Subject: [Shop-talk] Gas Pressure Washer problem

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 13:40:00 GMT

I cranked up the old pressure washer this weekend and it ran great, till it quit. It is an old Karcher G4000SH with low time, less than 50 hours on it. My wife was washing the deck, she put down the gun to reposition and when she went to resume it bogged down and quit. I was summoned to restart and find it is very hard to turn the motor over via the pull cord, I figure there is residual pressure on the pump so I pulled the trigger on the gun but nothing comes out.  Does this mean no residual pressure or is it a trigger failure?

I am stumped.  Any guidance or ideas?
TIA!
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 11:05:44 -0400

--===============7316131522881066952==

--00000000000088fbf606185739d9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

My pressure washer is electric, but I assume the plumbing is similar.  If I
take the wand off, water will flow through the machine and the pump.  I
would first remove the tip, being careful to avoid any residual pressure.
Pull the trigger and see what comes out with the supply hose connected.
Then work your way back to the pump.

Also try removing the spark plug and see if it will turn over that way.

On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 9:51=E2=80=AFAM Matt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I cranked up the old pressure washer this weekend and it ran great, till
> it quit. It is an old Karcher G4000SH with low time, less than 50 hours o=
n
> it. My wife was washing the deck, she put down the gun to reposition and
> when she went to resume it bogged down and quit. I was summoned to restar=
t
> and find it is very hard to turn the motor over via the pull cord, I figu=
re
> there is residual pressure on the pump so I pulled the trigger on the gun
> but nothing comes out.  Does this mean no residual pressure or is it a
> trigger failure?
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

--00000000000088fbf606185739d9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">My pressure washer is electric, but I assume the plumbing =
is similar.=C2=A0 If I take the wand off, water will flow through the=C2=A0=
machine and the pump.=C2=A0 I would first remove the tip, being careful to =
avoid any residual pressure.=C2=A0 Pull the trigger and see what comes out =
with the supply hose connected.=C2=A0 Then work your way=C2=A0back to the p=
ump.<div><br></div><div>Also try removing the spark plug and see if it will=
 turn over that way.</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"=
ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 9:51=E2=80=AFAM Matt &lt;=
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div>=
<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-=
left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">I cranked up the old pres=
sure washer this weekend and it ran great, till it quit. It is an old Karch=
er G4000SH with low time, less than 50 hours on it. My wife was washing the=
 deck, she put down the gun to reposition and when she went to resume it bo=
gged down and quit. I was summoned to restart and find it is very hard to t=
urn the motor over via the pull cord, I figure there is residual pressure o=
n the pump so I pulled the trigger on the gun but nothing comes out.=C2=A0 =
Does this mean no residual pressure or is it a trigger failure?<br>
<br>
I am stumped.=C2=A0 Any guidance or ideas?<br>
TIA!<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Shop-talk@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--00000000000088fbf606185739d9--

--===============7316131522881066952==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7316131522881066952==--

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 16:01:47 GMT

Good tips!
Engine oil is good.  I don't think the engine is the problem.  The tip back methodology makes sense. I am thinking a problem with the trigger valve...  I will report my findings  It's gonnaa be a couple of days though.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
To: Matt <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Gas Pressure Washer problem
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 11:05:44 -0400

My pressure washer is electric, but I assume the plumbing is similar.  If I take the wand off, water will flow through the machine and the pump.  I would first remove the tip, being careful to avoid any residual pressure.  Pull the trigger and see what comes out with the supply hose connected.  Then work your way back to the pump.
Also try removing the spark plug and see if it will turn over that way.
On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 9:51 AM Matt <[email-masked]> wrote:
I cranked up the old pressure washer this weekend and it ran great, till it quit. It is an old Karcher G4000SH with low time, less than 50 hours on it. My wife was washing the deck, she put down the gun to reposition and when she went to resume it bogged down and quit. I was summoned to restart and find it is very hard to turn the motor over via the pull cord, I figure there is residual pressure on the pump so I pulled the trigger on the gun but nothing comes out.  Does this mean no residual pressure or is it a trigger failure?

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]