Subject: [Shop-talk] attic fan switches (does this exist?)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 08:33:54 -0400 07/30/2020 08:33:58 AM, Serialize complete at 07/30/2020 08:33:58 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============1763153902511283546==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 00450712852585B5_=

I have an attic fan that is on a thermostatic switch.

I was wondering if there was a way that I can have it on a  thermostatic 
switch AND a remote switch (like X-10)

What happens is that  I want to turn on the fan on some nights or days, 
but it isn't hot enough to trigger it to go off.  If I reduce the 
temperature setting, it stays on most on the time.

But I do want it to go on if it gets too hot when I'm not home.

Is there anything like this on the market?  I also couldn't figure out how 
to wire 2 separate switches safely to accomplish this.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mule

"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 00450712852585B5_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">I have an attic fan that is on a thermostatic
switch.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I was wondering if there was a way that
I can have it on a &nbsp;thermostatic switch AND a remote switch (like
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">What happens is that &nbsp;I want to
turn on the fan on some nights or days, but it isn't hot enough to trigger
it to go off. &nbsp;If I reduce the temperature setting, it stays on most
on the time.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">But I do want it to go on if it gets
too hot when I'm not home.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Is there anything like this on the market?
&nbsp;I also couldn't figure out how to wire 2 separate switches safely
to accomplish this.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Any ideas?</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Thanks.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Mule<br>
<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>
--=_alternative 00450712852585B5_=--

--===============1763153902511283546==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============1763153902511283546==--