Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Cutting canvas rolls?

From: Tom Coradeschi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 20:28:14 -0400

Actually, it is an admin configurable setting in mailman. The conventional wisdom (not universally accepted) is to turn it off. 

Tom Coradeschi
[email-masked]

> On Jun 18, 2023, at 12:01 PM, Mark Bradakis <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> On 6/18/23 8:39 AM, Jim Franklin wrote:
> 
>> I do wish the list admins would change the default reply-to to be the list rather than the individual. To me that's much more in keeping with the spirit of the list.
>> 
> There is no "default reply-to" for the lists.  That behavior is totally dependent on the mail reading program the recipients use.  It depends on your mail program.  For me, I use Thunderbird, which gives me the option to reply to the sender or reply to the list.
> 
> mjb.
> 
> <Screenshot from 2023-06-18 09-21-56.png>
> _______________________________________________
> 
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
> 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Franklin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 21:05:51 -0400

--===============2137229645702325494==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_C82413E7-7650-407A-8857-23667754CF73"

--Apple-Mail=_C82413E7-7650-407A-8857-23667754CF73
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

I have been on lists (like this) where we're civil and low volume, so =
reply-to list was fine. And I have been on lists where otherwise mature =
adults just could not stop themselves from publicly insulting those with =
whom they disagreed, so we had to make them work for it by setting the =
reply-to to be the sender.

Relatedly, the same maker space that has the canvas rolls also has a few =
3D printers, and I've printed quite a few things, both from scratch =
using Tinkercad, and from existing internet files from Thingaverse. It's =
been a neat thing to learn and not even remotely as intimidating as I =
expected. I have not figured out how to 3D print a canvas roll cutter =
though :-)

jim

 =20

> On Jun 19, 2023, at 8:28 PM, Tom Coradeschi <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> Actually, it is an admin configurable setting in mailman. The =
conventional wisdom (not universally accepted) is to turn it off.=20
>=20
>=20

--Apple-Mail=_C82413E7-7650-407A-8857-23667754CF73
	type="text/html";
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_1C9EDB0C-8DE7-4504-8704-F41F349C034A"

--Apple-Mail=_1C9EDB0C-8DE7-4504-8704-F41F349C034A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">I =
have been on lists (like this) where we're civil and low volume, so =
reply-to list was fine. And I have been on lists where otherwise mature =
adults just could not stop themselves from publicly insulting those with =
whom they disagreed, so we had to make them work for it by setting the =
reply-to to be the sender.<div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
class=3D"">Relatedly, the same maker space that has the canvas rolls =
also has a few 3D printers, and I've printed quite a few things, both =
from scratch using Tinkercad, and from existing internet files from =
Thingaverse. It's been a neat thing to learn and not even remotely as =
intimidating as I expected. I have not figured out how to 3D print a =
canvas roll cutter though :-)<br class=3D""><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">jim</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D""><img apple-inline=3D"yes" =
id=3D"157671A1-880E-430A-9FBA-A3239FD9655D" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">&nbsp;<img apple-inline=3D"yes" =
id=3D"A5967875-2E34-4383-82ED-37D0F0106EB8" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">&nbsp;<img apple-inline=3D"yes" =
id=3D"7E49E32C-40EF-49C9-AD74-6D2541E40CD1" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]" =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><div><br class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" =
class=3D""><div class=3D"">On Jun 19, 2023, at 8:28 PM, Tom Coradeschi =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">Actually, it is an admin configurable setting in mailman. The =
conventional wisdom (not universally accepted) is to turn it off. <br =
class=3D""><br class=3D"">Tom Coradeschi<br class=3D""><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br =
class=3D""><br class=3D""></div></div></blockquote></div><br =
class=3D""></div></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_1C9EDB0C-8DE7-4504-8704-F41F349C034A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=70760700139__E852593C-B474-4AF9-B495-CB509AD31353.jpg
	x-unix-mode=0644;
	name="70760700139__E852593C-B474-4AF9-B495-CB509AD31353.jpg"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail=_1C9EDB0C-8DE7-4504-8704-F41F349C034A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=IMG_6900.jpg
	x-unix-mode=0644;
	name="IMG_6900.jpg"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail=_1C9EDB0C-8DE7-4504-8704-F41F349C034A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename=70862187184__5F87EBC6-D13E-4DDC-B526-5A2F16EE0609.jpg
	x-unix-mode=0644;
	name="70862187184__5F87EBC6-D13E-4DDC-B526-5A2F16EE0609.jpg"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail=_1C9EDB0C-8DE7-4504-8704-F41F349C034A--

--Apple-Mail=_C82413E7-7650-407A-8857-23667754CF73--

--===============2137229645702325494==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2137229645702325494==--