Subject: [Shop-talk] LED Headlamps

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 21:29:17 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5746527199868438228==
 boundary="------------F9AA3700AC3EDC690E5B1290"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------F9AA3700AC3EDC690E5B1290
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Listers,

After realizing that holding a small flashlight with my teeth was 
probably a bad idea (and painful), I decided I needed a /good/ headband 
flashlight. I have a couple cheap ones, but they never seem to put out 
enough light for working on cars in a dark shop or in the grease pit. I 
see people using them on the tube, and they seem to work, but the two I 
have--both powered by a couple AAAs--aren't even as powerful as the 
cheap flashlights Harbor Freight gives away (which work a couple times 
then quit). After checking the Brazilian river/rainforest and a few 
review sites it seems they are all over the map, from $10/ea to over 
$100! The lumen ratings seem a bit suspicious too, with some Duracell 
brand Costco has on sale for a 3-pack rated at 550ea, and at least some 
claiming over 1,100 (for a few seconds bursts, anyway). Can anyone 
recommend one that actually lasts enough to find the bolt that fell down 
between the block and wheel well, and stays in place on your head?

TIA,
Bob

--------------F9AA3700AC3EDC690E5B1290
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Listers,<br>
    <br>
    After realizing that holding a small flashlight with my teeth was
    probably a bad idea (and painful), I decided I needed a <i>good</i>
    headband flashlight. I have a couple cheap ones, but they never seem
    to put out enough light for working on cars in a dark shop or in the
    grease pit. I see people using them on the tube, and they seem to
    work, but the two I have--both powered by a couple AAAs--aren't even
    as powerful as the cheap flashlights Harbor Freight gives away
    (which work a couple times then quit). After checking the Brazilian
    river/rainforest and a few review sites it seems they are all over
    the map, from $10/ea to over $100! The lumen ratings seem a bit
    suspicious too, with some Duracell brand Costco has on sale for a
    3-pack rated at 550ea, and at least some claiming over 1,100 (for a
    few seconds bursts, anyway). Can anyone recommend one that actually
    lasts enough to find the bolt that fell down between the block and
    wheel well, and stays in place on your head?<br>
    <br>
    TIA,<br>
    Bob<br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------F9AA3700AC3EDC690E5B1290--

--===============5746527199868438228==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============5746527199868438228==--