Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Soil stack venting issue

From: John Innis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 07:47:43 -0600

--===============1442058512963791306==

--000000000000aeca1805b5e012c1

I'd still suspect your roof vent.  Only time we ever had a vent problem it
was caused by animals trying to nest in or on the roof vent.  The plumber
we were working with insisted that he could not cover the vent pipe with
any sort of protector.  So after he left I made a wire cage box out of
stainless hardware cloth and never had another issue in the remaining 10
years we lived in that house.  I made the cage significantly larger than
the vent pipe.  I think it was about a 2.5" vent and there was at least 3"
or air space inside the cage on all sides.  I put a small piece of sheet
metal on the top of the cage directly over the vent pipe to keep any debris
out of the pipe should birds or other critters decide to nest on top of the
cage.  When we sold the house the home inspector flagged that as not being
to code, so I removed it and left it in the garage with a note for the
buyer.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 7:26 AM Jim Franklin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Maybe some of you have an innovative solution...
>
> My house has a single cast iron soil stack that does both drain and vent.
> When I flush the toilet, it sucks air from the tub drain. The toilet and
> tub enter the stack separately, but at the same height, using an oddly
> specific T with a 4" toilet and a 2" tub inlet about 45 degrees apart. The
> tub does not have its own vent. 2 years ago I had a plumber snake the vent
> from the roof, he found "stuff", and it was fixed. Last week it started
> again.
>
> My kitchen sink T's into the stack at knee height, so it's the highest
> item on the stack. My thought is, because it's a straight T, not a sanitary
> T, stuff from the sink is solidifying inside the T when the flow hits the
> back of the T, and eventually forming a cap of "stuff" just above the T
> entry, sealing off any venting. I can't tell if the sink is also being used
> as the toilet's vent because there are too many walls in the way to hear
> what's happening.
>
> My other thought is that the "stuff" is growing like a mold, and sealing
> it off. Does stuff grow in drains?
>
> Any thoughts on what it might be, and how to prevent it? I rarely put oils
> down the drain, and when I do they are cold and mixed with Dawn to emulsify
> it. There isn't enough canopy for leaves or squirrels to get in the roof
> vent.
>
> thanks,
> jim
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

-- 
=================================
= Never offend people with style when you   =
= can offend with substance --- Sam Brown  =
=================================

--000000000000aeca1805b5e012c1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I&#39;d still suspect your roof vent.=C2=A0 Only time we e=
ver had a vent problem it was caused by animals trying to nest in or on the=
 roof vent.=C2=A0 The plumber we were working with insisted that he could n=
ot cover the vent pipe with any sort of protector.=C2=A0 So after he left I=
 made a wire cage box out of stainless hardware cloth and never had another=
 issue in the remaining 10 years we lived in that house.=C2=A0 I made the c=
age significantly larger than the vent pipe.=C2=A0 I think it was about a 2=
.5&quot; vent and there was at least 3&quot; or air space inside the cage o=
n all sides.=C2=A0 I put a small piece of sheet metal on the top of the cag=
e directly over the vent pipe to keep any debris out of the pipe should bir=
ds or other critters decide to nest on top of the cage.=C2=A0 When we sold =
the house the home inspector flagged that as not being to code, so I remove=
d it and left it in the garage with a note for the buyer.<br></div><br><div=
 class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Dec 7,=
 2020 at 7:26 AM Jim Franklin &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=
>[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_=
quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,=
204);padding-left:1ex">Maybe some of you have an innovative solution...<br>
<br>
My house has a single cast iron soil stack that does both drain and vent. W=
hen I flush the toilet, it sucks air from the tub drain. The toilet and tub=
 enter the stack separately, but at the same height, using an oddly specifi=
c T with a 4&quot; toilet and a 2&quot; tub inlet about 45 degrees apart. T=
he tub does not have its own vent. 2 years ago I had a plumber snake the ve=
nt from the roof, he found &quot;stuff&quot;, and it was fixed. Last week i=
t started again.<br>
<br>
My kitchen sink T&#39;s into the stack at knee height, so it&#39;s the high=
est item on the stack. My thought is, because it&#39;s a straight T, not a =
sanitary T, stuff from the sink is solidifying inside the T when the flow h=
its the back of the T, and eventually forming a cap of &quot;stuff&quot; ju=
st above the T entry, sealing off any venting. I can&#39;t tell if the sink=
 is also being used as the toilet&#39;s vent because there are too many wal=
ls in the way to hear what&#39;s happening. <br>
<br>
My other thought is that the &quot;stuff&quot; is growing like a mold, and =
sealing it off. Does stuff grow in drains? <br>
<br>
Any thoughts on what it might be, and how to prevent it? I rarely put oils =
down the drain, and when I do they are cold and mixed with Dawn to emulsify=
 it. There isn&#39;t enough canopy for leaves or squirrels to get in the ro=
of vent. <br>
<br>
thanks,<br>
jim<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Shop-talk@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div><br clear=3D"all"><br>-- <br><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"g=
mail_signature">=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D<br>=3D Never offend people with =
style when you=C2=A0=C2=A0 =3D<br>=3D can offend with substance --- Sam Bro=
wn=C2=A0 =3D<br>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</div>

--000000000000aeca1805b5e012c1--

--===============1442058512963791306==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============1442058512963791306==--

---

From: Jimmie Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 08:53:33 -0500

If it's grease build-up, you might try periodically pouring a gallon or 
two of boiling water down the kitchen sink.

You might consider buying one of those cheap USB endoscopes from Amazon 
or Ebay.  I bought one for about $15 on Prime Day a couple years ago.  
The camera quality is pretty bad but they're pretty long...mine is about 
15 feet.  You could snake it down your kitchen drain clean-out and see 
for yourself what's going on inside your pipes.

On 12/7/20 08:25, Jim Franklin wrote:
> My house has a single cast iron soil stack that does both drain and vent. When I flush the toilet, it sucks air from the tub drain. The toilet and tub enter the stack separately, but at the same height, using an oddly specific T with a 4" toilet and a 2" tub inlet about 45 degrees apart. The tub does not have its own vent. 2 years ago I had a plumber snake the vent from the roof, he found "stuff", and it was fixed. Last week it started again.
>
> My kitchen sink T's into the stack at knee height, so it's the highest item on the stack. My thought is, because it's a straight T, not a sanitary T, stuff from the sink is solidifying inside the T when the flow hits the back of the T, and eventually forming a cap of "stuff" just above the T entry, sealing off any venting. I can't tell if the sink is also being used as the toilet's vent because there are too many walls in the way to hear what's happening.
>
> My other thought is that the "stuff" is growing like a mold, and sealing it off. Does stuff grow in drains?
>
> Any thoughts on what it might be, and how to prevent it? I rarely put oils down the drain, and when I do they are cold and mixed with Dawn to emulsify it. There isn't enough canopy for leaves or squirrels to get in the roof vent.
>
> thanks,
> jim
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

---

From: Benjamin Zwissler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 09:01:12 -0500

--===============4994328925601202224==

--000000000000fced8f05b5e0421d

I've had two similar issues.  Both solved and one may be helpful to you.
BTW, my house is all PVC drains, but I'm not sure that matters.

My clothes washer drain shared a pipe with a floor drain and utility tub
(sink).  The floor drain began gurgling when water drained from the other
two.  I tried flushing it but that didn't help.  What did help was using
some bacteria based drain cleaner.  It claims to have helpful bacteria
that, among other things, eat soap scum.  That has worked for many years,
except when I flush a lot of harsh cleaners down the utility sink.  I used
to do some auto part washing in that sink, but don't any longer and I
haven't had to add more bacterial cleaner for a long time.  My thought was
the harsh chemicals were killing the bacteria.

The other example was on my HVAC unit's condensate drain.  It was nothing
but a gravity drain and after many years it began backing up occasionally
and then flooding the whole unit with water.  I could disconnect it and
blow through it and that was enough to clear the clog.  Also using that
pipe was a bathroom and the kitchen sink/dishwasher.  I tried lots of
things (bleach, detergent, bacterial drain cleaners, etc) thinking mold,
moss, grease, etc was blocking it, but in the end I installed an HVAC sump
with a pump that collects a quart or so of water and then pumps it out.
That's worked flawlessly for a few years --- until the pump breaks.

Ben

Ben Zwissler
[email-masked]
812-343-5533
Columbus, IN

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 8:25 AM Jim Franklin <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

--000000000000fced8f05b5e0421d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I&#39;ve had two similar issues.=C2=A0 Both solved and one=
 may be helpful to you.=C2=A0 BTW, my house is all PVC drains, but I&#39;m =
not sure that matters.<div><br></div><div>My clothes washer drain shared a =
pipe with a floor drain and utility tub (sink).=C2=A0 The floor drain began=
 gurgling when water drained from the other two.=C2=A0 I tried flushing it =
but that didn&#39;t help.=C2=A0 What did help was using some bacteria based=
 drain cleaner.=C2=A0 It claims to have helpful bacteria that, among other =
things, eat soap scum.=C2=A0 That has worked for many years, except when I =
flush a lot of harsh cleaners down the utility sink.=C2=A0 I used to do som=
e auto part washing in that sink, but don&#39;t any longer and I haven&#39;=
t had to add more bacterial cleaner for a long time.=C2=A0 My thought was t=
he harsh chemicals were killing the bacteria.</div><div><br></div><div>The =
other example was on my HVAC unit&#39;s condensate drain.=C2=A0 It was noth=
ing but a gravity drain and after many years it began backing up occasional=
ly and then flooding the whole unit with water.=C2=A0 I could disconnect it=
 and blow through it and that was enough to clear the clog.=C2=A0 Also usin=
g that pipe was a bathroom and the kitchen sink/dishwasher.=C2=A0 I tried l=
ots of things (bleach, detergent, bacterial drain cleaners, etc) thinking m=
old, moss, grease, etc was blocking it, but in the end I installed an HVAC =
sump with a pump that collects a quart or so of water and then pumps it out=
.=C2=A0 That&#39;s worked flawlessly for a few years --- until the pump bre=
aks.</div><div><br></div><div>Ben</div><div><br></div><div><br clear=3D"all=
"><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_s=
ignature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div>Ben Zwissler<br>=
</div><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">bjzwissler@=
gmail.com</a><br></div><div>812-343-5533</div>Columbus, IN<br></div></div><=
/div></div></div><br></div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D=
"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 8:25 AM Jim Franklin &lt;=
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wr=
ote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px=
 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Maybe some =
of you have an innovative solution...<br>
<br>
My house has a single cast iron soil stack that does both drain and vent. W=
hen I flush the toilet, it sucks air from the tub drain. The toilet and tub=
 enter the stack separately, but at the same height, using an oddly specifi=
c T with a 4&quot; toilet and a 2&quot; tub inlet about 45 degrees apart. T=
he tub does not have its own vent. 2 years ago I had a plumber snake the ve=
nt from the roof, he found &quot;stuff&quot;, and it was fixed. Last week i=
t started again.<br>
<br>
My kitchen sink T&#39;s into the stack at knee height, so it&#39;s the high=
est item on the stack. My thought is, because it&#39;s a straight T, not a =
sanitary T, stuff from the sink is solidifying inside the T when the flow h=
its the back of the T, and eventually forming a cap of &quot;stuff&quot; ju=
st above the T entry, sealing off any venting. I can&#39;t tell if the sink=
 is also being used as the toilet&#39;s vent because there are too many wal=
ls in the way to hear what&#39;s happening. <br>
<br>
My other thought is that the &quot;stuff&quot; is growing like a mold, and =
sealing it off. Does stuff grow in drains? <br>
<br>
Any thoughts on what it might be, and how to prevent it? I rarely put oils =
down the drain, and when I do they are cold and mixed with Dawn to emulsify=
 it. There isn&#39;t enough canopy for leaves or squirrels to get in the ro=
of vent. <br>
<br>
thanks,<br>
jim<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Shop-talk@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000fced8f05b5e0421d--

--===============4994328925601202224==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4994328925601202224==--

---

From: "Tim ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 22:44:47 +0000

--===============1546076985114583390==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_DS7PR19MB4629A90EC5550D6C8BF3BF62B4CE0DS7PR19MB4629namp_"

--_000_DS7PR19MB4629A90EC5550D6C8BF3BF62B4CE0DS7PR19MB4629namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Any favorites out there or brands to avoid?
thanks

________________________________
From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> on behalf of Benjamin Zw=
issler <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, December 7, 2020 8:01 AM
To: Jim Franklin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Shop Talk <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Soil stack venting issue

I've had two similar issues.  Both solved and one may be helpful to you.  B=
TW, my house is all PVC drains, but I'm not sure that matters.

My clothes washer drain shared a pipe with a floor drain and utility tub (s=
ink).  The floor drain began gurgling when water drained from the other two=
.  I tried flushing it but that didn't help.  What did help was using some =
bacteria based drain cleaner.  It claims to have helpful bacteria that, amo=
ng other things, eat soap scum.  That has worked for many years, except whe=
n I flush a lot of harsh cleaners down the utility sink.  I used to do some=
 auto part washing in that sink, but don't any longer and I haven't had to =
add more bacterial cleaner for a long time.  My thought was the harsh chemi=
cals were killing the bacteria.

The other example was on my HVAC unit's condensate drain.  It was nothing b=
ut a gravity drain and after many years it began backing up occasionally an=
d then flooding the whole unit with water.  I could disconnect it and blow =
through it and that was enough to clear the clog.  Also using that pipe was=
 a bathroom and the kitchen sink/dishwasher.  I tried lots of things (bleac=
h, detergent, bacterial drain cleaners, etc) thinking mold, moss, grease, e=
tc was blocking it, but in the end I installed an HVAC sump with a pump tha=
t collects a quart or so of water and then pumps it out.  That's worked fla=
wlessly for a few years --- until the pump breaks.

Ben

Ben Zwissler
812-343-5533
Columbus, IN

[email-masked]>> wrote:
Maybe some of you have an innovative solution...

My house has a single cast iron soil stack that does both drain and vent. W=
hen I flush the toilet, it sucks air from the tub drain. The toilet and tub=
 enter the stack separately, but at the same height, using an oddly specifi=
c T with a 4" toilet and a 2" tub inlet about 45 degrees apart. The tub doe=
s not have its own vent. 2 years ago I had a plumber snake the vent from th=
e roof, he found "stuff", and it was fixed. Last week it started again.

My kitchen sink T's into the stack at knee height, so it's the highest item=
 on the stack. My thought is, because it's a straight T, not a sanitary T, =
stuff from the sink is solidifying inside the T when the flow hits the back=
 of the T, and eventually forming a cap of "stuff" just above the T entry, =
sealing off any venting. I can't tell if the sink is also being used as the=
 toilet's vent because there are too many walls in the way to hear what's h=
appening.

My other thought is that the "stuff" is growing like a mold, and sealing it=
 off. Does stuff grow in drains?

Any thoughts on what it might be, and how to prevent it? I rarely put oils =
down the drain, and when I do they are cold and mixed with Dawn to emulsify=
 it. There isn't enough canopy for leaves or squirrels to get in the roof v=
ent.

thanks,
jim

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/arch=
ive

[email-masked]

--_000_DS7PR19MB4629A90EC5550D6C8BF3BF62B4CE0DS7PR19MB4629namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
Any favorites out there or brands to avoid?&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt;=
 color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
thanks</div>
<div>
<div id=3D"appendonsend"></div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; col=
or:rgb(0,0,0)">
<br>
</div>
<hr tabindex=3D"-1" style=3D"display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" co=
lor=3D"#000000" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b> Shop-talk &lt;shop-ta=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of Benjamin Zwissler &lt;bjzwissler=
@gmail.com&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, December 7, 2020 8:01 AM<br>
<b>To:</b> Jim Franklin &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Cc:</b> Shop Talk &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Shop-talk] Soil stack venting issue</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">I've had two similar issues.&nbsp; Both solved and one may=
 be helpful to you.&nbsp; BTW, my house is all PVC drains, but I'm not sure=
 that matters.
<div><br>
</div>
<div>My clothes washer drain shared a pipe with a floor drain and utility t=
ub (sink).&nbsp; The floor drain began gurgling when water drained from the=
 other two.&nbsp; I tried flushing it but that didn't help.&nbsp; What did =
help was using some bacteria based drain cleaner.&nbsp;
 It claims to have helpful bacteria that, among other things, eat soap scum=
.&nbsp; That has worked for many years, except when I flush a lot of harsh =
cleaners down the utility sink.&nbsp; I used to do some auto part washing i=
n that sink, but don't any longer and I haven't
 had to add more bacterial cleaner for a long time.&nbsp; My thought was th=
e harsh chemicals were killing the bacteria.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>The other example was on my HVAC unit's condensate drain.&nbsp; It was=
 nothing but a gravity drain and after many years it began backing up occas=
ionally and then flooding the whole unit with water.&nbsp; I could disconne=
ct it and blow through it and that was enough
 to clear the clog.&nbsp; Also using that pipe was a bathroom and the kitch=
en sink/dishwasher.&nbsp; I tried lots of things (bleach, detergent, bacter=
ial drain cleaners, etc) thinking mold, moss, grease, etc was blocking it, =
but in the end I installed an HVAC sump with
 a pump that collects a quart or so of water and then pumps it out.&nbsp; T=
hat's worked flawlessly for a few years --- until the pump breaks.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Ben</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div><br clear=3D"all">
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"x_gmail_signature">
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div>
<div>Ben Zwissler<br>
</div>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">bjzwissler@gmail.=
com</a><br>
</div>
<div>812-343-5533</div>
Columbus, IN<br>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<br>
</div>
</div>
<br>
<div class=3D"x_gmail_quote">
<div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"x_gmail_attr">On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 8:25 AM Jim =
Franklin &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
rg</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
</div>
<blockquote class=3D"x_gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; bord=
er-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204); padding-left:1ex">
Maybe some of you have an innovative solution...<br>
<br>
My house has a single cast iron soil stack that does both drain and vent. W=
hen I flush the toilet, it sucks air from the tub drain. The toilet and tub=
 enter the stack separately, but at the same height, using an oddly specifi=
c T with a 4&quot; toilet and a 2&quot; tub
 inlet about 45 degrees apart. The tub does not have its own vent. 2 years =
ago I had a plumber snake the vent from the roof, he found &quot;stuff&quot=
;, and it was fixed. Last week it started again.<br>
<br>
My kitchen sink T's into the stack at knee height, so it's the highest item=
 on the stack. My thought is, because it's a straight T, not a sanitary T, =
stuff from the sink is solidifying inside the T when the flow hits the back=
 of the T, and eventually forming
 a cap of &quot;stuff&quot; just above the T entry, sealing off any venting=
. I can't tell if the sink is also being used as the toilet's vent because =
there are too many walls in the way to hear what's happening.
<br>
<br>
My other thought is that the &quot;stuff&quot; is growing like a mold, and =
sealing it off. Does stuff grow in drains?
<br>
<br>
Any thoughts on what it might be, and how to prevent it? I rarely put oils =
down the drain, and when I do they are cold and mixed with Dawn to emulsify=
 it. There isn't enough canopy for leaves or squirrels to get in the roof v=
ent.
<br>
<br>
thanks,<br>
jim<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Shop-talk@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
et=3D"_blank">
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">
http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.ne=
t/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">
http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br=
<br>
</blockquote>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_DS7PR19MB4629A90EC5550D6C8BF3BF62B4CE0DS7PR19MB4629namp_--

--===============1546076985114583390==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1546076985114583390==--

---

From: Benjamin Zwissler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 17:54:09 -0500

--===============6290090405244584405==

--000000000000e5dd3705b5e7b4bd

It's been a few years, but bought it either at Lowe's or Walmart and it was
a quart size plastic bottle with a powder you mixed with warm water.  I
think it was roebic brand.

Ben

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020, 5:47 PM Tim . <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ------------------------------
> *From:* Shop-talk <[email-masked]> on behalf of
> Benjamin Zwissler <[email-masked]>
> *Sent:* Monday, December 7, 2020 8:01 AM
> *To:* Jim Franklin <[email-masked]>
> *Cc:* Shop Talk <[email-masked]>
> *Subject:* Re: [Shop-talk] Soil stack venting issue
>

--000000000000e5dd3705b5e7b4bd
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">It&#39;s been a few years, but bought it either at Lowe&#=
39;s or Walmart and it was a quart size plastic bottle with a powder you mi=
xed with warm water.=C2=A0 I think it was roebic brand.<div dir=3D"auto"><b=
r></div><div dir=3D"auto">Ben</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><di=
v dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Dec 7, 2020, 5:47 PM Tim . &lt;<=
a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
om</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margi=
n:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color=
:rgb(0,0,0)">
Any favorites out there or brands to avoid?=C2=A0</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color=
:rgb(0,0,0)">
thanks</div>
<div>
<div id=3D"m_-4183658023265361488appendonsend"></div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color=
:rgb(0,0,0)">
<br>
</div>
<hr style=3D"display:inline-block;width:98%">
<div id=3D"m_-4183658023265361488divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"C=
alibri, sans-serif" color=3D"#000000" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b>=
 Shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=
=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt; on =
behalf of Benjamin Zwissler &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" tar=
get=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, December 7, 2020 8:01 AM<br>
<b>To:</b> Jim Franklin &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" targe=
t=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Cc:</b> Shop Talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=
=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: [Shop-talk] Soil stack venting issue</font>
<div>=C2=A0</div>
</div>
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">I&#39;ve had two similar issues.=C2=A0 Both solved and one=
 may be helpful to you.=C2=A0 BTW, my house is all PVC drains, but I&#39;m =
not sure that matters.
<div><br>
</div>
<div>My clothes washer drain shared a pipe with a floor drain and utility t=
ub (sink).=C2=A0 The floor drain began gurgling when water drained from the=
 other two.=C2=A0 I tried flushing it but that didn&#39;t help.=C2=A0 What =
did help was using some bacteria based drain cleaner.=C2=A0
 It claims to have helpful bacteria that, among other things, eat soap scum=
.=C2=A0 That has worked for many years, except when I flush a lot of harsh =
cleaners down the utility sink.=C2=A0 I used to do some auto part washing i=
n that sink, but don&#39;t any longer and I haven&#39;t
 had to add more bacterial cleaner for a long time.=C2=A0 My thought was th=
e harsh chemicals were killing the bacteria.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>The other example was on my HVAC unit&#39;s condensate drain.=C2=A0 It=
 was nothing but a gravity drain and after many years it began backing up o=
ccasionally and then flooding the whole unit with water.=C2=A0 I could disc=
onnect it and blow through it and that was enough
 to clear the clog.=C2=A0 Also using that pipe was a bathroom and the kitch=
en sink/dishwasher.=C2=A0 I tried lots of things (bleach, detergent, bacter=
ial drain cleaners, etc) thinking mold, moss, grease, etc was blocking it, =
but in the end I installed an HVAC sump with
 a pump that collects a quart or so of water and then pumps it out.=C2=A0 T=
hat&#39;s worked flawlessly for a few years --- until the pump breaks.</div=
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Ben</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div><br clear=3D"all">
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div>
<div>Ben Zwissler<br>
</div>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer=
">[email-masked]</a><br>
</div>
<div>812-343-5533</div>
Columbus, IN<br>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<br>
</div>
</div>
<br>
<div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 8:25 AM Jim Franklin &lt;<a href=3D=
"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">jamesf=
@groupwbench.org</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
</div>
<blockquote style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204=
,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
Maybe some of you have an innovative solution...<br>
<br>
My house has a single cast iron soil stack that does both drain and vent. W=
hen I flush the toilet, it sucks air from the tub drain. The toilet and tub=
 enter the stack separately, but at the same height, using an oddly specifi=
c T with a 4&quot; toilet and a 2&quot; tub
 inlet about 45 degrees apart. The tub does not have its own vent. 2 years =
ago I had a plumber snake the vent from the roof, he found &quot;stuff&quot=
;, and it was fixed. Last week it started again.<br>
<br>
My kitchen sink T&#39;s into the stack at knee height, so it&#39;s the high=
est item on the stack. My thought is, because it&#39;s a straight T, not a =
sanitary T, stuff from the sink is solidifying inside the T when the flow h=
its the back of the T, and eventually forming
 a cap of &quot;stuff&quot; just above the T entry, sealing off any venting=
. I can&#39;t tell if the sink is also being used as the toilet&#39;s vent =
because there are too many walls in the way to hear what&#39;s happening.
<br>
<br>
My other thought is that the &quot;stuff&quot; is growing like a mold, and =
sealing it off. Does stuff grow in drains?
<br>
<br>
Any thoughts on what it might be, and how to prevent it? I rarely put oils =
down the drain, and when I do they are cold and mixed with Dawn to emulsify=
 it. There isn&#39;t enough canopy for leaves or squirrels to get in the ro=
of vent.
<br>
<br>
thanks,<br>
jim<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"norefe=
rrer">[email-masked]</a><br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">
http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.ne=
t/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">
http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br=
<br>
</blockquote>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"norefe=
rrer">[email-masked]</a><br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</=
a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" =
target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">h=
ttp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000e5dd3705b5e7b4bd--

--===============6290090405244584405==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6290090405244584405==--

---

From: Jim Franklin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 17:03:12 -0500

--===============5606108858420607240==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_0B3BECC2-F233-4454-A7A2-D43A1ABFEE4B"

--Apple-Mail=_0B3BECC2-F233-4454-A7A2-D43A1ABFEE4B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

I would have bet a case of beer the boiling water wouldn't work, because =
it would be too cool before it reached the grease attached to a giant =
cast iron tee, and also it wouldn't get splashed onto enough grease to =
melt it. However, a few gallons of hot sink water followed by a gallon =
of boiling water, all while plunging furiously, did absolutely nothing =
at first, but then a few hours later there was no gurgling from the tub =
and it's been silent for a few days.=20

I'll get some of that bacteria/enzyme stuff as preventative maintenance.=20=

The scope sounds like a great idea but the only access I have is from =
the roof and it's about 12 feet from vent to to sink entry point. If =
there's a dry day I'll drop a rock on a string down there and see what =
happens.=20

Thanks all!

jim

> On Dec 7, 2020, at 8:53 AM, Jimmie Mayfield =
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> If it's grease build-up, you might try periodically pouring a gallon =
or two of boiling water down the kitchen sink.
>=20
> You might consider buying one of those cheap USB endoscopes from =
Amazon or Ebay.  I bought one for about $15 on Prime Day a couple years =
ago.  The camera quality is pretty bad but they're pretty long...mine is =
about 15 feet.  You could snake it down your kitchen drain clean-out and =
see for yourself what's going on inside your pipes.
>=20
>=20
>>=20
>> My house has a single cast iron soil stack that does both drain and =
vent. When I flush the toilet, it sucks air from the tub drain. The =
toilet and tub enter the stack separately, but at the same height, using =
an oddly specific T with a 4" toilet and a 2" tub inlet about 45 degrees =
apart. The tub does not have its own vent. 2 years ago I had a plumber =
snake the vent from the roof, he found "stuff", and it was fixed. Last =
week it started again.
>>=20
>> My kitchen sink T's into the stack at knee height, so it's the =
highest item on the stack. My thought is, because it's a straight T, not =
a sanitary T, stuff from the sink is solidifying inside the T when the =
flow hits the back of the T, and eventually forming a cap of "stuff" =
just above the T entry, sealing off any venting. I can't tell if the =
sink is also being used as the toilet's vent because there are too many =
walls in the way to hear what's happening.
>>=20
>> My other thought is that the "stuff" is growing like a mold, and =
>>=20
>> Any thoughts on what it might be, and how to prevent it? I rarely put =
oils down the drain, and when I do they are cold and mixed with Dawn to =
emulsify it. There isn't enough canopy for leaves or squirrels to get in =
the roof vent.
>>=20
>>=20
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
>>=20
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/mayfield+shoptalk@sackhead=
s.org =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/mayfield+shoptalk@sackhea=
ds.org>
>>=20
>=20
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html =
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
<http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk> http://autox.team.net/archive =
<http://autox.team.net/archive>
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail=_0B3BECC2-F233-4454-A7A2-D43A1ABFEE4B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">I =
would have bet a case of beer the boiling water wouldn't work, because =
it would be too cool before it reached the grease attached to a giant =
cast iron tee, and also it wouldn't get splashed onto enough grease to =
melt it. However, a few gallons of hot sink water followed by a gallon =
of boiling water, all while plunging furiously, did absolutely nothing =
at first, but then a few hours later there was no gurgling from the tub =
and it's been silent for a few days.&nbsp;<div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">I'll get some of that bacteria/enzyme =
stuff as preventative maintenance.&nbsp;</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">The scope sounds like a great idea but =
the only access I have is from the roof and it's about 12 feet from vent =
to to sink entry point. If there's a dry day I'll drop a rock on a =
string down there and see what happens.&nbsp;</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Thanks all!</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">jim<br class=3D""><div><br =
class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div class=3D"">On Dec =
7, 2020, at 8:53 AM, Jimmie Mayfield &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D"">If it's grease build-up, you =
might try periodically pouring a gallon or two of boiling water down the =
kitchen sink.</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none; float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D"">You might =
consider buying one of those cheap USB endoscopes from Amazon or =
Ebay.&nbsp; I bought one for about $15 on Prime Day a couple years =
ago.&nbsp; The camera quality is pretty bad but they're pretty =
long...mine is about 15 feet.&nbsp; You could snake it down your kitchen =
drain clean-out and see for yourself what's going on inside your =
pipes.</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none; float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D"">On 12/7/20 =
08:25, Jim Franklin wrote:</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D"">Maybe some of you have an innovative =
solution...<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">My house has a single cast iron =
soil stack that does both drain and vent. When I flush the toilet, it =
sucks air from the tub drain. The toilet and tub enter the stack =
separately, but at the same height, using an oddly specific T with a 4" =
toilet and a 2" tub inlet about 45 degrees apart. The tub does not have =
its own vent. 2 years ago I had a plumber snake the vent from the roof, =
he found "stuff", and it was fixed. Last week it started again.<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D"">My kitchen sink T's into the stack at knee =
height, so it's the highest item on the stack. My thought is, because =
it's a straight T, not a sanitary T, stuff from the sink is solidifying =
inside the T when the flow hits the back of the T, and eventually =
forming a cap of "stuff" just above the T entry, sealing off any =
venting. I can't tell if the sink is also being used as the toilet's =
vent because there are too many walls in the way to hear what's =
happening.<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">My other thought is that the =
"stuff" is growing like a mold, and sealing it off. Does stuff grow in =
drains?<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">Any thoughts on what it might be, =
and how to prevent it? I rarely put oils down the drain, and when I do =
they are cold and mixed with Dawn to emulsify it. There isn't enough =
canopy for leaves or squirrels to get in the roof vent.<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">thanks,<br class=3D"">jim<br =
class=3D"">_______________________________________________<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br class=3D"">Donate: =
&nbsp;$12.96<br class=3D"">Archive: =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/mayfield+shoptalk@=
sackheads.org" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/mayfield+shopta=
[email-masked]</a><br class=3D""><br class=3D""></blockquote><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">_______________________________________________</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, =
0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Donate:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.96</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D"">Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/jamesf@groupwbench=
.org" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/jamesf@groupwbe=
nch.org</a></div></blockquote></div><br class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_0B3BECC2-F233-4454-A7A2-D43A1ABFEE4B--

--===============5606108858420607240==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5606108858420607240==--

---

From: Jimmie Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 21:39:30 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============5101705916528090727==
 boundary="------------914CF6D65E26B5BA79904E2D"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------914CF6D65E26B5BA79904E2D
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Glad it seemed to work for you. Growing up, mom would pour a couple pots 
of boiling water down the kitchen drain every few weeks.  I can't say it 
was 100% effective since I remember several times having to help dad 
disassemble the plumbing to clean out the pipes on the driveway.  But I 
guess when done regularly it might help prevent large grease deposits 
from forming near the sink.

On 12/12/20 5:03 PM, Jim Franklin wrote:
> I would have bet a case of beer the boiling water wouldn't work, 
> because it would be too cool before it reached the grease attached to 
> a giant cast iron tee, and also it wouldn't get splashed onto enough 
> grease to melt it. However, a few gallons of hot sink water followed 
> by a gallon of boiling water, all while plunging furiously, did 
> absolutely nothing at first, but then a few hours later there was no 
> gurgling from the tub and it's been silent for a few days.
>
> I'll get some of that bacteria/enzyme stuff as preventative maintenance.
>
> The scope sounds like a great idea but the only access I have is from 
> the roof and it's about 12 feet from vent to to sink entry point. If 
> there's a dry day I'll drop a rock on a string down there and see what 
> happens.
>
> Thanks all!
>
> jim
>
>> On Dec 7, 2020, at 8:53 AM, Jimmie Mayfield 
>> <[email-masked] 
>>
>> If it's grease build-up, you might try periodically pouring a gallon 
>> You might consider buying one of those cheap USB endoscopes from 
>> Amazon or Ebay.  I bought one for about $15 on Prime Day a couple 
>> years ago.  The camera quality is pretty bad but they're pretty 
>> long...mine is about 15 feet.  You could snake it down your kitchen 
>> drain clean-out and see for yourself what's going on inside your pipes.
>>
>>
>>> My house has a single cast iron soil stack that does both drain and 
>>> vent. When I flush the toilet, it sucks air from the tub drain. The 
>>> toilet and tub enter the stack separately, but at the same height, 
>>> using an oddly specific T with a 4" toilet and a 2" tub inlet about 
>>> 45 degrees apart. The tub does not have its own vent. 2 years ago I 
>>> had a plumber snake the vent from the roof, he found "stuff", and it 
>>> was fixed. Last week it started again.
>>>
>>> My kitchen sink T's into the stack at knee height, so it's the 
>>> highest item on the stack. My thought is, because it's a straight T, 
>>> not a sanitary T, stuff from the sink is solidifying inside the T 
>>> when the flow hits the back of the T, and eventually forming a cap 
>>> of "stuff" just above the T entry, sealing off any venting. I can't 
>>> tell if the sink is also being used as the toilet's vent because 
>>> My other thought is that the "stuff" is growing like a mold, and 
>>> Any thoughts on what it might be, and how to prevent it? I rarely 
>>> put oils down the drain, and when I do they are cold and mixed with 
>>> Dawn to emulsify it. There isn't enough canopy for leaves or 
>>> squirrels to get in the roof vent.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> jim
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked] 
>>> <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]>
>>>
>>
>> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk 
>> <http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk>http://autox.team.net/archive 
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked] 

--------------914CF6D65E26B5BA79904E2D
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Glad it seemed to work for you. 
      Growing up, mom would pour a couple pots of boiling water down the
      kitchen drain every few weeks.  I can't say it was 100% effective
      since I remember several times having to help dad disassemble the
      plumbing to clean out the pipes on the driveway.  But I guess when
      done regularly it might help prevent large grease deposits from
      forming near the sink.<br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 12/12/20 5:03 PM, Jim Franklin
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      I would have bet a case of beer the boiling water wouldn't work,
      because it would be too cool before it reached the grease attached
      to a giant cast iron tee, and also it wouldn't get splashed onto
      enough grease to melt it. However, a few gallons of hot sink water
      followed by a gallon of boiling water, all while plunging
      furiously, did absolutely nothing at first, but then a few hours
      later there was no gurgling from the tub and it's been silent for
      a few days. 
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">I'll get some of that bacteria/enzyme stuff as
        preventative maintenance. </div>
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">The scope sounds like a great idea but the only
        access I have is from the roof and it's about 12 feet from vent
        to to sink entry point. If there's a dry day I'll drop a rock on
        a string down there and see what happens. </div>
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">Thanks all!</div>
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">jim<br class="">
        <div><br class="">
          <blockquote type="cite" class="">
            <div class="">On Dec 7, 2020, at 8:53 AM, Jimmie Mayfield
              &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                class="" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
              wrote:</div>
            <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
            <div class=""><span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
                font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style:
                normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">If it's grease build-up, you might
                try periodically pouring a gallon or two of boiling
                water down the kitchen sink.</span><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">You might consider buying one of
                those cheap USB endoscopes from Amazon or Ebay.  I
                bought one for about $15 on Prime Day a couple years
                ago.  The camera quality is pretty bad but they're
                pretty long...mine is about 15 feet.  You could snake it
                down your kitchen drain clean-out and see for yourself
                what's going on inside your pipes.</span><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">On 12/7/20 08:25, Jim Franklin
                wrote:</span><br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
                font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style:
                normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <blockquote type="cite" style="font-family: Helvetica;
                font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
                orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"
                class="">Maybe some of you have an innovative
                solution...<br class="">
                <br class="">
                My house has a single cast iron soil stack that does
                both drain and vent. When I flush the toilet, it sucks
                air from the tub drain. The toilet and tub enter the
                stack separately, but at the same height, using an oddly
                specific T with a 4" toilet and a 2" tub inlet about 45
                degrees apart. The tub does not have its own vent. 2
                years ago I had a plumber snake the vent from the roof,
                he found "stuff", and it was fixed. Last week it started
                again.<br class="">
                <br class="">
                My kitchen sink T's into the stack at knee height, so
                it's the highest item on the stack. My thought is,
                because it's a straight T, not a sanitary T, stuff from
                the sink is solidifying inside the T when the flow hits
                the back of the T, and eventually forming a cap of
                "stuff" just above the T entry, sealing off any venting.
                I can't tell if the sink is also being used as the
                toilet's vent because there are too many walls in the
                way to hear what's happening.<br class="">
                <br class="">
                My other thought is that the "stuff" is growing like a
                mold, and sealing it off. Does stuff grow in drains?<br
                  class="">
                <br class="">
                Any thoughts on what it might be, and how to prevent it?
                I rarely put oils down the drain, and when I do they are
                cold and mixed with Dawn to emulsify it. There isn't
                enough canopy for leaves or squirrels to get in the roof
                vent.<br class="">
                <br class="">
                thanks,<br class="">
                jim<br class="">
                _______________________________________________<br
                  class="">
                <br class="">
                <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class=""
                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br
                  class="">
                Donate: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br class="">
                Suggested annual donation  $12.96<br class="">
                Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a>
                <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br class="">
                <br class="">
                Unsubscribe/Manage:<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]"
                  class="" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br
                  class="">
                <br class="">
              </blockquote>
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">_______________________________________________</span><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=""
                moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">Donate:<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=""
                moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">Suggested annual donation  $12.96</span><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">Archive:<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"
                style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=""
                moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a><span
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class=""><span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                href="http://autox.team.net/archive" style="font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align:
                start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none;
                white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px;
                -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=""
                moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]"
                style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=""
                moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a></div>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
        <br class="">
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <p><br>
    </p>
  </body>
</html>

--------------914CF6D65E26B5BA79904E2D--

--===============5101705916528090727==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5101705916528090727==--