Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] ULTRASONIC CLEANING

From: MIQ MILLMAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2025 19:53:31 -0700

--===============6309351012624281280==

--00000000000054555506318669b8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I run just distilled water in the tank.

I put the dirty bits in zip top bags filed with what ever solution I think
works best.  Sometimes I'll use windex, or a home mix of water+rubbing
alcohol+dawn dish soap+baking soda.

Seal up the bag with the parts plus concentrated solution, run the cleaner
for 30 min or so, and the tank and water stays clean.

If the grungy bits aren't too bad, I can reuse the zip top + solution
again, and I keep the bag of fluid in an old plastic costco nuts container
with a wide screw top lid.

  --Miq

On Sat, Mar 29, 2025, 7:14=E2=80=AFPM Matt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> What does the group have to say about preferred fluids for ultrasonic
> cleaning?  I had always heard just water with a few drops of detergent. M=
y
> wife came to me asking to clean her jewelry and she wanted to know if I h=
ad
> enough "pine sol" Who told you to use Pine Sol?!?  One of her friends!
>
> Figured I would Pulse the group on it.
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

--00000000000054555506318669b8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">I run just distilled water in the tank.=C2=A0<div dir=3D"=
auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">I put the dirty bits in zip top bags file=
d with what ever solution I think works best.=C2=A0 Sometimes I&#39;ll use =
windex, or a home mix of water+rubbing alcohol+dawn dish soap+baking soda.=
=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">Seal up the bag w=
ith the parts plus concentrated solution, run the cleaner for 30 min or so,=
 and the tank and water stays clean.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br=
></div><div dir=3D"auto">If the grungy bits aren&#39;t too bad, I can reuse=
 the zip top + solution again, and I keep the bag of fluid in an old plasti=
c costco nuts container with a wide screw top lid.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"a=
uto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 --Miq</div></div><br><div class=3D"=
gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On=
 Sat, Mar 29, 2025, 7:14=E2=80=AFPM Matt &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mbarre@juno.=
com">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quo=
te" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"=
>What does the group have to say about preferred fluids for ultrasonic clea=
ning?=C2=A0 I had always heard just water with a few drops of detergent. My=
 wife came to me asking to clean her jewelry and she wanted to know if I ha=
d enough &quot;pine sol&quot; Who told you to use Pine Sol?!?=C2=A0 One of =
her friends!<br>
<br>
Figured I would Pulse the group on it.<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"norefe=
rrer">[email-masked]</a><br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</=
a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http:=
//autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--00000000000054555506318669b8--

--===============6309351012624281280==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============6309351012624281280==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2025 21:54:41 -0500 03/29/2025 10:54:47 PM, Serialize complete at 03/29/2025 10:54:47 PM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============3633637016059343645==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 000FFE0F86258C5D_=

The trick I use is to fill the tank with water, then, fill a glass bottle 
with gas. Put the item in the glass, and put the glass in the water.

The ultrasonic waves pass right through the glass and this way you only 
need a little gas instead of filling the entire tank with gas.

Note, I don't put a lid on the jar, and I fill the tank with water up to 
the rim of the glass jar.

Moose

From:   "Matt" <[email-masked]>
To:     [email-masked]
Date:   03/29/2025 09:13 PM
Subject:        [Shop-talk] ULTRASONIC CLEANING
Sent by:        "Shop-talk" <[email-masked]>

What does the group have to say about preferred fluids for ultrasonic 
cleaning?  I had always heard just water with a few drops of detergent. My 
wife came to me asking to clean her jewelry and she wanted to know if I 
had enough "pine sol" Who told you to use Pine Sol?!?  One of her friends!

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

--=_alternative 000FFE0F86258C5D_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">The trick I use is to fill the tank with
water, then, fill a glass bottle with gas. Put the item in the glass, and
put the glass in the water.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">The ultrasonic waves pass right through
the glass and this way you only need a little gas instead of filling the
entire tank with gas.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Note, I don't put a lid on the jar,
and I fill the tank with water up to the rim of the glass jar.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Moose</font>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">From: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">&quot;Matt&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</font>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">To: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">[email-masked]</font>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">Date: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">03/29/2025 09:13 PM</font>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">Subject: &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">[Shop-talk]
ULTRASONIC CLEANING</font>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">Sent by: &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">&quot;Shop-talk&quot;
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</font>
<br>
<hr noshade>
<br>
<br>
<br><tt><font size=2>What does the group have to say about preferred fluids
for ultrasonic cleaning? &nbsp;I had always heard just water with a few
drops of detergent. My wife came to me asking to clean her jewelry and
she wanted to know if I had enough &quot;pine sol&quot; Who told you to
use Pine Sol?!? &nbsp;One of her friends!<br>
<br>
Figured I would Pulse the group on it.<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
[email-masked]<br>
Archive: </font></tt><a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"><tt><font size=2>http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</font></tt></a><tt><font size=2>
</font></tt><a href=http://autox.team.net/archive><tt><font size=2>http://autox.team.net/archive</font></tt></a><tt><font size=2><br>
<br>
<br>
</font></tt>
<br>
--=_alternative 000FFE0F86258C5D_=--

--===============3633637016059343645==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3633637016059343645==--

---

From: Jim Franklin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2025 08:57:13 -0400

I've only done carbs but the Pine Sol works for me. I "learned" it from more than a few of my motorcycling pals. Might be one of those things that just has legs but it works for me and is cheap and easily disposed of.

jim

> On Mar 29, 2025, at 10:05 PM, Matt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> What does the group have to say about preferred fluids for ultrasonic cleaning?  I had always heard just water with a few drops of detergent. My wife came to me asking to clean her jewelry and she wanted to know if I had enough "pine sol" Who told you to use Pine Sol?!?  One of her friends!
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
> 

[email-masked]

---

From: Jack Brooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2025 16:34:44 +0000

My wife has been thrilled with the ultrasonic cleaning using tap water and a few drops of simple green. 

Great post!  I've learned a lot.

Jack

-----Original Message-----
From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2025 8:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Shop-talk] ULTRASONIC CLEANING

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Jimmie Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2025 21:12:22 -0400

I've had good luck using the purple version of Simple Green (shouldn't 
they call it "Simple Purple"?) for general things around the garage 
including getting oil stains out of concrete floors so I have no doubt 
it would do well in a ultrasonic cleaner.  I'll have to try it.

J

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]