Subject: [Shop-talk] Tool of the day - air jack

From: old dirtbeard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 07:52:06 -0700

--===============3224320354357850934==

--000000000000ee0b6605a71b0c3d

Hi guys,

I  bought a pair of these this winter primarily for use with cars, but I
really like the Zendex Rakjak two bag air jack. I have been using them for
motorcycles as well.

In the attached link to a photo where I am removing and reinstalling the
rear wheel for my Sportster tire change, sliding the axle in through the
swing arm, the disk brake, the belt adjusters, etc., always is a little
tricky getting everything lined up height-wise while pushing the axle
through.

With the air jack, you can push the up/down buttons with one finger, raise
or lower the lift by small fractions of an inch, and eyeball the axle
alignment with the various components. The precision, smoothness, and
controllability of the lifting is pretty amazing:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=446D39C8B1E43758&id=446D39C8B1E43758%21166810&parId=446D39C8B1E43758%21166807&o=OneUp

They are US-made, support 2 tons each, very well built, very fast lifting,
good enough for professional shop use, all parts are replaceable, but they
are pricey.

If you were going to use it on trucks/vans/SUVs, I would recommend the
three bag model as it would give you more lift. The three bag model
probably would not fit under most sporty cars.

Definitely not a necessity (sort of like changing tires on the floor versus
the tire changer), but it makes jobs much easier with one man doing it, and
is much faster.

Downsides other than being pricey, they are a little wide and a little
heavy, and do not have the lifting range that a trolley floor jack would
have.

I mostly got them to do car wheel removals when the car is on the lift
(cannot use a floor jack), but have been using them instead of the floor
jack even on the floor because they are so fast and easy.

Not a necessity, maybe an indulgent luxury, but my tool of the day.

Here is a video link from the manufacturer:
https://shop.zendextool.com/RakJak%E2%84%A2-Air-Bag-Jack_c_23.html

best,

doug

--000000000000ee0b6605a71b0c3d
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi guys,<div><br></div><div>I=C2=A0 bought a pair of these=
 this winter primarily for use with cars, but I really like the Zendex Rakj=
ak two bag air jack. I have been using them for motorcycles as well.</div><=
div><br></div><div>In the attached link to a photo where I am removing and =
reinstalling the rear wheel for my Sportster tire change, sliding the axle =
in through the swing arm, the disk brake, the belt adjusters, etc., always =
is a little tricky getting everything lined up height-wise while pushing th=
e axle through.</div><div><br></div><div>With the air jack, you can push th=
e up/down buttons with one finger, raise or lower the lift by small fractio=
ns of an inch, and eyeball the axle alignment with the various components. =
The precision, smoothness, and controllability of the lifting is pretty ama=
zing:</div><div><a href=3D"https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=3D446D39C8B1E4375=
8&amp;id=3D446D39C8B1E43758%21166810&amp;parId=3D446D39C8B1E43758%21166807&=
amp;o=3DOneUp">https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=3D446D39C8B1E43758&amp;id=3D4=
46D39C8B1E43758%21166810&amp;parId=3D446D39C8B1E43758%21166807&amp;o=3DOneU=
p</a>=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>They are US-made, support 2 tons each,=
 very well built, very fast lifting, good enough for professional shop=C2=
=A0use, all parts are replaceable, but they are pricey.</div><div><br></div=
><div>If you were going to use it on trucks/vans/SUVs, I would recommend th=
e three bag model as it would give you more lift. The three bag model proba=
bly would not fit under most sporty cars.</div><div><br></div><div>Definite=
ly=C2=A0not a necessity (sort of like changing tires on the floor versus th=
e tire changer), but it makes jobs much easier with one man doing it, and i=
s much faster.</div><div><br></div><div>Downsides other than=C2=A0being pri=
cey, they are a little wide and a little heavy, and do not have the lifting=
 range that a trolley floor jack would have.</div><div><br></div><div>I mos=
tly got them to do car wheel removals when the car is on the lift (cannot u=
se a floor jack), but have been using them instead of the floor jack even o=
n the floor because they are so fast and easy.</div><div><br></div><div>Not=
 a necessity, maybe an indulgent luxury, but my tool of the day.</div><div>=
<br></div><div>Here is a video link from the manufacturer:</div><div><a hre=
f=3D"https://shop.zendextool.com/RakJak%E2%84%A2-Air-Bag-Jack_c_23.html">ht=
tps://shop.zendextool.com/RakJak%E2%84%A2-Air-Bag-Jack_c_23.html</a>=C2=A0=
=C2=A0<br></div><div><br></div><div>best,</div><div><br></div><div>doug</di=
v><div><br></div><div>=C2=A0<br></div></div>

--000000000000ee0b6605a71b0c3d--

--===============3224320354357850934==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============3224320354357850934==--