Subject: [Shop-talk] Lamp voltage

From: Karl Vacek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 16:36:49 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4157586428636139218==

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--184bb3c68ae61c32806267c29d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Shop content - as soon as I get the Christmas tree done I can go back to 
the shop and work on something.

We have many strings of Christmas lights on the tree.  Almost all are 30 
year old plus Silvestri 35-light series strings.  Silvestri calls for 3.5 
volt replacement bulbs.  Replacement bulbs were getting scarce locally so I 
ordered some from an Amazon seller, and some from a place that specializes 
in hard to find items.  They're of two brands, all 3.5 volt for 35-light 
sets.  Every one I install lights for a second and burns out immediately.  
They don't look overly bright as if they were for a lower voltage.  Once 
burned out the string still stays lit because they have the same jumper as 
the originals.

What am I missing?

Thanks !
Karl

--184bb3c68ae61c32806267c29d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.=
w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<body>
<div dir=3D"auto">
Shop content - as soon as I get the Christmas tree done I can go back to th=
e shop and work on something.<div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">=
We have many strings of Christmas lights on the tree.&nbsp; <span style=3D"=
font-size: 12pt;">Almost all are 30 year old plus Silvestri 35-light series=
 strings.&nbsp; Silvestri calls for 3.5 volt replacement bulbs.&nbsp; Repla=
cement bulbs were getting scarce locally so I ordered some from an Amazon s=
eller, and some from a place that specializes in hard to find items.&nbsp; =
They're of two brands, all 3.5 volt for 35-light sets.&nbsp; Every one I in=
stall lights for a second and burns out immediately.&nbsp; They don't look =
overly bright as if they were for a lower voltage.&nbsp; Once burned out th=
e string still stays lit because they have the same jumper as the originals=
.</span></div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">What am I missi=
ng?</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">Thanks !</div><div d=
ir=3D"auto">Karl</div>
</div></body>
</html>

--184bb3c68ae61c32806267c29d--

--===============4157586428636139218==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============4157586428636139218==--