Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] I HATE ROCKAUTO!!! (anyone else?)

From: John Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 12:18:48 -0700

On 7/16/2020 12:02 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> OK, this is a partial vent, but it's also a warning to anyone out there 
> about Rockauto.
> 
> THEY ARE HORRIBLE!

Actually, I've had very good luck with them, with some caveats.

First off, yes, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check the shipping cost.  It can 
vary hugely.

Secondly, their 'vendor closeouts' or whatever they call them this week 
are often back-inventory that's been sitting on the shelf for a decade 
or returned four times because it wasn't the right part.  You're 
spinning the dial if you buy one of those.  Had some really weird and 
rusty crap show up.

I've found their customer service quite reasonable.  That six-dollar 
clutch slave cylinder that turns out to be utterly the wrong part 
they'll credit back, they don't want it back, it goes in the garbage.

And their site more or less sets the standard for the industry in terms 
of general-purpose parts lookup.

John.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

---

From: "Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 12:25:48 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============3517104243928764129==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002D_01D65B6C.3CD3D700"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01D65B6C.3CD3D700
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Eric
I=E2=80=99ve occasionally used Summit Racing Equipment,=20
they=E2=80=99ve been excellent with fast response and shipping=20
costs.  Don=E2=80=99t know if they=E2=80=99d have what you=E2=80=99re =
looking for=20
but may be worth a checkout for you.

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
www.leatherplates.com

From: [email-masked]=20
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 12:02 PM
To: [email-masked]=20
Subject: [Shop-talk] I HATE ROCKAUTO!!! (anyone else?)
OK, this is a partial vent, but it's also a warning to anyone out there =
about Rockauto.=20

THEY ARE HORRIBLE!=20

First, item shipping varies so much depending what verison of the part =
you buy, that you spend more time trying to figure out what the shipping =
will be then actually finding the product (which is sometimes a pain.)  =
I had a $365 shipping cost for a $45 part once (of course I didn't buy =
from them.)=20

Then, if you have any issues with their products, GOOD LUCK!=20

I got an oil pan and gasket from them.  The oil pain is .15" too large =
to fit, but I couldn't tell this until I was trying to install it, which =
meant that the gasket was opened (and therefore not returnable.)  So now =
I tried to return the pan, but they aren't able to tell me if the =
replacement will be the same one.=20
Then, instead of sending me a replacement pan, they send me another =
gasket!  So I want to return this gasket, but I have to pay for the =
shipping!  Also, they default to Fedex which doesn't pick up at your =
house, you have to bring it to them, which is about 45 mins away from =
me!=20
So, now i'm out the shipping of all items, I have an oil pan that =
doesn't fit, and I still can't even speak to anyone at the company.=20

I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!!=20

Anyone else have the same experience?  I've used them twice before and =
both times I had to re-select different options to not incur crazy =
shipping expenses.=20

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01D65B6C.3CD3D700
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Eric</DIV>
<DIV>I=E2=80=99ve occasionally used Summit Racing Equipment, </DIV>
<DIV>they=E2=80=99ve been excellent with fast response and shipping =
</DIV>
<DIV>costs.&nbsp; Don=E2=80=99t know if they=E2=80=99d have what =
you=E2=80=99re looking for </DIV>
<DIV>but may be worth a checkout for you.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: =
#000000">Steve=20
Hammatt<BR>Mount Vernon WA =
USA<BR>www.leatherplates.com<BR><BR><BR></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #000000; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #000000; =
PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 4px solid; =
BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #000000">
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A=20
title=[email-masked]>[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, July 16, 2020 12:02 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]>[email-masked]</A>=20
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [Shop-talk] I HATE ROCKAUTO!!! (anyone=20
else?)</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #000000; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #000000; =
PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 4px solid; =
BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #000000">
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'><FONT=20
size=3D2 face=3Dsans-serif>OK, this is a partial vent, but it's also a =
warning to=20
anyone out there about Rockauto.</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT size=3D2=20
face=3Dsans-serif>THEY ARE HORRIBLE!</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT size=3D2=20
face=3Dsans-serif>First, item shipping varies so much depending what =
verison of=20
the part you buy, that you spend more time trying to figure out what the =

shipping will be then actually finding the product (which is sometimes a =

pain.)&nbsp; I had a $365 shipping cost for a $45 part once (of course I =
didn't=20
buy from them.)</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT size=3D2 face=3Dsans-serif>Then, if =
you have=20
any issues with their products, GOOD LUCK!</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT size=3D2 =

face=3Dsans-serif>I got an oil pan and gasket from them.&nbsp; The oil =
pain is=20
.15" too large to fit, but I couldn't tell this until I was trying to =
install=20
it, which meant that the gasket was opened (and therefore not =
returnable.)&nbsp;=20
So now I tried to return the pan, but they aren't able to tell me if the =

replacement will be the same one.</FONT> <BR><FONT size=3D2 =
face=3Dsans-serif>Then,=20
instead of sending me a replacement pan, they send me another =
gasket!&nbsp; So I=20
want to return this gasket, but I have to pay for the shipping!&nbsp; =
Also, they=20
default to Fedex which doesn't pick up at your house, you have to bring =
it to=20
them, which is about 45 mins away from me!</FONT> <BR><FONT size=3D2=20
face=3Dsans-serif>So, now i'm out the shipping of all items, I have an =
oil pan=20
that doesn't fit, and I still can't even speak to anyone at the =
company.</FONT>=20
<BR><BR><FONT size=3D2 face=3Dsans-serif>I WILL NEVER USE THEM =
AGAIN!!!!</FONT>=20
<BR><BR><FONT size=3D2 face=3Dsans-serif>Anyone else have the same =
experience?&nbsp;=20
I've used them twice before and both times I had to re-select different =
options=20
to not incur crazy shipping expenses.</FONT>=20
<BR><BR></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01D65B6C.3CD3D700--

--===============3517104243928764129==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3517104243928764129==--

---

From: John Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 12:40:47 -0700

On 7/16/2020 12:25 PM, Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA wrote:
> Eric
> I’ve occasionally used Summit Racing Equipment,
> they’ve been excellent with fast response and shipping
> costs.  Don’t know if they’d have what you’re looking for

If you're buying German car stuff RMEuropean moves faster than anyone 
else if they have what you need, FCP Euro, eeuroparts also reliable and 
there's others.  Almost easier to get OEM/equivalent German than 
American.  The new Febi brake pedal pad in our Merc GL550 cost $3.50 and 
came with a Merc part number on it.

John.

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

---

From: Paul Parkanzky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 15:42:20 -0400

I used to struggle with spending tons of time finding the right
combination of part price and shipping cost every time I ordered
something. Then I needed lots of stuff for an engine replacement and I
found a function on the parts search that optimizes it for you. It
didn't do it exactly perfectly and I still did a bit of messing around
to save a few more nickels but it made it way easier. I haven't done
it in a year or two so I can't point you toward it but if you have a
big order to make, reach out to their customer service and they'll
probably be able to tell you how to optimize it.

Regards,

-Paul

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 3:03 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> OK, this is a partial vent, but it's also a warning to anyone out there about Rockauto.
>
> THEY ARE HORRIBLE!
>
> First, item shipping varies so much depending what verison of the part you buy, that you spend more time trying to figure out what the shipping will be then actually finding the product (which is sometimes a pain.)  I had a $365 shipping cost for a $45 part once (of course I didn't buy from them.)
>
> Then, if you have any issues with their products, GOOD LUCK!
>
> I got an oil pan and gasket from them.  The oil pain is .15" too large to fit, but I couldn't tell this until I was trying to install it, which meant that the gasket was opened (and therefore not returnable.)  So now I tried to return the pan, but they aren't able to tell me if the replacement will be the same one.
> Then, instead of sending me a replacement pan, they send me another gasket!  So I want to return this gasket, but I have to pay for the shipping!  Also, they default to Fedex which doesn't pick up at your house, you have to bring it to them, which is about 45 mins away from me!
> So, now i'm out the shipping of all items, I have an oil pan that doesn't fit, and I still can't even speak to anyone at the company.
>
> I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!!
>
> Anyone else have the same experience?  I've used them twice before and both times I had to re-select different options to not incur crazy shipping expenses.

[email-masked]

---

From: John Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 12:48:51 -0700

On 7/16/2020 12:42 PM, Paul Parkanzky wrote:
> something.

They actually do a reasonable job of this, if you try to order multiple 
items it'll tell you where they're shipping from so you can fiddle with 
your order to get them all shipped together.

It's not Amazon Prime (which you pay for anyway), but it works.

Yeah, if it's a BIG order put it in your cart and email them and ask 
what they can do.

John.

[email-masked]

---

From: John Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 18:59:12 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8041631713394820917==
 boundary="------------0B2A87020E721438EA261975"
Content-Language: en-GB

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------0B2A87020E721438EA261975
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I've had very good luck with Rockauto.=A0 The prices were usually as good=
=20
Amazon when shipping was figured in and the website is much better at=20
picking the correct parts for my GMC Denali.=A0 I live in CT and shipping=
=20
is generally 2 days or less.=A0 Sorry that you had problems.=A0=A0 John M=
itchell

On 7/16/2020 3:02 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> OK, this is a partial vent, but it's also a warning to anyone out=20
> there about Rockauto.
>
> THEY ARE HORRIBLE!
>

> you buy, that you spend more time trying to figure out what the=20
> shipping will be then actually finding the product (which is sometimes =

> a pain.) =A0I had a $365 shipping cost for a $45 part once (of course I=
=20
> didn't buy from them.)
> I got an oil pan and gasket from them. =A0The oil pain is .15" too larg=
e=20
> to fit, but I couldn't tell this until I was trying to install it,=20
> which meant that the gasket was opened (and therefore not returnable.) =

> =A0So now I tried to return the pan, but they aren't able to tell me if=
=20
> the replacement will be the same one.
> Then, instead of sending me a replacement pan, they send me another=20
> gasket! =A0So I want to return this gasket, but I have to pay for the=20
> shipping! =A0Also, they default to Fedex which doesn't pick up at your =

> house, you have to bring it to them, which is about 45 mins away from m=
e!
> So, now i'm out the shipping of all items, I have an oil pan that=20
> doesn't fit, and I still can't even speak to anyone at the company.
>
> Anyone else have the same experience? =A0I've used them twice before an=
d=20
> both times I had to re-select different options to not incur crazy=20
> shipping expenses.
>
>
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a=20
> rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your=20
> territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson
> -Who is John Galt?
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/=
archive
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/jmi=
[email-masked]

--------------0B2A87020E721438EA261975
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html;
      charset=3Dwindows-1252">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>I've had very good luck with Rockauto.=A0 The prices were usually
      as good Amazon when shipping was figured in and the website is
      much better at picking the correct parts for my GMC Denali.=A0 I
      live in CT and shipping is generally 2 days or less.=A0 Sorry that
      you had problems.=A0=A0 John Mitchell<br>
    </p>
    <div class=3D"moz-cite-prefix">On 7/16/2020 3:02 PM, <a class=3D"moz-=
txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
</a>
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite"
cite=3D"mid:OF154C0FA4.E2B10FFB-ON852585A7.0067D224-852585A7.0068A3AB@mai=
l.megageek.com">
      <meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html;
        charset=3Dwindows-1252">
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif">OK, this is a partial vent, bu=
t
        it's also
        a warning to anyone out there about Rockauto.</font>
      <br>
      <br>
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif">THEY ARE HORRIBLE!</font>
      <br>
      <br>
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif">First, item shipping varies so=

        much
        depending what verison of the part you buy, that you spend more
        time trying
        to figure out what the shipping will be then actually finding
        the product
        (which is sometimes a pain.) =A0I had a $365 shipping cost for a
        $45
        part once (of course I didn't buy from them.)</font>
      <br>
      <br>
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif">Then, if you have any issues w=
ith
        their
        products, GOOD LUCK!</font>
      <br>
      <br>
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif">I got an oil pan and gasket fr=
om
        them.
        =A0The oil pain is .15" too large to fit, but I couldn't tell thi=
s
        until I was trying to install it, which meant that the gasket
        was opened
        (and therefore not returnable.) =A0So now I tried to return the
        pan,
        but they aren't able to tell me if the replacement will be the
        same one.</font>
      <br>
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif">Then, instead of sending me a
        replacement
        pan, they send me another gasket! =A0So I want to return this
        gasket,
        but I have to pay for the shipping! =A0Also, they default to Fede=
x
        which
        doesn't pick up at your house, you have to bring it to them,
        which is about
        45 mins away from me!</font>
      <br>
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif">So, now i'm out the shipping o=
f
        all
        items, I have an oil pan that doesn't fit, and I still can't
        even speak
        to anyone at the company.</font>
      <br>
      <br>
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif">I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!=
!</font>
      <br>
      <br>
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif">Anyone else have the same
        experience?
        =A0I've used them twice before and both times I had to re-select
        different
        options to not incur crazy shipping expenses.</font>
      <br>
      <br>
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif"><br>
        "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
        rational
        being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory."
        Ralph
        Waldo Emerson <br>
        -Who is John Galt?</font>
      <br>
      <fieldset class=3D"mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class=3D"moz-quote-pre" wrap=3D"">____________________________=
___________________

<a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
=2Enet">[email-masked]</a>
nate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" href=3D"http://www.team.net/p=
ipermail/shop-talk">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a class=3D=
"moz-txt-link-freetext" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://aut=
ox.team.net/archive</a>

ox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------0B2A87020E721438EA261975--

--===============8041631713394820917==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8041631713394820917==--

---

From: Rochlin Robert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 10:00:45 -0400

--===============6872914868411105379==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_7D80D6B9-992A-41BC-AB56-78F211C67BFD"

--Apple-Mail=_7D80D6B9-992A-41BC-AB56-78F211C67BFD
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

I=E2=80=99ve grown careful of my dealings with  RockAuto.  Many times =
they have the lowest price on the face of it and great product =
descriptions, but when you put an order together the shipping sometimes =
negates the savings.  The last time I had a problem with RockAuto and =
was trying to get some assistance there was a dialog box along the way =
that said the site was fully automated and that there was no in person =
customer service. I believe there was a list with about every issue you =
could possibly have and a step by step to go through  and resolve it. I =
was able to resolve my issue in this fashion.  On the other end of the =
spectrum I got an OEM bumper for my truck at over $200 under the dealer =
price and the shipping was about $30.00 on that item.
	Best,
	Bob

> On Jul 16, 2020, at 6:59 PM, John Mitchell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> I've had very good luck with Rockauto.  The prices were usually as =
good Amazon when shipping was figured in and the website is much better =
at picking the correct parts for my GMC Denali.  I live in CT and =
shipping is generally 2 days or less.  Sorry that you had problems.   =
John Mitchell
wrote:
>> OK, this is a partial vent, but it's also a warning to anyone out =
there about Rockauto.=20
>>=20
>> THEY ARE HORRIBLE!=20
>>=20
>> First, item shipping varies so much depending what verison of the =
part you buy, that you spend more time trying to figure out what the =
shipping will be then actually finding the product (which is sometimes a =
pain.)  I had a $365 shipping cost for a $45 part once (of course I =
didn't buy from them.)=20
>> I got an oil pan and gasket from them.  The oil pain is .15" too =
large to fit, but I couldn't tell this until I was trying to install it, =
which meant that the gasket was opened (and therefore not returnable.)  =
So now I tried to return the pan, but they aren't able to tell me if the =
replacement will be the same one.=20
>> Anyone else have the same experience?  I've used them twice before =
and both times I had to re-select different options to not incur crazy =
shipping expenses.=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a =
rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your =
territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson=20
>> -Who is John Galt?=20
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html =
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
<http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk> http://autox.team.net/archive =
<http://autox.team.net/archive>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
http://autox.team.net/archive
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_7D80D6B9-992A-41BC-AB56-78F211C67BFD
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">I=E2=80=99ve grown careful of my dealings with =
&nbsp;RockAuto. &nbsp;Many times they have the lowest price on the face =
of it and great product descriptions, but when you put an order together =
the shipping sometimes negates the savings. &nbsp;The last time I had a =
problem with RockAuto and was trying to get some assistance there was a =
dialog box along the way that said the site was fully automated and that =
there was no in person customer service. I believe there was a list with =
about every issue you could possibly have and a step by step to go =
through &nbsp;and resolve it. I was able to resolve my issue in this =
fashion. &nbsp;On the other end of the spectrum I got an OEM bumper for =
my truck at over $200 under the dealer price and the shipping was about =
$30.00 on that item.<div class=3D""><span class=3D"Apple-tab-span" =
style=3D"white-space:pre">	</span>Best,</div><div class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-tab-span" style=3D"white-space:pre">	</span>Bob<br =
class=3D""><div><br class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">On Jul 16, 2020, at 6:59 PM, John Mitchell &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D"">
 =20
    <meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html;
      charset=3Dwindows-1252" class=3D"">
 =20
  <div class=3D""><p class=3D"">I've had very good luck with =
Rockauto.&nbsp; The prices were usually
      as good Amazon when shipping was figured in and the website is
      much better at picking the correct parts for my GMC Denali.&nbsp; =
I
      live in CT and shipping is generally 2 days or less.&nbsp; Sorry =
that
      you had problems.&nbsp;&nbsp; John Mitchell<br class=3D"">
    </p>
    <div class=3D"moz-cite-prefix">On 7/16/2020 3:02 PM, <a =
class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
      wrote:<br class=3D"">
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite" =
cite=3D"mid:OF154C0FA4.E2B10FFB-ON852585A7.0067D224-852585A7.0068A3AB@mail=
.megageek.com" class=3D"">
      <meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" content=3D"text/html;
        charset=3Dwindows-1252" class=3D"">
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif" class=3D"">OK, this is a =
partial vent, but
        it's also
        a warning to anyone out there about Rockauto.</font>
      <br class=3D"">
      <br class=3D"">
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif" class=3D"">THEY ARE =
HORRIBLE!</font>
      <br class=3D"">
      <br class=3D"">
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif" class=3D"">First, item =
shipping varies so
        much
        depending what verison of the part you buy, that you spend more
        time trying
        to figure out what the shipping will be then actually finding
        the product
        (which is sometimes a pain.) &nbsp;I had a $365 shipping cost =
for a
        $45
        part once (of course I didn't buy from them.)</font>
      <br class=3D"">
      <br class=3D"">
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif" class=3D"">Then, if you have =
any issues with
        their
        products, GOOD LUCK!</font>
      <br class=3D"">
      <br class=3D"">
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif" class=3D"">I got an oil pan =
and gasket from
        them.
        &nbsp;The oil pain is .15" too large to fit, but I couldn't tell =
this
        until I was trying to install it, which meant that the gasket
        was opened
        (and therefore not returnable.) &nbsp;So now I tried to return =
the
        pan,
        but they aren't able to tell me if the replacement will be the
        same one.</font>
      <br class=3D"">
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif" class=3D"">Then, instead of =
sending me a
        replacement
        pan, they send me another gasket! &nbsp;So I want to return this
        gasket,
        but I have to pay for the shipping! &nbsp;Also, they default to =
Fedex
        which
        doesn't pick up at your house, you have to bring it to them,
        which is about
        45 mins away from me!</font>
      <br class=3D"">
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif" class=3D"">So, now i'm out =
the shipping of
        all
        items, I have an oil pan that doesn't fit, and I still can't
        even speak
        to anyone at the company.</font>
      <br class=3D"">
      <br class=3D"">
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif" class=3D"">I WILL NEVER USE =
THEM AGAIN!!!!</font>
      <br class=3D"">
      <br class=3D"">
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif" class=3D"">Anyone else have =
the same
        experience?
        &nbsp;I've used them twice before and both times I had to =
re-select
        different
        options to not incur crazy shipping expenses.</font>
      <br class=3D"">
      <br class=3D"">
      <font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif" class=3D""><br class=3D"">
        "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
        rational
        being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory."
        Ralph
        Waldo Emerson <br class=3D"">
        -Who is John Galt?</font>
      <br class=3D"">
      <fieldset class=3D"mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class=3D"moz-quote-pre" =
wrap=3D"">_______________________________________________

<a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</=
a>
Archive: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk">http://www.team.net/piper=
mail/shop-talk</a> <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]">h=
ttp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </div>

_______________________________________________<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D""><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br class=3D"">Donate: =
&nbsp;$12.96<br class=3D"">Archive: =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D""></div></blockquote></div><br =
class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_7D80D6B9-992A-41BC-AB56-78F211C67BFD--

--===============6872914868411105379==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6872914868411105379==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 07:36:21 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8673230795721395713==
 boundary="------------E0288472C25FCE87DD14AD72"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------E0288472C25FCE87DD14AD72
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

One problem with buying parts online is fraud perpetrated by customers. 
We bought eight coils for our Lincoln LS--they have a well-known problem 
with coils--from RA and at least a couple of them were defective and 
apparently used (RA accepted the returns and refunded us completely). 
The fairly generous return policies allow unscrupulous customers to 
return their old parts in the new boxes and get credit, effectively 
getting the parts for free. Most parts houses appear to just put the 
returns back on the shelf without checking that they were the new parts. 
I had a similar problem with a brake slave cylinder from a specialty 
parts house.

Bob

On 7/17/2020 7:00 AM, Rochlin Robert wrote:
> I’ve grown careful of my dealings with  RockAuto.  Many times they 
> have the lowest price on the face of it and great product 
> descriptions, but when you put an order together the shipping 
> sometimes negates the savings.  The last time I had a problem with 
> RockAuto and was trying to get some assistance there was a dialog box 
> along the way that said the site was fully automated and that there 
> was no in person customer service. I believe there was a list with 
> about every issue you could possibly have and a step by step to go 
> through  and resolve it. I was able to resolve my issue in this 
> fashion.  On the other end of the spectrum I got an OEM bumper for my 
> truck at over $200 under the dealer price and the shipping was about 
> $30.00 on that item.
> Best,
> Bob
>
>> On Jul 16, 2020, at 6:59 PM, John Mitchell <[email-masked] 
>>
>> I've had very good luck with Rockauto.  The prices were usually as 
>> good Amazon when shipping was figured in and the website is much 
>> better at picking the correct parts for my GMC Denali.  I live in CT 
>> and shipping is generally 2 days or less.  Sorry that you had 
>> problems.   John Mitchell
>>
>>> First, item shipping varies so much depending what verison of the 
>>> part you buy, that you spend more time trying to figure out what the 
>>> shipping will be then actually finding the product (which is 
>>> sometimes a pain.)  I had a $365 shipping cost for a $45 part once 
>>> (of course I didn't buy from them.)
>>>
>>> I got an oil pan and gasket from them.  The oil pain is .15" too 
>>> large to fit, but I couldn't tell this until I was trying to install 
>>> it, which meant that the gasket was opened (and therefore not 
>>> returnable.)  So now I tried to return the pan, but they aren't able 
>>> to tell me if the replacement will be the same one.
>>> Then, instead of sending me a replacement pan, they send me another 
>>> gasket!  So I want to return this gasket, but I have to pay for the 
>>> shipping!  Also, they default to Fedex which doesn't pick up at your 
>>> house, you have to bring it to them, which is about 45 mins away 
>>> from me!
>>> So, now i'm out the shipping of all items, I have an oil pan that 
>>> Anyone else have the same experience?  I've used them twice before 
>>> and both times I had to re-select different options to not incur 
>>> crazy shipping expenses.
>>>
>>>
>>> rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your 

--------------E0288472C25FCE87DD14AD72
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    One problem with buying parts online is fraud perpetrated by
    customers. We bought eight coils for our Lincoln LS--they have a
    well-known problem with coils--from RA and at least a couple of them
    were defective and apparently used (RA accepted the returns and
    refunded us completely). The fairly generous return policies allow
    unscrupulous customers to return their old parts in the new boxes
    and get credit, effectively getting the parts for free. Most parts
    houses appear to just put the returns back on the shelf without
    checking that they were the new parts. I had a similar problem with
    a brake slave cylinder from a specialty parts house.<br>
    <br>
    Bob<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/17/2020 7:00 AM, Rochlin Robert
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      I’ve grown careful of my dealings with  RockAuto.  Many times they
      have the lowest price on the face of it and great product
      descriptions, but when you put an order together the shipping
      sometimes negates the savings.  The last time I had a problem with
      RockAuto and was trying to get some assistance there was a dialog
      box along the way that said the site was fully automated and that
      there was no in person customer service. I believe there was a
      list with about every issue you could possibly have and a step by
      step to go through  and resolve it. I was able to resolve my issue
      in this fashion.  On the other end of the spectrum I got an OEM
      bumper for my truck at over $200 under the dealer price and the
      shipping was about $30.00 on that item.
      <div class=""><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">	</span>Best,</div>
      <div class=""><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">	</span>Bob<br
          class="">
        <div><br class="">
          <blockquote type="cite" class="">
            <div class="">On Jul 16, 2020, at 6:59 PM, John Mitchell
              &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class=""
                moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div>
            <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
            <div class="">
              <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
                charset=UTF-8" class="">
              <div class="">
                <p class="">I've had very good luck with Rockauto.  The
                  prices were usually as good Amazon when shipping was
                  figured in and the website is much better at picking
                  the correct parts for my GMC Denali.  I live in CT and
                  shipping is generally 2 days or less.  Sorry that you
                  had problems.   John Mitchell<br class="">
                </p>
                <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/16/2020 3:02 PM, <a
                    class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
                    href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                    moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br
                    class="">
                </div>
                <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
                  class="">
                  <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
                    charset=UTF-8" class="">
                  <font class="" size="2" face="sans-serif">OK, this is
                    a partial vent, but it's also a warning to anyone
                    out there about Rockauto.</font> <br class="">
                  <br class="">
                  <font class="" size="2" face="sans-serif">THEY ARE
                    HORRIBLE!</font> <br class="">
                  <br class="">
                  <font class="" size="2" face="sans-serif">First, item
                    shipping varies so much depending what verison of
                    the part you buy, that you spend more time trying to
                    figure out what the shipping will be then actually
                    finding the product (which is sometimes a pain.)  I
                    had a $365 shipping cost for a $45 part once (of
                    course I didn't buy from them.)</font> <br class="">
                  <br class="">
                  <font class="" size="2" face="sans-serif">Then, if you
                    have any issues with their products, GOOD LUCK!</font>
                  <br class="">
                  <br class="">
                  <font class="" size="2" face="sans-serif">I got an oil
                    pan and gasket from them.  The oil pain is .15" too
                    large to fit, but I couldn't tell this until I was
                    trying to install it, which meant that the gasket
                    was opened (and therefore not returnable.)  So now I
                    tried to return the pan, but they aren't able to
                    tell me if the replacement will be the same one.</font>
                  <br class="">
                  <font class="" size="2" face="sans-serif">Then,
                    instead of sending me a replacement pan, they send
                    me another gasket!  So I want to return this gasket,
                    but I have to pay for the shipping!  Also, they
                    default to Fedex which doesn't pick up at your
                    house, you have to bring it to them, which is about
                    45 mins away from me!</font> <br class="">
                  <font class="" size="2" face="sans-serif">So, now i'm
                    out the shipping of all items, I have an oil pan
                    that doesn't fit, and I still can't even speak to
                    anyone at the company.</font> <br class="">
                  <br class="">
                  <font class="" size="2" face="sans-serif">I WILL NEVER
                    USE THEM AGAIN!!!!</font> <br class="">
                  <br class="">
                  <font class="" size="2" face="sans-serif">Anyone else
                    have the same experience?  I've used them twice
                    before and both times I had to re-select different
                    options to not incur crazy shipping expenses.</font>
                  <br class="">
                  <br class="">
                  <font class="" size="2" face="sans-serif"><br class="">
                    "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your
                    rights as a rational being are trenched on, die on
                    the first inch of your territory." Ralph Waldo
                    Emerson <br class="">
                    -Who is John Galt?</font> </blockquote>
              </div>
            </div>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------E0288472C25FCE87DD14AD72--

--===============8673230795721395713==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8673230795721395713==--