Subject: [Shop-talk] Video editing help

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 07:02:57 -0500 11/20/2022 07:03:04 AM, Serialize complete at 11/20/2022 07:03:04 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============3328398642627632900==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0042305B85258900_=

I know this isn't 100% shop talk related, but stick with me.

I am an instructor in the Army and I often have to use clips from movies 
and other video training aids.

Problem is, many of these 2 or 3 minute clips are embedding in 1 or 2 hour 
videos.  Meaning I spend lots of time finding the actually beginning of a 
clip and such.

Also, now that we are doing more virtual training, I would love to be able 
to send out the videos so students can watch them locally, but I can't 
send 1 gig files.

I am looking for a video editor that can 'crop' videos files.  These are 
often compressed files (.mp4) so I understand that I may have to have some 
'extra' footage that the beginning, and that is fine.

But what I see is often I have to wait for the entire play length to save 
the cropped file. 

Is there an editor out that that can quickly and easily crop video files? 
Bonus if it's free.

Thanks!

Moose
--=_alternative 0042305B85258900_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">I know this isn't 100% shop talk related,
but stick with me.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I am an instructor in the Army and I
often have to use clips from movies and other video training aids.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Problem is, many of these 2 or 3 minute
clips are embedding in 1 or 2 hour videos. &nbsp;Meaning I spend lots of
time finding the actually beginning of a clip and such.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Also, now that we are doing more virtual
training, I would love to be able to send out the videos so students can
watch them locally, but I can't send 1 gig files.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I am looking for a video editor that
can 'crop' videos files. &nbsp;These are often compressed files (.mp4)
so I understand that I may have to have some 'extra' footage that the beginning,
and that is fine.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">But what I see is often I have to wait
for the entire play length to save the cropped file. &nbsp;</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Is there an editor out that that can
quickly and easily crop video files? &nbsp;Bonus if it's free.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Moose</font>
--=_alternative 0042305B85258900_=--

--===============3328398642627632900==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============3328398642627632900==--