Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 10:43:25 -0400

--===============6541965013044167991==

--000000000000329d6b06236b57d0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Mike,

Is that the regulator knob?  Might be stuck or broken inside.  A picture of
what you're looking at would help - the online parts diagrams I found look
like one of those joke lists from the 80s that had been faxed a hundred
times.

-- Jeff

On Mon, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:43=E2=80=AFPM Mike Sinclair <[email-masked]=
et>
wrote:

> I have a very old small air compressor that compresses ok, but I no longe=
r
> can get it to send air to the outlet.  There is a hand valve between the
> gages that turns ok, but doesn't open the valve.  It doesn't close it ver=
y
> well, either.  The knob turns fine, and bottoms out in both directions, b=
ut
> nothing happens.  Is it possible to buy a replacement?  I'm hoping it's
> just a simple remove and replace.
>
> Sears Model 916-176311.
>
> Mike
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

--000000000000329d6b06236b57d0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi Mike,<div><br></div><div>Is that the regulator knob?=C2=
=A0 Might be stuck or broken inside.=C2=A0 A picture of what you&#39;re loo=
king at would help - the online parts diagrams I found look like one of tho=
se joke lists from the 80s that had been faxed a hundred times.</div><div><=
br></div><div>-- Jeff</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D=
"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:43=E2=80=AFPM Mike Sin=
clair &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]<=
/a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0=
px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><=
u></u>

 =20

   =20
 =20
  <div bgcolor=3D"#ffffff">
    <p><font size=3D"2" face=3D"Tahoma">I have a very old small air
        compressor that compresses ok, but I no longer can get it to
        send air to the outlet.=C2=A0 There is a hand valve between the gag=
es
        that turns ok, but doesn&#39;t open the valve.=C2=A0 It doesn&#39;t=
 close it
        very well, either.=C2=A0 The knob turns fine, and bottoms out in bo=
th
        directions, but nothing happens.=C2=A0 Is it possible to buy a
        replacement?=C2=A0 I&#39;m hoping it&#39;s just a simple remove and=
 replace.</font></p>
    <p><font size=3D"2" face=3D"Tahoma">Sears Model 916-176311.</font></p>
    <p><font size=3D"2" face=3D"Tahoma">Mike<br>
      </font></p>
  </div>

_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Shop-talk@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000329d6b06236b57d0--

--===============6541965013044167991==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============6541965013044167991==--

---

From: Mike Sinclair <[email-masked]> eyMaWoQGmSQ0zi9SlmqEBz/7RaJDNh08hSAV9HXvjghdHR88DjDkRDN8l/Whczmdi59bi5qHQDhAyhD0wvonIa9es2ek8crgTViQjZnFK2HOzmadRW0gX+P0 KOvlgl78ZCsab/vC2gko0mwRRfLNrNzUdoKnDXhRXKOyOUnafPWpeIEObVwmxI1t4Fh4SHuIG4r0d7kyFOkmSZcfTgEoVDDxMkl9YhdHmVo=
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 08:44:44 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------o2hF0zMtPQ8CkLAvc0C5tJcn
 boundary="------------6Oa1HxL69UoHjeSmbrR9moBY"

--------------6Oa1HxL69UoHjeSmbrR9moBY
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Some pictures attached.  The black thing.  I looked on the internet and 
found several parts sources, but nobody seems to carry this valve.  My 
experience with Sears is that they had many parts that were only 
available thru them.  I did take it apart and it looks fine.  Thought 
maybe it was just dirty.

Mike

On 10/1/24 7:43 AM, Jeff Scarbrough wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Is that the regulator knob?  Might be stuck or broken inside.  A 
> picture of what you're looking at would help - the online parts 
> diagrams I found look like one of those joke lists from the 80s that 
> had been faxed a hundred times.
>
> -- Jeff
>
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:43 PM Mike Sinclair <[email-masked]> 
> wrote:
>
>     I have a very old small air compressor that compresses ok, but I
>     no longer can get it to send air to the outlet.  There is a hand
>     valve between the gages that turns ok, but doesn't open the
>     valve.  It doesn't close it very well, either.  The knob turns
>     fine, and bottoms out in both directions, but nothing happens.  Is
>     it possible to buy a replacement? I'm hoping it's just a simple
>     remove and replace.
>
>     Sears Model 916-176311.
>
>     Mike
>
--------------6Oa1HxL69UoHjeSmbrR9moBY
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="2" face="Tahoma">Some pictures attached.  The black
        thing.  I looked on the internet and found several parts
        sources, but nobody seems to carry this valve.  My experience
        with Sears is that they had many parts that were only available
        thru them.  I did take it apart and it looks fine.  Thought
        maybe it was just dirty.<br>
      </font></p>
    <p><font size="2" face="Tahoma">Mike<br>
      </font></p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/1/24 7:43 AM, Jeff Scarbrough
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">Hi Mike,
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>Is that the regulator knob?  Might be stuck or broken
          inside.  A picture of what you're looking at would help - the
          online parts diagrams I found look like one of those joke
          lists from the 80s that had been faxed a hundred times.</div>
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div>-- Jeff</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class="gmail_quote">
        <div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Mon, Sep 30, 2024 at
          7:43 PM Mike Sinclair &lt;<a
            href="mailto:[email-masked]" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class="gmail_quote"
style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
          <div bgcolor="#ffffff">
            <p><font size="2" face="Tahoma">I have a very old small air
                compressor that compresses ok, but I no longer can get
                it to send air to the outlet.  There is a hand valve
                between the gages that turns ok, but doesn't open the
                valve.  It doesn't close it very well, either.  The knob
                turns fine, and bottoms out in both directions, but
                nothing happens.  Is it possible to buy a replacement? 
                I'm hoping it's just a simple remove and replace.</font></p>
            <p><font size="2" face="Tahoma">Sears Model 916-176311.</font></p>
            <p><font size="2" face="Tahoma">Mike<br>
              </font></p>
          </div>
          _______________________________________________<br>
          <br>
          <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank"
            moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
          Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
          Suggested annual donation  $12.96<br>
          Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a>
          <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" rel="noreferrer"
            target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
          <br>
          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]"
            rel="noreferrer" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
          <br>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------6Oa1HxL69UoHjeSmbrR9moBY--

--------------o2hF0zMtPQ8CkLAvc0C5tJcn
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="IMG_0904.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------o2hF0zMtPQ8CkLAvc0C5tJcn
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="IMG_0905.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------o2hF0zMtPQ8CkLAvc0C5tJcn
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="IMG_0906.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------o2hF0zMtPQ8CkLAvc0C5tJcn
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--------------o2hF0zMtPQ8CkLAvc0C5tJcn--

---

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 10:56:55 -0500

On Mon, Sep 30, 2024 at 6:44 PM Mike Sinclair <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I have a very old small air compressor that compresses ok, but I no longer can get it to send air to the outlet.  There is a hand valve between the gages that turns ok, but doesn't open the valve.  It doesn't close it very well, either.  The knob turns fine, and bottoms out in both directions, but nothing happens.  Is it possible to buy a replacement?  I'm hoping it's just a simple remove and replace.

I agree with Jeff, it sounds like the regulator.  They are easy to
replace.  If you can't get an exact fit, replacing all the plumbing
from the tank outlet to the air outlet is pretty easy, and parts are
cheap.  (I replaced the pressure switch, regulator, and gauges a
couple years ago for a similar compressor for about $30.)  Pictures
would help someone tell you what you'd need.
-- 
David Scheidt
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

---

From: Mike Sinclair <[email-masked]> UdXlqEv8ESJSj/HWR90h9ZE2ZRUKhiV8lys7e2IbLxBvHXabMfibykf07koaYeLTGXc2SbagmUyspKc+FLsLe9Q23vUrrgOiaVChu3ljaitRY36CflwD3Xl5 mdI4wCdtJ6PxXXkaQZh/0MBWIBFhtmtppQB96j7Efc+1Vx5zuyD9S1E8WFpHI5OFpe+Z3NXzQLsNewrfHee+pIgKkIKD/JJFif0gLQhILq4=
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 11:22:04 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3178886779531014131==
 boundary="------------PUL41XFwxf4imtS0VqA7aha2"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------PUL41XFwxf4imtS0VqA7aha2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Thanks all for the advice.  Turned out the regulator is ok, but the 
plastic knob is connected via some very shallow splines on the stem, and 
doesn't connect well.  I wrapped the stem with Teflon tape and it works 
ok, but I need to find a better way.  I'll check at my favorite 
old-fashioned hardware store for a knob.

Mike

>     it possible to buy a replacement? I'm hoping it's just a simple
--------------PUL41XFwxf4imtS0VqA7aha2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <p><font size="2" face="Tahoma">Thanks all for the advice.  Turned
        out the regulator is ok, but the plastic knob is connected via
        some very shallow splines on the stem, and doesn't connect
        well.  I wrapped the stem with Teflon tape and it works ok, but
        I need to find a better way.  I'll check at my favorite
        old-fashioned hardware store for a knob.</font></p>

--------------PUL41XFwxf4imtS0VqA7aha2--

--===============3178886779531014131==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3178886779531014131==--

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 12:53:07 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0818721527198819953==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_ECD4_01DB1400.DE2B3250"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_ECD4_01DB1400.DE2B3250
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_ECD5_01DB1400.DE2B3250"

------=_NextPart_001_ECD5_01DB1400.DE2B3250
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Mike =E2=80=93 when I went out to look at my Craftsman compressor that =
has the same setup, I noticed that the regulator knob says =E2=80=9Cpull =
to adjust=E2=80=9D. I assume it has some splined interface between the =
outer knob and the inner knob to prevent accidental mis-adjustment.=20

=20

If you have been able to get the adjustment you need using Teflon tape =
as an interface you are probably good to go. The only other thing that =
comes to mind is whether they spent the extra money on that setup to =
compensate for the vibration generated when the unit is running. This is =
just pure speculation, but you might want to keep an eye out and ensure =
the pressure stays where you set it after the modification.

=20

=20

-----------------------------------

All the best,

=20

Al Fuller

=20

From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Mike =
Sinclair
Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2024 11:22 AM
To: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air

=20

Thanks all for the advice.  Turned out the regulator is ok, but the =
plastic knob is connected via some very shallow splines on the stem, and =
doesn't connect well.  I wrapped the stem with Teflon tape and it works =
ok, but I need to find a better way.  I'll check at my favorite =
old-fashioned hardware store for a knob.

Mike

Hi Mike,=20

=20

Is that the regulator knob?  Might be stuck or broken inside.  A picture =
of what you're looking at would help - the online parts diagrams I found =
look like one of those joke lists from the 80s that had been faxed a =
hundred times.

=20

-- Jeff

=20

On Mon, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:43=E2=80=AFPM Mike Sinclair =

I have a very old small air compressor that compresses ok, but I no =
longer can get it to send air to the outlet.  There is a hand valve =
between the gages that turns ok, but doesn't open the valve.  It doesn't =
close it very well, either.  The knob turns fine, and bottoms out in =
both directions, but nothing happens.  Is it possible to buy a =
replacement?  I'm hoping it's just a simple remove and replace.

Sears Model 916-176311.

Mike

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
http://autox.team.net/archive

------=_NextPart_001_ECD5_01DB1400.DE2B3250
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple =
style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'>Mike =
=E2=80=93 when I went out to look at my Craftsman compressor that has =
the same setup, I noticed that the regulator knob says =E2=80=9Cpull to =
adjust=E2=80=9D. I assume it has some splined interface between the =
outer knob and the inner knob to prevent accidental mis-adjustment. =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><=
p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'>If =
you have been able to get the adjustment you need using Teflon tape as =
an interface you are probably good to go. The only other thing that =
comes to mind is whether they spent the extra money on that setup to =
compensate for the vibration generated when the unit is running. This is =
just pure speculation, but you might want to keep an eye out and ensure =
the pressure stays where you set it after the =
modification.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><=
p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'> =
<img width=3D455 height=3D409 style=3D'width:4.7395in;height:4.2604in' =
id=3D"Picture_x0020_1" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><=
div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>-----------------------------------<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>All the best,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>Al Fuller<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><=
div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'> Shop-talk &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Mike Sinclair<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, October 1, 2024 11:22 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> Jeff Scarbrough =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Shop-talk] =
Air<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>Thanks all =
for the advice.&nbsp; Turned out the regulator is ok, but the plastic =
knob is connected via some very shallow splines on the stem, and doesn't =
connect well.&nbsp; I wrapped the stem with Teflon tape and it works ok, =
but I need to find a better way.&nbsp; I'll check at my favorite =
old-fashioned hardware store for a knob.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>Mike</span><o:=
p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On 10/1/24 7:43 AM, Jeff =
Scarbrough wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hi Mike, <o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Is that the regulator knob?&nbsp; Might be stuck or =
broken inside.&nbsp; A picture of what you're looking at would help - =
the online parts diagrams I found look like one of those joke lists from =
the 80s that had been faxed a hundred times.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>-- Jeff<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
Mon, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:43<span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>=E2=80=AF</span>PM Mike =
Sinclair &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in'><div><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>I have a very =
old small air compressor that compresses ok, but I no longer can get it =
to send air to the outlet.&nbsp; There is a hand valve between the gages =
that turns ok, but doesn't open the valve.&nbsp; It doesn't close it =
very well, either.&nbsp; The knob turns fine, and bottoms out in both =
directions, but nothing happens.&nbsp; Is it possible to buy a =
replacement?&nbsp; I'm hoping it's just a simple remove and =
replace.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>Sears Model =
916-176311.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>Mike</span><o:=
p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>__________________________________________=
_____<br><br><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested =
annual donation&nbsp; $12.96<br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" =
target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br><br>Unsubscribe/Ma=
nage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]=
om" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/fishpla=
[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></blockquote></div></bo=
dy></html>
------=_NextPart_001_ECD5_01DB1400.DE2B3250--

------=_NextPart_000_ECD4_01DB1400.DE2B3250
	name="image001.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_ECD4_01DB1400.DE2B3250--

--===============0818721527198819953==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0818721527198819953==--

---

From: Karl Vacek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2024 17:10:25 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3019613862292801720==

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--1924a22751e68d728989a5ab34
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

My aircraft cylinder bleed down gauge uses one of those same goofy Chinese 
regulators, which well-meaning helpers have broken a few times.

It has responded to epoxy and stern warnings to helpers to just let me 
adjust it.

Karl

On October 1, 2024 3:11:30 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Mike – when I went out to look at my Craftsman compressor that has the same 
> setup, I noticed that the regulator knob says “pull to adjust”. I assume it 
> has some splined interface between the outer knob and the inner knob to 
> prevent accidental mis-adjustment.
>
> If you have been able to get the adjustment you need using Teflon tape as 
> an interface you are probably good to go. The only other thing that comes 
> to mind is whether they spent the extra money on that setup to compensate 
> for the vibration generated when the unit is running. This is just pure 
> speculation, but you might want to keep an eye out and ensure the pressure 
> stays where you set it after the modification.
>
>
>
> From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Mike Sinclair
> Thanks all for the advice.  Turned out the regulator is ok, but the plastic 
> knob is connected via some very shallow splines on the stem, and doesn't 
> connect well.  I wrapped the stem with Teflon tape and it works ok, but I 
> need to find a better way.  I'll check at my favorite old-fashioned 
> hardware store for a knob.
> Mike
> like one of those joke lists from the 80s that had been faxed a hundred times.
>
> -- Jeff
>
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:43 PM Mike Sinclair <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I have a very old small air compressor that compresses ok, but I no longer 
> gages that turns ok, but doesn't open the valve.  It doesn't close it very 
> well, either.  The knob turns fine, and bottoms out in both directions, but 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

--1924a22751e68d728989a5ab34

--1924a22751e68d72898f90ee07
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.=
w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<style>

#aqm-original p.MsoNormal, #aqm-original li.MsoNormal, #aqm-original div.Ms=
oNormal {
margin:0in;
=09font-size:12.0pt;
=09font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
=09color:black;
} /* style */

#aqm-original a:link, #aqm-original span.MsoHyperlink {
mso-style-priority:99;
=09color:blue;
=09text-decoration:underline;
} /* style */

#aqm-original span.EmailStyle20 {
mso-style-type:personal-compose;
=09font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
=09color:windowtext;
} /* style */

#aqm-original .MsoChpDefault {
mso-style-type:export-only;
=09font-size:10.0pt;
=09mso-ligatures:none;
} /* style */

@page WordSection1
=09{size:8.5in 11.0in;
=09margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
#aqm-original div.WordSection1 {
page:WordSection1;
} /* style */

</style>
</head>
<body>
<div dir=3D"auto">
<div dir=3D"auto">My aircraft cylinder bleed down gauge uses one of those s=
ame goofy Chinese regulators, which well-meaning helpers have broken a few =
times.&nbsp;</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">It has resp=
onded to epoxy and stern warnings to helpers to just let me adjust it.&nbsp=
;</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">Karl</div><div dir=3D'=
auto'><br></div>
<div id=3D"aqm-original" style=3D"color: black;">

<!-- body start -->
<div lang=3D"en-us" link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple" style=3D"background: whi=
te; word-wrap:break-word" class=3D"aqm-original-body"><div style=3D"color: =
black;">
<p style=3D"color: black; font-size: 10pt; font-family: sans-serif; margin:=
 8pt 0;">On October 1, 2024 3:11:30 PM &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:=
</p>
<blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0 0 0 0.75=
ex; border-left: 1px solid #808080; padding-left: 0.75ex;">
<div class=3D"WordSection1"><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size=
:11.0pt;color:windowtext">Mike =E2=80=93 when I went out to look at my Craf=
tsman compressor that has the same setup, I noticed that the regulator knob=
 says =E2=80=9Cpull to adjust=E2=80=9D. I assume it has some splined interf=
ace between the outer knob and the inner knob to prevent accidental mis-adj=
ustment. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-s=
ize:11.0pt;color:windowtext"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNor=
mal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext">If you have been abl=
e to get the adjustment you need using Teflon tape as an interface you are =
probably good to go. The only other thing that comes to mind is whether the=
y spent the extra money on that setup to compensate for the vibration gener=
ated when the unit is running. This is just pure speculation, but you might=
 want to keep an eye out and ensure the pressure stays where you set it aft=
er the modification.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span styl=
e=3D"font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p clas=
s=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext"> <img wid=
th=3D"455" height=3D"409" style=3D"width:4.7395in;height:4.2604in" id=3D"Pi=
cture_x0020_1" src=3D"cid:part5561.1924a227468.2898.cd27845553c783837751327=
[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span sty=
le=3D"font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><=
p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Cal=
ibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">-----------------------------------=
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0p=
t;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">All the best=
,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0=
pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext"><o:p>&nbsp;=
</o:p></span></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;fon=
t-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">Al Fuller<o:p></o=
:p></span></p></div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;=
color:windowtext"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div style=3D"border:non=
e;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in"><p class=3D"Mso=
Normal"><b><span style=3D"font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,=
sans-serif;color:windowtext">From:</span></b><span style=3D"font-size:11.0p=
t;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext"> Shop-talk &=
lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Mike Sinclair<b=
r><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, October 1, 2024 11:22 AM<br><b>To:</b> Jeff Scarbro=
ugh &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc:</b> [email-masked]<br><=
b>Subject:</b> Re: [Shop-talk] Air<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p clas=
s=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;fon=
t-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif">Thanks all for the advice.&nbsp; Tu=
rned out the regulator is ok, but the plastic knob is connected via some ve=
ry shallow splines on the stem, and doesn't connect well.&nbsp; I wrapped t=
he stem with Teflon tape and it works ok, but I need to find a better way.&=
nbsp; I'll check at my favorite old-fashioned hardware store for a knob.</s=
pan><o:p></o:p></p><p><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tah=
oma&quot;,sans-serif">Mike</span><o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"=
>On 10/1/24 7:43 AM, Jeff Scarbrough wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote=
 style=3D"margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt"><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"=
>Hi Mike, <o:p></o:p></p><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><=
/div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">Is that the regulator knob?&nbsp; Might be=
 stuck or broken inside.&nbsp; A picture of what you're looking at would he=
lp - the online parts diagrams I found look like one of those joke lists fr=
om the 80s that had been faxed a hundred times.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p=
 class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"=
>-- Jeff<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p>=
</p><div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">On Mon, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:43<span styl=
e=3D"font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif">=E2=80=AF</span>PM Mike Sinc=
lair &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</=
a>&gt; wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote style=3D"border:none;border-l=
eft:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-=
right:0in"><div><p><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma=
&quot;,sans-serif">I have a very old small air compressor that compresses o=
k, but I no longer can get it to send air to the outlet.&nbsp; There is a h=
and valve between the gages that turns ok, but doesn't open the valve.&nbsp=
; It doesn't close it very well, either.&nbsp; The knob turns fine, and bot=
toms out in both directions, but nothing happens.&nbsp; Is it possible to b=
uy a replacement?&nbsp; I'm hoping it's just a simple remove and replace.</=
span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Ta=
homa&quot;,sans-serif">Sears Model 916-176311.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p><spa=
n style=3D"font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif">Mike=
</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin-bottom:1=
2.0pt">_______________________________________________<br><br><a href=3D"ma=
ilto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</=
a><br>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank"=
>http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12=
.96<br>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=3D"http://a=
utox.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><=
br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options=
/shop-talk/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mai=
lman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote><=
/div></blockquote></div>
<div>_______________________________________________</div>
<div><br></div>
<div><a class=3D"aqm-autolink aqm-autowrap" href=3D"mailto:Shop-talk%40auto=
x.team.net">[email-masked]</a></div>
<div>Donate: <a class=3D"aqm-autolink aqm-autowrap" href=3D"http://www.team=
.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></div>
<div>Suggested annual donation&nbsp; $12.96</div>
<div>Archive: <a class=3D"aqm-autolink aqm-autowrap" href=3D"http://www.tea=
m.net/pipermail/shop-talk">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a c=
lass=3D"aqm-autolink aqm-autowrap" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive</a></div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a class=3D"aqm-autolink aqm-autowrap" href=3D"htt=
p://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]">http://=
autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a></div>
<div><br></div>
<div><br></div></blockquote>
</div>
</div>
<!-- body end -->

</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div>
</div></body>
</html>

--1924a22751e68d72898f90ee07
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="INL1"
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--1924a22751e68d72898f90ee07--

--1924a22751e68d728989a5ab34--

--===============3019613862292801720==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3019613862292801720==--

---

From: Mike Sinclair <[email-masked]> tamcMjZNYM8ND0YMaXbcYog/o05doKvPMgJULEY/y4oWudmT71b70jNpc0+pKdaSaKNdzisj2H8fQQvw9AGH3g0RrdnLUyRlsM96NguFAKI6VlzP8+cTWHNg JiKHGzJfu6H6ujqTHcnapYoYQF7j5nrGiRC6cq0DifFUrvUYs+F/ttQ4vUaqYC54VhMhLtEuLDQJ5n5lglmw6g==
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 16:46:57 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4523000480778195483==
 boundary="------------NdxTYBlpm4QiUZYUAW8G1ziB"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------NdxTYBlpm4QiUZYUAW8G1ziB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Both good ideas!

Mike

On 10/1/24 3:10 PM, Karl Vacek wrote:
> My aircraft cylinder bleed down gauge uses one of those same goofy 
> Chinese regulators, which well-meaning helpers have broken a few times.
>
>> Mike – when I went out to look at my Craftsman compressor that has 
>> the same setup, I noticed that the regulator knob says “pull to 
>> adjust”. I assume it has some splined interface between the outer 
>> knob and the inner knob to prevent accidental mis-adjustment.
>>
>> If you have been able to get the adjustment you need using Teflon 
>> tape as an interface you are probably good to go. The only other 
>> thing that comes to mind is whether they spent the extra money on 
>> that setup to compensate for the vibration generated when the unit is 
>> running. This is just pure speculation, but you might want to keep an 
>> eye out and ensure the pressure stays where you set it after the 
>> modification.
>>
>> *From:*Shop-talk <[email-masked]> *On Behalf Of 
>> *Mike Sinclair
>> *Sent:* Tuesday, October 1, 2024 11:22 AM
>> *To:* Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
>> *Cc:* [email-masked]
>> *Subject:* Re: [Shop-talk] Air
>>
>> plastic knob is connected via some very shallow splines on the stem, 
>> and doesn't connect well.  I wrapped the stem with Teflon tape and it 
>> works ok, but I need to find a better way. I'll check at my favorite 
>>     diagrams I found look like one of those joke lists from the 80s
>>     that had been faxed a hundred times.
>>
>>     -- Jeff
>>
>>         I have a very old small air compressor that compresses ok,
>>         but I no longer can get it to send air to the outlet.  There
>>         is a hand valve between the gages that turns ok, but doesn't
>>         open the valve.  It doesn't close it very well, either.  The
>>         knob turns fine, and bottoms out in both directions, but
>>         nothing happens.  Is it possible to buy a replacement?  I'm
>>         hoping it's just a simple remove and replace.
>>
>>         Sears Model 916-176311.
>>
>>         Mike
>>
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>> <http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk> 
>> http://autox.team.net/archive <http://autox.team.net/archive>
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>> <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]>
>>
>>
>
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk  http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
--------------NdxTYBlpm4QiUZYUAW8G1ziB
 boundary="------------NfmMhRR78DRwPskWqNAMr0J3"

--------------NfmMhRR78DRwPskWqNAMr0J3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="2" face="Tahoma">Both good ideas!</font></p>
    <p><font size="2" face="Tahoma">Mike<br>
      </font></p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/1/24 3:10 PM, Karl Vacek wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <style>#aqm-original p.MsoNormal, #aqm-original li.MsoNormal, #aqm-original div.MsoNormal {
margin:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:black;
}#aqm-original a:link, #aqm-original span.MsoHyperlink {
mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;
}#aqm-original span.EmailStyle20 {
mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;
}#aqm-original .MsoChpDefault {
mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;
}#aqm-original div.WordSection1 {
page:WordSection1;
}</style>
      <div dir="auto">
        <div dir="auto">My aircraft cylinder bleed down gauge uses one
          of those same goofy Chinese regulators, which well-meaning
          helpers have broken a few times. </div>
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto">It has responded to epoxy and stern warnings to
          helpers to just let me adjust it. </div>
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir="auto">Karl</div>
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div id="aqm-original" style="color: black;">
          <!-- body start -->
          <div link="blue" vlink="purple"
            style="background: white; word-wrap:break-word"
            class="aqm-original-body" lang="en-us">
            <div style="color: black;">
              <p
style="color: black; font-size: 10pt; font-family: sans-serif; margin: 8pt 0;">On
                October 1, 2024 3:11:30 PM <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a>
                wrote:</p>
              <blockquote type="cite" class="gmail_quote"
style="margin: 0 0 0 0.75ex; border-left: 1px solid #808080; padding-left: 0.75ex;">
                <div class="WordSection1">
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                      style="font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext">Mike –
                      when I went out to look at my Craftsman compressor
                      that has the same setup, I noticed that the
                      regulator knob says “pull to adjust”. I assume it
                      has some splined interface between the outer knob
                      and the inner knob to prevent accidental
                      mis-adjustment. <o:p></o:p></span></p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                      style="font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                      style="font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext">If you
                      have been able to get the adjustment you need
                      using Teflon tape as an interface you are probably
                      good to go. The only other thing that comes to
                      mind is whether they spent the extra money on that
                      setup to compensate for the vibration generated
                      when the unit is running. This is just pure
                      speculation, but you might want to keep an eye out
                      and ensure the pressure stays where you set it
                      after the modification.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                      style="font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                      style="font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext"> <img
                        style="width:4.7395in;height:4.2604in"
                        id="Picture_x0020_1"
                        src="cid:[email-masked]"
                        class="" width="455" height="409"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                      style="font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
                  <div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">-----------------------------------<o:p></o:p></span></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">All
                        the best,<o:p></o:p></span></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">Al
                        Fuller<o:p></o:p></span></p>
                  </div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><span
                      style="font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
                  <div>
                    <div
style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
                      <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">From:</span></b><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">
                          Shop-talk
                          <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> <b>On
                            Behalf Of </b>Mike Sinclair<br>
                          <b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, October 1, 2024 11:22 AM<br>
                          <b>To:</b> Jeff Scarbrough
                          <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                          <b>Cc:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
                          <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Shop-talk] Air<o:p></o:p></span></p>
                    </div>
                  </div>
                  <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
                  <p><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif">Thanks
                      all for the advice.  Turned out the regulator is
                      ok, but the plastic knob is connected via some
                      very shallow splines on the stem, and doesn't
                      connect well.  I wrapped the stem with Teflon tape
                      and it works ok, but I need to find a better way. 
                      I'll check at my favorite old-fashioned hardware
                      store for a knob.</span><o:p></o:p></p>
                  <p><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif">Mike</span><o:p></o:p></p>
                  <div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal">On 10/1/24 7:43 AM, Jeff
                      Scarbrough wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
                  </div>
                  <blockquote
                    style="margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
                    <div>
                      <p class="MsoNormal">Hi Mike, <o:p></o:p></p>
                      <div>
                        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
                      </div>
                      <div>
                        <p class="MsoNormal">Is that the regulator
                          knob?  Might be stuck or broken inside.  A
                          picture of what you're looking at would help -
                          the online parts diagrams I found look like
                          one of those joke lists from the 80s that had
                          been faxed a hundred times.<o:p></o:p></p>
                      </div>
                      <div>
                        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
                      </div>
                      <div>
                        <p class="MsoNormal">-- Jeff<o:p></o:p></p>
                      </div>
                    </div>
                    <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
                    <div>
                      <div>
                        <p class="MsoNormal">On Mon, Sep 30, 2024 at
                          7:43<span
style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"> </span>PM Mike
                          Sinclair &lt;<a
                            href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                          wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
                      </div>
                      <blockquote
style="border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in">
                        <div>
                          <p><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif">I
                              have a very old small air compressor that
                              compresses ok, but I no longer can get it
                              to send air to the outlet.  There is a
                              hand valve between the gages that turns
                              ok, but doesn't open the valve.  It
                              doesn't close it very well, either.  The
                              knob turns fine, and bottoms out in both
                              directions, but nothing happens.  Is it
                              possible to buy a replacement?  I'm hoping
                              it's just a simple remove and replace.</span><o:p></o:p></p>
                          <p><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif">Sears
                              Model 916-176311.</span><o:p></o:p></p>
                          <p><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif">Mike</span><o:p></o:p></p>
                        </div>
                        <p class="MsoNormal"
                          style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">_______________________________________________<br>
                          <br>
                          <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                            target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
                          Donate: <a
                            href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                            target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                          Suggested annual donation  $12.96<br>
                          Archive: <a
href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" target="_blank"
                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a>
                          <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive"
                            target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
                          <br>
                          Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]"
                            target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                            class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p>
                      </blockquote>
                    </div>
                  </blockquote>
                </div>
                <div>_______________________________________________</div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div><a class="aqm-autolink aqm-autowrap"
                    href="mailto:Shop-talk%40autox.team.net"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a></div>
                <div>Donate: <a
class="aqm-autolink aqm-autowrap moz-txt-link-freetext"
                    href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></div>
                <div>Suggested annual donation  $12.96</div>
                <div>Archive: <a
class="aqm-autolink aqm-autowrap moz-txt-link-freetext"
                    href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a>
                  <a
class="aqm-autolink aqm-autowrap moz-txt-link-freetext"
                    href="http://autox.team.net/archive"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a></div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
class="aqm-autolink aqm-autowrap moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a></div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
                <div><br>
                </div>
              </blockquote>
            </div>
          </div>
          <!-- body end -->
        </div>
        <div dir="auto"><br>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>
--------------NfmMhRR78DRwPskWqNAMr0J3
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="INL1"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------NfmMhRR78DRwPskWqNAMr0J3--

--------------NdxTYBlpm4QiUZYUAW8G1ziB--

--===============4523000480778195483==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4523000480778195483==--

---

From: Mike Sinclair <[email-masked]> mJd3GHX55sQul7KXgmZEW+PHWMj4C8lwa+jP3yZQ5twwamfuCW//1jMJcOxnz6wbJ/9R23iyqs8JT/7ic2dpFfvhi8v/LgI21WqI4UEZYb5S++t5wElp9Jpu wZXu2xK6Bh18iawO3In6CKhvWvhnGPrTrFgdiBI1eAeePDhpT5Kdqe1qa+NKK7F5G1d5UeGEnDo1HqC3S2mHTA==
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 16:47:44 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4900858153028855590==
 boundary="------------61gAV7y0hOEPTXz6nCe0TwEG"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------61gAV7y0hOEPTXz6nCe0TwEG
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Thanks.  No "pull to adjust".  Just a plastic knob that is softer than 
the metal stem splines.  This unit is probably 30 years old.

Mike

On 10/1/24 12:53 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
>
> Mike – when I went out to look at my Craftsman compressor that has the 
> same setup, I noticed that the regulator knob says “pull to adjust”. I 
> assume it has some splined interface between the outer knob and the 
> inner knob to prevent accidental mis-adjustment.
>
> If you have been able to get the adjustment you need using Teflon tape 
> as an interface you are probably good to go. The only other thing that 
> comes to mind is whether they spent the extra money on that setup to 
> compensate for the vibration generated when the unit is running. This 
> is just pure speculation, but you might want to keep an eye out and 
> ensure the pressure stays where you set it after the modification.
>
>         I have a very old small air compressor that compresses ok, but
>         I no longer can get it to send air to the outlet.  There is a
>         hand valve between the gages that turns ok, but doesn't open
>         the valve.  It doesn't close it very well, either.  The knob
>         turns fine, and bottoms out in both directions, but nothing
>         happens.  Is it possible to buy a replacement?  I'm hoping
>         it's just a simple remove and replace.
>
>         Sears Model 916-176311.
>
>         Mike
>
--------------61gAV7y0hOEPTXz6nCe0TwEG
 boundary="------------A2JwN0dx9i0BfwIF5hhHn1sD"

--------------A2JwN0dx9i0BfwIF5hhHn1sD
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="2" face="Tahoma">Thanks.  No "pull to adjust".  Just
        a plastic knob that is softer than the metal stem splines.  This
        unit is probably 30 years old.</font></p>
    <p><font size="2" face="Tahoma">Mike<br>
      </font></p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 10/1/24 12:53 PM,
      <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator"
        content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
      <!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]-->
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:black;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext">Mike – when I went
            out to look at my Craftsman compressor that has the same
            setup, I noticed that the regulator knob says “pull to
            adjust”. I assume it has some splined interface between the
            outer knob and the inner knob to prevent accidental
            mis-adjustment. <o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext">If you have been
            able to get the adjustment you need using Teflon tape as an
            interface you are probably good to go. The only other thing
            that comes to mind is whether they spent the extra money on
            that setup to compensate for the vibration generated when
            the unit is running. This is just pure speculation, but you
            might want to keep an eye out and ensure the pressure stays
            where you set it after the modification.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext"> <img
              style="width:4.7395in;height:4.2604in"
              id="Picture_x0020_1"
              src="cid:[email-masked]" class=""
              width="455" height="409"><o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">-----------------------------------<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">All
              the best,<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">Al
              Fuller<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
            style="font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <div>
          <div
style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">From:</span></b><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;color:windowtext">
                Shop-talk <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> <b>On
                  Behalf Of </b>Mike Sinclair<br>
                <b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, October 1, 2024 11:22 AM<br>
                <b>To:</b> Jeff Scarbrough <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
                <b>Cc:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
                <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Shop-talk] Air<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif">Thanks
            all for the advice.  Turned out the regulator is ok, but the
            plastic knob is connected via some very shallow splines on
            the stem, and doesn't connect well.  I wrapped the stem with
            Teflon tape and it works ok, but I need to find a better
            way.  I'll check at my favorite old-fashioned hardware store
            for a knob.</span><o:p></o:p></p>
        <p><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif">Mike</span><o:p></o:p></p>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal">On 10/1/24 7:43 AM, Jeff Scarbrough
            wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <blockquote style="margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt">
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal">Hi Mike, <o:p></o:p></p>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal">Is that the regulator knob?  Might be
                stuck or broken inside.  A picture of what you're
                looking at would help - the online parts diagrams I
                found look like one of those joke lists from the 80s
                that had been faxed a hundred times.<o:p></o:p></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
            </div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal">-- Jeff<o:p></o:p></p>
            </div>
          </div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
          <div>
            <div>
              <p class="MsoNormal">On Mon, Sep 30, 2024 at 7:43<span
                  style="font-family:&quot;Arial&quot;,sans-serif"> </span>PM
                Mike Sinclair &lt;<a
                  href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
            </div>
            <blockquote
style="border:none;border-left:solid #CCCCCC 1.0pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-right:0in">
              <div>
                <p><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif">I
                    have a very old small air compressor that compresses
                    ok, but I no longer can get it to send air to the
                    outlet.  There is a hand valve between the gages
                    that turns ok, but doesn't open the valve.  It
                    doesn't close it very well, either.  The knob turns
                    fine, and bottoms out in both directions, but
                    nothing happens.  Is it possible to buy a
                    replacement?  I'm hoping it's just a simple remove
                    and replace.</span><o:p></o:p></p>
                <p><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif">Sears
                    Model 916-176311.</span><o:p></o:p></p>
                <p><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,sans-serif">Mike</span><o:p></o:p></p>
              </div>
              <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt">_______________________________________________<br>
                <br>
                <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                  target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                  class="moz-txt-link-freetext">[email-masked]</a><br>
                Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                  target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                  class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
                Suggested annual donation  $12.96<br>
                Archive: <a
                  href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"
                  target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                  class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a>
                <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" target="_blank"
                  moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
                <br>
                Unsubscribe/Manage: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]"
                  target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true"
                  class="moz-txt-link-freetext">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p>
            </blockquote>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>
--------------A2JwN0dx9i0BfwIF5hhHn1sD
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image001.jpg"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------A2JwN0dx9i0BfwIF5hhHn1sD--

--------------61gAV7y0hOEPTXz6nCe0TwEG--

--===============4900858153028855590==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4900858153028855590==--

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2024 18:34:42 -0700

--===============8808730278744075402==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_EE7D_01DB1430.95290200"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_EE7D_01DB1430.95290200
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_EE7E_01DB1430.95290200"

------=_NextPart_001_EE7E_01DB1430.95290200
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Yeah =E2=80=93 this one is likely that old too. It=E2=80=99s getting =
pretty noisy and I don=E2=80=99t want to spend the time to find a new =
cylinder for it, which would quiet it down. The good thing is I =
don=E2=80=99t need to use it a lot these days. I could probably get by =
with something a lot smaller and quieter.

=20

All the best,

=20

Al Fuller

=20

From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Mike =
Sinclair
Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2024 4:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air

=20

Thanks.  No "pull to adjust".  Just a plastic knob that is softer than =
the metal stem splines.  This unit is probably 30 years old.

Mike

On 10/1/24 12:53 PM, [email-masked] =

=20

=20

=20

All the best,

=20

Al Fuller

=20

<[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Mike Sinclair
Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2024 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air

=20

Mike

Hi Mike,=20

=20

=20

-- Jeff

=20

Sears Model 916-176311.

Mike

_______________________________________________
=20
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
http://autox.team.net/archive
=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
=20

------=_NextPart_001_EE7E_01DB1430.95290200
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Aptos;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";
	color:black;}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;
	color:black;}
span.EmailStyle22
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body bgcolor=3Dwhite =
lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple =
style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'>Yeah =
=E2=80=93 this one is likely that old too. It=E2=80=99s getting pretty =
noisy and I don=E2=80=99t want to spend the time to find a new cylinder =
for it, which would quiet it down. The good thing is I don=E2=80=99t =
need to use it a lot these days. I could probably get by with something =
a lot smaller and quieter.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><=
div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>-----------------------------------<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>All the best,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>Al Fuller<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><=
div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'> Shop-talk &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Mike Sinclair<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, October 1, 2024 4:48 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: =
[Shop-talk] Air<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>Thanks.&nbsp; =
No &quot;pull to adjust&quot;.&nbsp; Just a plastic knob that is softer =
than the metal stem splines.&nbsp; This unit is probably 30 years =
old.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma",sans-serif'>Mike</span><o:=
p></o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On 10/1/24 12:53 PM, <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'>Mike =
=E2=80=93 when I went out to look at my Craftsman compressor that has =
the same setup, I noticed that the regulator knob says =E2=80=9Cpull to =
adjust=E2=80=9D. I assume it has some splined interface between the =
outer knob and the inner knob to prevent accidental mis-adjustment. =
</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><=
p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'>If =
you have been able to get the adjustment you need using Teflon tape as =
an interface you are probably good to go. The only other thing that =
comes to mind is whether they spent the extra money on that setup to =
compensate for the vibration generated when the unit is running. This is =
just pure speculation, but you might want to keep an eye out and ensure =
the pressure stays where you set it after the =
modification.</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><=
p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'><img border=3D0 width=3D455 =
height=3D409 style=3D'width:4.7395in;height:4.2604in' =
id=3D"Picture_x0020_1" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"></span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><=
div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>-----------------------------------</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>All the best,</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>Al Fuller</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;color:windowtext'>&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p><=
div><div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 =
1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'>From:</span></b><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;color:windowte=
xt'> Shop-talk <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;shop-talk-bounces@au=
tox.team.net&gt;</a> <b>On Behalf Of </b>Mike Sinclair<br><b>Sent:</b> =
Tuesday, October 1, 2024 11:22 AM<br><b>To:</b> Jeff Scarbrough <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br><b=
>Cc:</b> <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>=
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Shop-talk] Air</span><o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p><span =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>On =
6.0pt;margin-left:4.8pt;margin-top:5.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:5=
.0pt'><div><p><span =
[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></blockquote><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><pre>___________________________=
____________________<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><o:p=
></o:p></pre><pre>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Suggested annual donation=C2=A0 =
$12.96<o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk">http://www.team.net/pipe=
rmail/shop-talk</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><=
o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/phoenix722@comcas=
t.net">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/phoenix722@comcast=
.net</a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre></blockquote></div><=
/body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_EE7E_01DB1430.95290200--

------=_NextPart_000_EE7D_01DB1430.95290200
	name="image001.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_EE7D_01DB1430.95290200--

--===============8808730278744075402==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8808730278744075402==--