Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Inexpensive OBD-II Scanner

From: Brian Kemp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 10:09:51 -0800

As a basic scanner, I have an older version of this:
https://www.harborfreight.com/obd-ii-code-reader-64981.html

Read and reset codes on several cars.  Helped me understand (with 
internet research) if the code was something I could resolve or 
something the dealer needed to address.  Paid about $35, similar to the 
above reader.  You do have to drill down on menus because there are only 
two buttons.  Pay $60 and you can get more buttons and a more detailed 
display so the reader is likely to be easier to use.

If you go up to the $320 reader, grab the coupon from 
https://www.harborfreight.com/coupons to save some money.

Brian

On 2/3/2024 9:08 AM, Jeff Scarbrough wrote:
> I have a 2012 Ford F-150 that throws a code.  It's been to the dealer 
> and repaired, then it threw the code again 5 months 3000 miles later.  
> The dealer had it for a week and reset it and couldn't find a fault.  
> Now, another 1500 miles and it's come back.
>
> N.B. Changing the battery also threw a code (the light went off after 
> driving for a while, but it still shows on the scanner).
>
> I have a few suggestions to try and fix it, but I'm looking for 
> something to read and reset the codes with.  I can get my FLAPS to 
> read it, but they are reluctant to reset it sometimes.  I see readers 
> on Amazon for $15 and up, but I'm willing to pay for a quality tool as 
> long as it isn't stupid expensive.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Jeff the S
> Corrosion Acres, Ga.
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

---

From: JohnT Blair <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 13:42:48 -0500 (EST)

--===============3084445803190973279==
	boundary="----=_Part_2124009_86615098.1706985768843"

------=_Part_2124009_86615098.1706985768843
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 02/03/2024 12:08 PM EST Jeff Scarbrough  wrote:
 
>I have a 2012 Ford F-150 that throws a code.  It's been to
>the dealer and repaired, then it threw the code again 5
>months 3000 miles later.....
 
>I can get my FLAPS to read it, but they are reluctant to
>reset it sometimes.  I see readers on Amazon for $15 and
>up, but I'm willing to pay for a quality tool as long as it isn't
>stupid expensive.
 
Jeff,
 
Remember you get what you pay for.  I've had 2 Actron readers.  The first one I bought on sale for $50 back on the 2000s,  I only displayed the code number you had to look it up in a book or online and would reset codes.  It only read the ECM codes.  Then I bought  a Actron CP9680 for about $150 back before the pandemic so some time around 2018.  It reads more than just ECM, and gives a verbal description of the error code and real time data and graphs for things like the O2 sensor so you can actually check Cats.  You can find this on ebay for around $100 (I personally think that's a bit high.  I'd offer about $70 and haggle.)  
 
Actron has a CP9660 for $100.  That looks pretty good:
 
Pep Boys has this unit for $60 on line:
 
https://www.pepboys.com/actron-pocketscan-plus-scan-tool/product/1772636
 
In one of the reviews the reviewer also talks about the CP9670 but it's expensive about $175.
 
This looks pretty good on ebay:
 
BOSCH 1200 Enhanced Auto Scanner OBD II CAN ABS SRS LIVE DATA Scan Tool https://www.ebay.com/itm/324086425966?epid=1338125210&hash=item4b750e696e:g:lnIAAOSwFNZWz2MK&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4G0n7UcKF3rvJFyev6PRUbBD1VlroZnqZFAWrkoPwaVMAinwL8Okgg4W3pbuX0g37G%2FE7ma84%2BL4VoQmp4LTJ%2BMRSXltHFmUFeXAMrkOqFdBKPHJ1w6FIOcWJ%2FG%2BcparVCQxUkG2xq%2B%2FV8mvD%2B7%2F%2FC88V1PbYa8kuDThEznMuTB4s%2FKOugeGQXfYb3QNksw14Wxex7ujSDYqJC4YCcB8XFw6VxlqD7yd9SfD%2BKVSzfMJUs14JRdvhCIvD8KGoHdS3LAlBv0u9vLB8nKVjVN5LHbiUOwYz%2FneFoImlAVycT9C%7Ctkp%3ABFBMsNmlhK5j . 

with free shipping.
 
JohnT,

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  [email-masked] mailto:[email-masked]
Va. Beach, Va                    Phone:  (757) 495-8229

65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)     75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)   48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget  
65 & 77 Spitfire   71 Saab Sonett III   65 Rambler Classic   65 Volvo P1800

Morgan:    http://autox.team.net/morgan/
Bricklin:    http://www.bricklin.org/

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!

>From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
In God We Trust
Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for 
oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction 
------=_Part_2124009_86615098.1706985768843
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!doctype html>
<html>
 <head>
  <meta charset=3D"UTF-8">
 </head>
 <body>
  <div>
   On 02/03/2024 12:08 PM EST Jeff Scarbrough&nbsp; wrote:
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &nbsp;
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &gt;I have a 2012 Ford F-150 that throws a code.&nbsp; It's been to
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &gt;the dealer and repaired, then it threw the code again 5
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &gt;months 3000 miles later.....
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &nbsp;
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &gt;I can get my FLAPS to read it, but they are reluctant to
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &gt;reset it sometimes.&nbsp; I see readers on Amazon for $15 and
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &gt;up, but I'm willing to pay for a quality tool as long as it isn't
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &gt;stupid expensive.
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &nbsp;
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   Jeff,
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &nbsp;
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   Remember you get what you pay for.&nbsp; I've had 2 Actron readers.&nbsp=
; The first one I bought on sale for $50 back on the 2000s,&nbsp; I only di=
splayed the code number you had to look it up in a book or online and would=
 reset codes.&nbsp; It only read the ECM codes.&nbsp; Then I bought&nbsp; a=
 Actron CP9680 for about $150 back before the pandemic so some time around =
2018.&nbsp; It reads more than just ECM, and gives a verbal description of =
the error code and real time data and graphs for things like the O2 sensor =
so you can actually check Cats.&nbsp; You can find this on ebay for around =
$100 (I personally think that's a bit high.&nbsp; I'd offer about $70 and h=
aggle.) &nbsp;
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &nbsp;
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   Actron has a CP9660 for $100.&nbsp; That looks pretty good:
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &nbsp;
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   Pep Boys has this unit for $60 on line:
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &nbsp;
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   <a href=3D"https://www.pepboys.com/actron-pocketscan-plus-scan-tool/prod=
uct/1772636">https://www.pepboys.com/actron-pocketscan-plus-scan-tool/produ=
ct/1772636</a>
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &nbsp;
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   In one of the reviews the reviewer also talks about the CP9670 but it's =
expensive about $175.
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &nbsp;
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   This looks pretty good on ebay:
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &nbsp;
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   <a class=3D"s-item__link" href=3D"https://www.ebay.com/itm/324086425966?=
epid=3D1338125210&amp;hash=3Ditem4b750e696e:g:lnIAAOSwFNZWz2MK&amp;amdata=
=3Denc%3AAQAIAAAA4G0n7UcKF3rvJFyev6PRUbBD1VlroZnqZFAWrkoPwaVMAinwL8Okgg4W3p=
buX0g37G%2FE7ma84%2BL4VoQmp4LTJ%2BMRSXltHFmUFeXAMrkOqFdBKPHJ1w6FIOcWJ%2FG%2=
BcparVCQxUkG2xq%2B%2FV8mvD%2B7%2F%2FC88V1PbYa8kuDThEznMuTB4s%2FKOugeGQXfYb3=
QNksw14Wxex7ujSDYqJC4YCcB8XFw6VxlqD7yd9SfD%2BKVSzfMJUs14JRdvhCIvD8KGoHdS3LA=
lBv0u9vLB8nKVjVN5LHbiUOwYz%2FneFoImlAVycT9C%7Ctkp%3ABFBMsNmlhK5j" data-s-i4=
mf036=3D"{&quot;eventFamily&quot;:&quot;LST&quot;,&quot;eventAction&quot;:&=
quot;ACTN&quot;,&quot;actionKind&quot;:&quot;NAVSRC&quot;,&quot;actionKinds=
&quot;:[&quot;NAVSRC&quot;],&quot;operationId&quot;:&quot;2351460&quot;,&qu=
ot;flushImmediately&quot;:false,&quot;eventProperty&quot;:{&quot;$l&quot;:&=
quot;1373190299969385&quot;}}" data-interactions=3D"[{&quot;actionKind&quot=
;:&quot;NAVSRC&quot;,&quot;interaction&quot;:&quot;wwFVrK2vRE0lhQQ0MDFITlI0=
OUROQ0ZBMkswQkgxQ0cwRjVFMkc0MDFITlI0OURKSjkyOFlEM0pZU05RUzFOVFkAAAg4MzQwDE5=
BVlNSQwA=3D&quot;}]">BOSCH 1200 Enhanced Auto Scanner OBD II CAN ABS SRS LI=
VE DATA Scan Tool </a>.&nbsp;
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   <br>
   with free shipping.
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &nbsp;
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   JohnT,
  </div>
  <div class=3D"default-style">
   &nbsp;
  </div>
  <div class=3D"io-ox-signature">
   <p class=3D"default-style"><span style=3D"font-family: tahoma, arial, he=
lvetica, sans-serif;">John T. Blair&nbsp; WA4OHZ&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; em=
ail:&nbsp; <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></sp=
an><br>
    Va. Beach, Va&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; Phone:&nbsp; (757) 495-8229<=
/p>
   <p>65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106) &nbsp; &nbsp; 75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)&=
nbsp;&nbsp; 48 TR1800&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 48 #4 Midget&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>
    65 &amp; 77 Spitfire&nbsp;&nbsp; 71 Saab Sonett III&nbsp;&nbsp; 65 Ramb=
ler Classic&nbsp;&nbsp; 65 Volvo P1800</p>
   <p>Morgan:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/morgan/">h=
ttp://autox.team.net/morgan/</a><br>
    Bricklin:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href=3D"http://www.bricklin.org/">=
http://www.bricklin.org</a></p>
   <p>If you can read this&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - Thank a teacher! <br>
    If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!</p>
   <p>From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:<br>
    e pluribus Unum, "from many, one." <br>
    In God We Trust <br>
    Liberty - the&nbsp; power&nbsp; of&nbsp; choosing,&nbsp; thinking,&nbsp=
; and&nbsp; acting&nbsp; for&nbsp; <br>
    oneself; freedom&nbsp; from&nbsp; control&nbsp; or&nbsp; restriction&nb=
sp;</p>
  </div>
 </body>
</html>
------=_Part_2124009_86615098.1706985768843--

--===============3084445803190973279==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3084445803190973279==--

---

From: Robert Rochlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 16:26:10 -0400

--===============0315353000863089554==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_43B870A2-8D98-49E7-B22E-E78DD5295C49"

--Apple-Mail=_43B870A2-8D98-49E7-B22E-E78DD5295C49
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

I have an Innova 5610 which is a medium  pricery scanner, but with cost =
comes greater capability.  I bit the bullet and bought this scanner when =
I had mutable codes come up on my BMW Z4.  The scanner picked up all the =
codes and allowed me to do the repairs myself.  Since then the 5410 has =
identified codes and, once repaired, erase them. Innova also has =
excellent customer support by very knowledgeable techs.  I=E2=80=99ve =
saved the cost of the scanner a couple of times over at this point on =
repairs I was able to identify and repair. Also, Innova  does periodic =
firmware updates. The Harbor freight Zurich 15s that Brian refers to =
looks suspiciously like the Innova 5610=E2=80=A6
	Best,
	Bob

> On Feb 3, 2024, at 2:09=E2=80=AFPM, Brian Kemp <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Read and reset codes on several cars.  Helped me understand (with =
internet research) if the code was something I could resolve or =
something the dealer needed to address.  Paid about $35, similar to the =
above reader.  You do have to drill down on menus because there are only =
two buttons.  Pay $60 and you can get more buttons and a more detailed =
display so the reader is likely to be easier to use.
>=20
> If you go up to the $320 reader, grab the coupon from =
>=20
>=20
>> I have a 2012 Ford F-150 that throws a code.  It's been to the dealer =
and repaired, then it threw the code again 5 months 3000 miles later.  =
The dealer had it for a week and reset it and couldn't find a fault.  =
Now, another 1500 miles and it's come back.
>>=20
>> N.B. Changing the battery also threw a code (the light went off after =
>>=20
>> I have a few suggestions to try and fix it, but I'm looking for =
something to read and reset the codes with.  I can get my FLAPS to read =
it, but they are reluctant to reset it sometimes.  I see readers on =
Amazon for $15 and up, but I'm willing to pay for a quality tool as long =
as it isn't stupid expensive.
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
http://autox.team.net/archive
>>=20
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>>=20
>=20
>=20
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
http://autox.team.net/archive
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_43B870A2-8D98-49E7-B22E-E78DD5295C49
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;"><div =
dir=3D"auto" style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: =
space; line-break: after-white-space;">I have an Innova 5610 which is a =
medium &nbsp;pricery scanner, but with cost comes greater capability. =
&nbsp;I bit the bullet and bought this scanner when I had mutable codes =
come up on my BMW Z4. &nbsp;The scanner picked up all the codes and =
allowed me to do the repairs myself. &nbsp;Since then the 5410 has =
identified codes and, once repaired, erase them. Innova also has =
excellent customer support by very knowledgeable techs. &nbsp;I=E2=80=99ve=
 saved the cost of the scanner a couple of times over at this point on =
repairs I was able to identify and repair. Also, Innova &nbsp;does =
periodic firmware updates. The Harbor freight Zurich 15s that Brian =
refers to looks suspiciously like the Innova 5610=E2=80=A6</div><div =
dir=3D"auto" style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: =
space; line-break: after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-tab-span" =
style=3D"white-space:pre">	</span>Best,</div><div dir=3D"auto" =
style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
line-break: after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-tab-span" =
style=3D"white-space:pre">	</span>Bob<br =
id=3D"lineBreakAtBeginningOfMessage"><div><br><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><div>On Feb 3, 2024, at 2:09=E2=80=AFPM, Brian Kemp =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div><meta charset=3D"UTF-8"><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;">As a basic scanner, I have an older version =
of this:</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"><a =
href=3D"https://www.harborfreight.com/obd-ii-code-reader-64981.html" =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">https://www.harborfreight.com/obd-ii-code-reader-64981.html</a><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;">Read and reset codes on several cars.&nbsp; =
Helped me understand (with internet research) if the code was something =
I could resolve or something the dealer needed to address.&nbsp; Paid =
about $35, similar to the above reader.&nbsp; You do have to drill down =
on menus because there are only two buttons.&nbsp; Pay $60 and you can =
get more buttons and a more detailed display so the reader is likely to =
be easier to use.</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;">If you =
go up to the $320 reader, grab the coupon from<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"https://www.harborfreight.com/coupons" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">https://www.harborfreight.com/coupons</a><span style=3D"caret-color:=
 rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;"><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>to save some =
money.</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none; float: none; display: inline !important;">Brian</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;">On 2/3/2024 9:08 AM, Jeff Scarbrough =
wrote:</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"><blockquote type=3D"cite" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;">I have a 2012 Ford F-150 that throws a =
code.&nbsp; It's been to the dealer and repaired, then it threw the code =
again 5 months 3000 miles later.&nbsp; The dealer had it for a week and =
reset it and couldn't find a fault.&nbsp; Now, another 1500 miles and =
it's come back.<br><br>N.B. Changing the battery also threw a code (the =
light went off after driving for a while, but it still shows on the =
scanner).<br><br>I have a few suggestions to try and fix it, but I'm =
looking for something to read and reset the codes with.&nbsp; I can get =
my FLAPS to read it, but they are reluctant to reset it sometimes.&nbsp; =
I see readers on Amazon for $15 and up, but I'm willing to pay for a =
quality tool as long as it isn't stupid expensive.<br><br>Any =
suggestions?<br><br>Jeff the S<br>Corrosion Acres, =
Ga.<br><br>_______________________________________________<br><br>Shop-tal=
[email-masked]<br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Suggested =
annual donation &nbsp;$12.96<br>Archive: =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
http://autox.team.net/archive<br><br>Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]=
">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><b=
r><br></blockquote><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none; float: none; display: inline =
!important;">_______________________________________________</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">[email-masked]</a><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline =
!important;">Donate:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline =
!important;">Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.96</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;">Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; =
letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;"><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, =
0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;"><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline =
!important;">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]=
et" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]=
</a></div></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_43B870A2-8D98-49E7-B22E-E78DD5295C49--

--===============0315353000863089554==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0315353000863089554==--

---

From: Jimmie Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 15:51:14 -0500

I bought a Bluetooth ODB-II dongle on Amazon for maybe $15 and then 
installed a couple apps on my phone before I settled on using Car 
Scanner ELM.

J

[email-masked]

---

From: Richard George <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 14:02:53 -0800

I've seen this recommended as a good unit (I actually bought one a 
little while ago, but I haven't had the time to try it yet):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00652G4TS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best,

rkg

(Richard George)

On 2/3/2024 9:08 AM, Jeff Scarbrough wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>

[email-masked]

---

From: Moose <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 17:19:35 -0500 02/03/2024 05:19:42 PM, Serialize complete at 02/03/2024 05:19:42 PM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============7563667952699753926==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 007AA51385258AB8_=

Not to hi-jack a thread, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions 
for an excellent scanner up to $500?

I have a few of the model specific ones, but I was wondering if there is 
something much better.

I know the Snap on and such get into the multi-thousands, and I am not 
interested in that.

TIA

Moose
--=_alternative 007AA51385258AB8_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Not to hi-jack a thread, but I was wondering
if anyone had any suggestions for an excellent scanner up to $500?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I have a few of the model specific ones,
but I was wondering if there is something much better.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I know the Snap on and such get into
the multi-thousands, and I am not interested in that.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">TIA</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Moose</font>
--=_alternative 007AA51385258AB8_=--

--===============7563667952699753926==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7563667952699753926==--

---

From: Pat Horne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 16:38:56 -0600

I picked up a low end scanner from FIXD. It’s basic, doesn’t do brake controllers but did well on several cars for engine stuff & resets the check engine error. They have them on sale quite often for under $20. It runs an app on your phone via Bluetooth. 
Peace, Pat

Pat Horne 
We support Habitat for Humanity

On Feb 3, 2024, at 11:36 AM, Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]> wrote:

I have a 2012 Ford F-150 that throws a code.  It's been to the dealer and repaired, then it threw the code again 5 months 3000 miles later.  The dealer had it for a week and reset it and couldn't find a fault.  Now, another 1500 miles and it's come back.

N.B. Changing the battery also threw a code (the light went off after driving for a while, but it still shows on the scanner).

I have a few suggestions to try and fix it, but I'm looking for something to read and reset the codes with.  I can get my FLAPS to read it, but they are reluctant to reset it sometimes.  I see readers on Amazon for $15 and up, but I'm willing to pay for a quality tool as long as it isn't stupid expensive.

Any suggestions?

Jeff the S
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: RandE <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 17:54:34 -0600

--===============6161409506362186352==

--000000000000fd7696061082f36b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have this Foxwell that I bought several years ago after a recommendation
on Grassroots Motorsports forum.  I bought it specifically because it can
diagnose ABS codes.  It also has free updates.  Plug it into your computer
and use the included software to install any available updates.
Since then I've bought other Foxwell products and been happy with them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CSMJJK9/ref=3Dppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_=
title?ie=3DUTF8&psc=3D1

Randy

On Sat, Feb 3, 2024 at 5:43=E2=80=AFPM Richard George <[email-masked]> wr=
ote:

> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00652G4TS/ref=3Dppx_yo_dt_b_search_asi=
n_title?ie=3DUTF8&psc=3D1
> > Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
> >
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

--000000000000fd7696061082f36b
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>I have this Foxwell that I bought several years ago a=
fter a recommendation on Grassroots Motorsports forum.=C2=A0 I bought it sp=
ecifically because it can diagnose ABS codes.=C2=A0 It also has free update=
s.=C2=A0 Plug it into your computer and use the included software to instal=
l any available updates.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><div>Since then I&#39;ve bought o=
ther Foxwell products and been happy with them.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><div><br><=
/div><a href=3D"https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CSMJJK9/ref=3Dppx_yo_d=
t_b_search_asin_title?ie=3DUTF8&amp;psc=3D1">https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod=
uct/B07CSMJJK9/ref=3Dppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=3DUTF8&amp;psc=3D1</a=
><br><div><br></div><div>Randy</div><div><br></div></div><br><div class=3D"=
gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Feb 3, 2024 at 5=
:43=E2=80=AFPM Richard George &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">rkg@t=
eleport.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding=
-left:1ex">I&#39;ve seen this recommended as a good unit (I actually bought=
 one a <br>
little while ago, but I haven&#39;t had the time to try it yet):<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00652G4TS/ref=3Dppx_yo_dt_b_s=
earch_asin_title?ie=3DUTF8&amp;psc=3D1" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank=
">https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00652G4TS/ref=3Dppx_yo_dt_b_search_asi=
n_title?ie=3DUTF8&amp;psc=3D1</a><br>
<br>
Best,<br>
<br>
rkg<br>
<br>
(Richard George)<br>
<br>
On 2/3/2024 9:08 AM, Jeff Scarbrough wrote:<br>
&gt; I have a 2012 Ford F-150 that throws a code.=C2=A0 It&#39;s been to th=
e dealer <br>
&gt; and repaired, then it threw the code again 5 months 3000 miles later.=
=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; The dealer had it for a week and reset it and couldn&#39;t find a faul=
t.=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; Now, another 1500 miles and it&#39;s come back.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; N.B. Changing the battery also threw a code (the light went off after =
<br>
&gt; driving for a while, but it still shows on the scanner).<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I have a few suggestions to try and fix it, but I&#39;m looking for <b=
r>
&gt; something to read and reset the codes with.=C2=A0 I can get my FLAPS t=
o <br>
&gt; read it, but they are reluctant to reset it sometimes.=C2=A0 I see rea=
ders <br>
&gt; on Amazon for $15 and up, but I&#39;m willing to pay for a quality too=
l as <br>
&gt; long as it isn&#39;t stupid expensive.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Any suggestions?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Jeff the S<br>
&gt; Corrosion Acres, Ga.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; _______________________________________________<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Shop-tal=
[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" rel=3D"noreferrer"=
 target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Suggested annual donation=C2=A0 $12.96<br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"no=
referrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank"=
>http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/s=
hop-talk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
&gt;<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Shop-talk@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000fd7696061082f36b--

--===============6161409506362186352==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6161409506362186352==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]> vUuFeLy+QLi7Z01oWH6FXLKVvM4hGbBKl2LRShfkNFzqIsVn5TriJ8PqTGojxsialA/JOODWM6S6Blcx2vLM8FDT0BG5XG8MBOA=
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2024 19:10:08 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============9026623034668154204==
 boundary="------------YJ33soCmdit08P0wvKZLa7HS"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------YJ33soCmdit08P0wvKZLa7HS
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Another option, popular with the young'ns--is FORScan (pronounced 
'foreskin' or so I'm told). It's a Windows app suitable for a laptop and 
pretty comprehensive.  S/W is free/shareware, but a license opens doors. 
It's written by Russians, I believe (so far my laptop hasn't tried to 
invade my neighbors). I bought it to diagnose a no-start on my Lincoln, 
which ended-up being caused by a dead fuel pump, which didn't throw a 
code (you'd think it would have thrown 'low fuel pressure,' but I got it 
by process of elimination) . It can modify some pretty obscure 
parameters. You need a dongle, of course, this one is recommended:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VQVD3F/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A1C2436WDJ39HA&psc=1

On 2/3/2024 2:38 PM, Pat Horne wrote:
> On Feb 3, 2024, at 11:36 AM, Jeff Scarbrough<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>
> 
--------------YJ33soCmdit08P0wvKZLa7HS
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Another option, popular with the young'ns--is FORScan (pronounced
    'foreskin' or so I'm told). It's a Windows app suitable for a laptop
    and pretty comprehensive.  S/W is free/shareware, but a license
    opens doors. It's written by Russians, I believe (so far my laptop
    hasn't tried to invade my neighbors). I bought it to diagnose a
    no-start on my Lincoln, which ended-up being caused by a dead fuel
    pump, which didn't throw a code (you'd think it would have thrown
    'low fuel pressure,' but I got it by process of elimination) . It
    can modify some pretty obscure parameters. You need a dongle, of
    course, this one is recommended:<br>
    <br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VQVD3F/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A1C2436WDJ39HA&amp;psc=1">https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VQVD3F/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A1C2436WDJ39HA&amp;psc=1</a><br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 2/3/2024 2:38 PM, Pat Horne wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">I picked up a low end scanner from FIXD. It’s basic, doesn’t do brake controllers but did well on several cars for engine stuff &amp; resets the check engine error. They have them on sale quite often for under $20. It runs an app on your phone via Bluetooth. 
Peace, Pat

Pat Horne 

On Feb 3, 2024, at 11:36 AM, Jeff Scarbrough <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> wrote:

Any suggestions?

Jeff the S
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------YJ33soCmdit08P0wvKZLa7HS--

--===============9026623034668154204==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============9026623034668154204==--