Subject: [Shop-talk] [OT] Unbelievable

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 21:01:42 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------1EFFCCC8F64A2CB514859F7F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Pardon me, I just gotta vent. Not being able to find these plumbing 
pieces at HD and Lowe's--even though their websites said they had 
bunches in stock--and at a plumbing supply, I finally broke down and 
ordered from Lowe's (2"<->2" elbow, external thread to slip joint, and a 
1.5" plug, for a different application). So, after FedEx apparently 
lost, then found, the shipment they showed up today. One problem: the 
jackass that packed them jammed the 1.5" plug into the threaded end of 
the elbow so hard it may be impossible to remove it without breaking the 
elbow. I'll get it in a vice when I get to my shop tomorrow, but there's 
no guarantee of successful extraction.

I get it; working the line at a warehouse is a shit job, but someone 
went out of their way to do this. I usually apply Hanlon's Razor--"Don't 
attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence"--but 
the plug is jammed in the elbow so hard someone really had to work at 
it. I hope it felt good.

Vent mode off.

Bob

--------------1EFFCCC8F64A2CB514859F7F
 name="elbow.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="elbow.JPG"

--------------1EFFCCC8F64A2CB514859F7F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--------------1EFFCCC8F64A2CB514859F7F--