Subject: [Shop-talk] Finishing a tricky ceiling

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 15:01:15 -0400

--000000000000e21d6a05e08fbf15

Got a hankering for some opinions...

We have a small room under our basement.  About 4' by 12', it is
directly underneath our front porch.  We refer to it as the "bomb
shelter" as it is all cinderblock and earth-sheltered on one side,and
the other three sides are adjacent to basement rooms or crawlspace.

As it is under the porch, there is occasional water seepage around the
perimeter - mostly when we wash the porch (it is walled on three sides
and has a roof over it.  The ceiling is the porch floor, installed by
laying a metal pan down and pouring the porch slab on top (much like
floors in commercial buildings.  The main problem is that the pan was
not galvanized, and so it rains a constant shower of little rusty
metal particles and chunks into the room.

I'd like to put a ceiling in there to catch all of that before it gets
all over the stuff that I have stored on the shelves.  It must be
removable so I can check the pan for imminent failure, and must also
be moisture-resistant.  I have some idea of what I might do, but the
collective wisdom can often be much sharper than me alone.   Any
ideas?  Once I solve the ceiling, I'm going to dry-lok the walls and
finish it a little nicer so I can store shop supplies down there.

Picture of the ceiling:

--000000000000e21d6a05e08fbf15
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="image.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <f_l3yt9j5i0>

--000000000000e21d6a05e08fbf15
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="image.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <f_l3yta9ob1>

--000000000000e21d6a05e08fbf15
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--000000000000e21d6a05e08fbf15--