Subject: [Shop-talk] gear vs bar oil

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 16:23:52 -0400 05/28/2023 04:24:00 PM, Serialize complete at 05/28/2023 04:24:00 PM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5384921777160094981==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--=_alternative 00700D41852589BD_=

OK great minds of the internets, quick question...

I use a lot of bar oil since I cut trees.

I have lots of different gear oils that I will most likely not need.  In 
many cases, I needed a few ounces and had to buy a gallon of it.

My question is, can I 'mix' some of the gear oil in with the bar oil?  If 
so, what would be a max ratio?  I want to use up the gear oil and get rid 
of these huge containers, but I figure this would be a good way.

Any other places I can mix it?  I don't think I would try it in hydraulic 
fluid.

So, what's the collective wisdom say here?

Thanks.

Moose

--=_alternative 00700D41852589BD_=

<span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">OK great minds of
the internets, quick question...</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">I use a lot of
bar oil since I cut trees.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">I have lots of
different gear oils that I will most likely not need. &nbsp;In many cases,
I needed a few ounces and had to buy a gallon of it.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">My question is,
can I 'mix' some of the gear oil in with the bar oil? &nbsp;If so, what
would be a max ratio? &nbsp;I want to use up the gear oil and get rid of
these huge containers, but I figure this would be a good way.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Any other places
I can mix it? &nbsp;I don't think I would try it in hydraulic fluid.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">So, what's the
collective wisdom say here?</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Thanks.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Moose</span>

--=_alternative 00700D41852589BD_=--

--===============5384921777160094981==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============5384921777160094981==--