Subject: [Shop-talk] Anyone need a ridiculously large hose reel?

From: Mark Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 16:04:00 -0700

I'm trying to make some space in my garage and decided it is time to 
rehome a hose reel I bought at an auction without knowing how big it was 
until I picked it up.  I thought it was a good wall mountable garage 
type hose reel but it is very large and looks like it would be better 
suited on the back of a propane delivery truck.  Brand new, made by Cox 
Reels. 1125-4-450-ED  Specs at: 
https://www.coxreels.com/1125-series_8_15.html#product_67

Reel is 18" diameter with a 6" core, 25" long.  It has a 12V 53A 
explosion proof motor to reel it in, 1/2" NPT fittings. Overall size is 
roughly 20" x 40" x 20" and is bolted to a 21"x42" board for shipping.

Probably a grand or so to go and buy; I paid about $50.  Come and take 
it or we can discuss arranging shipping. If you are feeling generous 
maybe give me a little one I can actually use, or even my $50. Or not.  
It and I am in Santa Rosa, Ca.

Regards,

Mark Miller   707-490-5834

[email-masked]

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

---

From: Jimmie Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 20:30:08 -0400

Jeez.  A hose reel with a motor rated at close to 1hp.  I assume it's 
geared also so that guy definitely demands some respect when engaged...

On 10/18/23 19:04, Mark Miller wrote:
> rehome a hose reel I bought at an auction without knowing how big it 
> was until I picked it up.  I thought it was a good wall mountable 
> garage type hose reel but it is very large and looks like it would be 
> better suited on the back of a propane delivery truck.  Brand new, 
> made by Cox Reels. 1125-4-450-ED  Specs at: 
> explosion proof motor to reel it in, 1/2" NPT fittings. Overall size 
> is roughly 20" x 40" x 20" and is bolted to a 21"x42" board for shipping.
>
> maybe give me a little one I can actually use, or even my $50. Or 
> not.  It and I am in Santa Rosa, Ca.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark Miller   707-490-5834
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>

[email-masked]