Subject: [Shop-talk] Wiper delay fix

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 12:16:46 -0500 02/10/2023 12:16:53 PM, Serialize complete at 02/10/2023 12:16:53 PM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============5344620683113834006==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 005EEB8685258952_=

Friends,

Just a follow up on my jeep wiper delay issue.

I took the wiper 'whisker' (or stalk) off and took it apart (which was an 
ordeal itself).  The dial that sets the delay was a microchip, but I 
cleaned the variable resistor contacts.
That did nothing.  I purchased a new whisker and put it in. That fixed the 
problem.  It was clearly in the resistor/microchip part that was causing 
the issue.

I'm guessing part of the contact for the resistor might have been worn so 
it couldn't make complete contact.

If anyone has any ideas of 'experiments' to try on it, let me know.  I 
have the old one on the 'wall of shame' in the garage.

Thanks again for everyone that gave suggestions.

Moose
--=_alternative 005EEB8685258952_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Friends,</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Just a follow up on my jeep wiper delay
issue.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I took the wiper 'whisker' (or stalk)
off and took it apart (which was an ordeal itself). &nbsp;The dial that
sets the delay was a microchip, but I cleaned the variable resistor contacts.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">That did nothing. &nbsp;I purchased
a new whisker and put it in. That fixed the problem. &nbsp;It was clearly
in the resistor/microchip part that was causing the issue.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I'm guessing part of the contact for
the resistor might have been worn so it couldn't make complete contact.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">If anyone has any ideas of 'experiments'
to try on it, let me know. &nbsp;I have the old one on the 'wall of shame'
in the garage.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Thanks again for everyone that gave suggestions.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Moose</font>
--=_alternative 005EEB8685258952_=--

--===============5344620683113834006==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============5344620683113834006==--

---

From: "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]> mail.megageek.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 18:32:24 -0500

--===============8334637022986644575==
	boundary="=====================_33725809==.ALT"

--=====================_33725809==.ALT

At 12:16 PM 2/10/2023, [email-masked] wrote:

 >I took the wiper 'whisker' (or stalk) off and took it apart (which 
was an ordeal itself).  The
 >dial that sets the delay was a microchip, but I cleaned the 
variable resistor contacts.
 >That did nothing.  I purchased a new whisker and put it in. That 
fixed the problem.  It was
 >clearly in the resistor/microchip part that was causing the issue.

Moose,

Congradulations!!!

JohnT

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  [email-masked]
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

           48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
      75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    http://autox.team.net/morgan/

Bricklin:     http://www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

-- 
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

--=====================_33725809==.ALT

<html>
<body>
<font size=3>At 12:16 PM 2/10/2023, [email-masked] wrote:<br><br>
&gt;</font><font size=2>Just a follow up on my jeep wiper delay
issue.</font><font size=3> <br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;</font><font size=2>I took the wiper 'whisker' (or stalk) off and
took it apart (which was an ordeal itself).&nbsp; The <br>
</font><font size=3>&gt;</font><font size=2>dial that sets the delay was
a microchip, but I cleaned the variable resistor
contacts.</font><font size=3> <br>
&gt;</font><font size=2>That did nothing.&nbsp; I purchased a new whisker
and put it in. That fixed the problem.&nbsp; It was <br>
</font><font size=3>&gt;</font><font size=2>clearly in the
resistor/microchip part that was causing the issue.</font><font size=3>
<br><br>
Moose,<br><br>
Congradulations!!!<br><br>
JohnT<br><br>
</font><div id="DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><br />
<table style="border-top: 1px solid #D3D4DE;">
	<tr>
        <td style="width: 55px; padding-top: 13px;"><a href="https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon" target="_blank"><img src="https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif" alt="" width="46" height="29" style="width: 46px; height: 29px;" /></a></td>
		<td style="width: 470px; padding-top: 12px; color: #41424e; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18px;">Virus-free. <a href="https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link" target="_blank" style="color: #4453ea;">www.avast.com</a>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table><a href="#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width="1" height="1"> </a></div></body>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<div>John T. Blair&nbsp; WA4OHZ&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; email:&nbsp;
[email-masked]</div>
<div>Va. Beach,
Va&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Phone:&nbsp; (757) 495-8229</div>
<br>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 48
TR1800&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 48 #4 Midget&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 65 Morgan 4/4
Series V (B1106)</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
77 Spitfire&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 71 Saab Sonett III</div>
<div>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
65 Rambler Classic</div>
<br>
<div>Morgan:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<a href="http://autox.team.net/morgan/" EUDORA=AUTOURL>
http://autox.team.net/morgan/</a></div>
<br>
<div>Bricklin:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<a href="http://www.bricklin.org/" EUDORA=AUTOURL>
http://www.bricklin.org</a></div>
<br>
<div>If you can read
this&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
- Thank a teacher!</div>
<div>If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!</div>
<br>
<div> From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; e pluribus Unum, &quot;from many,
one.&quot;</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In God We Trust</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Liberty - the&nbsp; power&nbsp; of&nbsp;
choosing,&nbsp; thinking,&nbsp; and&nbsp; acting&nbsp; for&nbsp; </div>
<div>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
oneself; freedom&nbsp; from&nbsp; control&nbsp; or&nbsp;
restriction&nbsp; </div>
<br>
<br>
</html>

--=====================_33725809==.ALT--

--===============8334637022986644575==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8334637022986644575==--