Subject: [Shop-talk] diesel fuel question

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 07:46:02 -0400 04/24/2020 07:46:03 AM, Serialize complete at 04/24/2020 07:46:03 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============8476613097292652278==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0040A43F85258554_=

Does anyone know of a way to tell if diesel fuel has gone bad?

Here is my situation.  I have a large diesel fuel tank for my tractors on 
my property (so I don't have to buy 'over the road' diesel.)  The fuel in 
there has been there a few years.

My newest tractor (a small 25hp subcompact) started acting funny.  At full 
throttle, it seems to sputter a little.

Could be a fuel problem, but I would love to test the diesel somehow. Or 
is there a way of looking at the filter on the tractor? Or another test to 
do?

Related follow up, if the fuel is bad, and I have about 50 gals in a 250 
tank.  Can I just add fresh fuel to it, or do I need to drain out all the 
bad first?  What would be a good bad/good ratio to dilute the bad fuel?

Thanks!

"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 0040A43F85258554_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Does anyone know of a way to tell if diesel
fuel has gone bad?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Here is my situation. &nbsp;I have a
large diesel fuel tank for my tractors on my property (so I don't have
to buy 'over the road' diesel.) &nbsp;The fuel in there has been there
a few years.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">My newest tractor (a small 25hp subcompact)
started acting funny. &nbsp;At full throttle, it seems to sputter a little.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Could be a fuel problem, but I would
love to test the diesel somehow. Or is there a way of looking at the filter
on the tractor? Or another test to do?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Related follow up, if the fuel is bad,
and I have about 50 gals in a 250 tank. &nbsp;Can I just add fresh fuel
to it, or do I need to drain out all the bad first? &nbsp;What would be
a good bad/good ratio to dilute the bad fuel?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks!</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>
--=_alternative 0040A43F85258554_=--

--===============8476613097292652278==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============8476613097292652278==--