Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Inside door stickers

From: "john niolon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 09:56:50 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format

--===============1811149712508978062==

This is a multi-part message in MIME format

--joPTC3b9yqh=_ZADG4RQUxEkR1j389Ux13
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

Eric I know there are sites/companies that sell the vintage stuff for =
most car=20
mfgs=E2=80=A6  firewall stickers, air cleaner, etc... like here=20
https://www.classiccardecals.net/online-store/ford/ =20
I've seen lots at car shows and such... bet there
are more behind google
john

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: 7/7/2020 6:57:55 AM
Subject: [Shop-talk] Inside door stickers

When I painted the truck, I had to strip all the inside the door stick=
ers.=20

I took photos of all of them (none where in good enough shape to save.=
)=20

But I was wondering.  Since this is a truck, is there a requirement fo=
r me to have any of these stickers there?  Especially the GVWR ones?=20=

If so, is there a website I can enter in the data and have it make an =
official  looking one?  (I can do it in photoshop, but I don't=20
want to waste all that much time if I don't have to.)=20

Thanks.=20

"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a ratio=
nal being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." R=
alph Waldo Emerson=20
-Who is John Galt?=20

--joPTC3b9yqh=_ZADG4RQUxEkR1j389Ux13
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE type=3Dtext/css> body { margin:0.7em; } body.OECFntDef, body.OE=
CFntDef div { font-family:"Segoe UI",Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sa=
ns-serif;font-size:10pt; }</STYLE>

<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.10570.1001"></HEAD>
<BODY spellcheck=3Dtrue class=3DOECFntDef>
<DIV>Eric I know there are sites/companies that sell the vintage stuff=
 for most car mfgs=E2=80=A6&nbsp;&nbsp;firewall stickers, air cleaner,=
 etc... like here <A href=3D"https://www.classiccardecals.net/online-s=
tore/ford/">https://www.classiccardecals.net/online-store/ford/</A>&nb=
sp; I've seen lots at car shows and such... bet there</DIV>
<DIV>are more behind google</DIV>
<DIV>john</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LE=
FT: 0.5em; BORDER-LEFT: #c7e5ff 1px solid; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 0.5em; =
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV><B>----- Original Message -----</B></DIV>
<DIV><B>From:</B> &lt;<A>[email-masked]</A>&gt;</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> &lt;<A>[email-masked]</A>&gt;</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> 7/7/2020 6:57:55 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [Shop-talk] Inside door stickers</DIV>
<HR style=3D"BORDER-TOP: medium none; HEIGHT: 1px; BORDER-RIGHT: mediu=
m none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; COLOR: #ccc; BORDER-LEFT: medium n=
one; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccc">
<FONT size=3D2 face=3Dsans-serif>When I painted the truck, I had to st=
rip all the inside the door stickers.</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT size=3D2 fa=
ce=3Dsans-serif>I took photos of all of them (none where in good enoug=
h shape to save.)</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT size=3D2 face=3Dsans-serif>But =
I was wondering. &nbsp;Since this is a truck, is there a requirement f=
or me to have any of these stickers there? &nbsp;Especially the GVWR o=
nes?</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT size=3D2 face=3Dsans-serif>If so, is there a=
 website I can enter in the data and have it make an official &nbsp;lo=
oking one? &nbsp;(I can do it in photoshop, but I don't want to waste =
all that much time if I don't have to.)</FONT> <BR><BR><FONT size=3D2 =
face=3Dsans-serif>Thanks.</FONT> <BR><FONT size=3D2 face=3Dsans-serif>=
<BR><BR>"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as=
 a rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your terri=
tory." Ralph Waldo Emerson <BR>-Who is John Galt?</FONT> </BLOCKQUOTE>=
</BODY></HTML>

--joPTC3b9yqh=_ZADG4RQUxEkR1j389Ux13--

--===============1811149712508978062==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============1811149712508978062==--

---

From: Eric Russell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 10:58:41 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4532864402386026188==
 boundary="------------C77631B87CFF96C01B67DA41"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------C77631B87CFF96C01B67DA41
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I don't know if those stickers are required. Perhaps required of the 
original manufacturer but maybe not for private sale?

Anyway, I have reproduced underhood stickers for restorations and have 
had replacement stickers made after body repairs/repainting (race car) 
using DIY Lettering 
<https://doityourselflettering.com/vinyl-lettering/>. They were easy to 
work with - I emailed .jpg files and they replied with 'proofs' which I 
could tweak if needed until it was what I wanted. The items have proved 
quite durable.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC

On 7/7/2020 7:57 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> When I painted the truck, I had to strip all the inside the door 
> stickers.
>
> I took photos of all of them (none where in good enough shape to save.)
>
> But I was wondering.  Since this is a truck, is there a requirement 
> for me to have any of these stickers there?  Especially the GVWR ones?
>
> If so, is there a website I can enter in the data and have it make an 
> official  looking one?  (I can do it in photoshop, but I don't want to 
> waste all that much time if I don't have to.) 

--------------C77631B87CFF96C01B67DA41
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>I don't know if those stickers are required. Perhaps required of
      the original manufacturer but maybe not for private sale? <br>
    </p>
    <p>Anyway, I have reproduced underhood stickers for restorations and
      have had replacement stickers made after body repairs/repainting
      (race car) using <a moz-do-not-send="true"
        href="https://doityourselflettering.com/vinyl-lettering/">DIY
        Lettering</a>. They were easy to work with - I emailed .jpg
      files and they replied with 'proofs' which I could tweak if needed
      until it was what I wanted. The items have proved quite durable. <br>
    </p>
    Eric Russell<br>
    Mebane, NC <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/7/2020 7:57 AM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <font size="2" face="sans-serif">When I painted the truck, I had
        to strip
        all the inside the door stickers.</font>
      <br>
      <br>
      <font size="2" face="sans-serif">I took photos of all of them
        (none where
        in good enough shape to save.)</font>
      <br>
      <br>
      <font size="2" face="sans-serif">But I was wondering.  Since this
        is a truck, is there a requirement for me to have any of these
        stickers
        there?  Especially the GVWR ones?</font>
      <br>
      <br>
      <font size="2" face="sans-serif">If so, is there a website I can
        enter
        in the data and have it make an official  looking one?  (I can
        do it in photoshop, but I don't want to waste all that much time
        if I don't
        have to.)</font>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------C77631B87CFF96C01B67DA41--

--===============4532864402386026188==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4532864402386026188==--