Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Studded tire update

From: Eric Russell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 06:37:25 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3380504930471153240==
 boundary="------------8471CF1CD1C3946127589D30"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------8471CF1CD1C3946127589D30
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

What about weight? Not the weight we can blame on the quarantine but 
adding weight to the mower? Especially for snow removal.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

On 7/5/2020 4:42 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Again, the requirements are good turf traction and good snow traction.

--------------8471CF1CD1C3946127589D30
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>What about weight? Not the weight we can blame on the quarantine
      but adding weight to the mower? Especially for snow removal. <br>
    </p>
    Eric Russell<br>
    Mebane, NC <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/5/2020 4:42 AM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]"> 
      <font size="2" face="sans-serif">Again, the requirements are good
        turf
        traction and good snow traction. <br>
      </font></blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------8471CF1CD1C3946127589D30--

--===============3380504930471153240==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============3380504930471153240==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2020 08:24:45 -0400 07/05/2020 08:24:45 AM, Serialize complete at 07/05/2020 08:24:45 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============2254707123005345477==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 00442F7B8525859C_=

Eric asks about adding weight.

This mower is a weird design.  It's two hydrostatic drive wheels with one 
rear caster wheel (tripod).  The mower deck and the plow hang off the 
front.

The weights seem to have no effect on traction for the plow or the cutter. 
 There are springs that hold up the mower deck's rear, and they do make a 
difference.

Here is a video of it with the snow thrower on it...

https://www.megageek.com/photo/photoa~1.nsf/a7ffeab012bbfb5b85256eb1007ca7f6/a5873018474f78b9852580790049cf96?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,killdozer

All the weight is on the drive wheels already.  I do have plate weights 
for the back, but they are just for when I put on the snow thrower. 
Without the weights, instead of lifting the thrower, the rear end lifts 
off the ground.
--=_alternative 00442F7B8525859C_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Eric asks about adding weight.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">This mower is a weird design. &nbsp;It's
two hydrostatic drive wheels with one rear caster wheel (tripod). &nbsp;The
mower deck and the plow hang off the front.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">The weights seem to have no effect on
traction for the plow or the cutter. &nbsp;There are springs that hold
up the mower deck's rear, and they do make a difference.</font>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Here is a video of it with the snow
thrower on it...</font>
<br>
<br><a href="https://www.megageek.com/photo/photoa~1.nsf/a7ffeab012bbfb5b85256eb1007ca7f6/a5873018474f78b9852580790049cf96?OpenDocument&amp;Highlight=0,killdozer"><font size=2 color=blue face="sans-serif"><b>https://www.megageek.com/photo/photoa~1.nsf/a7ffeab012bbfb5b85256eb1007ca7f6/a5873018474f78b9852580790049cf96?OpenDocument&amp;Highlight=0,killdozer</b></font></a>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">All the weight is on the drive wheels
already. &nbsp;I do have plate weights for the back, but they are just
for when I put on the snow thrower. &nbsp;Without the weights, instead
of lifting the thrower, the rear end lifts off the ground.</font>
--=_alternative 00442F7B8525859C_=--

--===============2254707123005345477==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2254707123005345477==--