Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] favorite tools

From: Mark Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 16:27:45 -0700

I have become a fan of oscillating cutting tools.  Bought a $15 harbor 
freight one and liked it instantly.  It changes the way I do various 
jobs simply because it is a new and better option. Cutting in electrical 
boxes, cutting PVC (I rarely measure: cut, try it, cut again). And then 
I learned about the Bosch carbide blades that fit it and it was one of 
those clouds part and birds begin singing moment.   So much better to 
use.  Cut through nails, they last way longer, all those good things.  I 
then upgraded to a Milwaukee cordless one and life got even better.

That is a good path for buying tools for me.  Buy something cheap or 
used to see if I like it, then improve on it.  As an added bonus you 
still have the cheap one if someone wants to borrow a tool.

But my favorite tools are the ones I inherited from my father. Best is 
the 3 foot long ridgid bolt cutters. After 15 years I still smile every 
time I use them, knowing he probably said many of the same things I was 
saying right then to rebar and bolts 40 or 50 years earlier..

-- 
Regards,

Mark Miller   707-490-5834
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]