Subject: [Shop-talk] Trailer clean-up and paint

From: Ronnie Day via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 12:34:47 -0500

--===============8707513658405431202==

--000000000000e9185205a54ea79a

I'm cleaning up and rebuilding a locally built, wood decked utility
trailer. Typical angle iron/tube frame construction. The original paint is
worn, a lot, and there's considerable surface rust. I took it to the
quarter car wash and cleaned it up as best I could.

I'm not inclined to have the whole thing media blasted so the plan is,
doing a section at a time, to use wire brushes and a detail sander to
remove as much of the loose paint as I can, and then hit that area with
rattle can primer/paint to "seal/convert" the rust I can't get off, then
move to the next section.

Realizing there are products out there that supposedly work like magic,
what actually does a decent job? I'm looking for durability and protection,
not a car show finish.

RD

--000000000000e9185205a54ea79a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I&#39;m cleaning up and rebuilding a locally built, wood d=
ecked utility trailer. Typical angle iron/tube frame construction. The orig=
inal paint is worn, a lot, and there&#39;s considerable surface rust. I too=
k it to the quarter car wash and cleaned it up as best I could.<div><br></d=
iv><div>I&#39;m not inclined to have the whole thing media blasted so the p=
lan is, doing a section at a time, to use wire brushes and a detail sander =
to remove as much of the loose paint as I can, and then hit that area with =
rattle can primer/paint to &quot;seal/convert&quot; the rust I can&#39;t ge=
t off, then move to the next section.</div><div><br></div><div>Realizing th=
ere are products out there that supposedly work like magic, what actually d=
oes a decent job? I&#39;m looking for durability and protection, not a car =
show finish.</div><div><br></div><div>RD</div></div>

--000000000000e9185205a54ea79a--

--===============8707513658405431202==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============8707513658405431202==--