Subject: [Shop-talk] I HATE ROCKAUTO!!! (anyone else?)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 15:02:53 -0400 07/16/2020 03:02:55 PM, Serialize complete at 07/16/2020 03:02:55 PM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============5132003255788656104==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0068A3A9852585A7_=

OK, this is a partial vent, but it's also a warning to anyone out there 
about Rockauto.

THEY ARE HORRIBLE!

First, item shipping varies so much depending what verison of the part you 
buy, that you spend more time trying to figure out what the shipping will 
be then actually finding the product (which is sometimes a pain.)  I had a 
$365 shipping cost for a $45 part once (of course I didn't buy from them.)

Then, if you have any issues with their products, GOOD LUCK!

I got an oil pan and gasket from them.  The oil pain is .15" too large to 
fit, but I couldn't tell this until I was trying to install it, which 
meant that the gasket was opened (and therefore not returnable.)  So now I 
tried to return the pan, but they aren't able to tell me if the 
replacement will be the same one.
Then, instead of sending me a replacement pan, they send me another 
gasket!  So I want to return this gasket, but I have to pay for the 
shipping!  Also, they default to Fedex which doesn't pick up at your h
ouse, you have to bring it to them, which is about 45 mins away from me!
So, now i'm out the shipping of all items, I have an oil pan that doesn't 
fit, and I still can't even speak to anyone at the company.

I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!!

Anyone else have the same experience?  I've used them twice before and 
both times I had to re-select different options to not incur crazy 
shipping expenses.

"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 0068A3A9852585A7_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">OK, this is a partial vent, but it's also
a warning to anyone out there about Rockauto.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">THEY ARE HORRIBLE!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">First, item shipping varies so much
depending what verison of the part you buy, that you spend more time trying
to figure out what the shipping will be then actually finding the product
(which is sometimes a pain.) &nbsp;I had a $365 shipping cost for a $45
part once (of course I didn't buy from them.)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Then, if you have any issues with their
products, GOOD LUCK!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I got an oil pan and gasket from them.
&nbsp;The oil pain is .15&quot; too large to fit, but I couldn't tell this
until I was trying to install it, which meant that the gasket was opened
(and therefore not returnable.) &nbsp;So now I tried to return the pan,
but they aren't able to tell me if the replacement will be the same one.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Then, instead of sending me a replacement
pan, they send me another gasket! &nbsp;So I want to return this gasket,
but I have to pay for the shipping! &nbsp;Also, they default to Fedex which
doesn't pick up at your house, you have to bring it to them, which is about
45 mins away from me!</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">So, now i'm out the shipping of all
items, I have an oil pan that doesn't fit, and I still can't even speak
to anyone at the company.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Anyone else have the same experience?
&nbsp;I've used them twice before and both times I had to re-select different
options to not incur crazy shipping expenses.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>
--=_alternative 0068A3A9852585A7_=--

--===============5132003255788656104==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============5132003255788656104==--