Subject: [Shop-talk] Compressor Oil

From: Moose <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 09:51:37 -0500 01/05/2024 09:51:44 AM, Serialize complete at 01/05/2024 09:51:44 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============8137204222832352302==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0051A18E85258A9B_=

I have a nice Eaton compressor (7.5HP) that has been flawless since I got 
it (not, the first one I got had a bad weld, but they replaced it, free, 
right away.)

Anyway.  I maybe let the oil go a little too long between changes, but 
when I went to change it this time, the oil was filled with sludge.

I use the Eaton oil, and the compressor is not overworked ever.  It was a 
pain to clean it out.
In the manual, it says I can't use automotive oil (and I can understand 
that.) but it just has a Eaton part # for their oil.  No alternatives or 
specs

The problem is that ordering the oil from them is a pain (you have to fill 
out a form. Then wait for them to send an invoice a few days later, then 
pay the invoice and wait for them to ship it.)

Don't get me wrong, I think they are a great company, but I wanted to find 
out if  can get the same (or better) oil from a place that is a little 
easier to deal with.  Ideally, I would love to find the correct oil on 
Amazon and set up a 'reoccurring delivery' for every 6 months so it 
reminds me to change the oil.

OR, is their an oil that doesn't turn to sludge and is easy to change?

Again, overall, I am not looking for a cheaper oil, just one that is 
easier to get and or better.

Thanks!

Moose
--=_alternative 0051A18E85258A9B_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">I have a nice Eaton compressor (7.5HP)
that has been flawless since I got it (not, the first one I got had a bad
weld, but they replaced it, free, right away.)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Anyway. &nbsp;I maybe let the oil go
a little too long between changes, but when I went to change it this time,
the oil was filled with sludge.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I use the Eaton oil, and the compressor
is not overworked ever. &nbsp;It was a pain to clean it out.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">In the manual, it says I can't use automotive
oil (and I can understand that.) but it just has a Eaton part # for their
oil. &nbsp;No alternatives or specs</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">The problem is that ordering the oil
from them is a pain (you have to fill out a form. Then wait for them to
send an invoice a few days later, then pay the invoice and wait for them
to ship it.)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Don't get me wrong, I think they are
a great company, but I wanted to find out if &nbsp;can get the same (or
better) oil from a place that is a little easier to deal with. &nbsp;Ideally,
I would love to find the correct oil on Amazon and set up a 'reoccurring
delivery' for every 6 months so it reminds me to change the oil.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">OR, is their an oil that doesn't turn
to sludge and is easy to change?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Again, overall, I am not looking for
a cheaper oil, just one that is easier to get and or better.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Moose</font>
--=_alternative 0051A18E85258A9B_=--

--===============8137204222832352302==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============8137204222832352302==--