Subject: [Shop-talk] First ever Shop Talk treasure hunt- PRIZE for winner--- CONGRATS to Michael Porter

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 09:36:23 -0400 09/15/2020 09:36:24 AM, Serialize complete at 09/15/2020 09:36:24 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============5414944121660917416==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 004ABE27852585E4_=

So the blades arrived and they fit.  So Michael Porter is our winner!

$50 was just donated to Fat Chance garage and as soon as I hear what type 
of card Michael wants, that will go out as well!

Thanks to everyone that helped out and tried.  There will be more contest 
in the future.

One interesting thing about the blades, they are not as 'worked over' as 
the stock ones.  They are clearly meant to be stamped out as cheaply as 
possible.

They weight more than the stock ones as a result, but that works out 
better as they cut way better in the taller stuff!

Thanks again!

Moose

"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 004ABE27852585E4_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">So the blades arrived and they fit. &nbsp;So
</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">Michael Porter</font><font size=2 face="sans-serif">
is our winner!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">$50 was just donated to Fat Chance garage
and as soon as I hear what type of card Michael wants, that will go out
as well!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks to everyone that helped out and
tried. &nbsp;There will be more contest in the future.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">One interesting thing about the blades,
they are not as 'worked over' as the stock ones. &nbsp;They are clearly
meant to be stamped out as cheaply as possible.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">They weight more than the stock ones
as a result, but that works out better as they cut way better in the taller
stuff!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks again!</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Moose</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>
--=_alternative 004ABE27852585E4_=--

--===============5414944121660917416==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============5414944121660917416==--

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 15:31:09 -0600

On 9/15/20 7:36 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> So the blades arrived and they fit.  So Michael Porteris our winner!
>
> $50 was just donated to Fat Chance garage and as soon as I hear what 
> type of card Michael wants, that will go out as well!
>
> Thanks to everyone that helped out and tried.  There will be more 
> contest in the future.
>
> One interesting thing about the blades, they are not as 'worked over' 
> as the stock ones.  They are clearly meant to be stamped out as 
> cheaply as possible.
>

Cool, thanks!

And a little side note about blades and their weight.  For a year or so 
I was a parts runner for a local auto parts distributor, who also was 
the largest Briggs & Stratton distributor in the area.  One day I 
delivered a couple boxes of edger blades to the U of U groundskeepers. 
The boxes were a bit smaller than your average facial tissue box, but 
trust me, they weighed a LOT more. Basically they were as heavy as two 
blocks of steel in that size. I walk in carrying these two boxes, 
obviously with a bit of difficulty.  Some kid comes over and with this 
sort of "you wimpy old fart" smug look on his face and extends his arms 
to get the boxes.  Poor guy nearly fell over once he had them in hand, 
he was NOT expecting them to be that heavy.

mjb.

[email-masked]

utox.team.net