Subject: [Shop-talk] Replacement florescent bulbs F42T6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 08:04:45 -0500 02/05/2021 08:04:47 AM, Serialize complete at 02/05/2021 08:04:47 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============5396164839788946533==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0047D9DC85258673_=

Ok, this is a literal 'shop talk' problem, as this bulb is in a showcase 
in my shop (antique and collectables shop)  8>)  I hope there are no 
problems posting it here.  But I know there is better knowledge here than 
me.

So, this showcase has a florescent light bulb F42T6.  (42" and T6 
diameter.)  Which is a weird size length and very narrow, so I can't get a 
bigger diameter bulb.

Now, this bulb seems to only be available by price gougers, (Chosen Supply 
has them for a mere $2,443.92.) 

Since this is in a active store and I can't easily remove the display case 
to modify it to fit something else, is there any other alternative for me?

What I was thinking is they may be a LED replacement bulb that will fit or 
something?  Anyone know of such a replacement?  Or a quick and easy drop 
in replacement mount?

Also, I may be closing the store in the next 6 months, so I don't want to 
dump tons of cash into this.

BTW, if any of you are in NJ and check it out and see something you like 
in there, call me (number is on the wall) and it's yours for free! (I need 
to move inventory!)

Thanks.

"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 0047D9DC85258673_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Ok, this is a literal 'shop talk' problem,
as this bulb is in a showcase in my shop (antique and collectables shop)
&nbsp;8&gt;) &nbsp;I hope there are no problems posting it here. &nbsp;But
I know there is better knowledge here than me.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">So, this showcase has a florescent light
bulb F42T6. &nbsp;(42&quot; and T6 diameter.) &nbsp;Which is a weird size
length and very narrow, so I can't get a bigger diameter bulb.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Now, this bulb seems to only be available
by price gougers, (Chosen Supply has them for a mere $2,443.92.) &nbsp;</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Since this is in a active store and
I can't easily remove the display case to modify it to fit something else,
is there any other alternative for me?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">What I was thinking is they may be a
LED replacement bulb that will fit or something? &nbsp;Anyone know of such
a replacement? &nbsp;Or a quick and easy drop in replacement mount?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Also, I may be closing the store in
the next 6 months, so I don't want to dump tons of cash into this.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">BTW, if any of you are in NJ and check
it out and see something you like in there, call me (number is on the wall)
and it's yours for free! (I need to move inventory!)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>
--=_alternative 0047D9DC85258673_=--

--===============5396164839788946533==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============5396164839788946533==--