Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] allow wheel repair

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2025 17:13:07 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3414222052402194621==
 boundary="------------g0EWYlukxI0FHUMW5gxRPJtz"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------g0EWYlukxI0FHUMW5gxRPJtz
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Tim - Have you tried some hand cleaner and a old kitchen scrubbing sponge?

It looks like a tire sidewall hit as well.  I recommend watching the 
tire for any surface changes.  My daughter did a similar impact and the 
sidewall got a bulge.  Had to replace the tire.

Brian

On 4/2/2025 4:39 PM, Tim . wrote:
> My wife's DD has two wheels that have ever so slight damage. One pic 
> attached.
>
> One: does this look like it is bad enough it needs to be dealt with? 
> (the other wheel is just about the same)
> Two: I have a guy who says he can do the work (he was working at a 
> production body shop my company deals with) and says he can do it 
> without taking the tyres off. Does not taking the tyres off sound right?
>
> Thanks guys
>
> Shop content...I pulled the wheel off the boss's car to get the pic in 
> my shop?
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk  http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>

--------------g0EWYlukxI0FHUMW5gxRPJtz
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Tim - Have you tried some hand cleaner and a old kitchen scrubbing
    sponge?  <br>
    <br>
    It looks like a tire sidewall hit as well.  I recommend watching the
    tire for any surface changes.  My daughter did a similar impact and
    the sidewall got a bulge.  Had to replace the tire.<br>
    <br>
    Brian<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 4/2/2025 4:39 PM, Tim . wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <style type="text/css" style="display:none;">P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}</style>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        My wife's DD has two wheels that have ever so slight damage. One
        pic attached. </div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        <br>
      </div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        One: does this look like it is bad enough it needs to be dealt
        with? (the other wheel is just about the same)</div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        Two: I have a guy who says he can do the work (he was working at
        a production body shop my company deals with) and says he can do
        it without taking the tyres off. Does not taking the tyres off
        sound right? </div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        <br>
      </div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        Thanks guys</div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        <br>
      </div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        Shop content...I pulled the wheel off the boss's car to get the
        pic in my shop?</div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------g0EWYlukxI0FHUMW5gxRPJtz--

--===============3414222052402194621==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============3414222052402194621==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> cnCYJ2aQIsWlcBgVptVUsDB9JqyeH/JKjy9h2E5mNAnhmXxjcliXGJV9OQ1PXxMoKpgQez746wulMJHnwBW408XQExvsilrXSjk=
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2025 18:15:13 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4377846045226679211==
 boundary="------------4SOuY9NKmqElJEpPeMprICEN"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------4SOuY9NKmqElJEpPeMprICEN
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

One: If the tires are holding pressure you don't HAVE to do anything.

Two: I've had similar damage repaired; the wheels will look better, but 
won't be exactly like new. Usually, the damage is tigged-up, then ground 
to shape. I think the tires should be dismounted for best results, but 
can probably be done OK with tires mounted. .

Bob

> Shop content...I pulled the wheel off the boss's car to get the pic in 

--------------4SOuY9NKmqElJEpPeMprICEN
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    One: If the tires are holding pressure you don't HAVE to do
    anything.<br>
    <br>
    Two: I've had similar damage repaired; the wheels will look better,
    but won't be exactly like new. Usually, the damage is tigged-up,
    then ground to shape. I think the tires should be dismounted for
    best results, but can probably be done OK with tires mounted. .<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 4/2/2025 4:39 PM, Tim . wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <style type="text/css" style="display:none;">P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}</style>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        My wife's DD has two wheels that have ever so slight damage. One
        pic attached. </div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        <br>
      </div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        One: does this look like it is bad enough it needs to be dealt
        with? (the other wheel is just about the same)</div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        Two: I have a guy who says he can do the work (he was working at
        a production body shop my company deals with) and says he can do
        it without taking the tyres off. Does not taking the tyres off
        sound right? </div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        <br>
      </div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        Thanks guys</div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        <br>
      </div>
      <div class="elementToProof"
style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        Shop content...I pulled the wheel off the boss's car to get the
        pic in my shop?</div>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="" class="moz-quote-pre">
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------4SOuY9NKmqElJEpPeMprICEN--

--===============4377846045226679211==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4377846045226679211==--

---

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2025 01:38:48 +0000

--===============1082460749950567935==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_MN6PR14MB7197BBCE1A1AA0F8A3A4341CB4AE2MN6PR14MB7197namp_"

--_000_MN6PR14MB7197BBCE1A1AA0F8A3A4341CB4AE2MN6PR14MB7197namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

FFS...."allow".....my bad for not proofing my post. sorry

I am not sure what scrubbing the inside of the wheel will do other than cle=
an it. The "bent" part is on the inside.....thought that was obvious from t=
he pic.

"Usually, the damage is tigged-up, then ground to shape." Not sure why weld=
ing would be needed. It's a very slight bend.

The bend is so slight I hope to hear/read that it is not enough to worry ab=
out.

More thoughts please................

________________________________
From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> on behalf of Tim . <tims=
[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 2, 2025 6:39 PM
To: Shop Talk <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Shop-talk] allow wheel repair

My wife's DD has two wheels that have ever so slight damage. One pic attach=
ed.

One: does this look like it is bad enough it needs to be dealt with? (the o=
ther wheel is just about the same)
Two: I have a guy who says he can do the work (he was working at a producti=
on body shop my company deals with) and says he can do it without taking th=
e tyres off. Does not taking the tyres off sound right?

Thanks guys

Shop content...I pulled the wheel off the boss's car to get the pic in my s=
hop?

--_000_MN6PR14MB7197BBCE1A1AA0F8A3A4341CB4AE2MN6PR14MB7197namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
FFS....&quot;allow&quot;.....my bad for not proofing my post. sorry</div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
I am not sure what scrubbing the inside of the wheel will do other than cle=
an it. The &quot;bent&quot; part is on the inside.....thought that was obvi=
ous from the pic.&nbsp;</div>
<div id=3D"appendonsend"></div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
&quot;Usually, the damage is tigged-up, then ground to shape.&quot; Not sur=
e why welding would be needed. It's a very slight bend.&nbsp;</div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
The bend is so slight I hope to hear/read that it is not enough to worry ab=
out.&nbsp;</div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
More thoughts please................</div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, san=
s-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<b><br>
</b></div>
<hr style=3D"display: inline-block; width: 98%;">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"font-family: Calibri, =
sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><b>From:</b>&nbsp;Shop-t=
alk &lt;[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of Tim . &lt;tims_da=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b>&nbsp;Wednesday, April 2, 2025 6:39 PM<br>
<b>To:</b>&nbsp;Shop Talk &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b>&nbsp;[Shop-talk] allow wheel repair</span>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div style=3D"direction: ltr; font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; =
font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
My wife's DD has two wheels that have ever so slight damage. One pic attach=
ed.&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"direction: ltr; font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; =
font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"direction: ltr; font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; =
font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
One: does this look like it is bad enough it needs to be dealt with? (the o=
ther wheel is just about the same)</div>
<div style=3D"direction: ltr; font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; =
font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
Two: I have a guy who says he can do the work (he was working at a producti=
on body shop my company deals with) and says he can do it without taking th=
e tyres off. Does not taking the tyres off sound right?&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"direction: ltr; font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; =
font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"direction: ltr; font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; =
font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
Thanks guys</div>
<div style=3D"direction: ltr; font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; =
font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"direction: ltr; font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; =
font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
Shop content...I pulled the wheel off the boss's car to get the pic in my s=
hop?</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_MN6PR14MB7197BBCE1A1AA0F8A3A4341CB4AE2MN6PR14MB7197namp_--

--===============1082460749950567935==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1082460749950567935==--

---

From: Jim Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2025 21:40:40 -0400

--===============4529158987503315095==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_71FBB648-AD3D-4123-80E9-8E3B98AFDB78"

--Apple-Mail=_71FBB648-AD3D-4123-80E9-8E3B98AFDB78
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

I know that car dealers routinely have wheels repaired without taking =
the tires off when prepping used cars for resale.  I have seen it done =
on a certified used car I purchased and wasn=E2=80=99t a problem.  As =
long as it is just cosmetic damage - which as others have noted, appears =
to be the case here - the repair should be fine.  It probably won=E2=80=99=
t be as long-lasting as a proper tire-off restoration, but it won=E2=80=99=
t cost near as much either.

Jim

> On Apr 2, 2025, at 9:15=E2=80=AFPM, Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Two: I've had similar damage repaired; the wheels will look better, =
but won't be exactly like new. Usually, the damage is tigged-up, then =
ground to shape. I think the tires should be dismounted for best =
results, but can probably be done OK with tires mounted. .
>=20
>=20
>> My wife's DD has two wheels that have ever so slight damage. One pic =
attached.=20
>>=20
>> One: does this look like it is bad enough it needs to be dealt with? =
>> Two: I have a guy who says he can do the work (he was working at a =
production body shop my company deals with) and says he can do it =
without taking the tyres off. Does not taking the tyres off sound right?=20=

>>=20
>> Thanks guys
>>=20
>> Shop content...I pulled the wheel off the boss's car to get the pic =
in my shop?
>>=20
>=20
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
http://autox.team.net/archive
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_71FBB648-AD3D-4123-80E9-8E3B98AFDB78
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;">I know that =
car dealers routinely have wheels repaired without taking the tires off =
when prepping used cars for resale. &nbsp;I have seen it done on a =
certified used car I purchased and wasn=E2=80=99t a problem. &nbsp;As =
long as it is just cosmetic damage - which as others have noted, appears =
to be the case here - the repair should be fine. &nbsp;It probably =
won=E2=80=99t be as long-lasting as a proper tire-off restoration, but =
it won=E2=80=99t cost near as much either.<div><br></div><div>Jim<br =
id=3D"lineBreakAtBeginningOfMessage"><div><br><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><div>On Apr 2, 2025, at 9:15=E2=80=AFPM, Bob Spidell =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div><meta charset=3D"UTF-8"><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; =
font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none; float: none; display: inline !important;">One: If the tires are =
holding pressure you don't HAVE to do anything.</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; =
font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none; float: none; display: inline !important;">Two: I've had similar =
damage repaired; the wheels will look better, but won't be exactly like =
new. Usually, the damage is tigged-up, then ground to shape. I think the =
tires should be dismounted for best results, but can probably be done OK =
with tires mounted. .</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline =
!important;">Bob</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><div class=3D"moz-cite-prefix" =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; =
font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;">On 4/2/2025 4:39 PM, Tim . wrote:<br></div><blockquote =
type=3D"cite" =
cite=3D"mid:[email-masked].=
prod.outlook.com" style=3D"font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: =
0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"><div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, =
Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">My wife's DD has two wheels =
that have ever so slight damage. One pic attached.&nbsp;</div><div =
class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, =
sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;"><br></div><div class=3D"elementToProof" =
style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: =
12pt;">One: does this look like it is bad enough it needs to be dealt =
with? (the other wheel is just about the same)</div><div =
class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, =
sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">Two: I have a guy who says he can do the =
work (he was working at a production body shop my company deals with) =
and says he can do it without taking the tyres off. Does not taking the =
tyres off sound right?&nbsp;</div><div class=3D"elementToProof" =
style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: =
12pt;"><br></div><div class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: =
Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;">Thanks guys</div><div =
class=3D"elementToProof" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, =
sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;"><br></div><div class=3D"elementToProof" =
style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: =
12pt;">Shop content...I pulled the wheel off the boss's car to get the =
pic in my shop?</div><br><pre wrap=3D"" =
class=3D"moz-quote-pre"></pre></blockquote><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline =
!important;">_______________________________________________</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; =
font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none; float: none; display: inline =
!important;">[email-masked]</span><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;">Donate: =
0, 0); font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline =
!important;">Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.96</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; =
font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none; float: none; display: inline !important;">Archive: =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
http://autox.team.net/archive</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: ArialUnicodeMS; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline =
!important;">Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</span=
></div></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_71FBB648-AD3D-4123-80E9-8E3B98AFDB78--

--===============4529158987503315095==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4529158987503315095==--

---

From: Thomas Coradeschi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2025 17:45:07 -0400

I swear by Wheel Collision Repair in Bath PA. If they are not local to you, there is likely someone you can find more or less in your general area who is equally good. 

I would not (ever) trust someone who says that you can properly straighten an aluminum wheel with the tire still on it. Cold worked aluminum is brittle stuff, and that is not what you want in a wheel. Heat is the answer.

https://www.wheelcollision.com/

—
Tom Coradeschi
[email-masked]

> On Apr 2, 2025, at 7:39 PM, Tim . <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> My wife's DD has two wheels that have ever so slight damage. One pic attached. 
> 
> One: does this look like it is bad enough it needs to be dealt with? (the other wheel is just about the same)
> Two: I have a guy who says he can do the work (he was working at a production body shop my company deals with) and says he can do it without taking the tyres off. Does not taking the tyres off sound right? 
> 
> Thanks guys
> 
> Shop content...I pulled the wheel off the boss's car to get the pic in my shop?_______________________________________________
> 
> [email-masked]
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

---

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2025 02:16:36 +0000

--===============0217838962327892071==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_MN6PR14MB7197D7C22BF56E5611306B75B4A82MN6PR14MB7197namp_"

--_000_MN6PR14MB7197D7C22BF56E5611306B75B4A82MN6PR14MB7197namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_MN6PR14MB7197D7C22BF56E5611306B75B4A82MN6PR14MB7197namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_MN6PR14MB7197D7C22BF56E5611306B75B4A82MN6PR14MB7197namp_--

--===============0217838962327892071==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0217838962327892071==--