Subject: [Shop-talk] Mower blade orientaaion relative to piston

From: Karl Vacek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 16:52:31 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0725890396941581773==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0007_01D74C06.320FA5C0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D74C06.320FA5C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Last time I sharpened my 21" walk-behind mower blade I thought of something
that's never occurred to me, after using the same brand of mower for 25
years..

On a Snapper, the blade can actually go on any way onto the square adapter
keyed to the crankshaft.  The mounting point is square, no pins, no longer
side, nothing.

One way would be aligned with the cylinder at TDC/BDC, and the other way
would be across.  It's been off many times and there's no way to tell how it
was mounted originally.  The manual is silent on this.

Power stroke shouldn't matter, but maybe some dynamic issue one way or the
other?

Thanks!
Karl

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D74C06.320FA5C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Last time I sharpened my 21&#8221; walk-behind mower =
blade I thought of something that&#8217;s never occurred to me, after =
using the same brand of mower for 25 years..<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>On a =
Snapper, the blade can actually go on any way onto the square adapter =
keyed to the crankshaft.&nbsp; The mounting point is square, no pins, no =
longer side, nothing.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>One way =
would be aligned with the cylinder at TDC/BDC, and the other way would =
be across. &nbsp;It&#8217;s been off many times and there&#8217;s no way =
to tell how it was mounted originally.&nbsp; The manual is silent on =
this.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Power stroke shouldn&#8217;t matter, but maybe some =
dynamic issue one way or the other?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks!<br>Karl<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D74C06.320FA5C0--

--===============0725890396941581773==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============0725890396941581773==--