Subject: [Shop-talk] Rock Auto - I actually like them a lot

From: old dirtbeard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 07:51:44 -0700

--===============4602269190619501254==

--0000000000001c791c05aaa44ea3

Hi guys,

I have found Rock Auto to be my preferred online vendor for many/most
maintenance parts (filters, gaskets, etc.).

They have very low prices, a great selection, and often provide multiple
levels of quality, different manufacturers, and oftentimes the manufacturer
origin.

You can compare a Delco product to a Borg Warner, a replacement grade
versus HD, performance or "police grade," for the same part.

If you look at rear main seals for GM 4.3L V6, there are a dozen different
options, all at lower prices than what others have.

I have been able to source oil filter from them for my 1972 BSA with a
Norton external oil filter (one that takes an element from a Citroen).

The problem gets when you are ordering different parts that are shipping
from different originations, the shipping can add up, and as some else
said, just call them or message them and they will help out.

I usually buy 6 filters, or a dozen bulbs at a time, for example, to take
advantage of the low cost and bulk shipping.

Rock Auto has saved me a great deal of money over the years and has enabled
me to obtain higher quality, and USA made products, when I otherwise would
not have been able to do so.

Someone else mentioned Summit Racing, who I like very much, too,
particularly for aftermarket and performance items.

I highly recommend Rock Auto to my friends, particularly for bulk purchases
of maintenance parts.

best,

doug

--0000000000001c791c05aaa44ea3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi guys,<br><div><br></div><div>I have found Rock Auto to =
be my preferred online vendor for many/most maintenance parts (filters, gas=
kets, etc.).=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>They have very low prices, a gr=
eat selection, and often provide multiple levels of quality, different manu=
facturers, and oftentimes=C2=A0the manufacturer origin.=C2=A0</div><div><br=
></div><div>You can compare a Delco product to a Borg Warner, a replacement=
=C2=A0grade versus HD, performance or &quot;police grade,&quot; for the sam=
e part.</div><div><br></div><div>If you look at rear main seals for GM 4.3L=
 V6, there are a dozen different options, all at lower=C2=A0prices than wha=
t others have.</div><div><br></div><div>I have been able to source oil filt=
er from them for my 1972 BSA with a Norton external oil filter (one that ta=
kes an element from a Citroen).</div><div><br></div><div>The problem gets w=
hen you are ordering different parts that are shipping from different origi=
nations, the shipping can add up, and as some else said, just call them or =
message them and they will help out.</div><div><br></div><div>I usually buy=
 6 filters, or a dozen bulbs at a time, for example, to take advantage of t=
he low cost and bulk shipping.</div><div><br></div><div>Rock Auto has saved=
 me a great deal of money over the years and has enabled me to obtain highe=
r quality, and USA made products, when I otherwise would not have been able=
 to do so.</div><div><br></div><div>Someone else mentioned=C2=A0Summit Raci=
ng, who I like very much, too, particularly for aftermarket and performance=
 items.</div><div><br></div><div>I highly recommend Rock Auto=C2=A0to my fr=
iends,=C2=A0particularly for bulk purchases of maintenance parts.</div><div=
><br></div><div>best,</div><div><br></div><div>doug</div></div>

--0000000000001c791c05aaa44ea3--

--===============4602269190619501254==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============4602269190619501254==--