Subject: [Shop-talk] Plugging holes in refrigerators

From: Scott Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 19:38:04 -0500

--===============0407486996597231966==

--000000000000eb9cef05e445ee3c
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have acquired a kegerator. It lives in the garage.

(This has impacted my efficiency in the shop.)

The previous owner drilled two holes in side of the unit for drain and gas
lines. I don't have a floor drain, so my drain line is going to a bucket in
the unit, and my gas tank lives in there, too.

I finally got around to cleaning up those lines and now I have two
irregular holes in the side of my kegerator, leaking out 34=C2=B0 air.

Whomever did these was not interested in his workmanship. They're .5 inch
by .75 inch, more or less, so round plugs really don't work. The sheet
metal is also pretty jagged. I thought about drilling then out to a uniform
shape, but I really don't want to make them bigger.

I could masking tape one side and spray foam them, but I'm hoping the
outside could be a little more permanent.

Anybody have thoughts? All opinions welcome.

--000000000000eb9cef05e445ee3c
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">I have acquired a kegerator. It lives in the garage.=C2=
=A0<div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">(This has impacted my effi=
ciency in the shop.)</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">The=
 previous owner drilled two holes in side of the unit for drain and gas lin=
es. I don&#39;t have a floor drain, so my drain line is going to a bucket i=
n the unit, and my gas tank lives in there, too.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br=
></div><div dir=3D"auto">I finally got around to cleaning up those lines an=
d now I have two irregular holes in the side of my kegerator, leaking out 3=
4=C2=B0 air.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">Whomever di=
d these was not interested in his workmanship. They&#39;re .5 inch by .75 i=
nch, more or less, so round plugs really don&#39;t work. The sheet metal is=
 also pretty jagged. I thought about drilling then out to a uniform shape, =
but I really don&#39;t want to make them bigger.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br=
></div><div dir=3D"auto">I could masking tape one side and spray foam them,=
 but I&#39;m hoping the outside could be a little more permanent.</div><div=
 dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">Anybody have thoughts? All opinio=
ns welcome.</div></div>

--000000000000eb9cef05e445ee3c--

--===============0407486996597231966==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============0407486996597231966==--

---

From: Tom Coradeschi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 16:28:16 -0400

Refrigerator magnets!

Tom Coradeschi
[email-masked]

> On Jul 20, 2022, at 10:08 PM, Brian Kemp <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Initial ideas:
> 
> - Carve a wine bottle cork to fit?
> - Make both holes round and use a rubber plug.  I have something like this in the floor of my GT6.
> - Electrical knockout plug like https://www.homedepot.com/p/Halex-1-in-Knockout-Seals-2-Pack-96073/100137466
> - Have to mention duct tape.
> - Stickers for your favorite car or tool company?
> 
> 
>> On 7/20/2022 5:38 PM, Scott Hall wrote:
>> The previous owner drilled two holes in side of the unit for drain and gas lines. I don't have a floor drain, so my drain line is going to a bucket in the unit, and my gas tank lives in there, too.
>> 
>> I finally got around to cleaning up those lines and now I have two irregular holes in the side of my kegerator, leaking out 34° air.
>> 
>> Whomever did these was not interested in his workmanship. They're .5 inch by .75 inch, more or less, so round plugs really don't work. The sheet metal is also pretty jagged. I thought about drilling then out to a uniform shape, but I really don't want to make them bigger.
>> 
>> I could masking tape one side and spray foam them, but I'm hoping the outside could be a little more permanent.
>> 
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>> 
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
> 

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]