Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets shipped... help?

From: Pat Horne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 16:33:24 -0500

Richard, can’t help w/palletizing but you might check with your local Fastenal store. Up until the pandemic they would ship palletized stuff on a space available basis but it was store to store so end point delivery would be needed. 

You might also check with hot shot services. 

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne 
We support Habitat for Humanity

On Sep 27, 2022, at 4:25 PM, Richard George <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm dealing with my dad's estate and have a large quantity of stuff (tools - ob. shop content) to send across country to get auctioned off.  I was originally looking at using normal shipping methods (boxes sent at a discount via pirate ship), but it turns out the house is confident they can deal with far more "stuff" than I had originally envisioned (would be 40 or so of those home depot small and medium moving boxes,a few banker boxes, etc I think).

I am guessing when one has that much material its probably going to be a lot cheaper to palletize it/put them on a truck and ship them to the auction house that way rather than trying to ship the boxes individually.  The trouble is that I'm not set up to do that.  I don't have any pallet jacks, don't exactly have any place to do the wrapping (they are all in storage - I suppose I could do it there, but again, no pallet jack and while the storage space would let me work there but I think getting a truck there might be a cluster, etc).  In addition, while I've packed a LOT of stuff for shipment over the years, I haven't ever loaded up items on a pallet/wrapped the pallet for shipment so that the will make it, actually tried to use a freight company for shipment, etc.  And... the times in the past I've dealt with freight companies (on the receiving end), it often didn't go well (not so much damage as the companies all seemed to do bait and switch on rates, tried to extract additional payments they weren't owed, there were issues with actual delivery, etc (story of cluster surrounding shipment of fiberglass GT6 hood omitted)).

So I was hoping to get some advice for a newbie on dealing with this.

Are there services that can handle the palletizing/getting it delivered that won't take you to the cleaners/jerk you around on the pricing,etc?  Is there a "shipping by truck for dummies" tome out there, or...?

Thanks in advance,

rkg

(Richard George)

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 17:34:13 -0400 09/27/2022 05:34:26 PM, Serialize complete at 09/27/2022 05:34:26 PM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8945217314719311645==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--=_alternative 00767D92852588CA_=

Rkg,

There are a few options.  If you only have a few pallets worth of items, 
go out and buy some "pallet wrap" (big roll of clear cling wrap.)

Look in the local craigslist for someone getting rid of a solar pool cover 
(should be easy this time of year.)  They are large plastic blankets of 
bubble wrap.  Also, you'll find a TON of people giving away pallets.

Load the items on a pallet and bolt it to the pallet.  Then wrap in the 
bubble wrap, then the pallet wrapping. 

Once done, have a list of all the items/pallets with dimensions.  If you 
know the weight, that is much better.

Then, contact a shipping company near you and tell them you have X many 
pallets that need to be shipped.  You may have enough for a full truck 
(best bet.)  If not, you are a 'ltt'  (less than truckload.) this just 
means you'll pay more.

Let them know you need a lift gate.  IF you have a good paved driveway, 
they can use the pallet jack to load them.  If not, you may have to rent a 
forklift, or have a buddy with a tractor and forks come over on the pick 
up day.
Then you'll have to make arrangements on the other end.  If you have a 
paved driveway there, it might not be too bad.
That is NOT the ideal way, but it will work.

IF you have LOTS of stuff, going to a single location, here is the best 
way to do it.

Find a shipping company that will drop off a 'intermodal container' (the 
standard shipping container.)  You'll have to decide if you need a 20' or 
40'.

They will drop it off for you to load on your own.  You don't need 
pallets, just pack the stuff in there and use tiedowns and wedge things 
together.  This is also a good time to find people getting rid of 
mattresses and you can put them in between items.

You load the container up (at ground level) and they pick it up, and drop 
it off for you to unload at the other side.  They normally charge a fee 
for the 'rental' time of the unit, so plan well and be ready to load it 
and unload it right away.

If you are in NJ, let me know, I can easily help you with this.

Moose

From:   Richard George <[email-masked]>
To:     shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date:   09/27/2022 05:15 PM
Subject:        [Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets 
shipped... help?
Sent by:        "Shop-talk" <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I'm dealing with my dad's estate and have a large quantity of stuff 
(tools - ob. shop content) to send across country to get auctioned off.  
I was originally looking at using normal shipping methods (boxes sent at 
a discount via pirate ship), but it turns out the house is confident 
they can deal with far more "stuff" than I had originally envisioned 
(would be 40 or so of those home depot small and medium moving boxes,a 
few banker boxes, etc I think).

I am guessing when one has that much material its probably going to be a 
lot cheaper to palletize it/put them on a truck and ship them to the 
auction house that way rather than trying to ship the boxes 
individually.  The trouble is that I'm not set up to do that.  I don't 
have any pallet jacks, don't exactly have any place to do the wrapping 
(they are all in storage - I suppose I could do it there, but again, no 
pallet jack and while the storage space would let me work there but I 
think getting a truck there might be a cluster, etc).  In addition, 
while I've packed a LOT of stuff for shipment over the years, I haven't 
ever loaded up items on a pallet/wrapped the pallet for shipment so that 
the will make it, actually tried to use a freight company for shipment, 
etc.  And... the times in the past I've dealt with freight companies (on 
the receiving end), it often didn't go well (not so much damage as the 
companies all seemed to do bait and switch on rates, tried to extract 
additional payments they weren't owed, there were issues with actual 
delivery, etc (story of cluster surrounding shipment of fiberglass GT6 
hood omitted)).

Are there services that can handle the palletizing/getting it delivered 
that won't take you to the cleaners/jerk you around on the pricing,etc?  
Is there a "shipping by truck for dummies" tome out there, or...?

Thanks in advance,

rkg

(Richard George)

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk 
http://autox.team.net/archive

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

--=_alternative 00767D92852588CA_=

<span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Rkg,</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">There are a few
options. &nbsp;If you only have a few pallets worth of items, go out and
buy some &quot;pallet wrap&quot; (big roll of clear cling wrap.)</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Look in the local
craigslist for someone getting rid of a solar pool cover (should be easy
this time of year.) &nbsp;They are large plastic blankets of bubble wrap.
&nbsp;Also, you'll find a TON of people giving away pallets.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Load the items
on a pallet and bolt it to the pallet. &nbsp;Then wrap in the bubble wrap,
then the pallet wrapping. &nbsp;</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Once done, have
a list of all the items/pallets with dimensions. &nbsp;If you know the
weight, that is much better.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Then, contact
a shipping company near you and tell them you have X many pallets that
need to be shipped. &nbsp;You may have enough for a full truck (best bet.)
&nbsp;If not, you are a 'ltt' &nbsp;(less than truckload.) this just means
you'll pay more.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Let them know
you need a lift gate. &nbsp;IF you have a good paved driveway, they can
use the pallet jack to load them. &nbsp;If not, you may have to rent a
forklift, or have a buddy with a tractor and forks come over on the pick
up day.</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Then you'll have
to make arrangements on the other end. &nbsp;If you have a paved driveway
there, it might not be too bad.</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">That is NOT the
ideal way, but it will work.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">IF you have LOTS
of stuff, going to a single location, here is the best way to do it.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Find a shipping
company that will drop off a 'intermodal container' (the standard shipping
container.) &nbsp;You'll have to decide if you need a 20' or 40'.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">They will drop
it off for you to load on your own. &nbsp;You don't need pallets, just
pack the stuff in there and use tiedowns and wedge things together. &nbsp;This
is also a good time to find people getting rid of mattresses and you can
put them in between items.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">You load the container
up (at ground level) and they pick it up, and drop it off for you to unload
at the other side. &nbsp;They normally charge a fee for the 'rental' time
of the unit, so plan well and be ready to load it and unload it right away.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">If you are in
NJ, let me know, I can easily help you with this.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Moose</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif">From:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=" font-size:9pt;font-family:sans-serif">Richard
George &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif">To:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=" font-size:9pt;font-family:sans-serif">shop-talk
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif">Date:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=" font-size:9pt;font-family:sans-serif">09/27/2022
05:15 PM</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif">Subject:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=" font-size:9pt;font-family:sans-serif">[Shop-talk]
palletizing stuff and getting the pallets shipped... help?</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif">Sent
by: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=" font-size:9pt;font-family:sans-serif">&quot;Shop-talk&quot;
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</span>
<br>
<hr noshade>
<br>
<br>
<br><tt><span style=" font-size:10pt">Hi,<br>
<br>
I'm dealing with my dad's estate and have a large quantity of stuff <br>
(tools - ob. shop content) to send across country to get auctioned off.&nbsp;
<br>
I was originally looking at using normal shipping methods (boxes sent at
<br>
a discount via pirate ship), but it turns out the house is confident <br>
they can deal with far more &quot;stuff&quot; than I had originally envisioned
<br>
(would be 40 or so of those home depot small and medium moving boxes,a
<br>
few banker boxes, etc I think).<br>
<br>
I am guessing when one has that much material its probably going to be
a <br>
lot cheaper to palletize it/put them on a truck and ship them to the <br>
auction house that way rather than trying to ship the boxes <br>
individually.&nbsp; The trouble is that I'm not set up to do that.&nbsp;
I don't <br>
have any pallet jacks, don't exactly have any place to do the wrapping
<br>
(they are all in storage - I suppose I could do it there, but again, no
<br>
pallet jack and while the storage space would let me work there but I <br>
think getting a truck there might be a cluster, etc).&nbsp; In addition,
<br>
while I've packed a LOT of stuff for shipment over the years, I haven't
<br>
ever loaded up items on a pallet/wrapped the pallet for shipment so that
<br>
the will make it, actually tried to use a freight company for shipment,
<br>
etc.&nbsp; And... the times in the past I've dealt with freight companies
(on <br>
the receiving end), it often didn't go well (not so much damage as the
<br>
companies all seemed to do bait and switch on rates, tried to extract <br>
additional payments they weren't owed, there were issues with actual <br>
delivery, etc (story of cluster surrounding shipment of fiberglass GT6
<br>
hood omitted)).<br>
<br>
So I was hoping to get some advice for a newbie on dealing with this.<br>
<br>
Are there services that can handle the palletizing/getting it delivered
<br>
that won't take you to the cleaners/jerk you around on the pricing,etc?&nbsp;
<br>
Is there a &quot;shipping by truck for dummies&quot; tome out there, or...?<br>
<br>
Thanks in advance,<br>
<br>
rkg<br>
<br>
(Richard George)<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
[email-masked]<br>
Archive: </span></tt><a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"><tt><span style=" font-size:10pt">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</span></tt></a><tt><span style=" font-size:10pt">
</span></tt><a href=http://autox.team.net/archive><tt><span style=" font-size:10pt">http://autox.team.net/archive</span></tt></a><tt><span style=" font-size:10pt"><br>
<br>
<br>
</span></tt>
<br>
<br>

--=_alternative 00767D92852588CA_=--

--===============8945217314719311645==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8945217314719311645==--

---

From: Brian and Wendy Warrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 22:49:10 +0000

--===============1332150831380172832==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_MW2PR07MB3978CE67E47C00C443CAD819BB559MW2PR07MB3978namp_"

--_000_MW2PR07MB3978CE67E47C00C443CAD819BB559MW2PR07MB3978namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

To follow up on Eric's comments, look into PODS

https://www.pods.com/

If the stuff isn't big and heavy and packs well into boxes, this could be t=
he way to go. Load the POD at the location and let them bring it to the Auc=
tion House. No pallets or strapping needed.

Brian
Nampa, ID
________________________________
From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> on behalf of eric@megage=
ek.com <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 3:34 PM
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets shipped.=
.. help?

Rkg,

There are a few options.  If you only have a few pallets worth of items, go=
 out and buy some "pallet wrap" (big roll of clear cling wrap.)

Look in the local craigslist for someone getting rid of a solar pool cover =
(should be easy this time of year.)  They are large plastic blankets of bub=
ble wrap.  Also, you'll find a TON of people giving away pallets.

Load the items on a pallet and bolt it to the pallet.  Then wrap in the bub=
ble wrap, then the pallet wrapping.

Once done, have a list of all the items/pallets with dimensions.  If you kn=
ow the weight, that is much better.

Then, contact a shipping company near you and tell them you have X many pal=
lets that need to be shipped.  You may have enough for a full truck (best b=
et.)  If not, you are a 'ltt'  (less than truckload.) this just means you'l=
l pay more.

Let them know you need a lift gate.  IF you have a good paved driveway, the=
y can use the pallet jack to load them.  If not, you may have to rent a for=
klift, or have a buddy with a tractor and forks come over on the pick up da=
y.
Then you'll have to make arrangements on the other end.  If you have a pave=
d driveway there, it might not be too bad.
That is NOT the ideal way, but it will work.

IF you have LOTS of stuff, going to a single location, here is the best way=
 to do it.

Find a shipping company that will drop off a 'intermodal container' (the st=
andard shipping container.)  You'll have to decide if you need a 20' or 40'=
.

They will drop it off for you to load on your own.  You don't need pallets,=
 just pack the stuff in there and use tiedowns and wedge things together.  =
This is also a good time to find people getting rid of mattresses and you c=
an put them in between items.

You load the container up (at ground level) and they pick it up, and drop i=
t off for you to unload at the other side.  They normally charge a fee for =
the 'rental' time of the unit, so plan well and be ready to load it and unl=
oad it right away.

Moose

From:        Richard George <[email-masked]>
To:        shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date:        09/27/2022 05:15 PM
Subject:        [Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets shipp=
ed... help?
Sent by:        "Shop-talk" <[email-masked]>
________________________________

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

rkg

(Richard George)

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/arch=
ive

gageek.com

--_000_MW2PR07MB3978CE67E47C00C443CAD819BB559MW2PR07MB3978namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class=3D"elementToProof">
<br>
</div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans=
-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
To follow up on Eric's comments, look into PODS</div>
<div class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans=
-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
<br>
</div>
<div class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans=
-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
<a href=3D"https://www.pods.com/" data-auth=3D"NotApplicable" id=3D"LPNoLPO=
WALinkPreview">https://www.pods.com/</a><br>
</div>
<div class=3D"x__Entity x__EType_OWALinkPreview x__EId_OWALinkPreview x__ER=
eadonly_1">
</div>
<br>
<div id=3D"x_signature_bookmark"></div>
<div id=3D"x_appendonsend"></div>
<div class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans=
-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
If the stuff isn't big and heavy and packs well into boxes, this could be t=
he way to go. Load the POD at the location and let them bring it to the Auc=
tion House. No pallets or strapping needed.</div>
<div class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans=
-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
<br>
</div>
<div class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans=
-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
Brian</div>
<div class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans=
-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
Nampa, ID</div>
<hr tabindex=3D"-1" style=3D"display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div id=3D"x_divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" =
color=3D"#000000" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b> Shop-talk &lt;shop-=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of [email-masked] &lt;eric@meg=
ageek.com&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, September 27, 2022 3:34 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets s=
hipped... help?</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div><span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">Rkg,</span> <br=
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">There are a few opti=
ons. &nbsp;If you only have a few pallets worth of items, go out and buy so=
me &quot;pallet wrap&quot; (big roll of clear cling wrap.)</span>
<br>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">Look in the local cr=
aigslist for someone getting rid of a solar pool cover (should be easy this=
 time of year.) &nbsp;They are large plastic blankets of bubble wrap. &nbsp=
;Also, you'll find a TON of people giving away
 pallets.</span> <br>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">Load the items on a =
pallet and bolt it to the pallet. &nbsp;Then wrap in the bubble wrap, then =
the pallet wrapping. &nbsp;</span>
<br>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">Once done, have a li=
st of all the items/pallets with dimensions. &nbsp;If you know the weight, =
that is much better.</span>
<br>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">Then, contact a ship=
ping company near you and tell them you have X many pallets that need to be=
 shipped. &nbsp;You may have enough for a full truck (best bet.) &nbsp;If n=
ot, you are a 'ltt' &nbsp;(less than truckload.)
 this just means you'll pay more.</span> <br>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">Let them know you ne=
ed a lift gate. &nbsp;IF you have a good paved driveway, they can use the p=
allet jack to load them. &nbsp;If not, you may have to rent a forklift, or =
have a buddy with a tractor and forks come over
 on the pick up day.</span> <br>
<span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">Then you'll have to =
make arrangements on the other end. &nbsp;If you have a paved driveway ther=
e, it might not be too bad.</span>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">That is NOT the idea=
l way, but it will work.</span>
<br>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">IF you have LOTS of =
stuff, going to a single location, here is the best way to do it.</span>
<br>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">Find a shipping comp=
any that will drop off a 'intermodal container' (the standard shipping cont=
ainer.) &nbsp;You'll have to decide if you need a 20' or 40'.</span>
<br>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">They will drop it of=
f for you to load on your own. &nbsp;You don't need pallets, just pack the =
stuff in there and use tiedowns and wedge things together. &nbsp;This is al=
so a good time to find people getting rid of
 mattresses and you can put them in between items.</span> <br>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">You load the contain=
er up (at ground level) and they pick it up, and drop it off for you to unl=
oad at the other side. &nbsp;They normally charge a fee for the 'rental' ti=
me of the unit, so plan well and be ready
 to load it and unload it right away.</span> <br>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">If you are in NJ, le=
t me know, I can easily help you with this.</span>
<br>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">Moose</span> <br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:9pt; color:#5f5f5f; font-family:sans-serif">From: =
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=3D"font-size:9pt; font-family=
:sans-serif">Richard George &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</span>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:9pt; color:#5f5f5f; font-family:sans-serif">To: &n=
bsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=3D"font-size:9pt; font-family:s=
ans-serif">shop-talk &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</span>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:9pt; color:#5f5f5f; font-family:sans-serif">Date: =
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=3D"font-size:9pt; font-family=
:sans-serif">09/27/2022 05:15 PM</span>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:9pt; color:#5f5f5f; font-family:sans-serif">Subjec=
t: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=3D"font-size:9pt; font-fam=
ily:sans-serif">[Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets shipp=
ed... help?</span>
<br>
<span style=3D"font-size:9pt; color:#5f5f5f; font-family:sans-serif">Sent b=
y: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=3D"font-size:9pt; font-fam=
ily:sans-serif">&quot;Shop-talk&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&=
gt;</span>
<br>
<hr noshade=3D"">
<br>
<br>
<br>
<tt><span style=3D"font-size:10pt">Hi,<br>
<br>
I'm dealing with my dad's estate and have a large quantity of stuff <br>
(tools - ob. shop content) to send across country to get auctioned off.&nbs=
p; <br>
I was originally looking at using normal shipping methods (boxes sent at <b=
r>
a discount via pirate ship), but it turns out the house is confident <br>
they can deal with far more &quot;stuff&quot; than I had originally envisio=
ned <br>
(would be 40 or so of those home depot small and medium moving boxes,a <br>
few banker boxes, etc I think).<br>
<br>
I am guessing when one has that much material its probably going to be a <b=
r>
lot cheaper to palletize it/put them on a truck and ship them to the <br>
auction house that way rather than trying to ship the boxes <br>
individually.&nbsp; The trouble is that I'm not set up to do that.&nbsp; I =
don't <br>
have any pallet jacks, don't exactly have any place to do the wrapping <br>
(they are all in storage - I suppose I could do it there, but again, no <br=
pallet jack and while the storage space would let me work there but I <br>
think getting a truck there might be a cluster, etc).&nbsp; In addition, <b=
r>
while I've packed a LOT of stuff for shipment over the years, I haven't <br=
ever loaded up items on a pallet/wrapped the pallet for shipment so that <b=
r>
the will make it, actually tried to use a freight company for shipment, <br=
etc.&nbsp; And... the times in the past I've dealt with freight companies (=
on <br>
the receiving end), it often didn't go well (not so much damage as the <br>
companies all seemed to do bait and switch on rates, tried to extract <br>
additional payments they weren't owed, there were issues with actual <br>
delivery, etc (story of cluster surrounding shipment of fiberglass GT6 <br>
hood omitted)).<br>
<br>
So I was hoping to get some advice for a newbie on dealing with this.<br>
<br>
Are there services that can handle the palletizing/getting it delivered <br=
that won't take you to the cleaners/jerk you around on the pricing,etc?&nbs=
p; <br>
Is there a &quot;shipping by truck for dummies&quot; tome out there, or...?=
<br>
<br>
Thanks in advance,<br>
<br>
rkg<br>
<br>
(Richard George)<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
[email-masked]<br>
=3D"NotApplicable"><tt><span style=3D"font-size:10pt">http://www.team.net/d=
onate.html</span></tt></a><tt><span style=3D"font-size:10pt"><br>
Archive: </span></tt><a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" da=
ta-auth=3D"NotApplicable"><tt><span style=3D"font-size:10pt">http://www.tea=
m.net/pipermail/shop-talk</span></tt></a><tt><span style=3D"font-size:10pt"=
</span></tt><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" data-auth=3D"NotAppli=
cable"><tt><span style=3D"font-size:10pt">http://autox.team.net/archive</sp=
an></tt></a><tt><span style=3D"font-size:10pt"><br>
<br>
tions/shop-talk/[email-masked]" data-auth=3D"NotApplicable"><tt><span st=
yle=3D"font-size:10pt">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/eric=
@megageek.com</span></tt></a><tt><span style=3D"font-size:10pt"><br>
<br>
</span></tt><br>
<br>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_MW2PR07MB3978CE67E47C00C443CAD819BB559MW2PR07MB3978namp_--

--===============1332150831380172832==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1332150831380172832==--

---

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 23:02:09 +0000

--===============8451592165760171280==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BN6PR14MB126551990144FA90B3ED00B2B4559BN6PR14MB1265namp_"

--_000_BN6PR14MB126551990144FA90B3ED00B2B4559BN6PR14MB1265namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BN6PR14MB126551990144FA90B3ED00B2B4559BN6PR14MB1265namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--_000_BN6PR14MB126551990144FA90B3ED00B2B4559BN6PR14MB1265namp_--

--===============8451592165760171280==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8451592165760171280==--

---

From: Pat Horne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 18:14:29 -0500

--===============1248539461308549528==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-9C1EC11B-E9DA-43B7-A015-D3F9780704AD
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Good idea, Eric.=20

There are also 10=E2=80=99 containers but I=E2=80=99ve only seen a few of th=
em. If a 20=E2=80=99 is overkill it wouldn=E2=80=99t hurt to see if one is a=
vailable.=20

Also, if you need more space than will fit in a standard container, there ar=
e taller ones called high cube.=20

Peace,=20
Pat

Pat Horne=20

On Sep 27, 2022, at 5:28 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

=EF=BB=BFRkg,=20

There are a few options.  If you only have a few pallets worth of items, go o=
ut and buy some "pallet wrap" (big roll of clear cling wrap.)=20

Look in the local craigslist for someone getting rid of a solar pool cover (=
should be easy this time of year.)  They are large plastic blankets of bubbl=
e wrap.  Also, you'll find a TON of people giving away pallets.=20

Load the items on a pallet and bolt it to the pallet.  Then wrap in the bubb=
le wrap, then the pallet wrapping.  =20

Once done, have a list of all the items/pallets with dimensions.  If you kno=
w the weight, that is much better.=20

Then, contact a shipping company near you and tell them you have X many pall=
ets that need to be shipped.  You may have enough for a full truck (best bet=
.)  If not, you are a 'ltt'  (less than truckload.) this just means you'll p=
ay more.=20

Let them know you need a lift gate.  IF you have a good paved driveway, they=
 can use the pallet jack to load them.  If not, you may have to rent a forkl=
ift, or have a buddy with a tractor and forks come over on the pick up day.=20=

Then you'll have to make arrangements on the other end.  If you have a paved=
 driveway there, it might not be too bad.=20
That is NOT the ideal way, but it will work.=20

IF you have LOTS of stuff, going to a single location, here is the best way t=
o do it.=20

Find a shipping company that will drop off a 'intermodal container' (the sta=
ndard shipping container.)  You'll have to decide if you need a 20' or 40'.=20=

They will drop it off for you to load on your own.  You don't need pallets, j=
ust pack the stuff in there and use tiedowns and wedge things together.  Thi=
s is also a good time to find people getting rid of mattresses and you can p=
ut them in between items.=20

You load the container up (at ground level) and they pick it up, and drop it=
 off for you to unload at the other side.  They normally charge a fee for th=
e 'rental' time of the unit, so plan well and be ready to load it and unload=
 it right away.=20

If you are in NJ, let me know, I can easily help you with this.=20

Moose=20

From:        Richard George <[email-masked]>=20
To:        shop-talk <[email-masked]>=20
Date:        09/27/2022 05:15 PM=20
Subject:        [Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets shippe=
d... help?=20
Sent by:        "Shop-talk" <[email-masked]>=20

Hi,

I'm dealing with my dad's estate and have a large quantity of stuff=20
(tools - ob. shop content) to send across country to get auctioned off. =20
I was originally looking at using normal shipping methods (boxes sent at=20
a discount via pirate ship), but it turns out the house is confident=20
they can deal with far more "stuff" than I had originally envisioned=20
(would be 40 or so of those home depot small and medium moving boxes,a=20
few banker boxes, etc I think).

I am guessing when one has that much material its probably going to be a=20
lot cheaper to palletize it/put them on a truck and ship them to the=20
auction house that way rather than trying to ship the boxes=20
individually.  The trouble is that I'm not set up to do that.  I don't=20
have any pallet jacks, don't exactly have any place to do the wrapping=20
(they are all in storage - I suppose I could do it there, but again, no=20
pallet jack and while the storage space would let me work there but I=20
think getting a truck there might be a cluster, etc).  In addition,=20
while I've packed a LOT of stuff for shipment over the years, I haven't=20
ever loaded up items on a pallet/wrapped the pallet for shipment so that=20
the will make it, actually tried to use a freight company for shipment,=20
etc.  And... the times in the past I've dealt with freight companies (on=20
the receiving end), it often didn't go well (not so much damage as the=20
companies all seemed to do bait and switch on rates, tried to extract=20
additional payments they weren't owed, there were issues with actual=20
delivery, etc (story of cluster surrounding shipment of fiberglass GT6=20
hood omitted)).

Are there services that can handle the palletizing/getting it delivered=20
that won't take you to the cleaners/jerk you around on the pricing,etc? =20
Is there a "shipping by truck for dummies" tome out there, or...?

Thanks in advance,

rkg

(Richard George)

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archi=
ve

ageek.com

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archi=
ve

[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-9C1EC11B-E9DA-43B7-A015-D3F9780704AD
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3D=
utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">Good idea, Eric.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>T=
here are also 10=E2=80=99 containers but I=E2=80=99ve only seen a few of the=
m. If a 20=E2=80=99 is overkill it wouldn=E2=80=99t hurt to see if one is av=
ailable.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Also, if you need more space than will fit=
 in a standard container, there are taller ones called high cube.&nbsp;<br><=
div><br></div><div>Peace,&nbsp;</div><div>Pat<br><br><div dir=3D"ltr">Pat Ho=
rne&nbsp;<div>We support Habitat for Humanity</div><div><br></div></div><div=
 dir=3D"ltr"><br>On Sep 27, 2022, at 5:28 PM, [email-masked] wrote:<br><b=
r></div><div dir=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=BF<span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family=
:sans-serif">Rkg,</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">There are a few
options. &nbsp;If you only have a few pallets worth of items, go out and
buy some "pallet wrap" (big roll of clear cling wrap.)</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Look in the local=

craigslist for someone getting rid of a solar pool cover (should be easy
this time of year.) &nbsp;They are large plastic blankets of bubble wrap.
&nbsp;Also, you'll find a TON of people giving away pallets.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Load the items
on a pallet and bolt it to the pallet. &nbsp;Then wrap in the bubble wrap,
then the pallet wrapping. &nbsp;</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Once done, have
a list of all the items/pallets with dimensions. &nbsp;If you know the
weight, that is much better.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Then, contact
a shipping company near you and tell them you have X many pallets that
need to be shipped. &nbsp;You may have enough for a full truck (best bet.)
&nbsp;If not, you are a 'ltt' &nbsp;(less than truckload.) this just means
you'll pay more.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Let them know
you need a lift gate. &nbsp;IF you have a good paved driveway, they can
use the pallet jack to load them. &nbsp;If not, you may have to rent a
forklift, or have a buddy with a tractor and forks come over on the pick
up day.</span>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Then you'll have
to make arrangements on the other end. &nbsp;If you have a paved driveway
there, it might not be too bad.</span>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">That is NOT the
ideal way, but it will work.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">IF you have LOTS
of stuff, going to a single location, here is the best way to do it.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Find a shipping
company that will drop off a 'intermodal container' (the standard shipping
container.) &nbsp;You'll have to decide if you need a 20' or 40'.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">They will drop
it off for you to load on your own. &nbsp;You don't need pallets, just
pack the stuff in there and use tiedowns and wedge things together. &nbsp;Th=
is
is also a good time to find people getting rid of mattresses and you can
put them in between items.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">You load the cont=
ainer
up (at ground level) and they pick it up, and drop it off for you to unload
at the other side. &nbsp;They normally charge a fee for the 'rental' time
of the unit, so plan well and be ready to load it and unload it right away.<=
/span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">If you are in
NJ, let me know, I can easily help you with this.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Moose</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif">From:=

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=3D" font-size:9pt;font-family:=
sans-serif">Richard
George &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</span>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif">To:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=3D" font-size:9pt;font-family:=
sans-serif">shop-talk
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</span>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif">Date=
:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=3D" font-size:9pt;font-family:=
sans-serif">09/27/2022
05:15 PM</span>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif">Subj=
ect:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=3D" font-size:9pt;font-family:=
sans-serif">[Shop-talk]
palletizing stuff and getting the pallets shipped... help?</span>
<br><span style=3D" font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif">Sent=

by: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style=3D" font-size:9pt;font-fam=
ily:sans-serif">"Shop-talk"
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</span>
<br>
<hr noshade=3D"">
<br>
<br>
<br><tt><span style=3D" font-size:10pt">Hi,<br>
<br>
I'm dealing with my dad's estate and have a large quantity of stuff <br>
(tools - ob. shop content) to send across country to get auctioned off.&nbsp=
;
<br>
I was originally looking at using normal shipping methods (boxes sent at
<br>
a discount via pirate ship), but it turns out the house is confident <br>
they can deal with far more "stuff" than I had originally envisioned
<br>
(would be 40 or so of those home depot small and medium moving boxes,a
<br>
few banker boxes, etc I think).<br>
<br>
I am guessing when one has that much material its probably going to be
a <br>
lot cheaper to palletize it/put them on a truck and ship them to the <br>
auction house that way rather than trying to ship the boxes <br>
individually.&nbsp; The trouble is that I'm not set up to do that.&nbsp;
I don't <br>
have any pallet jacks, don't exactly have any place to do the wrapping
<br>
(they are all in storage - I suppose I could do it there, but again, no
<br>
pallet jack and while the storage space would let me work there but I <br>
think getting a truck there might be a cluster, etc).&nbsp; In addition,
<br>
while I've packed a LOT of stuff for shipment over the years, I haven't
<br>
ever loaded up items on a pallet/wrapped the pallet for shipment so that
<br>
the will make it, actually tried to use a freight company for shipment,
<br>
etc.&nbsp; And... the times in the past I've dealt with freight companies
(on <br>
the receiving end), it often didn't go well (not so much damage as the
<br>
companies all seemed to do bait and switch on rates, tried to extract <br>
additional payments they weren't owed, there were issues with actual <br>
delivery, etc (story of cluster surrounding shipment of fiberglass GT6
<br>
hood omitted)).<br>
<br>
So I was hoping to get some advice for a newbie on dealing with this.<br>
<br>
Are there services that can handle the palletizing/getting it delivered
<br>
that won't take you to the cleaners/jerk you around on the pricing,etc?&nbsp=
;
<br>
Is there a "shipping by truck for dummies" tome out there, or...?<br>
<br>
Thanks in advance,<br>
<br>
rkg<br>
<br>
(Richard George)<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
[email-masked]<br>
yle=3D" font-size:10pt">http://www.team.net/donate.html</span></tt></a><tt><=
span style=3D" font-size:10pt"><br>
Archive: </span></tt><a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"><tt=
><span style=3D" font-size:10pt">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</sp=
an></tt></a><tt><span style=3D" font-size:10pt">
</span></tt><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"><tt><span style=3D" fo=
nt-size:10pt">http://autox.team.net/archive</span></tt></a><tt><span style=3D=
" font-size:10pt"><br>
<br>
ions/shop-talk/[email-masked]"><tt><span style=3D" font-size:10pt">http:/=
/autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</span></tt></a><=
tt><span style=3D" font-size:10pt"><br>
<br>
</span></tt>
<br>
<br>
<span>_______________________________________________</span><br><span></span=
><br><span>[email-masked]</span><br><span>Donate: http://www.team.=
net/donate.html</span><br><span>Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.96</span=
><br><span>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.tea=
m.net/archive</span><br><span></span><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://au=
tox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</span><br><span=
></span><br></div></div></div></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail-9C1EC11B-E9DA-43B7-A015-D3F9780704AD--

--===============1248539461308549528==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1248539461308549528==--

---

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 11:32:10 +0000

--===============8338574723073592149==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_DM5PR14MB12748B66B8A95158130A111DB4549DM5PR14MB1274namp_"

--_000_DM5PR14MB12748B66B8A95158130A111DB4549DM5PR14MB1274namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

One of my daughters used a PODS to move cross country to her first church (=
she is a Lutheran Pastor). She found out the hard way that they don't guara=
ntee water tight and will not cover damage due to this.
________________________________
From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> on behalf of Brian and W=
endy Warrick <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 5:49 PM
To: shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets shipped.=
.. help?

https://www.pods.com/

Brian
Nampa, ID

Rkg,

Moose

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

rkg

(Richard George)

[email-masked]

gageek.com

--_000_DM5PR14MB12748B66B8A95158130A111DB4549DM5PR14MB1274namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class=3D"elementToProof">
One of my daughters used a PODS to move cross country to her first church (=
she is a Lutheran Pastor). She found out the hard way that they don't guara=
ntee water tight and will not cover damage due to this.&nbsp;</div>
<div id=3D"appendonsend"></div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%" tabindex=3D"-1">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" st=
yle=3D"font-size:11pt" color=3D"#000000"><b>From:</b> Shop-talk &lt;shop-ta=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of Brian and Wendy Warrick &lt;mayn=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, September 27, 2022 5:49 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> shop-talk &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets s=
hipped... help?</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none">
<!--
p
	{margin-top:0;
	margin-bottom:0}
-->
</style>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div class=3D"x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans=
-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
<br>
</div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div class=3D"x_x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sa=
ns-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
To follow up on Eric's comments, look into PODS</div>
<div class=3D"x_x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sa=
ns-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
<br>
</div>
<div class=3D"x_x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sa=
ns-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
<a href=3D"https://www.pods.com/" data-auth=3D"NotApplicable" id=3D"LPNoLPO=
WALinkPreview">https://www.pods.com/</a><br>
</div>
<div class=3D"x_x__Entity x_x__EType_OWALinkPreview x_x__EId_OWALinkPreview=
 x_x__EReadonly_1">
</div>
<br>
<div id=3D"x_x_signature_bookmark"></div>
<div id=3D"x_x_appendonsend"></div>
<div class=3D"x_x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sa=
ns-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
If the stuff isn't big and heavy and packs well into boxes, this could be t=
he way to go. Load the POD at the location and let them bring it to the Auc=
tion House. No pallets or strapping needed.</div>
<div class=3D"x_x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sa=
ns-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
<br>
</div>
<div class=3D"x_x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sa=
ns-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
Brian</div>
<div class=3D"x_x_elementToProof" style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sa=
ns-serif; font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
Nampa, ID</div>
<hr tabindex=3D"-1" style=3D"display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div id=3D"x_x_divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif=
" color=3D"#000000" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b> Shop-talk &lt;sho=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of [email-masked] &lt;eric@m=
egageek.com&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, September 27, 2022 3:34 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets s=
hipped... help?</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div><span style=3D"font-size:10pt; font-family:sans-serif">Rkg,</span> <br=
<br>

--_000_DM5PR14MB12748B66B8A95158130A111DB4549DM5PR14MB1274namp_--

--===============8338574723073592149==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8338574723073592149==--

---

From: DAVID MASSEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 11:42:31 +0000 (UTC)

--===============4919145258235255684==
	boundary="----=_Part_1779486_1482151285.1664365351033"

------=_Part_1779486_1482151285.1664365351033
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 PODS or equivalent such as PACKRAT.https://www.1800packrat.com/
=20
Dave=20

=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Brian and Wendy Warrick <[email-masked]>
To: shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, Sep 27, 2022 5:49 pm
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets shipped.=
.. help?

 #yiv6113902975 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}
To follow up on Eric's comments, look into PODS
https://www.pods.com/

If the stuff isn't big and heavy and packs well into boxes, this could be t=
he way to go. Load the POD at the location and let them bring it to the Auc=
tion House. No pallets or strapping needed.
BrianNampa, IDFrom: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> on behalf =
of [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 3:34 PM
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets shipped.=
.. help?=C2=A0Rkg,=20

There are a few options. =C2=A0If you only have a few pallets worth of item=
s, go out and buy some "pallet wrap" (big roll of clear cling wrap.)

Look in the local craigslist for someone getting rid of a solar pool cover =
(should be easy this time of year.) =C2=A0They are large plastic blankets o=
f bubble wrap. =C2=A0Also, you'll find a TON of people giving away pallets.=
=20

Load the items on a pallet and bolt it to the pallet. =C2=A0Then wrap in th=
e bubble wrap, then the pallet wrapping. =C2=A0

Once done, have a list of all the items/pallets with dimensions. =C2=A0If y=
ou know the weight, that is much better.

Then, contact a shipping company near you and tell them you have X many pal=
lets that need to be shipped. =C2=A0You may have enough for a full truck (b=
est bet.) =C2=A0If not, you are a 'ltt' =C2=A0(less than truckload.) this j=
ust means you'll pay more.=20

Let them know you need a lift gate. =C2=A0IF you have a good paved driveway=
, they can use the pallet jack to load them. =C2=A0If not, you may have to =
rent a forklift, or have a buddy with a tractor and forks come over on the =
pick up day.=20
Then you'll have to make arrangements on the other end. =C2=A0If you have a=
 paved driveway there, it might not be too bad.
That is NOT the ideal way, but it will work.

Find a shipping company that will drop off a 'intermodal container' (the st=
andard shipping container.) =C2=A0You'll have to decide if you need a 20' o=
r 40'.

They will drop it off for you to load on your own. =C2=A0You don't need pal=
lets, just pack the stuff in there and use tiedowns and wedge things togeth=
er. =C2=A0This is also a good time to find people getting rid of mattresses=
 and you can put them in between items.=20

You load the container up (at ground level) and they pick it up, and drop i=
t off for you to unload at the other side. =C2=A0They normally charge a fee=
 for the 'rental' time of the unit, so plan well and be ready to load it an=
d unload it right away.=20

Moose=20

From: =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0Richard George <[email-masked]>
To: =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A009/27/2022 05:15 PM
Subject: =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0[Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getti=
ng the pallets shipped... help?
Sent by: =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0"Shop-talk" <[email-masked]=
am.net>

Hi,

(tools - ob. shop content) to send across country to get auctioned off.=C2=
=A0=20

individually.=C2=A0 The trouble is that I'm not set up to do that.=C2=A0 I =
don't=20
think getting a truck there might be a cluster, etc).=C2=A0 In addition,=20
etc.=C2=A0 And... the times in the past I've dealt with freight companies (=
on=20

Are there services that can handle the palletizing/getting it delivered=20
that won't take you to the cleaners/jerk you around on the pricing,etc?=C2=
=A0=20
Is there a "shipping by truck for dummies" tome out there, or...?

Thanks in advance,

rkg

(Richard George)

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talkhttp://autox.team.net/archi=
ve

gageek.com

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

------=_Part_1779486_1482151285.1664365351033
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div style="color:black;font: 12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div> <font size="3">PODS or equivalent such as PACKRAT.</font></div>

<div><font size="3">https://www.1800packrat.com/<br>
</font></div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="clear:both">
<div style="color:black;font:12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div style="color:black;font:12pt Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">
<div><font size="4">Dave <br>
</font></div>

<div><span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:sans-serif;color:black;"><br>
</span></div>
<br>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div> <br>
</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black"><font size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Brian and Wendy Warrick &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: shop-talk &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Sent: Tue, Sep 27, 2022 5:49 pm<br>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets shipped... help?<br>
<br>

<div id="yiv6113902975">

<style type="text/css">#yiv6113902975 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}</style>

<div dir="ltr">

<div style="font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0, 0, 0);" class="yiv6113902975elementToProof">
<br>

</div>

<div dir="ltr">

<div style="font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);" class="yiv6113902975x_elementToProof">
To follow up on Eric's comments, look into PODS</div>

<div style="font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);" class="yiv6113902975x_elementToProof">
<br>

</div>

<div style="font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);" class="yiv6113902975x_elementToProof">
<a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" href="https://www.pods.com/" id="yiv6113902975LPNoLPOWALinkPreview">https://www.pods.com/</a><br>

</div>

<div class="yiv6113902975x__Entity yiv6113902975x__EType_OWALinkPreview yiv6113902975x__EId_OWALinkPreview yiv6113902975x__EReadonly_1">
</div>

<br>

<div id="yiv6113902975x_signature_bookmark"></div>

<div id="yiv6113902975x_appendonsend"></div>

<div style="font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);" class="yiv6113902975x_elementToProof">
If the stuff isn't big and heavy and packs well into boxes, this could be the way to go. Load the POD at the location and let them bring it to the Auction House. No pallets or strapping needed.</div>

<div style="font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);" class="yiv6113902975x_elementToProof">
<br>

</div>

<div style="font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);" class="yiv6113902975x_elementToProof">
Brian</div>

<div style="font-family:Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0);" class="yiv6113902975x_elementToProof">
Nampa, ID</div>

<hr tabindex="-1" style="display:inline-block;width:98%;">

<div id="yiv6113902975x_divRplyFwdMsg" dir="ltr"><font style="font-size:11pt;" face="Calibri, sans-serif" color="#000000"><b>From:</b> Shop-talk &lt;[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of [email-masked] &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets shipped... help?</font>

<div>&nbsp;</div>

</div>

<div><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">Rkg,</span> <br>

<br>

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">There are a few options. &nbsp;If you only have a few pallets worth of items, go out and buy some "pallet wrap" (big roll of clear cling wrap.)</span>
<br>

<br>

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">Look in the local craigslist for someone getting rid of a solar pool cover (should be easy this time of year.) &nbsp;They are large plastic blankets of bubble wrap. &nbsp;Also, you'll find a TON of people giving away
 pallets.</span> <br>

<br>

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">Load the items on a pallet and bolt it to the pallet. &nbsp;Then wrap in the bubble wrap, then the pallet wrapping. &nbsp;</span>
<br>

<br>

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">Once done, have a list of all the items/pallets with dimensions. &nbsp;If you know the weight, that is much better.</span>
<br>

<br>

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">Then, contact a shipping company near you and tell them you have X many pallets that need to be shipped. &nbsp;You may have enough for a full truck (best bet.) &nbsp;If not, you are a 'ltt' &nbsp;(less than truckload.)
 this just means you'll pay more.</span> <br>

<br>

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">Let them know you need a lift gate. &nbsp;IF you have a good paved driveway, they can use the pallet jack to load them. &nbsp;If not, you may have to rent a forklift, or have a buddy with a tractor and forks come over
 on the pick up day.</span> <br>

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">Then you'll have to make arrangements on the other end. &nbsp;If you have a paved driveway there, it might not be too bad.</span>
<br>

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">That is NOT the ideal way, but it will work.</span>
<br>

<br>

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">IF you have LOTS of stuff, going to a single location, here is the best way to do it.</span>
<br>

<br>

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">Find a shipping company that will drop off a 'intermodal container' (the standard shipping container.) &nbsp;You'll have to decide if you need a 20' or 40'.</span>
<br>

<br>

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">They will drop it off for you to load on your own. &nbsp;You don't need pallets, just pack the stuff in there and use tiedowns and wedge things together. &nbsp;This is also a good time to find people getting rid of
 mattresses and you can put them in between items.</span> <br>

<br>

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">You load the container up (at ground level) and they pick it up, and drop it off for you to unload at the other side. &nbsp;They normally charge a fee for the 'rental' time of the unit, so plan well and be ready
 to load it and unload it right away.</span> <br>

<br>

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">If you are in NJ, let me know, I can easily help you with this.</span>
<br>

<br>

<span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif;">Moose</span> <br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<br>

<span style="font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif;">From: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:sans-serif;">Richard George &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</span>
<br>

<span style="font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif;">To: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:sans-serif;">shop-talk &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</span>
<br>

<span style="font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif;">Date: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:sans-serif;">09/27/2022 05:15 PM</span>
<br>

<span style="font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif;">Subject: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:sans-serif;">[Shop-talk] palletizing stuff and getting the pallets shipped... help?</span>
<br>

<span style="font-size:9pt;color:#5f5f5f;font-family:sans-serif;">Sent by: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</span><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:sans-serif;">"Shop-talk" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</span>
<br>

<hr noshade="">
<br>

<br>

<br>

<tt><span style="font-size:10pt;">Hi,<br>

<br>

(tools - ob. shop content) to send across country to get auctioned off.&nbsp; <br>

I was originally looking at using normal shipping methods (boxes sent at <br>

they can deal with far more "stuff" than I had originally envisioned <br>

<br>

I am guessing when one has that much material its probably going to be a <br>

individually.&nbsp; The trouble is that I'm not set up to do that.&nbsp; I don't <br>

(they are all in storage - I suppose I could do it there, but again, no <br>

think getting a truck there might be a cluster, etc).&nbsp; In addition, <br>

while I've packed a LOT of stuff for shipment over the years, I haven't <br>

ever loaded up items on a pallet/wrapped the pallet for shipment so that <br>

the will make it, actually tried to use a freight company for shipment, <br>

etc.&nbsp; And... the times in the past I've dealt with freight companies (on <br>

hood omitted)).<br>

<br>

<br>

Are there services that can handle the palletizing/getting it delivered <br>

that won't take you to the cleaners/jerk you around on the pricing,etc?&nbsp; <br>

<br>

Thanks in advance,<br>

<br>

rkg<br>

<br>

(Richard George)<br>

<br>

<br>

Archive: </span></tt><a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"><tt><span style="font-size:10pt;">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</span></tt></a><tt><span style="font-size:10pt;">
</span></tt><a rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank" href="http://autox.team.net/archive"><tt><span style="font-size:10pt;">http://autox.team.net/archive</span></tt></a><tt><span style="font-size:10pt;"><br>

<br>

<br>

</span></tt><br>

<br>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk </a><a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</font></div>
</div>

------=_Part_1779486_1482151285.1664365351033--

--===============4919145258235255684==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4919145258235255684==--