Subject: [Shop-talk] Ever seen one of these welding torches?

From: Scott Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 16:14:39 -0500

--===============3943646751526591981==

--000000000000129cd105e922534d

I got this thing:

https://imgur.com/a/Sftaaot

With a normal Victor torch. I already had a Victor torch, and really wanted
this thing. It's smaller and looks like it's easier to handle.

The guy at the gas supply says it's a Prest-o-lite torch. I can't find
anything like it online searching any variations of that name. I guess it
might be a jeweler's torch, but I don't see anything there, either, though
to be fair I am maybe the worst internet searcher ever.

I'd like to braze stuff with it. It doesn't take Victor tips, and I'm not
sure if I'm looking for a tip that screws in at the top, or one that screws
in about halfway, to the main body. The store guy said to the top.

So I guess basically anyone recognize this thing and can tell me anything
about it?

Thanks.

Scott

--000000000000129cd105e922534d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I got this thing:<div><br></div><div><a href=3D"https://im=
gur.com/a/Sftaaot">https://imgur.com/a/Sftaaot</a></div><div><br></div><div=
>With a normal Victor torch. I already had a Victor torch, and really wante=
d this thing. It&#39;s smaller and looks like it&#39;s easier to handle.</d=
iv><div><br></div><div>The guy at the gas supply says it&#39;s a Prest-o-li=
te torch. I can&#39;t find anything like it online searching any variations=
 of that name. I guess it might be a jeweler&#39;s torch, but I don&#39;t s=
ee anything there, either, though to be fair I am maybe the worst internet =
searcher ever.</div><div><br></div><div>I&#39;d like to braze stuff with it=
. It doesn&#39;t take Victor tips, and I&#39;m not sure if I&#39;m looking =
for a tip that screws in at the top, or one that screws in about halfway, t=
o the main body. The store guy said to the top.</div><div><br></div><div>So=
 I guess basically anyone recognize this thing and can tell me anything abo=
ut it?</div><div><br>Thanks.</div><div><br></div><div>Scott</div><div><br><=
/div></div>

--000000000000129cd105e922534d--

--===============3943646751526591981==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============3943646751526591981==--

---

From: Jim Juhas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 22:40:08 -0400

I believe what you have is the basic torch body with a cutting assembly mounted. I have a small Smith torch configured much the same way, sold to me MANY years ago represented as a sheet metal torch. Its smallest tips are ideal for that type of work, but a little to hot for jewelry work. Mine came with several tips that screw on to the top of the base or handle at the adjustment valves. Still have it and use it often. 

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 20, 2022, at 8:44 PM, Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> This won't be very helpful, but I'm fairly certain I've used a torch
> like that, but a long time ago.  Prest-O-Lite is definitely a name I
> remember.
> 
> I did find these two auctions on eBay, which link Prest-O-Lite and
> Purox.  May be a clue for you there.
> 
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/165542677068
> 
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/165683937995
> 
> These two go together (I think) to make a torch similar to the one in
> your photo.
> 
>> On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 5:30 PM Scott Hall
>> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>> I got this thing:
>> 
>> With a normal Victor torch. I already had a Victor torch, and really wanted this thing. It's smaller and looks like it's easier to handle.
>> 
>> The guy at the gas supply says it's a Prest-o-lite torch. I can't find anything like it online searching any variations of that name. I guess it might be a jeweler's torch, but I don't see anything there, either, though to be fair I am maybe the worst internet searcher ever.
>> 
>> I'd like to braze stuff with it. It doesn't take Victor tips, and I'm not sure if I'm looking for a tip that screws in at the top, or one that screws in about halfway, to the main body. The store guy said to the top.
>> 
>> So I guess basically anyone recognize this thing and can tell me anything about it?
>> 
>> Thanks.
>> 
>> Scott
>> 
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
> 

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]