Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Eye Pro

From: John Miller via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 09:10:38 -0700

> What is a good method for eye pro?  Should I go cheap and just replace 
> when they get scratched?  Or are there better quality ones out there 
> that don't get scratch easily and can last longer?
> 
> And where is a good source to get them?

I just buy them in bulk from ULINE and toss when they're uglier than I 
want to try cleaning.

John.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

utox.team.net

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 14:13:53 -0400

--===============7661024054782896889==

--00000000000013033005a0d48d75

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 12:11 PM John Miller via Shop-talk <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> > What is a good method for eye pro?
>

Buy them in bulk so there's always a pair handy no matter where you're
working.  And wear them.

> I just buy them in bulk from ULINE and toss when they're uglier than I

I recently took a tour of the BMW factory in South Carolina.  Best tour I
ever took, because they introduced me to a brand of safety glasses that
actually fit over my regular prescription glasses.

https://www.amazon.com/MCR-OG112AF-Safety-Glasses-Anti-Fog/dp/B07Q84TFDD?th=1

Once you know the make and model you want, Google Shopping is your friend.
 I can find these for less than $4 a pair, which makes them cheap enough to
buy in bulk, and cheap enough to toss when they are too nasty to see
through.

Make sure that whatever you buy has the proper ANSI rating and is from a
reputable source.  You can spend a lot on safety glasses and still spend
less than you would on a replacement eyeball.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

--00000000000013033005a0d48d75
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">=
<div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 12:11 PM John=
 Miller via Shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">shop-=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quot=
e" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204)=
;padding-left:1ex">&gt; What is a good method for eye pro? =C2=A0<br></bloc=
kquote><div><br></div><div>Buy them in bulk so there&#39;s always a pair ha=
ndy no matter where you&#39;re working.=C2=A0 And wear them.</div><div>=C2=
=A0<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px =
0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
&gt; And where is a good source to get them?<br>
<br>
I just buy them in bulk from ULINE and toss when they&#39;re uglier than I =
<br>
want to try cleaning.<br>
</blockquote><div><br></div><div>I recently took a tour of the BMW factory =
in South Carolina.=C2=A0 Best tour I ever took, because they introduced me =
to a brand of safety glasses that actually fit over my regular prescription=
 glasses.</div><div><br></div><div><a href=3D"https://www.amazon.com/MCR-OG=
112AF-Safety-Glasses-Anti-Fog/dp/B07Q84TFDD?th=3D1">https://www.amazon.com/=
MCR-OG112AF-Safety-Glasses-Anti-Fog/dp/B07Q84TFDD?th=3D1</a></div><div><br>=
</div><div>Once you know the make and model you want, Google Shopping is yo=
ur friend.=C2=A0 =C2=A0I can find these for less than $4 a pair, which make=
s them cheap enough to buy in bulk, and cheap enough to toss when they are =
too nasty to see through.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>Make sure th=
at whatever you buy has the proper ANSI rating and is from a reputable sour=
ce.=C2=A0 You can spend a lot on safety glasses and still spend less than y=
ou would on a replacement eyeball.</div><div><br></div><div>Jeff Scarbrough=
</div><div>Corrosion Acres, Ga.</div></div></div>

--00000000000013033005a0d48d75--

--===============7661024054782896889==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7661024054782896889==--

---

From: John Miller via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 13:26:25 -0700

On 3/14/2020 11:13 AM, Jeff Scarbrough via Shop-talk wrote:
> You can spend a lot on safety glasses and still spend less than you 
> would on a replacement eyeball.

Word.

John.

[email-masked]

---

From: Al Fuller via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 14:24:26 -0400

What he said... 

I was hit directly in the eye on a racquetball court twice in a long playing
career. Once I had on eyeguards, and (only) had to have my face x-rayed to
ensure the orbit socket wasn't broken. One of the few times I didn't have
them on I got hit and lost sight in the eye. Luckily it came back (with some
permanent loss of vision), and I have never been on a court - even to
practice - without eyeguards in 20+ years. 

In the shop, there is a pair sitting literally ON the grinder, and several
pair hanging on a curtain rod in the top tool box.  

----------------
All the best,

Al Fuller

-----Original Message-----
From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of John Miller
via Shop-talk
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 4:26 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Eye Pro

Word.

John.

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk
http://autox.team.net/archive

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: John Miller via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 11:30:40 -0700

> pair hanging on a curtain rod in the top tool box.

I'll throw these out there, as they're what I've ordered at times:

https://www.uline.com/BL_8952/Uline-Economy-Safety-Goggles

The basic answer if you need something that fits over glasses, do not 
need splash protection, and is readily disposable if abraded.

John.

[email-masked]