Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] [TR] Some list admin comments

From: Jeff Scarbrough via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 20:43:37 -0400

--===============0422648272833472872==

--00000000000082a77b05a207be53
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 11:15 AM bill beecher <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Mark,
> Thanks for the update, which reminds me it=E2=80=99s been while since a k=
icked a
> few bucks towards the Fat Chance Garage and Email Hosting Service.
>

And thanks for the reminder to kick in my annual $12.96 to fund this stuff.

--00000000000082a77b05a207be53
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr"><br></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">=
<div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 11:15 AM bill=
 beecher &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</=
a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0p=
x 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Ma=
rk,<br>
Thanks for the update, which reminds me it=E2=80=99s been while since a kic=
ked a few bucks towards the Fat Chance Garage and Email Hosting Service.=C2=
=A0 <br></blockquote><div><br></div><div>And thanks for the reminder=C2=A0t=
o kick in my annual $12.96 to fund this stuff.=C2=A0</div></div></div>

--00000000000082a77b05a207be53--

--===============0422648272833472872==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============0422648272833472872==--

---

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 08:08:18 -0400 03/30/2020 08:08:19 AM, Serialize complete at 03/30/2020 08:08:19 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============6948167071881743101==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0042AE218525853B_=
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--=_alternative 0042AE218525853B_=
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--=_alternative 0042AE218525853B_=--

--===============6948167071881743101==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6948167071881743101==--

---

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 08:10:41 -0400 03/30/2020 08:10:41 AM, Serialize complete at 03/30/2020 08:10:41 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============1572868151974350526==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0042E5FB8525853B_=
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--=_alternative 0042E5FB8525853B_=
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--=_alternative 0042E5FB8525853B_=--

--===============1572868151974350526==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1572868151974350526==--

---

From: Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 06:25:29 -0600

For those wondering, the message I sent to the Triumph list is included 
here, as it was not sent to this list.

The sump gasket thread brought up a couple of issues. First off, I am 
not sure why some addresses, usually AOL based, send out two copies of a 
reply to the list. Don't know if it some bogus setting, operator error, 
bad software or what. Certainly not a big deal.

Secondly:

"I just did this a couple months ago and asked the same question, 
perhaps the thread will be in the archives."

I discovered a while back there is a problem with the search function of 
the archives.  Messages are indeed getting added to the archives [ link 
below for real time, near top for digest ] but the search function 
apparently quit adding new messages to the database some years ago.  
This is, at least to me, a serious problem.  The Team Net email archives 
are an incredible source of information collected over the decades, I 
would like them to be as useful as possible.  Broken searching is not 
useful.

Maybe when I retire in a while I'll have more time to wade through the 
twisty little maze of old. unsupported, outdated software that is behind 
the archives, figure out the problem and get things to where they should 
be.  I'll poke around some before then, not sure how long it may take.

I'm not getting any younger, will be hitting 66 years old in a couple 
weeks, Team Net will be 29 on the same day, so retirement may be just 
around the corner.  We shall see.

But at least for now I will make sure the basic list functions keep on 
keepin' on, as more folks are sitting at home looking for ways to 
entertain, amuse and educate themselves.

Stay healthy, friends.

mjb.

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]