Subject: [Shop-talk] Maybe the weirest shop related question asked here.

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 13:58:29 -0400 03/29/2020 01:58:30 PM, Serialize complete at 03/29/2020 01:58:30 PM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0365209279174674959==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--=_alternative 0062BD358525853A_=

Ok, I know I've asked some weird questions before, but I think this one 
will take the cake.

I live out in the country, and often work well into the night with a large 
shop door open.  With having bears, coyotes and other large animals in the 
area, I got to thinking, it might be a good idea to keep a pistol in the 
garage to scare off any would be 'late night snackers."
Actually, I had a run-in the other night that made me think about this.

So my question is, if I have a pistol, in a rapid access safe in a shop 
environment, what factors should I consider?  I understand that humidity 
will play a huge role, as will dust (I have to see how 'sealed' the safe 
is.)

Is there anything I'm missing that I should consider?  I understand that I 
will most likely have to clean the weapon often, but is there anything I 
need to think about?

Also, I'm open to suggestions for a weapon type.  I thinking an XD-M elite 
polymer hand gun.  With mostly composite parts.  Similar to a Glock. 
(Note, I don't have anything against Glock, I just never owned one.  I do 
have and love my XD however, so Glock isn't out of consideration.)

I don't want this to turn into a 2nd amendment thread.  Just a 'what to 
consider' for leaving a pistol in a shop.

Note, in my shop I do just about everything, metal work, wood work, car 
and heavy equipment work, etc. 

Thanks in advance.

"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
-Who is John Galt?

--=_alternative 0062BD358525853A_=

<span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Ok, I know I've asked
some weird questions before, but I think this one will take the cake.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">I live out in
the country, and often work well into the night with a large shop door
open. &nbsp;With having bears, coyotes and other large animals in the area,
I got to thinking, it might be a good idea to keep a pistol in the garage
to scare off any would be 'late night snackers.&quot;</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Actually, I had
a run-in the other night that made me think about this.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">So my question
is, if I have a pistol, in a rapid access safe in a shop environment, what
factors should I consider? &nbsp;I understand that humidity will play a
huge role, as will dust (I have to see how 'sealed' the safe is.)</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Is there anything
I'm missing that I should consider? &nbsp;I understand that I will most
likely have to clean the weapon often, but is there anything I need to
think about?</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Also, I'm open
to suggestions for a weapon type. &nbsp;I thinking an XD-M elite polymer
hand gun. &nbsp;With mostly composite parts. &nbsp;Similar to a Glock.
&nbsp;(Note, I don't have anything against Glock, I just never owned one.
&nbsp;I do have and love my XD however, so Glock isn't out of consideration.)</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">I don't want this
to turn into a 2nd amendment thread. &nbsp;Just a 'what to consider' for
leaving a pistol in a shop.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Note, in my shop
I do just about everything, metal work, wood work, car and heavy equipment
work, etc. &nbsp;</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif"><br>
Thanks in advance.</span>
<br><span style=" font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif"><br>
<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</span>

--=_alternative 0062BD358525853A_=--

--===============0365209279174674959==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============0365209279174674959==--