Subject: [Shop-talk] Kitchen vent hood?

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 09:18:18 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------B5475D7B7116C66737AEFFBF
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

If you happen to be a friend on Facebook, you know how much I like 
cooking.  Sometimes I make a mess, stink up the place with whatever I'm 
working on.  I made some blackened shrimp one time, and got my cast iron 
skillet hot enough so that the butter coated shrimp burst into flames 
when they hit the pan.

I'm thinking a nice vent hood to pipe some of the fumes and such outside 
would be a nice addition.  Has anyone added such a device to their own 
kitchen?  Tips, tricks, recommendations?

mjb.

--------------B5475D7B7116C66737AEFFBF
 name="stainless-steel-cosmo-wall-mount-range-hoods-cos-668as750-64_1000.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename*0="stainless-steel-cosmo-wall-mount-range-hoods-cos-668as750-64";
 filename*1="_1000.jpg"

--------------B5475D7B7116C66737AEFFBF
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--------------B5475D7B7116C66737AEFFBF--

---

From: Pat Horne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 12:08:27 -0500

True. Make up air can be a problem. For cooler climates there are heat exchangers that Transfer heat from exhaust vents (like the vent hood or fart fans) & add it back into exterior air being drawn in. 

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne 
We support Habitat for Humanity

On Sep 19, 2020, at 11:45 AM, Steven Trovato <[email-masked]> wrote:

My stove hood has a fan in the attic that then vents out the side wall.  Definitely quieter.  They make different cfm models.  If you have a reasonably tight house and a fireplace or furnace, a big fan can reverse the flow in the flue and cause CO or smoke problems.  It's not usually a problem with typical consumer stuff, but if you want to suck pets into space like Jim, you should consider where the replacement air is going to come from.

-Steve T.

-- 
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]