Subject: [Shop-talk] Air drill trigger sticking

From: Gene Abbondelo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:19:19 -0500

--===============7593068967567679377==

--000000000000c37ea8060ec130c8

I have an old Ingersoll Rand 1/4 chuck air drill that runs well but now
won't shut off after releasing the trigger.  I've disassembled it to clean
it out and hope that that will fix the problem,  Anyone have luck with
doing this or is this problem unrepairable? I suspect parts are
unobtainable and the model number is obliterated on the handle label.
Also, on reassembly, do the ball bearings get greased or just oiled with
air tool oil?

I'm very attached to this drill and would like to keep it going. Thanks,
Gene

--000000000000c37ea8060ec130c8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I have an old Ingersoll Rand 1/4 chuck air drill that runs=
 well but now won&#39;t shut off after releasing the trigger.=C2=A0 I&#39;v=
e disassembled it to clean it out and hope that that will fix the problem,=
=C2=A0 Anyone have luck with doing this or is this problem unrepairable? I =
suspect parts are unobtainable and the model number is obliterated on the h=
andle label.<div>Also, on reassembly, do the ball bearings get greased or j=
ust oiled with air tool oil?</div><div><br></div><div>I&#39;m very attached=
 to this drill and would like to keep it going. Thanks, Gene=C2=A0</div></d=
iv>

--000000000000c37ea8060ec130c8--

--===============7593068967567679377==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============7593068967567679377==--