Subject: [Shop-talk] Converting a bubble flare to a bleeder port?

From: Jim Franklin <[email-masked]> boundary="Apple-Mail=_3D2E0DA6-2912-42F1-A93F-BD8060682DD4"
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2024 20:01:32 -0400

--Apple-Mail=_3D2E0DA6-2912-42F1-A93F-BD8060682DD4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

I have a Moto Guzzi that had linked brakes, with the rear pedal =
operating the rear caliper and one front caliper via a length of tubing. =
I'm converting it to normal operation so I need to cap off one of the =
ports on the splitter connected to the rear caliper. =46rom what I've =
read European braking systems use a bubble flare on their tubing- a one =
time use flare that crushes to conform to a concave bottomed hole.

I figured I'd plug the unused hole with a bleeder so I can easily remove =
any air that's in that half of the splitter, but I don't know if a =
normal conical bleeder will seal against the bottom of the splitter. =
Does anyone know? The other option is to just cap it off with a bolt and =
crush washer but it's not as elegant.=20

thanks,
jim

--Apple-Mail=_3D2E0DA6-2912-42F1-A93F-BD8060682DD4
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=IMG_8033.jpeg
	name="IMG_8033.jpeg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail=_3D2E0DA6-2912-42F1-A93F-BD8060682DD4
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--Apple-Mail=_3D2E0DA6-2912-42F1-A93F-BD8060682DD4--