Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] work light

From: "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]> UoOtr24mG/sjOHq7xgKMZCbFvOUfC+MaFPlxf+9cb619r/D9mVlucSZX/bjSSa9dMV8kIXrGpMZE0sO2o8eO4DEbT18rvb7U4Sc=
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 09:49:51 -0500

--===============8923955600374063125==
	boundary="=====================_2230627==.ALT"

--=====================_2230627==.ALT

At 11:10 PM 2/17/2023, Steven Trovato wrote:

A P.S. to the head lights, but this pertains to any of the battery 
items.  As I said,
I've got several of the Costco one.  One is each of my tool bags, one in each
major tool box, and several laying around the house.

I hate it when I need a battery tool and the battery has leaked and 
messed up the
inside.  So I've gotten to where I keep most of my items that are 
powered by small AAA, AA, etc. in 1 gal freezer bags and keep the 
batteries in a sandwich
zip log bag and put it in with the item.  Yes, it's a pain to take 
the batteries out
when you're done, and put then in when you want to use them, but it 
beats having
  the battery leak into your item and having to through it away.

Many of the new Li based batteries dont seem as bad, but I really 
don't like too many battery operated items.  Ususally when I need 
them the battery is dead,
even when I have 2 batteries for them.  In fact, I think I only have 
2 cordless
tools and both are drills, my over 20yr old Makita 9V and a Kawasaki 18V.

It's supprising how you can go quite sometime between uses of some of 
your tools, like a stud finder.  So I keep that in a zip lock bag 
with out the batteries, my
tapeless tape measue, etc.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  [email-masked]
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

           48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
      75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    http://autox.team.net/morgan/

Bricklin:     http://www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

-- 
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

--=====================_2230627==.ALT

<html>
<body>
<font size=3><br>
At 11:10 PM 2/17/2023, Steven Trovato wrote:<br><br>
A P.S. to the head lights, but this pertains to any of the battery
items.&nbsp; As I said,<br>
I've got several of the Costco one.&nbsp; One is each of my tool bags,
one in each <br>
major tool box, and several laying around the house.&nbsp; <br><br>
I hate it when I need a battery tool and the battery has leaked and
messed up the<br>
inside.&nbsp; So I've gotten to where I keep most of my items that are
powered by small AAA, AA, etc. in 1 gal freezer bags and keep the
batteries in a sandwich <br>
zip log bag and put it in with the item.&nbsp; Yes, it's a pain to take
the batteries out <br>
when you're done, and put then in when you want to use them, but it beats
having<br>
&nbsp;the battery leak into your item and having to through it
away.<br><br>
Many of the new Li based batteries dont seem as bad, but I really don't
like too many battery operated items.&nbsp; Ususally when I need them the
battery is dead, <br>
even when I have 2 batteries for them.&nbsp; In fact, I think I only have
2 cordless <br>
tools and both are drills, my over 20yr old Makita 9V and a Kawasaki
18V.<br><br>
It's supprising how you can go quite sometime between uses of some of
your tools, like a stud finder.&nbsp; So I keep that in a zip lock bag
with out the batteries, my<br>
tapeless tape measue, etc.&nbsp; <br><br>
John<br><br>
</font><div id="DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><br />
<table style="border-top: 1px solid #D3D4DE;">
	<tr>
        <td style="width: 55px; padding-top: 13px;"><a href="https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon" target="_blank"><img src="https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif" alt="" width="46" height="29" style="width: 46px; height: 29px;" /></a></td>
		<td style="width: 470px; padding-top: 12px; color: #41424e; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18px;">Virus-free. <a href="https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link" target="_blank" style="color: #4453ea;">www.avast.com</a>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table><a href="#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width="1" height="1"> </a></div></body>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<div>John T. Blair&nbsp; WA4OHZ&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; email:&nbsp;
[email-masked]</div>
<div>Va. Beach,
Va&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Phone:&nbsp; (757) 495-8229</div>
<br>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 48
TR1800&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 48 #4 Midget&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 65 Morgan 4/4
Series V (B1106)</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
77 Spitfire&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 71 Saab Sonett III</div>
<div>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
65 Rambler Classic</div>
<br>
<div>Morgan:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<a href="http://autox.team.net/morgan/" EUDORA=AUTOURL>
http://autox.team.net/morgan/</a></div>
<br>
<div>Bricklin:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<a href="http://www.bricklin.org/" EUDORA=AUTOURL>
http://www.bricklin.org</a></div>
<br>
<div>If you can read
this&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
- Thank a teacher!</div>
<div>If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!</div>
<br>
<div> From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; e pluribus Unum, &quot;from many,
one.&quot;</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In God We Trust</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Liberty - the&nbsp; power&nbsp; of&nbsp;
choosing,&nbsp; thinking,&nbsp; and&nbsp; acting&nbsp; for&nbsp; </div>
<div>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
oneself; freedom&nbsp; from&nbsp; control&nbsp; or&nbsp;
restriction&nbsp; </div>
<br>
<br>
</html>

--=====================_2230627==.ALT--

--===============8923955600374063125==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============8923955600374063125==--