Subject: [Shop-talk] battery jump boxes

From: "john niolon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2025 20:50:56 -0500

--===============6242228636330299285==

--------------020002000704010509000908
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

went back a few months looking for thread I seem to remember on jump boxes =
but=20
couldn't find it
=20
what was the consensus on the best for the money ??
=20
thanks
john
--------------020002000704010509000908
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

<HTML><HEAD>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.10570.1001"></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Segoe UI">went back a few months looking for thread I se=
em to remember on jump boxes but couldn't find it</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Segoe UI"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Segoe UI">what was the consensus on the best for the mon=
ey ??</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Segoe UI"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Segoe UI">thanks</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Segoe UI">john</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
--------------020002000704010509000908--

--===============6242228636330299285==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============6242228636330299285==--

---

From: Jimmie Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2025 22:56:46 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1929666022729951910==
 boundary="------------bPLO5GZPqoEPKMWepf7DvTSg"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------bPLO5GZPqoEPKMWepf7DvTSg
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I don't recall that thread but Project Farm did a comparison of about a 
dozen jumpstarters a while back. The best performers were able to 
jump-start big diesel engines after sitting in the cold.

On 3/11/25 21:50, john niolon wrote:
> went back a few months looking for thread I seem to remember on jump 
> boxes but couldn't find it
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>

--------------bPLO5GZPqoEPKMWepf7DvTSg
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">I don't recall that thread but Project
      Farm did a comparison of about a dozen jumpstarters a while back. 
      The best performers were able to jump-start big diesel engines
      after sitting in the cold.<br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 3/11/25 21:50, john niolon wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:1UkI5FrkeE.8PzsneNXkxe@johns-desktop">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 11.00.10570.1001">
      <div><font face="Segoe UI">went back a few months looking for
          thread I seem to remember on jump boxes but couldn't find it</font></div>
      <div> </div>
      <div><font face="Segoe UI">what was the consensus on the best for
          the money ??</font></div>
      <div> </div>
      <div><font face="Segoe UI">thanks</font></div>
      <div><font face="Segoe UI">john</font></div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre wrap="" class="moz-quote-pre">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <p><br>
    </p>
  </body>
</html>

--------------bPLO5GZPqoEPKMWepf7DvTSg--

--===============1929666022729951910==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1929666022729951910==--

---

From: Jim Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2025 07:54:53 -0400

--===============4001487073762225856==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_6CA2B9F7-4F72-4D86-999A-11E9A96EE237"

--Apple-Mail=_6CA2B9F7-4F72-4D86-999A-11E9A96EE237
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

I used to do some consulting with AAA and sometimes rode with their =
drivers.  They all carried Clore chargers like this one: =
https://cloreautomotive.com/product/es5000/.  That was good enough for =
me and I bough one for myself 12 years ago and it has never let me down, =
even when I have forgotten to refresh the charge every 3 months as they =
recommend.  They now have a number of different chargers, including some =
lithium ones that I am sure are equally good.

> On Mar 11, 2025, at 9:50=E2=80=AFPM, john niolon <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>=20
> went back a few months looking for thread I seem to remember on jump =
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
http://autox.team.net/archive
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_6CA2B9F7-4F72-4D86-999A-11E9A96EE237
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;">I used to do =
some consulting with AAA and sometimes rode with their drivers. =
&nbsp;They all carried Clore chargers like this one:&nbsp;<a =
href=3D"https://cloreautomotive.com/product/es5000/">https://cloreautomoti=
ve.com/product/es5000/</a>. &nbsp;That was good enough for me and I =
bough one for myself 12 years ago and it has never let me down, even =
when I have forgotten to refresh the charge every 3 months as they =
recommend. &nbsp;They now have a number of different chargers, including =
some lithium ones that I am sure are equally good.<br =
id=3D"lineBreakAtBeginningOfMessage"><div><br><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><div>On Mar 11, 2025, at 9:50=E2=80=AFPM, john niolon =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div>
<meta name=3D"GENERATOR" content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.10570.1001">
<div>
<div><font face=3D"Segoe UI">went back a few months looking for thread I =
seem to remember on jump boxes but couldn't find it</font></div>
<div><font face=3D"Segoe UI"></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font face=3D"Segoe UI">what was the consensus on the best for the =
money ??</font></div>
<div><font face=3D"Segoe UI"></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font face=3D"Segoe UI">thanks</font></div>
<div><font face=3D"Segoe =
UI">john</font></div></div>_______________________________________________=
<br><br>[email-masked]<br>Donate: =
&nbsp;$12.96<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
http://autox.team.net/archive<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]<br><b=
r></div></blockquote></div><br></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_6CA2B9F7-4F72-4D86-999A-11E9A96EE237--

--===============4001487073762225856==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4001487073762225856==--

---

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2025 08:37:51 -0500

On Wed, Mar 12, 2025 at 7:05 AM Jim Stone <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I used to do some consulting with AAA and sometimes rode with their drivers.  They all carried Clore chargers like this one: https://cloreautomotive.com/product/es5000/.  That was good enough for me and I bough one for myself 12 years ago and it has never let me down, even when I have forgotten to refresh the charge every 3 months as they recommend.  They now have a number of different chargers, including some lithium ones that I am sure are equally good.
>

The clore lead acid jump starters have been the standard for 30 years
or more.  They're generally excellent, but of course, big and heavy
because of the lead acid battery.  The lithium stuff is much lighter,
and surprisingly powerful.  One thing worth noting: you can't run a
car on the lithium packs (or most of them, there might be some that do
this), so if the charging system doesn't work, you can't start it with
the pack and drive it into the shop.  Depending on your goal, that
might matter or might not.  They also have pretty low duty cycle, so
they'll work for starting a car that won't start because the battery
is flat, but they won't start a pre-combustion diesel that requires 30
seconds of cranking to get going.

-- 
David Scheidt
[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Franklin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2025 17:40:36 -0400

--===============2356845102640380213==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_52E29FBA-F904-4ED7-B814-49B87F6A5461"

--Apple-Mail=_52E29FBA-F904-4ED7-B814-49B87F6A5461
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

Project Farm did an episode on this and liked the Noco the best. 2x the =
cost of the rest but for me worth the money.

jim

> On Mar 11, 2025, at 9:50 PM, john niolon <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_52E29FBA-F904-4ED7-B814-49B87F6A5461
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"></head><body style="overflow-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;">Project Farm did an episode on this and liked the Noco the best. 2x the cost of the rest but for me worth the money.<div><br></div><div>jim<br><div><br><blockquote type="cite"><div>On Mar 11, 2025, at 9:50 PM, john niolon &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:</div><br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><div>
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 11.00.10570.1001">
<div>
<div><font face="Segoe UI">went back a few months looking for thread I seem to remember on jump boxes but couldn't find it</font></div>
<div><font face="Segoe UI"></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font face="Segoe UI">what was the consensus on the best for the money ??</font></div>
<div><font face="Segoe UI"></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font face="Segoe UI">thanks</font></div>
<div><font face="Segoe UI">john</font></div></div>_______________________________________________<br><br>[email-masked]<br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.96<br>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]<br><br></div></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>
--Apple-Mail=_52E29FBA-F904-4ED7-B814-49B87F6A5461--

--===============2356845102640380213==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2356845102640380213==--