Subject: [Shop-talk] SK breaker bar Saga (the final update)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 17:08:34 -0500 01/04/2024 05:08:40 PM, Serialize complete at 01/04/2024 05:08:40 PM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7725473028465266738==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--=_alternative 0079A2A985258A9A_=

Well, in Oct, my SK breaker bar broke. 
I couldn't find any phone numbers or anything, just a website to fill out 
some info.

After putting in a claim for the "breaker bar repair kit", I waited almost 
a month, nothing.  Then I posted here and others expressed their 
dissatisfaction with SK as well.

I finally found an email and sent them one asking if they received my 
claim.  They stated that they did not have it.

I resubmitted it, waited 2 days and emailed again.  Again, they said they 
didn't have it.

Then about a day later, they sent me an email stated they DID have it, but 
they didn't see it because the email address (I have no idea what that 
meant.)

But they also said that I would have to send them the broken tool in for a 
replacement, since the kit wasn't available.

So I spend about $12 sending it in (with all the postal tracking and 
such.)

About 2 weeks AFTER I confirmed they received it, I sent another email. 
Nothing.

Then, I get an invoice for the shipping of the new tool to me for $8 about 
4 days later.  I pay it within an hour of getting it.

About a week later, I get a message saying they received my payment and 
will be shipping out the replacement.  Now, this was about mid Dec.  So I 
hoped they would get it in the mail sooner before the holidays.

Nope, they waited until the new year to ship it.  Since the place is only 
about 4 hours away from me in PA, it only took 2 days to get it.  So I now 
have my new SK breaker bar.

Note, in all my emails to them I expressed how much I loved SK tools, and 
how I relied on my breaker bar and how I would have to buy a cheap one to 
use in the meantime if it was going to take a while to replace.

In the end, I am not at all happy.  American tool companies used to be 
worth the extra price.  However, I know that if I had a cheap Home Depot 
Rigid one and walked into a store with it broken, I would walk out with a 
new one.

The other thing is that I had to pay the shipping BOTH WAYS.  Really?  If 
they didn't like the photos I sent, they could have paid for the shipping 
one way at least!  I mean, $20 isn't going to break me, but it is a drop 
in the bucket for a company that charges a MAJOR premium for tools.  And 
to have me without a tool for over 3 months!  I mean if I was making my 
living with their tools, I would have been starving.

I will NO LONGER buy SK tools.    I hope they are happy.  If any of them 
break, I'm headed to a local Lowes and replacing them with their house 
brands (they used to do that in the past at least.)

Anyway, just wanted to let all of you know what happened with the bar.

Moose

--=_alternative 0079A2A985258A9A_=

<span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Well, in Oct, my
SK breaker bar broke. &nbsp;</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">I couldn't find
any phone numbers or anything, just a website to fill out some info.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">After putting
in a claim for the &quot;breaker bar repair kit&quot;, I waited almost
a month, nothing. &nbsp;Then I posted here and others expressed their dissatisfaction
with SK as well.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">I finally found
an email and sent them one asking if they received my claim. &nbsp;They
stated that they did not have it.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">I resubmitted
it, waited 2 days and emailed again. &nbsp;Again, they said they didn't
have it.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Then about a day
later, they sent me an email stated they DID have it, but they didn't see
it because the email address (I have no idea what that meant.)</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">But they also
said that I would have to send them the broken tool in for a replacement,
since the kit wasn't available.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">So I spend about
$12 sending it in (with all the postal tracking and such.)</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">About 2 weeks
AFTER I confirmed they received it, I sent another email. &nbsp;Nothing.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Then, I get an
invoice for the shipping of the new tool to me for $8 about 4 days later.
&nbsp;I pay it within an hour of getting it.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">About a week later,
I get a message saying they received my payment and will be shipping out
the replacement. &nbsp;Now, this was about mid Dec. &nbsp;So I hoped they
would get it in the mail sooner before the holidays.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Nope, they waited
until the new year to ship it. &nbsp;Since the place is only about 4 hours
away from me in PA, it only took 2 days to get it. &nbsp;So I now have
my new SK breaker bar.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Note, in all my
emails to them I expressed how much I loved SK tools, and how I relied
on my breaker bar and how I would have to buy a cheap one to use in the
meantime if it was going to take a while to replace.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">In the end, I
am not at all happy. &nbsp;American tool companies used to be worth the
extra price. &nbsp;However, I know that if I had a cheap Home Depot Rigid
one and walked into a store with it broken, I would walk out with a new
one.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">The other thing
is that I had to pay the shipping BOTH WAYS. &nbsp;Really? &nbsp;If they
didn't like the photos I sent, they could have paid for the shipping one
way at least! &nbsp;I mean, $20 isn't going to break me, but it is a drop
in the bucket for a company that charges a MAJOR premium for tools. &nbsp;And
to have me without a tool for over 3 months! &nbsp;I mean if I was making
my living with their tools, I would have been starving.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">I will NO LONGER
buy SK tools. &nbsp; &nbsp;I hope they are happy. &nbsp;If any of them
break, I'm headed to a local Lowes and replacing them with their house
brands (they used to do that in the past at least.)</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Anyway, just wanted
to let all of you know what happened with the bar.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Moose</span>

--=_alternative 0079A2A985258A9A_=--

--===============7725473028465266738==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============7725473028465266738==--