Subject: [Shop-talk] Pressure Washing 'Modern' Truck

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 10:21:34 -0700

I have a '96 Ranger that will be due for a CA smog check in a couple 
months. I've been using it for farm duties and transport to hay baling 
assignments, and the engine compartment's gotten a good cake of dust. 
Besides the 'usual' prep--injector cleaner, clean the (K&N) air filter, 
fresh gas and oil, etc.--I'm thinking of pressure washing the engine 
because, well, because it looks like crap. I know appearances don't 
count--OBDII and tailpipe emissions only--but I need to wash my riding 
lawnmower and I'll have the pressure hooked-up anyway ...

So, anyone had an issue pressure washing a new(ish) vehicle with ECU, 
CoP, etc.? I don't think twice about pressure washing my old cars and 
tractors, except for maybe losing some paint, and if they won't start I 
know it's a matter of getting the electricals dried out, but a newer 
vehicle with their 'delicate' electronics?

TIA,
Bob
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive