Subject: [Shop-talk] BT headphones

From: Moose <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 11:10:02 -0400 05/03/2024 11:10:13 AM, Serialize complete at 05/03/2024 11:10:13 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============3581959834834599778==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0053516385258B12_=

Braintrust-

I am looking for a pair of heading protection that can link to a cell 
phone.

Here is what I am looking for.  If I am weed wacking or running a mower, I 
want something to protect what is left of my hearing, HOWEVER, will ring 
if I get a phone call.

Note, I don't need to be able to answer or talk on the phone with them on, 
just something that will let me know if I'm getting a phone call.  Playing 
music from my phone isn't needed, but I guess it would be possible once 
connected.

The problem is that every headphone I see is made to play music, I just 
want to make sure it will ring if I get a call.  None of the ads mention 
if they can or not.

I don't care if they are muff types or buds (I would prefer buds if they 
work as good as muffs.)

Active noise canceling is highly preferred.

So, does anyone have any suggestions?  Any thing you are happy with?

Note, I'll pay whatever price for a good set.

Thanks.

Moose

--=_alternative 0053516385258B12_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Braintrust-</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I am looking for a pair of heading protection
that can link to a cell phone.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Here is what I am looking for. &nbsp;If
I am weed wacking or running a mower, I want something to protect what
is left of my hearing, HOWEVER, will ring if I get a phone call.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Note, I don't need to be able to answer
or talk on the phone with them on, just something that will let me know
if I'm getting a phone call. &nbsp;Playing music from my phone isn't needed,
but I guess it would be possible once connected.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">The problem is that every headphone
I see is made to play music, I just want to make sure it will ring if I
get a call. &nbsp;None of the ads mention if they can or not.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I don't care if they are muff types
or buds (I would prefer buds if they work as good as muffs.)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Active noise canceling is highly preferred.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">So, does anyone have any suggestions?
&nbsp;Any thing you are happy with?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Note, I'll pay whatever price for a
good set.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Moose</font>
<br>
--=_alternative 0053516385258B12_=--

--===============3581959834834599778==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============3581959834834599778==--

---

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2024 15:36:00 +0000

--===============3552296758547922133==
 boundary="--_NmP-17cd6d5eec99b1a0-Part_1"

----_NmP-17cd6d5eec99b1a0-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I've heard good things about Elgin products, but have yet to order.  =
Looking to order something myself as well.

https://elginusa.com/collections/bluetooth-hearing-protection

Brian
-----Original Message-----
From: Moose <[email-masked]>
Sent: May 3, 2024 8:19 AM
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Shop-talk] BT headphones

Braintrust-=20

I am looking for a pair of heading protection that can link to a cell phone=
.=20

Here is what I am looking for.  If I am weed wacking or running a mower, I =
want something to protect what is left of my hearing, HOWEVER, will ring if=
 I get a phone call.=20

Note, I don't need to be able to answer or talk on the phone with them on, =
just something that will let me know if I'm getting a phone call.  Playing =
music from my phone isn't needed, but I guess it would be possible once =
connected.=20

The problem is that every headphone I see is made to play music, I just =
want to make sure it will ring if I get a call.  None of the ads mention if=
 they can or not.=20

I don't care if they are muff types or buds (I would prefer buds if they =
work as good as muffs.)=20

Active noise canceling is highly preferred.=20

So, does anyone have any suggestions?  Any thing you are happy with?=20

Note, I'll pay whatever price for a good set.=20

Thanks.=20

Moose=20

----_NmP-17cd6d5eec99b1a0-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div style=3D"color:rgb(0, 0, 0);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:12p=
t"><p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">I've heard good things =
about Elgin products, but have yet to order.&nbsp; Looking to order =
something myself as well.</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;"><a =
href=3D"https://elginusa.com/collections/bluetooth-hearing-protection">http=
s://elginusa.com/collections/bluetooth-hearing-protection</a></p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">&nbsp;</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">Brian</p>
</div>
<div class=3D"elnk-inline-message-container" style=3D"border-left: 1px =
solid #aaa; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 10px 0 10px 15px; margin: =
0;">
<p>-----Original Message-----<br>From: Moose &lt;eric@megageek.=
com&gt;<br>Sent: May 3, 2024 8:19 AM<br>To: &lt;[email-masked].=
net&gt;<br>Subject: [Shop-talk] BT headphones</p>
<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.0;">&nbsp;</p>
<span style=3D"font-family: sans-serif; font-size: small;">Braintrust-</spa=
n> <br><br><span style=3D"font-family: sans-serif; font-size: small;">I am =
looking for a pair of heading protection that can link to a cell phone.=
</span> <br><br><span style=3D"font-family: sans-serif; font-size: =
small;">Here is what I am looking for. &nbsp;If I am weed wacking or =
running a mower, I want something to protect what is left of my hearing, =
HOWEVER, will ring if I get a phone call.</span> <br><br><span =
style=3D"font-family: sans-serif; font-size: small;">Note, I don't need to =
be able to answer or talk on the phone with them on, just something that =
will let me know if I'm getting a phone call. &nbsp;Playing music from my =
phone isn't needed, but I guess it would be possible once connected.</span>=
 <br><br><span style=3D"font-family: sans-serif; font-size: small;">The =
problem is that every headphone I see is made to play music, I just want to=
 make sure it will ring if I get a call. &nbsp;None of the ads mention if =
they can or not.</span> <br><br><span style=3D"font-family: sans-serif; =
font-size: small;">I don't care if they are muff types or buds (I would =
prefer buds if they work as good as muffs.)</span> <br><br><span =
style=3D"font-family: sans-serif; font-size: small;">Active noise canceling=
 is highly preferred.</span> <br><br><span style=3D"font-family: =
sans-serif; font-size: small;">So, does anyone have any suggestions? =
&nbsp;Any thing you are happy with?</span> <br><br><span =
style=3D"font-family: sans-serif; font-size: small;">Note, I'll pay =
whatever price for a good set.</span> <br><br><span style=3D"font-family: =
sans-serif; font-size: small;">Thanks.</span> <br><br><span =
style=3D"font-family: sans-serif; font-size: small;">Moose</span> </div>

<p style=3D"margin: 0.1rem 0; line-height: 1.=
0;">&nbsp;</p>
----_NmP-17cd6d5eec99b1a0-Part_1--

--===============3552296758547922133==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3552296758547922133==--

---

From: Mark Miller <[email-masked]> hZm2EOxwJ0H3mUFvInXxfrjVRpfYUPArA6KvIL+Fjsu1xqgHu6Abuj/tFoVAD+7FXFv6bZPQajAV9LdQN31gHrv0YKheApn7oPTQzToN1Ub/do/WYfKuB355 byCtVLLmH/MFETNWOLzwL8SpM6aXYp9LnGXSaDv1zOatp9TLKv5E6yxnDUjjaIGxEyXAccnGV1w7J0c41JCmjw==
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 23:32:01 -0700

I have a pair of 3M worktunes connect. About $50 at Amazon 
(https://a.co/d/bRWzLyF).  They are pretty great.  I can listen to music 
or podcasts, or not if you don't want to, and they interrupt when there 
is a call. Can press a button on the muff to answer the call and then 
again to end it.  All works as it should, and they work for 2 or 3 10 
hour days before needing to recharge.

Only issue is that after a full day of wearing them with safety glasses 
my ears feel the pressure from the glasses.

Regards,

Mark Miller   707-490-5834
[email-masked]

On 5/3/2024 8:45 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> To: [email-masked]
> Message-ID:
> 	<[email-masked]>
> 	
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> Braintrust-
>

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]