Subject: [Shop-talk] Thanks and new question about welding helmet.

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 11:19:54 -0400 05/07/2020 11:19:57 AM, Serialize complete at 05/07/2020 11:19:57 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============5988278955686732492==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0054388485258561_=

First, I want to thank Donald for helping me find those wheels.  It seems 
that only Norton makes them and they are only available as a 5ct pack for 
>$100.  ( I only found them for sale in two places.)  I did order a set 
and they will be here tomorrow.

Now I do have another question.
My auto darkening helmet has been acting weird.  It darkens fine, but 
takes a long time to lighten.  I put new batteries in it and tried the 
'delay' setting with no luck.  It's a pain as I'm doing lots of tack welds 
and I have to wait to see where I'm doing the next one each time.

One note, I notice that if I look at a normal ceiling light, it lightens 
immediately.

Any ideas what can be causing this or how to fix it?  It's a Hobart, so 
it's not a cheapie.

Thanks.

"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 0054388485258561_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">First, I want to thank Donald for helping
me find those wheels. &nbsp;It seems that only Norton makes them and they
are only available as a 5ct pack for &gt;$100. &nbsp;( I only found them
for sale in two places.) &nbsp;I did order a set and they will be here
tomorrow.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Now I do have another question.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">My auto darkening helmet has been acting
weird. &nbsp;It darkens fine, but takes a long time to lighten. &nbsp;I
put new batteries in it and tried the 'delay' setting with no luck. &nbsp;It's
a pain as I'm doing lots of tack welds and I have to wait to see where
I'm doing the next one each time.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">One note, I notice that if I look at
a normal ceiling light, it lightens immediately.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Any ideas what can be causing this or
how to fix it? &nbsp;It's a Hobart, so it's not a cheapie.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Thanks.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>
--=_alternative 0054388485258561_=--

--===============5988278955686732492==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============5988278955686732492==--