Subject: [Shop-talk] Perfect "Granny" find

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 11:26:23 -0500 02/12/2023 11:26:30 AM, Serialize complete at 02/12/2023 11:26:30 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6184740074792044551==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--=_alternative 005A4F2385258954_=

You always hear stories about the low milage cars that a grandma owned and 
never drove.  Well, I stumbled into one.

Now, it's not a LBC, so don't get too excited.  But I got it at a rock 
bottom price and intent to clean and sell.

The vehicle is a 2017 Land Rover Discovery with only 7000 miles on it 
(that's right, 7K!)

I think I can almost triple my money (I paid full asking price, and I have 
to get it out of the driveway, which was no small feat!)

I was worried about the typical mouse damage, but I found the car through 
a local cat rescue that has trapped, fixed, and adopted out over 30 cats 
from the property and there are still more there.  So I don't think a 
mouse ever got CLOSE to this car.

It was outside, so the exterior needs a deep cleaning, but the inside is 
SHOWROOM!  So far, a cursory cleaning and it is almost brand new looking 
all the way around. 

Of course the cats got under the hood and ripped up the firewall 
insulation and made a mess, but no problems with wires or anything.

My question are...
1- of course the rotor and brakes are pretty surface rusted.  I got the 
car driving and the brakes work, but is it worth it to replace the pads 
(that are nearly brand new) and rotors?  Or can I do something different?

Can I just remove and lightly sand all surfaces (pads and rotors?)

2-Of course I'm going through this with a fine comb, but is there anything 
else I should look out for?  I'm doing filters and fluids.  I already 
installed the new battery.

3- Is there a way to 'temporary' insure and registrar a vehicle to just 
move it to a car wash and gas station?  Something like dealer plates, but 
for a limit, one time use?

Finally, anyone in the market for a cherry 2017 Discovery (White)  8>)

Moose

--=_alternative 005A4F2385258954_=

<span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">You always hear stories
about the low milage cars that a grandma owned and never drove. &nbsp;Well,
I stumbled into one.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Now, it's not
a LBC, so don't get too excited. &nbsp;But I got it at a rock bottom price
and intent to clean and sell.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">The vehicle is
a 2017 Land Rover Discovery with only 7000 miles on it &nbsp;(that's right,
7K!)</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">I think I can
almost triple my money (I paid full asking price, and I have to get it
out of the driveway, which was no small feat!)</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">I was worried
about the typical mouse damage, but I found the car through a local cat
rescue that has trapped, fixed, and adopted out over 30 cats from the property
and there are still more there. &nbsp;So I don't think a mouse ever got
CLOSE to this car.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">It was outside,
so the exterior needs a deep cleaning, but the inside is SHOWROOM! &nbsp;So
far, a cursory cleaning and it is almost brand new looking all the way
around. </span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Of course the
cats got under the hood and ripped up the firewall insulation and made
a mess, but no problems with wires or anything.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">My question are...</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">1- of course the
rotor and brakes are pretty surface rusted. &nbsp;I got the car driving
and the brakes work, but is it worth it to replace the pads (that are nearly
brand new) and rotors? &nbsp;Or can I do something different?</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Can I just remove
and lightly sand all surfaces (pads and rotors?)</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">2-Of course I'm
going through this with a fine comb, but is there anything else I should
look out for? &nbsp;I'm doing filters and fluids. &nbsp;I already installed
the new battery.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">3- Is there a
way to 'temporary' insure and registrar a vehicle to just move it to a
car wash and gas station? &nbsp;Something like dealer plates, but for a
limit, one time use?</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Finally, anyone
in the market for a cherry 2017 Discovery (White) &nbsp;8&gt;)</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Moose</span>

--=_alternative 005A4F2385258954_=--

--===============6184740074792044551==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============6184740074792044551==--