Subject: [Shop-talk] Air Compressor threw a rod

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 17:27:44 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============9111029947902330452==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002C_01D66504.683581E0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D66504.683581E0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_002D_01D66504.683581E0"

------=_NextPart_001_002D_01D66504.683581E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

So I bought a Sears Craftsman 6.5 HP 2-cylinder oil-less air compressor
used. Since I bought it used, I don't know how old it is, or how it was
used. Recently I fired it up and it began making a noise, so I shut it down,
and found lots of plastic parts on the shop floor. Upon inspection, it has
thrown a rod on one cylinder. The plastic parts were from the fan.  The
issue is finding a connecting rod and cylinder kit for it, since it appears
to no longer be made/sold, and sears parts direct doesn't have the parts.

The Sears Craftsman model # is 919-165600, and it looks like it was also
sold as a DeVilblis 919-16560, as well as lots of other makes and models.
The connecting rod is an ACG-1.

Some people claim there are only about 3-4 different cylinder
configurations, so I guess my question is what would be a good source for
locating parts for this thing? I've looked around Amazon, E-Bay, etc. and so
far have found one kit, but its $139 for a single cylinder! See
https://www.amazon.com/Benron-Equipment-Replacment-for-KK-4835/dp/B0814GP4ZH
/ref=psdc_9022420011_t3_B00F9Z4A1G. there must be a better alternative.

----------------

All the best,

Al Fuller

------=_NextPart_001_002D_01D66504.683581E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>So I bought a Sears Craftsman 6.5 HP 2-cylinder =
oil-less air compressor used. Since I bought it used, I don&#8217;t know =
how old it is, or how it was used&#8230; Recently I fired it up and it =
began making a noise, so I shut it down, and found lots of plastic parts =
on the shop floor. Upon inspection, it has thrown a rod on one cylinder. =
The plastic parts were from the fan. &nbsp;The issue is finding a =
connecting rod and cylinder kit for it, since it appears to no longer be =
made/sold, and sears parts direct doesn&#8217;t have the =
parts.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The Sears Craftsman model # is 919-165600, and it =
looks like it was also sold as a DeVilblis 919-16560, as well as lots of =
other makes and models. &nbsp;The connecting rod is an =
ACG-1.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Some people claim there are only about 3-4 different =
cylinder configurations, so I guess my question is what would be a good =
source for locating parts for this thing? I&#8217;ve looked around =
Amazon, E-Bay, etc. and so far have found one kit, but its $139 for a =
single cylinder! See <a =
href=3D"https://www.amazon.com/Benron-Equipment-Replacment-for-KK-4835/dp=
/B0814GP4ZH/ref=3Dpsdc_9022420011_t3_B00F9Z4A1G">https://www.amazon.com/B=
enron-Equipment-Replacment-for-KK-4835/dp/B0814GP4ZH/ref=3Dpsdc_902242001=
1_t3_B00F9Z4A1G</a>. there must be a better =
alternative.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><img border=3D0 width=3D362 height=3D367 =
style=3D'width:3.7708in;height:3.8229in' id=3D"Picture_x0020_1" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]" alt=3D"A picture containing =
indoor, old, sitting, dirty&#10;&#10;Description automatically =
generated"><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>----------------<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>All the best,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Al =
Fuller<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_002D_01D66504.683581E0--

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D66504.683581E0
	name="image001.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D66504.683581E0--

--===============9111029947902330452==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============9111029947902330452==--