Subject: [Shop-talk] Battery powered chain saws

From: Ronnie Day <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 11:57:50 -0500

--===============2320929605507826829==

--00000000000036ac3505de6ee2b6

We're considering buying one of the above pieces of equipment. We live on
10 heavily wooded acres and while we already have a couple of Stihl gas
models, we want something lighter and easier to use for limbing and cleanup
after a tree has been dropped. Something in the 16 inch range. We'll need
at least two heavy duty batteries.

We have an Ego battery weed eater that we like, but the Consumer Reports
user  comments cite a problem with keeping the Ego chain saw chain on the
bar, requiring frequent "fixes", and I don't want that PITA. We have a
Ryobi One model and a bunch of batteries, but it's far too light duty for
our needs. We want battery power since we'll often be too far away from
power to use an extension crn.

Thought I'd see what experience those in the group have had.

TIA,
RD

--00000000000036ac3505de6ee2b6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">We&#39;re considering buying one of the above pieces of eq=
uipment. We live on 10 heavily wooded acres and while we already have a cou=
ple of Stihl gas models, we want something lighter and easier to use=C2=A0f=
or limbing and cleanup after a tree has been dropped. Something in the 16 i=
nch range. We&#39;ll need at least two heavy duty batteries.<div><br></div>=
<div>We have an Ego battery weed eater=C2=A0that we like, but the Consumer =
Reports user=C2=A0 comments cite a problem with keeping the Ego chain saw c=
hain on the bar, requiring frequent &quot;fixes&quot;, and I don&#39;t want=
 that PITA. We have a Ryobi One model and a bunch of batteries, but it&#39;=
s far too light duty for our needs. We want battery power since we&#39;ll o=
ften be too far away from power to use an extension crn.</div><div><br></di=
v><div>Thought I&#39;d see what experience those in the group have had.</di=
v><div><br></div><div>TIA,</div><div>RD</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>=
</div>

--00000000000036ac3505de6ee2b6--

--===============2320929605507826829==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============2320929605507826829==--