Subject: [Shop-talk] changing times...

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 17:04:02 -0500

The other day, I was at my local habitat restore, browsing tools. It's
very close to me, I pop in once a week or two, to look.
They clearly have gotten the estate of an old car guy, as various bits
of old test equipment and speciality automotive tools have been there
(when they get a bunch of stuff like that, they tend to parcel it out,
instead of putting it all out at once) over the last couple months.
The other day, there was a twenty something year old looking at a
tachometer/dwell engine analyzer.   he asked if I knew what it was.  I
attempted to explain.  I'm pretty sure he had no idea what a
distributor was, and the idea of points baffled him.   I'd said old
cars had them, he said 'like from the 80s?'.

-- 
David Scheidt
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive