Subject: [Shop-talk] OBD2 Scanner recommendations

From: James Juhas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2025 12:30:12 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7339106657229298395==
 boundary="------------lOArSg9kwKbixNwUaFLeBYa9"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------lOArSg9kwKbixNwUaFLeBYa9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

All,

I'm looking for a recommendation for an OBD2 scanner capable of 
accessing the TPMS re-learning procedure on our 2024 Mazda 3. I just put 
winter wheels and tires on the car with new TPMS sensors. In spite of 
the owners manual telling me that the system should automatically read 
the new IDs simply by driving a certain distance, that appears to not be 
the case. I can't find any way to trigger a re-learn procedure using the 
car's menu settings. So I figure an OBD2 Scanner of some sort would take 
care of this task, since I expect that's what the dealer would do. I 
expect needing to go to the dealer each time I switch wheels will soon 
exceed the cost of the scan tool.

I do have a device that is supposed to wake up the sensors so that they 
will transmit their identity and data to the car's brain, but that 
didn't have any effect that I know of.

-- 
--------------lOArSg9kwKbixNwUaFLeBYa9
 boundary="------------eS0075nMZM0D6TYPAVI4RkLk"

--------------eS0075nMZM0D6TYPAVI4RkLk
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>All,</p>
    <p>I'm looking for a recommendation for an OBD2 scanner capable of
      accessing the TPMS re-learning procedure on our 2024 Mazda 3. I
      just put winter wheels and tires on the car with new TPMS sensors.
      In spite of the owners manual telling me that the system should
      automatically read the new IDs simply by driving a certain
      distance, that appears to not be the case. I can't find any way to
      trigger a re-learn procedure using the car's menu settings. So I
      figure an OBD2 Scanner of some sort would take care of this task,
      since I expect that's what the dealer would do. I expect needing
      to go to the dealer each time I switch wheels will soon exceed the
      cost of the scan tool.</p>
    <p>I do have a device that is supposed to wake up the sensors so
      that they will transmit their identity and data to the car's
      brain, but that didn't have any effect that I know of.<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      <img src="cid:[email-masked]" border="0"></div>
  </body>
</html>
--------------eS0075nMZM0D6TYPAVI4RkLk
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="MGA_311_LRP_2.JPG"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------eS0075nMZM0D6TYPAVI4RkLk--

--------------lOArSg9kwKbixNwUaFLeBYa9--

--===============7339106657229298395==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============7339106657229298395==--

---

From: Jim Juhas <[email-masked]> mail.backend.jedi.jws.acl:role.jedi.acl.token.atz.jws.hermes.yahoo
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2025 20:44:44 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6968651833920352210==
 boundary="------------FL8hag4mihvK0uo2PKrFqSf9"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------FL8hag4mihvK0uo2PKrFqSf9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Pat,

The Autel sensors I installed work on both frequencies, 315 and 433 MHz, 
and from what I found, Mazda uses 315 MHz.

I also found a procedure at Bartec that said to turn on the ignition, 
then turn it off, wait 15 minutes and then drive over 15 mph for a while 
and everything should register. It didn't. I tried the same steps but 
with triggering the sensors with the exciter tool I had purchased for 
this purpose, but that didn't do it, either. Bartec has a variety of 
tools for this, some priced under $200 and they are the only supplier I 
have found so far that lists a 2024 Mazda 3 in their literature.

On 1/5/2025 7:54 PM, Pat Horne wrote:
> Have you used there TPMS sensors before? There are at least 2 
> frequencies that are used, maybe you have the wrong sensors.
>
> Pat Horne
> We support Habitat for Humanity
>
>
> On Jan 5, 2025, at 6:47 PM, James Juhas <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> 
>
> All,
>
> accessing the TPMS re-learning procedure on our 2024 Mazda 3. I just 
> put winter wheels and tires on the car with new TPMS sensors. In spite 
> of the owners manual telling me that the system should automatically 
> read the new IDs simply by driving a certain distance, that appears to 
> not be the case. I can't find any way to trigger a re-learn procedure 
> using the car's menu settings. So I figure an OBD2 Scanner of some 
> sort would take care of this task, since I expect that's what the 
> dealer would do. I expect needing to go to the dealer each time I 
> switch wheels will soon exceed the cost of the scan tool.
>
> I do have a device that is supposed to wake up the sensors so that 
> they will transmit their identity and data to the car's brain, but 
> that didn't have any effect that I know of.
>
> -- 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>

--------------FL8hag4mihvK0uo2PKrFqSf9
 boundary="------------bOgU0R2Z2Tx8NUvUV2gSzKtp"

--------------bOgU0R2Z2Tx8NUvUV2gSzKtp
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Pat,<br>
    <br>
    The Autel sensors I installed work on both frequencies, 315 and 433
    MHz, and from what I found, Mazda uses 315 MHz. <br>
    <br>
    I also found a procedure at Bartec that said to turn on the
    ignition, then turn it off, wait 15 minutes and then drive over 15
    mph for a while and everything should register. It didn't. I tried
    the same steps but with triggering the sensors with the exciter tool
    I had purchased for this purpose, but that didn't do it, either.
    Bartec has a variety of tools for this, some priced under $200 and
    they are the only supplier I have found so far that lists a 2024
    Mazda 3 in their literature.<br>
    <div class="moz-signature"><br>
      <img src="cid:[email-masked]" border="0"></div>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 1/5/2025 7:54 PM, Pat Horne wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      Have you used there TPMS sensors before? There are at least 2
      frequencies that are used, maybe you have the wrong sensors. 
      <div><br id="lineBreakAtBeginningOfSignature">
        <div dir="ltr">Pat Horne 
          <div>We support Habitat for Humanity</div>
          <div><br>
          </div>
        </div>
        <div dir="ltr"><br>
          On Jan 5, 2025, at 6:47 PM, James Juhas
          <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> wrote:<br>
          <br>
        </div>
        <div dir="ltr">
          <meta http-equiv="content-type"
            content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
          <p>All,</p>
          <p>I'm looking for a recommendation for an OBD2 scanner
            capable of accessing the TPMS re-learning procedure on our
            2024 Mazda 3. I just put winter wheels and tires on the car
            with new TPMS sensors. In spite of the owners manual telling
            me that the system should automatically read the new IDs
            simply by driving a certain distance, that appears to not be
            the case. I can't find any way to trigger a re-learn
            procedure using the car's menu settings. So I figure an OBD2
            Scanner of some sort would take care of this task, since I
            expect that's what the dealer would do. I expect needing to
            go to the dealer each time I switch wheels will soon exceed
            the cost of the scan tool.</p>
          <p>I do have a device that is supposed to wake up the sensors
            so that they will transmit their identity and data to the
            car's brain, but that didn't have any effect that I know of.<br>
          </p>
          <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
            <div>&lt;MGA_311_LRP_2.JPG&gt;</div>
          </div>
          <span>_______________________________________________</span><br>
          <span></span><br>
          <span><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></span><br>
          <span>Donate: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br>
          <span>Suggested annual donation  $12.96</span><br>
          <span>Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a>
            <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a></span><br>
          <span></span><br>
          <span>Unsubscribe/Manage:
            <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a></span><br>
          <span></span><br>
        </div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>
--------------bOgU0R2Z2Tx8NUvUV2gSzKtp
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="MGA_311_LRP_2.JPG"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------bOgU0R2Z2Tx8NUvUV2gSzKtp--

--------------FL8hag4mihvK0uo2PKrFqSf9--

--===============6968651833920352210==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6968651833920352210==--

---

From: Douglas Shook <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2025 02:27:52 +0000

--===============5265051053507317373==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_004_SA1PR08MB7120340560F9E684F70E8322AB102SA1PR08MB7120namp_";
	type="multipart/alternative"

--_004_SA1PR08MB7120340560F9E684F70E8322AB102SA1PR08MB7120namp_
	boundary="_000_SA1PR08MB7120340560F9E684F70E8322AB102SA1PR08MB7120namp_"

--_000_SA1PR08MB7120340560F9E684F70E8322AB102SA1PR08MB7120namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_SA1PR08MB7120340560F9E684F70E8322AB102SA1PR08MB7120namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_SA1PR08MB7120340560F9E684F70E8322AB102SA1PR08MB7120namp_--

--_004_SA1PR08MB7120340560F9E684F70E8322AB102SA1PR08MB7120namp_
Content-Description: MGA_311_LRP_2.JPG
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="MGA_311_LRP_2.JPG"; size=41170;
	creation-date="Mon, 06 Jan 2025 00:41:07 GMT";
	modification-date="Mon, 06 Jan 2025 02:25:57 GMT"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_004_SA1PR08MB7120340560F9E684F70E8322AB102SA1PR08MB7120namp_--

--===============5265051053507317373==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5265051053507317373==--

---

From: Ronnie Day <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2025 08:58:55 -0600

--===============6899404248543634538==

--000000000000533454062b0ae0f8

--000000000000533454062b0ae0f7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

The Project Farm YouTube channel (
https://www.youtube.com/@ProjectFarm/videos) has done at least one
comparison test. Good info.

On Sun, Jan 5, 2025 at 8:39=E2=80=AFPM Jim Juhas <[email-masked]> w=
rote:

> I also found a procedure at Bartec that said to turn on the ignition, the=
n
> turn it off, wait 15 minutes and then drive over 15 mph for a while and
> everything should register. It didn't. I tried the same steps but with
> triggering the sensors with the exciter tool I had purchased for this
> purpose, but that didn't do it, either. Bartec has a variety of tools for
> this, some priced under $200 and they are the only supplier I have found =
so
> far that lists a 2024 Mazda 3 in their literature.
>
>
>
> Have you used there TPMS sensors before? There are at least 2 frequencies
> that are used, maybe you have the wrong sensors.
>
> Pat Horne
> On Jan 5, 2025, at 6:47=E2=80=AFPM, James Juhas <[email-masked]>
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> =EF=BB=BF
>
> All,
>
> I'm looking for a recommendation for an OBD2 scanner capable of accessing
> the TPMS re-learning procedure on our 2024 Mazda 3. I just put winter
> wheels and tires on the car with new TPMS sensors. In spite of the owners
> manual telling me that the system should automatically read the new IDs
> simply by driving a certain distance, that appears to not be the case. I
> can't find any way to trigger a re-learn procedure using the car's menu
> settings. So I figure an OBD2 Scanner of some sort would take care of thi=
s
> task, since I expect that's what the dealer would do. I expect needing to
> go to the dealer each time I switch wheels will soon exceed the cost of t=
he
> scan tool.
> will transmit their identity and data to the car's brain, but that didn't
> have any effect that I know of.
> --
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

--000000000000533454062b0ae0f7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">The Project Farm YouTube channel (<a href=3D"https://www.y=
outube.com/@ProjectFarm/videos">https://www.youtube.com/@ProjectFarm/videos=
</a>) has done at least one comparison=C2=A0test. Good info.</div><br><div =
class=3D"gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail=
_attr">On Sun, Jan 5, 2025 at 8:39=E2=80=AFPM Jim Juhas &lt;<a href=3D"mail=
to:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-l=
eft:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    Pat,<br>
    <br>
    The Autel sensors I installed work on both frequencies, 315 and 433
    MHz, and from what I found, Mazda uses 315 MHz. <br>
    <br>
    I also found a procedure at Bartec that said to turn on the
    ignition, then turn it off, wait 15 minutes and then drive over 15
    mph for a while and everything should register. It didn&#39;t. I tried
    the same steps but with triggering the sensors with the exciter tool
    I had purchased for this purpose, but that didn&#39;t do it, either.
    Bartec has a variety of tools for this, some priced under $200 and
    they are the only supplier I have found so far that lists a 2024
    Mazda 3 in their literature.<br>
    <div><br>
      <img src=3D"cid:ii_1943c1e8a6110091b0c1" border=3D"0"></div>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div>On 1/5/2025 7:54 PM, Pat Horne wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      Have you used there TPMS sensors before? There are at least 2
      frequencies that are used, maybe you have the wrong sensors.=C2=A0
      <div><br id=3D"m_8658588347204228149lineBreakAtBeginningOfSignature">
        <div dir=3D"ltr">Pat Horne=C2=A0
          <div>We support Habitat for Humanity</div>
          <div><br>
          </div>
        </div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr"><br>
          On Jan 5, 2025, at 6:47=E2=80=AFPM, James Juhas
          <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">&lt;j=
[email-masked]&gt;</a> wrote:<br>
          <br>
        </div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=BF
         =20
          <p>All,</p>
          <p>I&#39;m looking for a recommendation for an OBD2 scanner
            capable of accessing the TPMS re-learning procedure on our
            2024 Mazda 3. I just put winter wheels and tires on the car
            with new TPMS sensors. In spite of the owners manual telling
            me that the system should automatically read the new IDs
            simply by driving a certain distance, that appears to not be
            the case. I can&#39;t find any way to trigger a re-learn
            procedure using the car&#39;s menu settings. So I figure an OBD=
2
            Scanner of some sort would take care of this task, since I
            expect that&#39;s what the dealer would do. I expect needing to
            go to the dealer each time I switch wheels will soon exceed
            the cost of the scan tool.</p>
          <p>I do have a device that is supposed to wake up the sensors
            so that they will transmit their identity and data to the
            car&#39;s brain, but that didn&#39;t have any effect that I kno=
w of.<br>
          </p>
          <div>-- <br>
            <div>&lt;MGA_311_LRP_2.JPG&gt;</div>
          </div>
          <span>_______________________________________________</span><br>
          <span></span><br>
          <span><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blan=
k">[email-masked]</a></span><br>
          <span>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br>
          <span>Suggested annual donation =C2=A0$12.96</span><br>
          <span>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a>
            <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive</a></span><br>
          <span></span><br>
          <span>Unsubscribe/Manage:
            <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/pati=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/=
shop-talk/[email-masked]</a></span><br>
          <span></span><br>
        </div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Shop-talk@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000533454062b0ae0f7--

--000000000000533454062b0ae0f8
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="MGA_311_LRP_2.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <ii_1943c1e8a6110091b0c1>

--000000000000533454062b0ae0f8--

--===============6899404248543634538==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6899404248543634538==--

---

From: James Juhas <[email-masked]> mail.backend.jedi.jws.acl:role.jedi.acl.token.atz.jws.hermes.yahoo
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2025 20:26:51 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6958870736130563004==
 boundary="------------bHNc9Rl5e1FUnxuk2bFyapSQ"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------bHNc9Rl5e1FUnxuk2bFyapSQ
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Ronnie, thanks for the tip. I found it and it is indeed a good review. 
However, it never mentioned TPMS access, and I expect that the units 
reviewed are not robust enough to include the TPMS systems. The search 
continues. I found some devices that are dedicated to TPMS systems but I 
can't confirm they'll talk to the Mazda 3.

On 1/6/2025 9:58 AM, Ronnie Day wrote:
> The Project Farm YouTube channel 
> (https://www.youtube.com/@ProjectFarm/videos) has done at least one 
> On Sun, Jan 5, 2025 at 8:39 PM Jim Juhas <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>     Pat,
>
>     The Autel sensors I installed work on both frequencies, 315 and
>     433 MHz, and from what I found, Mazda uses 315 MHz.
>
>     the same steps but with triggering the sensors with the exciter
>     tool I had purchased for this purpose, but that didn't do it,
>     either. Bartec has a variety of tools for this, some priced under
>     $200 and they are the only supplier I have found so far that lists
>     a 2024 Mazda 3 in their literature.
>
>
>
>>     On Jan 5, 2025, at 6:47 PM, James Juhas <[email-masked]>
>>
>>     
>>
>>     All,
>>
>>     just put winter wheels and tires on the car with new TPMS
>>     sensors. In spite of the owners manual telling me that the system
>>     should automatically read the new IDs simply by driving a certain
>>     distance, that appears to not be the case. I can't find any way
>>     to trigger a re-learn procedure using the car's menu settings. So
>>     I figure an OBD2 Scanner of some sort would take care of this
>>     task, since I expect that's what the dealer would do. I expect
>>     needing to go to the dealer each time I switch wheels will soon
>>     I do have a device that is supposed to wake up the sensors so
>>     brain, but that didn't have any effect that I know of.
>>
>>     -- 
--------------bHNc9Rl5e1FUnxuk2bFyapSQ
 boundary="------------i4JNmY0BWogip9uEklEvY5s8"

--------------i4JNmY0BWogip9uEklEvY5s8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>Ronnie, thanks for the tip. I found it and it is indeed a good
      review. However, it never mentioned TPMS access, and I expect that
      the units reviewed are not robust enough to include the TPMS
      systems. The search continues. I found some devices that are
      dedicated to TPMS systems but I can't confirm they'll talk to the
      Mazda 3.<br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-signature"><br>
      <img src="cid:[email-masked]" border="0"></div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 1/6/2025 9:58 AM, Ronnie Day wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:CAMHhs6c0-Qyd+gG=DPis5Zi0xKG-Cw7gmUz_hJG-aY7p=[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">The Project Farm YouTube channel (<a
          href="https://www.youtube.com/@ProjectFarm/videos"
          moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">https://www.youtube.com/@ProjectFarm/videos</a>)
        has done at least one comparison test. Good info.</div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sun, Jan 5, 2025 at 8:39 PM
          Jim Juhas &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote"
style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
          <div> Pat,<br>
            <br>
            The Autel sensors I installed work on both frequencies, 315
            and 433 MHz, and from what I found, Mazda uses 315 MHz. <br>
            <br>
            I also found a procedure at Bartec that said to turn on the
            ignition, then turn it off, wait 15 minutes and then drive
            over 15 mph for a while and everything should register. It
            didn't. I tried the same steps but with triggering the
            sensors with the exciter tool I had purchased for this
            purpose, but that didn't do it, either. Bartec has a variety
            of tools for this, some priced under $200 and they are the
            only supplier I have found so far that lists a 2024 Mazda 3
            in their literature.<br>
            <div><br>
              <img src="cid:[email-masked]" border="0"
                class=""></div>
            <br>
            <br>
            <div>On 1/5/2025 7:54 PM, Pat Horne wrote:<br>
            </div>
            <blockquote type="cite"> Have you used there TPMS sensors
              before? There are at least 2 frequencies that are used,
              maybe you have the wrong sensors. 
              <div><br
id="m_8658588347204228149lineBreakAtBeginningOfSignature">
                <div dir="ltr">Pat Horne 
                  <div>We support Habitat for Humanity</div>
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <div dir="ltr"><br>
                  On Jan 5, 2025, at 6:47 PM, James Juhas <a
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
                  wrote:<br>
                  <br>
                </div>
                <div dir="ltr">
                  <p>All,</p>
                  <p>I'm looking for a recommendation for an OBD2
                    scanner capable of accessing the TPMS re-learning
                    procedure on our 2024 Mazda 3. I just put winter
                    wheels and tires on the car with new TPMS sensors.
                    In spite of the owners manual telling me that the
                    system should automatically read the new IDs simply
                    by driving a certain distance, that appears to not
                    be the case. I can't find any way to trigger a
                    re-learn procedure using the car's menu settings. So
                    I figure an OBD2 Scanner of some sort would take
                    care of this task, since I expect that's what the
                    dealer would do. I expect needing to go to the
                    dealer each time I switch wheels will soon exceed
                    the cost of the scan tool.</p>
                  <p>I do have a device that is supposed to wake up the
                    sensors so that they will transmit their identity
                    and data to the car's brain, but that didn't have
                    any effect that I know of.<br>
                  </p>
                  <div>-- <br>
                    <div>&lt;MGA_311_LRP_2.JPG&gt;</div>
                  </div>
                  <span>_______________________________________________</span><br>
                  <span></span><br>
                  <span><a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a></span><br>
                  <span>Donate: <a
                      href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br>
                  <span>Suggested annual donation  $12.96</span><br>
                  <span>Archive: <a
                      href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a>
                    <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive</a></span><br>
                  <span></span><br>
                  <span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]"
                      target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a></span><br>
                  <span></span><br>
                </div>
              </div>
            </blockquote>
            <br>
          </div>
          _______________________________________________<br>
          <br>
          <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
          Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Suggested annual donation  $12.96<br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a>
          <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer"
            target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>
--------------i4JNmY0BWogip9uEklEvY5s8
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="MGA_311_LRP_2.JPG"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------i4JNmY0BWogip9uEklEvY5s8--

--------------bHNc9Rl5e1FUnxuk2bFyapSQ--

--===============6958870736130563004==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6958870736130563004==--