Subject: [Shop-talk] Diesel Fuel for engine operation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 10:07:29 -0400 09/17/2022 10:07:42 AM, Serialize complete at 09/17/2022 10:07:42 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============9069617606708134520==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 004D97C3852588C0_=

Here is the problem...

I have a bunch of diesel tractors/equipment/and bull dozer that I use on 
the farm here.  Instead of paying over the road taxes and filling 5 gal 
containers every time, I used to have an 230 gal oil tank that I put home 
heating oil in and used that.  It worked for the first 20 years I was 
here.
The new fuels seem to develop algae very quickly.  I've tried additives, 
but I still have the problems.

So, I'm going to ditch the oil tank (it's too hard to clean after any 
algae bloom).  I was thinking of just using a 55 gal drum.  I also don't 
use that much fuel so I don't need it sitting around.

Here are the questions...

-first, what fuel is the most stable for the longest?  Home heating oil, 
off road diesel, or something else?
-second, will most heating oil places fill a 55 gal drum?  Do I need any 
special markings?
-third, if I have to bring it to them to get it filled, is there any 
special requirements to transporting it?
-fourth, am I missing a better option?

Thanks
--=_alternative 004D97C3852588C0_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Here is the problem...</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I have a bunch of diesel tractors/equipment/and
bull dozer that I use on the farm here. &nbsp;Instead of paying over the
road taxes and filling 5 gal containers every time, I used to have an 230
gal oil tank that I put home heating oil in and used that. &nbsp;It worked
for the first 20 years I was here.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">The new fuels seem to develop algae
very quickly. &nbsp;I've tried additives, but I still have the problems.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">So, I'm going to ditch the oil tank
(it's too hard to clean after any algae bloom). &nbsp;I was thinking of
just using a 55 gal drum. &nbsp;I also don't use that much fuel so I don't
need it sitting around.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Here are the questions...</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">-first, what fuel is the most stable
for the longest? &nbsp;Home heating oil, off road diesel, or something
else?</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">-second, will most heating oil places
fill a 55 gal drum? &nbsp;Do I need any special markings?</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">-third, if I have to bring it to them
to get it filled, is there any special requirements to transporting it?</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">-fourth, am I missing a better option?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks</font>
--=_alternative 004D97C3852588C0_=--

--===============9069617606708134520==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============9069617606708134520==--