Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Time Warp? 1993 or 1994?

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 08:46:27 -0700

I had a similar issue with my '96 Ranger: the rubber pad on the cruise 
control buttons dissolved--yep, dissolved, a known problem--and the 
'official' replacement part didn't fit, but another year/model (mostly 
the same platform as the contemporary Explorer) did. Since your 150 is a 
relatively early '94 it's conceivable they used-up any '93 parts still 
on the shelf (British cars are famous/notorious for this sort of thing).

On 8/1/2020 8:38 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Can anyone explain what I might be seeing here.
>
> I have a F150 Ford pick up, tag on door is dated "3/1994"
> The VIN, title, Carfax all say it's a 1994.
>
> Every time I get a part for it, they don't fit. If I order the 1993 part, it's perfect.
> This has happened with oil pan, alternator, motor mounts, etc. These are major parts and the difference huge.
>
> What can be going on here? All paperwork and official docs show this as a 1994, but all the parts seem to be 1993.
>
> Any ideas? I still have work to do on the truck and I hate ordering the wrong parts.
>
>
>
>
>
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson -Who is John Galt?
> _______________________________________________
>

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

---

From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 11:15:11 -0500

> on the shelf (British cars are famous/notorious for this sort of thing).

Everyone does that.

94 was the year the diesel changed from the navistar whatever to
powerstroke, , which happened in the middle of the year, probably
overlapping .   It might be related to that.

-- 
David Scheidt
[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Ian McFetridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 15:49:40 -0400

--===============3062429042849465216==

--00000000000070984d05abd63570

--00000000000070984b05abd6356f

Hey Eric,

Small world.  I had a 1994 F150 (pic below, fire truck red!  LOL) and it
was actually a 1993.5 MY (tagged and sold as 1994), so your experience
makes perfect sense.
 (

Thanks,
Ian

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 11:39 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
> being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph
> Waldo Emerson -Who is John Galt?
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

--00000000000070984b05abd6356f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Hey Eric,</div><div><br></div><div>Small world.=C2=A0=
 I had a 1994 F150 (pic below, fire truck red!=C2=A0 LOL) and it was actual=
ly a 1993.5 MY (tagged and sold as 1994), so your experience makes perfect =
sense.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><div><img src=3D"cid:ii_kdc2hyvt0" alt=3D"F150 001.=
jpg" width=3D"562" height=3D"422">=C2=A0(<br></div><div><br></div><div>Than=
ks,<br>Ian</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=
=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 11:39 AM &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:eric@=
megageek.com">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rg=
b(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Can anyone explain what I might be seeing =
here.<br>
<br>
I have a F150 Ford pick up, tag on door is dated &quot;3/1994&quot;<br>
The VIN, title, Carfax all say it&#39;s a 1994.<br>
<br>
Every time I get a part for it, they don&#39;t fit. If I order the 1993 par=
t, it&#39;s perfect.<br>
This has happened with oil pan, alternator, motor mounts, etc. These are ma=
jor parts and the difference huge.<br>
<br>
What can be going on here? All paperwork and official docs show this as a 1=
994, but all the parts seem to be 1993.<br>
<br>
Any ideas? I still have work to do on the truck and I hate ordering the wro=
ng parts.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a ratio=
nal being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; R=
alph Waldo Emerson -Who is John Galt?<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Shop-talk@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://=
autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--00000000000070984b05abd6356f--

--00000000000070984d05abd63570
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="F150 001.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <ii_kdc2hyvt0>

--00000000000070984d05abd63570--

--===============3062429042849465216==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3062429042849465216==--