Subject: [Shop-talk] Driveway Motion alarm question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 11:21:47 -0400 05/12/2021 11:21:48 AM, Serialize complete at 05/12/2021 11:21:48 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============8159046869888635147==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 00546486852586D3_=

I have a driveway motion alarm that has work well for years.  Recently, I 
had work on the house and had to move it.

Now, I get a lot of false alarms on sunny days.  It's (I believe) an 
infrared system.  The sensor just puts out a beam and does not require a 
reflector.

The new location is slight higher (about 1') than the old location and 
moved down a bit.  I can't put it back in the old location do to the 
changes.

If I put the sensor indoors, it works perfectly.  It also works perfectly 
at night or during rain.

The side opposite the sensor is a slight hill with grass.  I have 
completely removed all the grass to make sure that wasn't setting it off.

It seems to get false alarms for about an hour during midday on sunny 
days.

So it seems the sun as something to do with it, but what?  Any ideas I can 
try to stop the false alarms?

Thanks.

Moose
--=_alternative 00546486852586D3_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">I have a driveway motion alarm that has
work well for years. &nbsp;Recently, I had work on the house and had to
move it.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Now, I get a lot of false alarms on
sunny days. &nbsp;It's (I believe) an infrared system. &nbsp;The sensor
just puts out a beam and does not require a reflector.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">The new location is slight higher (about
1') than the old location and moved down a bit. &nbsp;I can't put it back
in the old location do to the changes.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">If I put the sensor indoors, it works
perfectly. &nbsp;It also works perfectly at night or during rain.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">The side opposite the sensor is a slight
hill with grass. &nbsp;I have completely removed all the grass to make
sure that wasn't setting it off.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">It seems to get false alarms for about
an hour during midday on sunny days.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">So it seems the sun as something to
do with it, but what? &nbsp;Any ideas I can try to stop the false alarms?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Moose</font>
--=_alternative 00546486852586D3_=--

--===============8159046869888635147==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============8159046869888635147==--