am working on putting some shelves in a molded plastic garden shed. 
  The bolts I could find that fit the threaded holes in the walls were 
too long.  No problem, just whip up some spacers.  Found an old piece of 
plastic rod that just happened to have the right size hole already. 
Just need to cut it in half to make two shorter spacers.  No problem, 
I'll just chuck it in the lathe and zip through it with a parting tool.

Long story short - I can not find a parting tool, or any lathe tooling 
for that matter.  I think I know where I last had that sort of stuff, 
including a multi-hundred dollar live center that fit the old LOgan just 
fine.

So, where can one go online to find lathe tooling for home hobbyists? 
It has been many years since I've needed to buy any such stuff.  Any 
recommendations?  I do NOT want Amazon, please.  Grainger?

mjb.

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive