Subject: [Shop-talk] Paint sprayers

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 12:54:12 -0400 05/03/2020 12:54:12 PM, Serialize complete at 05/03/2020 12:54:12 PM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5816424452441873944==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--=_alternative 005CDB428525855D_=

Ok, so "Sandford" by big work truck is currently undergoing some major 
body work and will be getting new paint.  Both myself and my buddy haven't 
painted a car since the late 80's.

I see there are many different type of sprayers out there for automotive 
finishes.
There are the traditional sprayers with the can under the gun (and what I 
already have and used in the 80s.)
Then there are HVLP sprayers with the cups on top.
I also noticed these types seem to be the new norm...
https://www.harborfreight.com/64-oz-professional-hvlp-air-spray-gun-kit-62895.html 

So, here are my requirements.  I am painting this truck, which is a work 
truck and does NOT need an awesome finish. I also don't mind buying new 
tools.

So, do I spring for the 'pro' model HF?  I will most likely not be 
painting another car for a decade (maybe) so I don't think I need to get 
into real pro brands and pay top dollar. But I may paint here and there, 
NEVER for show, just for work stuff.

Or, do I paint with the old style I already have?

What is the advantages?  Is there any learning curve?

Thanks!

Mule

"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
-Who is John Galt?

--=_alternative 005CDB428525855D_=

<span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Ok, so &quot;Sandford&quot;
by big work truck is currently undergoing some major body work and will
be getting new paint. &nbsp;Both myself and my buddy haven't painted a
car since the late 80's.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">I see there are
many different type of sprayers out there for automotive finishes.</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">There are the
traditional sprayers with the can under the gun (and what I already have
and used in the 80s.)</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Then there are
HVLP sprayers with the cups on top.</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">I also noticed
these types seem to be the new norm...</span>
<br><a href="https://www.harborfreight.com/64-oz-professional-hvlp-air-spray-gun-kit-62895.html"><span style=" font-size:12pt;color:blue"><u>https://www.harborfreight.com/64-oz-professional-hvlp-air-spray-gun-kit-62895.html</u></span></a><span style=" font-size:12pt">
</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">So, here are my
requirements. &nbsp;I am painting this truck, which is a work truck and
does NOT need an awesome finish. I also don't mind buying new tools.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">So, do I spring
for the 'pro' model HF? &nbsp;I will most likely not be painting another
car for a decade (maybe) so I don't think I need to get into real pro brands
and pay top dollar. But I may paint here and there, NEVER for show, just
for work stuff.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Or, do I paint
with the old style I already have?</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">What is the advantages?
&nbsp;Is there any learning curve?</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Thanks!</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Mule</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif"><br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</span>

--=_alternative 005CDB428525855D_=--

--===============5816424452441873944==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============5816424452441873944==--