Subject: [Shop-talk] Plug for 14/2 solid wire?

From: Jim Franklin via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 15:00:31 -0500

--===============6815405291184708726==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_38F4B421-345D-43C4-A143-6FEF921CCA77";
	protocol="application/pkcs7-signature";
	micalg=sha1

--Apple-Mail=_38F4B421-345D-43C4-A143-6FEF921CCA77
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

I'm addinng external carriage lights and have a 50' roll of 14/2 Romex =
I'd like to use up, not to mention 50' of 14/2 stranded is almost $1/ft.=20=

I'd like to have the lights on a timer. I have outlets in the garage, =
and I happen to have a mechanical timer that you'd use for a livingroom =
lamp, etc.=20

Can I use a regular add-on plug that you'd normally use with stranded =
wire and just attach the Romex to it? Are there plugs made for solid =
wire?=20

I could always use the Romex to extend the circuit to near the carriage =
lights and install an outlet for the timer and buy short lamp cord, but =
that means a trip to the store. That might turn out to be the most =
time/cost/safety efficient method, but if I don't have to get into the =
car AGAIN...

thanks,
jim=

--Apple-Mail=_38F4B421-345D-43C4-A143-6FEF921CCA77
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename=smime.p7s
	name=smime.p7s
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail=_38F4B421-345D-43C4-A143-6FEF921CCA77--

--===============6815405291184708726==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============6815405291184708726==--