Subject: [Shop-talk] drawer glides

From: Peter Murray <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 20:49:24 -0500

--===============7368423275300379893==

--0000000000001f2b2005b9c3def6

Kind Lads and Lassies-

I received a 6-drawer danish dresser (3 drawers down, 2 across) from my
sister, and while it is in good condition, her kids were pretty hard on the
drawer glides, and they're in need of replacement. Unfortunately, the
glides have no manufacturer markings of any sort.

The vendor of the dresser (30 years ago) doesn't know where to acquire
replacement glides, so I ask of this Big Brain Trust - where would one find
replacements?

These are side-mount glides which mount in a groove in the side of the
drawer. Ideally, I'd find an exact replacement to these two-piece (plus
ball-bearings and plastic clip to keep the bearings in place). The 420mm
outer piece mounts in the drawer, the smaller, 343mm inner glide is mounted
on the dresser. The height of the glide has been the big challenge, as
they're about 27mm, though I'm going to get more precise with my measuring
to be sure).

I've seen what Rockler, Rufkahrs, The Hardware Hut, Cabinet Parts and
others have on offer, but I'm wondering if I'm looking in the wrong place,
or if I'm overthinking this. Underthinking is also a distinct possibility.

I supplicate myself to your superior intellect.

-Peter

--0000000000001f2b2005b9c3def6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Kind Lads and Lassies-<div><br></div><div>I received a 6-d=
rawer danish dresser (3 drawers down, 2 across) from my sister, and while i=
t is in good condition, her kids were pretty hard on the drawer glides, and=
 they&#39;re in need of replacement. Unfortunately, the glides have no manu=
facturer markings of any sort.<div><br></div><div>The vendor of the dresser=
 (30 years ago) doesn&#39;t know where to acquire replacement glides, so I =
ask of this Big Brain Trust - where would one find replacements?</div><div>=
<br></div><div>These are side-mount glides which mount in a groove in the s=
ide of the drawer. Ideally, I&#39;d find an exact replacement to these two-=
piece (plus ball-bearings and plastic clip to keep the bearings in place). =
The 420mm outer piece mounts in the drawer, the smaller, 343mm inner glide =
is mounted on the dresser. The height of the glide has been the big challen=
ge, as they&#39;re about 27mm, though I&#39;m going to get more precise wit=
h my measuring to be sure).</div><div><br></div><div>I&#39;ve seen what Roc=
kler, Rufkahrs, The Hardware Hut, Cabinet Parts and others have on offer, b=
ut I&#39;m wondering if I&#39;m looking in the=C2=A0wrong place, or if I&#3=
9;m overthinking this. Underthinking is also a distinct possibility.</div><=
div><br></div><div>I supplicate myself to your superior=C2=A0intellect.</di=
v><div><br></div><div>-Peter</div></div></div>

--0000000000001f2b2005b9c3def6--

--===============7368423275300379893==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============7368423275300379893==--