Subject: [Shop-talk] Oil Extractors

From: Bob Spidell via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:08:34 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0487860936917747602==
 boundary="------------0A5EE02F4699837E23ABC2A6"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------0A5EE02F4699837E23ABC2A6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Folks,

What do y'all use to suck oil out of small engines?  I've got one of 
these, but it never worked worth a damn and the tubing got brittle and 
cracked pretty quickly:

*https://tinyurl.com/uh4p7l6*

The problem with it is no matter how fast I pumped there would never be 
sufficient vacuum in the canister to move the oil up and out of a sump.  
I've got several small displacement engines that need their oil changed 
regularly--one is a gravel compactor that weighs over 200lbs--and trying 
to tip the engine enough to drain the oil is a real hassle (and messy).  
Anyone know of something that works (I see HF has something similar, but 
the reviews are mixed and it seems to have the same issues as the 
'Topsider').

TIA,
Bob

--------------0A5EE02F4699837E23ABC2A6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Folks,<br>
    <br>
    What do y'all use to suck oil out of small engines?  I've got one of
    these, but it never worked worth a damn and the tubing got brittle
    and cracked pretty quickly:<br>
    <br>
    <b><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://tinyurl.com/uh4p7l6">https://tinyurl.com/uh4p7l6</a></b><br>
    <br>
    The problem with it is no matter how fast I pumped there would never
    be sufficient vacuum in the canister to move the oil up and out of a
    sump.  I've got several small displacement engines that need their
    oil changed regularly--one is a gravel compactor that weighs over
    200lbs--and trying to tip the engine enough to drain the oil is a
    real hassle (and messy).  Anyone know of something that works (I see
    HF has something similar, but the reviews are mixed and it seems to
    have the same issues as the 'Topsider').<br>
    <br>
    TIA,<br>
    Bob<br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------0A5EE02F4699837E23ABC2A6--

--===============0487860936917747602==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============0487860936917747602==--