Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] alternate use for PEX fittings

From: Brian and Wendy via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 13:31:41 +0000

--===============8930536491502676366==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BYAPR15MB280788B4925A5A27798AEB90BBB60BYAPR15MB2807namp_"

--_000_BYAPR15MB280788B4925A5A27798AEB90BBB60BYAPR15MB2807namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Another option would be the heat shrink hose clamp such as a Gates Powergri=
p

https://www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-power/engine-hose/hose-clamps-amp-couplin=
gs/gates-powergrip-sb-clamp/p/7405-000000-000000

Summit and Jegs both have this style of clamp in a variety of sizes.

Brian Warrick
Nampa, ID
________________________________
From: Shop-talk <[email-masked]> on behalf of john niolon=
 via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2019 8:39 PM
To: shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Shop-talk] alternate use for PEX fittings

I'm trying to install heater lines to my vintage air a/c unit in my truck p=
roject. I'm hampered by access because I filled in the ash tray and the glo=
ve box. And my bulkhead plate and fittings are not where vintage air routes=
 their stuff so their pre-bent tubes don't go where I need them to.

First I tried 5/8" hose and it was too thick to get thru the space I have..=
. then 1/2 tube with the same result.. Last try was 1/2" SS tubing bent in =
desired shape with tubing on each end to attaching fittings, which is gonna=
 work with one exception... I'm having to reduce from 5/8" tube to 1/2" and=
 add an adapter. That's not a problem but all the clamping is the problem. =
Typical screw clamps take up a lot of room and are hindering my route. I=92=
m having to go around the end of the a/c unit next to the kick panel and it=
's tight over there. There is no room for the clamps where I need them.  I =
started researching other clamping solutions and came up with two ideas..

#1 is pex type clamps... either single or double crimp... they work for plu=
mbing at higher pressure than radiator hose and I've used them for air line=
s with good success..

#2 option is using wire clamps from a clamptite tool. this tool is easy to =
fabricate (and not spend 60 bucks) and from what I've seen at the car shows=
 they do make a nice tight secure clamp on the hoses... using stainless ste=
el wire .062 ..

so a question for the plumbers/pipefitters that have worked with PEX... if =
I use standard barbed fittings do you think the Pex crimp type clamps will =
hold and be leak proof... this will be in an non-accessible place when comp=
lete so I=92m looking for foolproof.

I=92m looking at the Oeitker clamps since they seem more robust than the st=
andard single crimp Home Depot variety
oetiker link<https://www.oetiker.com/en/Products/Clamps-and-rings/Ear-Clamp=
s>

the other option is the Crimptite wire clamps

clamp tite example<https://aircraft-tool.com/shop/detail.aspx?id=3DCLT01&As=
pxAutoDetectCookieSupport=3D1>

these will also clamp down tightly as you can see by the examples online. A=
nd, using SS wire should make it even better....

experience ?? opinion ?? guesses ?? all welcome

thanks
john

https://jniolon.classicpickup.com/

--_000_BYAPR15MB280788B4925A5A27798AEB90BBB60BYAPR15MB2807namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DWindows-1=
252">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div>
<div id=3D"appendonsend" style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetica, sans-ser=
if; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; col=
or:rgb(0,0,0)">
Another option would be the heat shrink hose clamp such as a Gates Powergri=
p</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; col=
or:rgb(0,0,0)">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; col=
or:rgb(0,0,0)">
<a href=3D"https://www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-power/engine-hose/hose-clamps-=
amp-couplings/gates-powergrip-sb-clamp/p/7405-000000-000000">https://www.ga=
tes.com/us/en/fluid-power/engine-hose/hose-clamps-amp-couplings/gates-power=
grip-sb-clamp/p/7405-000000-000000</a><br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; col=
or:rgb(0,0,0)">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; col=
or:rgb(0,0,0)">
Summit and Jegs both have this style of clamp in a variety of sizes.</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; col=
or:rgb(0,0,0)">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; col=
or:rgb(0,0,0)">
Brian Warrick</div>
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size:12pt; col=
or:rgb(0,0,0)">
Nampa, ID</div>
<hr tabindex=3D"-1" style=3D"display:inline-block; width:98%">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font face=3D"Calibri, sans-serif" co=
lor=3D"#000000" style=3D"font-size:11pt"><b>From:</b> Shop-talk &lt;shop-ta=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of john niolon via Shop-talk &lt;sh=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Monday, September 9, 2019 8:39 PM<br>
<b>To:</b> shop-talk &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Subject:</b> [Shop-talk] alternate use for PEX fittings</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-size:12pt; font-family:'Calibri'; color:#000000">
<div><font face=3D"Verdana"><font size=3D"2"><span style=3D"font-family:; w=
hite-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float:none; color=
:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacing:normal; te=
xt-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps:normal; tex=
t-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"><font color=3D"#=
222222">I'm
 trying to install heater lines to my vintage air a/c unit in my truck proj=
ect. I'm hampered by access because I filled in the ash tray and the glove =
box. And my bulkhead plate and fittings are not where vintage air routes th=
eir stuff so their pre-bent tubes
 don't go where I need them to.</font></span><br style=3D"box-sizing:border=
-box; font-size:13px; font-family:verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot;lucida grande=
&quot;,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; te=
xt-transform:none; font-weight:400; color:rgb(34,34,34); font-style:normal;=
 orphans:2; widows:2; letter-spacing:normal; background-color:rgb(255,255,2=
55); text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps:norm=
al; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial">
<br style=3D"box-sizing:border-box; font-size:13px; font-family:verdana,gen=
eva,lucida,&quot;lucida grande&quot;,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; white-spac=
e:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; font-weight:400; color:rgb=
(34,34,34); font-style:normal; orphans:2; widows:2; letter-spacing:normal; =
background-color:rgb(255,255,255); text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:=
normal; font-variant-caps:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decor=
ation-color:initial">
</font><font size=3D"2"><font color=3D"#222222"><span style=3D"font-family:=
; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float:none; co=
lor:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacing:normal;=
 text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps:normal; =
text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial">First
 I tried 5/8&quot; hose and it was too thick to get thru the space I have..=
. then 1/2 tube with the same result.. Last try was 1/2&quot; SS tubing ben=
t in desired shape with tubing on each end to attaching fittings, which is =
gonna work with one exception... I'm having
 to reduce from 5/8&quot; tube to 1/2&quot; and add an adapter. That's not =
a problem but all the clamping is the problem. Typical screw clamps take up=
 a lot of room and are hindering my route. I=92m having to go around the en=
d of the a/c unit next to the kick panel and
 it's tight over there. There is no room for the clamps where I need them.&=
nbsp; I started researching other clamping solutions and came up with two i=
deas..</span><br style=3D"box-sizing:border-box; font-size:13px; font-famil=
y:verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot;lucida grande&quot;,arial,helvetica,sans-seri=
f; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; font-weight:4=
00; color:rgb(34,34,34); font-style:normal; orphans:2; widows:2; letter-spa=
cing:normal; background-color:rgb(255,255,255); text-indent:0px; font-varia=
nt-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps:normal; text-decoration-style:initia=
l; text-decoration-color:initial">
<br style=3D"box-sizing:border-box; font-size:13px; font-family:verdana,gen=
eva,lucida,&quot;lucida grande&quot;,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; white-spac=
e:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; font-weight:400; color:rgb=
(34,34,34); font-style:normal; orphans:2; widows:2; letter-spacing:normal; =
background-color:rgb(255,255,255); text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:=
normal; font-variant-caps:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decor=
ation-color:initial">
</font><span style=3D"font-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; t=
ext-transform:none; float:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline=
!important; letter-spacing:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:=
normal; font-variant-caps:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decor=
ation-color:initial"><font color=3D"#222222">#1
 is pex type clamps... either single or double crimp... they work for plumb=
ing at higher pressure than radiator hose and I've used them for air lines =
with good success..</font></span></font></font></div>
<div><font face=3D"Verdana"><span style=3D"font-family:; white-space:normal=
; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float:none; color:; orphans:2; wid=
ows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacing:normal; text-indent:0px; fo=
nt-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps:normal; text-decoration-styl=
e:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"><font color=3D"#222222" size=3D"2=
"></font></span></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font size=3D"2"><font face=3D"Verdana"><span style=3D"font-family:; w=
hite-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float:none; color=
:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacing:normal; te=
xt-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps:normal; tex=
t-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"><font color=3D"#=
222222">#2
 option is using wire clamps from a clamptite tool. this tool is easy to fa=
bricate (and not spend 60 bucks) and from what I've seen at the car shows t=
hey do make a nice tight secure clamp on the hoses... using stainless steel=
 wire .062 .</font></span></font><font face=3D"Verdana"><span style=3D"font=
-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float:=
none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacing=
:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps:=
normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"><font=
 color=3D"#222222">.</font></span></font></font></div>
<div><font color=3D"#222222" size=3D"2" face=3D"Verdana"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"></sp=
an></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font color=3D"#222222" size=3D"2" face=3D"Verdana"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial">so
 a question for the plumbers/pipefitters that have worked with PEX... if I =
use standard barbed fittings do you think the Pex crimp type clamps will ho=
ld and be leak proof... this will be in an non-accessible place when comple=
te so I=92m looking for foolproof.&nbsp;
</span></font></div>
<div><font color=3D"#222222" size=3D"2" face=3D"Verdana"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"></sp=
an></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font color=3D"#222222" size=3D"2" face=3D"Verdana"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial">I=92=
m
 looking at the Oeitker clamps since they seem more robust than the standar=
d single crimp Home Depot variety</span></font></div>
<div><font color=3D"#222222" size=3D"2" face=3D"Verdana"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"><a h=
ref=3D"https://www.oetiker.com/en/Products/Clamps-and-rings/Ear-Clamps">oet=
iker
 link</a></span></font></div>
<div><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"3" face=3D"Calibri"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"></sp=
an></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"3" face=3D"Calibri"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial">the
 other option is the Crimptite wire clamps</span></font></div>
<div><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"3" face=3D"Calibri"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"></sp=
an></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"3" face=3D"Calibri"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"><a h=
ref=3D"https://aircraft-tool.com/shop/detail.aspx?id=3DCLT01&amp;AspxAutoDe=
tectCookieSupport=3D1">clamp
 tite example</a></span></font></div>
<div><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"3" face=3D"Calibri"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"></sp=
an></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"3" face=3D"Calibri"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial">thes=
e
 will also clamp down tightly as you can see by the examples online. And, u=
sing SS wire should make it even better....</span></font></div>
<div><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"3" face=3D"Calibri"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"></sp=
an></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"3" face=3D"Calibri"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial">expe=
rience
 ?? opinion ?? guesses ?? all welcome</span></font></div>
<div><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"3" face=3D"Calibri"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"></sp=
an></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"3" face=3D"Calibri"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial">than=
ks</span></font></div>
<div><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"3" face=3D"Calibri"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial">john=
</span></font></div>
<div><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"3" face=3D"Calibri"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"></sp=
an></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font color=3D"#000000" size=3D"3" face=3D"Calibri"><span style=3D"fon=
t-family:; white-space:normal; word-spacing:0px; text-transform:none; float=
:none; color:; orphans:2; widows:2; display:inline!important; letter-spacin=
g:normal; text-indent:0px; font-variant-ligatures:normal; font-variant-caps=
:normal; text-decoration-style:initial; text-decoration-color:initial"></sp=
an></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><br>
<br>
<font size=3D"2">https://jniolon.classicpickup.com/</font></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_BYAPR15MB280788B4925A5A27798AEB90BBB60BYAPR15MB2807namp_--

--===============8930536491502676366==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============8930536491502676366==--

---

From: ERIC RUSSELL via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 10:07:49 -0400 (EDT)

--===============0892337202041811497==
	boundary="=_a6d8dfa1-988c-4d25-aacb-8c37468b5e32"

--=_a6d8dfa1-988c-4d25-aacb-8c37468b5e32
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

All I can offer are guesses. Would a place that makes hydraulic hoses be able to supply you with an alternative? Maybe they have reducing fittings? And once crimped together it should make a long-life connection. Perhaps they could even fabricate a SS or Al tube bent to the desired configuration with appropriate fittings on each end? 
Eric RussellMebane, NC  

--=_a6d8dfa1-988c-4d25-aacb-8c37468b5e32
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><style> body {height: 100%; color:#000000; font-size:12pt; font=
-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}</style></head><body><div>All I can o=
ffer are guesses.&nbsp;</div><div><br data-mce-bogus=3D"1"></div><div>Would=
 a place that makes hydraulic hoses be able to supply you with an alternati=
ve? Maybe they have reducing fittings? And once crimped together it should =
make a long-life connection. Perhaps they could even fabricate a SS or Al t=
ube bent to the desired configuration with appropriate fittings on each end=
?&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>Eric Russell</div><div>Mebane, NC&nbsp;</d=
iv><div>&nbsp;</div><div><div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><span color=
=3D"#000000" size=3D"3" face=3D"Calibri" data-mce-style=3D"color: #000000; =
font-family: Calibri; font-size: medium;" style=3D"color: #000000; font-fam=
ily: Calibri; font-size: medium;"><span style=3D"; white-space: normal; wor=
d-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; float: none; ; orphans: 2; widows: 2;=
 display: inline!important; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px; font-=
variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; text-decoration-style=
: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;" data-mce-style=3D"; white-space=
: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; float: none; ; orphans: =
2; widows: 2; display: inline!important; letter-spacing: normal; text-inden=
t: 0px; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; text-dec=
oration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;"></span></span></di=
v><div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-fam=
ily: 'Calibri'; color: #000000;" data-mce-style=3D"font-size: 12pt; font-fa=
mily: 'Calibri'; color: #000000;"><div><div><br></div><span size=3D"2" data=
-mce-style=3D"font-size: small;" style=3D"font-size: small;"></span></div><=
/div></div></div></div><div><br></div></body></html>
--=_a6d8dfa1-988c-4d25-aacb-8c37468b5e32--

--===============0892337202041811497==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0892337202041811497==--

---

From: Jimmie Mayfield via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 10:18:15 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============1086092173719524394==
 boundary="------------99E37299E769FC467A2C39A9"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------99E37299E769FC467A2C39A9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I was thinking the same.  Heat-shrink hose clamps should do the job nice 
and compact.

On 9/10/19 9:31 AM, Brian and Wendy via Shop-talk wrote:
> Another option would be the heat shrink hose clamp such as a Gates 
> Powergrip
>
> https://www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-power/engine-hose/hose-clamps-amp-couplings/gates-powergrip-sb-clamp/p/7405-000000-000000
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>

--------------99E37299E769FC467A2C39A9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">I was thinking the same.  Heat-shrink
      hose clamps should do the job nice and compact.<br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix"><br>
    </div>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 9/10/19 9:31 AM, Brian and Wendy via
      Shop-talk wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <style type="text/css" style="display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;} </style>
      <div>
        <div id="appendonsend" style="font-family: Calibri, Helvetica,
          sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
        </div>
        <div style="font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;
          font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
          Another option would be the heat shrink hose clamp such as a
          Gates Powergrip</div>
        <div style="font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;
          font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
          <br>
        </div>
        <div style="font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;
          font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
          <a
href="https://www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-power/engine-hose/hose-clamps-amp-couplings/gates-powergrip-sb-clamp/p/7405-000000-000000"
            moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-power/engine-hose/hose-clamps-amp-couplings/gates-powergrip-sb-clamp/p/7405-000000-000000</a><br>
        </div>
        <div style="font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;
          font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
          <br>
        </div>
        <div style="font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;
          font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
          Summit and Jegs both have this style of clamp in a variety of
          sizes.</div>
        <div style="font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;
          font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
          <br>
        </div>
        <div style="font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;
          font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
          Brian Warrick</div>
        <div style="font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;
          font-size:12pt; color:rgb(0,0,0)">
          Nampa, ID</div>
        <hr tabindex="-1" style="display:inline-block; width:98%"><br>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <p><br>
    </p>
  </body>
</html>

--------------99E37299E769FC467A2C39A9--

--===============1086092173719524394==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1086092173719524394==--

---

From: "Peter J. Thomas via Shop-talk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 11:09:47 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0053007374885857061==
 boundary="------------095F56296CD15BAA8C7A15DB"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------095F56296CD15BAA8C7A15DB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Just my limited experience with replumbing a house with PEX using the SS 
band clamps.  They are fine until you start pulling and flexing on the 
tubes.  They can leak but will seal up once left alone.  This might be a 
problem in a truck.  The issue isn't the bands the issue is the PEX.  
The clamps are quite similar to crimped clamps used on modern cars.

On 9/9/2019 10:39 PM, john niolon via Shop-talk wrote:
>
> #1 is pex type clamps... either single or double crimp... they work 
> for plumbing at higher pressure than radiator hose and I've used them 
> for air lines with good success..
> #2 option is using wire clamps from a clamptite tool. this tool is 
> easy to fabricate (and not spend 60 bucks) and from what I've seen at 
> the car shows they do make a nice tight secure clamp on the hoses... 
> using stainless steel wire .062 ..
> so a question for the plumbers/pipefitters that have worked with 
> PEX... if I use standard barbed fittings do you think the Pex crimp 
> type clamps will hold and be leak proof... this will be in an 
> non-accessible place when complete so I’m looking for foolproof.
> I’m looking at the Oeitker clamps since they seem more robust than the 
> standard single crimp Home Depot variety
> oetiker link 
> <https://www.oetiker.com/en/Products/Clamps-and-rings/Ear-Clamps>
> clamp tite example 
> <https://aircraft-tool.com/shop/detail.aspx?id=CLT01&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1>
> these will also clamp down tightly as you can see by the examples 
> online. And, using SS wire should make it even better....
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>

--------------095F56296CD15BAA8C7A15DB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Just my limited experience with
      replumbing a house with PEX using the SS band clamps.  They are
      fine until you start pulling and flexing on the tubes.  They can
      leak but will seal up once left alone.  This might be a problem in
      a truck.  The issue isn't the bands the issue is the PEX.  The
      clamps are quite similar to crimped clamps used on modern cars.<br>
      <br>
      On 9/9/2019 10:39 PM, john niolon via Shop-talk wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:2CE3A839CCA4477E9D4B9DA41321E667@Johnsdesktop">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div dir="ltr">
        <div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR:
          #000000">
          <div><font face="Verdana"><font size="2"><font color="#222222"><span
                    style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal;
                    WORD-SPACING: 0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT:
                    none; COLOR: ; ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY:
                    inline !important; LETTER-SPACING: normal;
                    TEXT-INDENT: 0px; font-variant-ligatures: normal;
                    font-variant-caps: normal;
                    -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                    text-decoration-style: initial;
                    text-decoration-color: initial"></span><br
                    style="BOX-SIZING: border-box; FONT-SIZE: 13px;
                    FONT-FAMILY: verdana, geneva, lucida, &quot;lucida
                    grande&quot;, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
                    WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px;
                    TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR:
                    rgb(34,34,34); FONT-STYLE: normal; ORPHANS: 2;
                    WIDOWS: 2; LETTER-SPACING: normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR:
                    rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                    font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                    normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                    text-decoration-style: initial;
                    text-decoration-color: initial">
                </font><span style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal;
                  WORD-SPACING: 0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none;
                  COLOR: ; ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline
                  !important; LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                  font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                  normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                  text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                  initial"><font color="#222222">#1 is pex type
                    clamps... either single or double crimp... they work
                    for plumbing at higher pressure than radiator hose
                    and I've used them for air lines with good success..</font></span></font></font></div>
          <div><font face="Verdana"><span style="FONT-FAMILY: ;
                WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM:
                none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ; ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2;
                DISPLAY: inline !important; LETTER-SPACING: normal;
                TEXT-INDENT: 0px; font-variant-ligatures: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width:
                0px; text-decoration-style: initial;
                text-decoration-color: initial"></span></font> </div>
          <div><font size="2"><font face="Verdana"><span
                  style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal;
                  WORD-SPACING: 0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none;
                  COLOR: ; ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline
                  !important; LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                  font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                  normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                  text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                  initial"><font color="#222222">#2 option is using wire
                    clamps from a clamptite tool. this tool is easy to
                    fabricate (and not spend 60 bucks) and from what
                    I've seen at the car shows they do make a nice tight
                    secure clamp on the hoses... using stainless steel
                    wire .062 .</font></span></font><font face="Verdana"><span
                  style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal;
                  WORD-SPACING: 0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none;
                  COLOR: ; ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline
                  !important; LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                  font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                  normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                  text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                  initial"><font color="#222222">.</font></span></font></font></div>
          <div><font size="2" face="Verdana" color="#222222"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial"></span></font> </div>
          <div><font size="2" face="Verdana" color="#222222"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial">so a question for the plumbers/pipefitters that
                have worked with PEX... if I use standard barbed
                fittings do you think the Pex crimp type clamps will
                hold and be leak proof... this will be in an
                non-accessible place when complete so I’m looking for
                foolproof.  </span></font></div>
          <div><font size="2" face="Verdana" color="#222222"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial"></span></font> </div>
          <div><font size="2" face="Verdana" color="#222222"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial">I’m looking at the Oeitker clamps since they
                seem more robust than the standard single crimp Home
                Depot variety</span></font></div>
          <div><font size="2" face="Verdana" color="#222222"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial"><a
                  href="https://www.oetiker.com/en/Products/Clamps-and-rings/Ear-Clamps"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">oetiker link</a></span></font></div>
          <div><font size="3" face="Calibri" color="#000000"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial"></span></font> </div>
          <div><font size="3" face="Calibri" color="#000000"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial">the other option is the Crimptite wire clamps</span></font></div>
          <div><font size="3" face="Calibri" color="#000000"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial"></span></font> </div>
          <div><font size="3" face="Calibri" color="#000000"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial"><a
href="https://aircraft-tool.com/shop/detail.aspx?id=CLT01&amp;AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1"
                  moz-do-not-send="true">clamp tite example</a></span></font></div>
          <div><font size="3" face="Calibri" color="#000000"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial"></span></font> </div>
          <div><font size="3" face="Calibri" color="#000000"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial">these will also clamp down tightly as you can
                see by the examples online. And, using SS wire should
                make it even better....</span></font></div>
          <div><font size="3" face="Calibri" color="#000000"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial"></span></font> </div>
          <div><font size="3" face="Calibri" color="#000000"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial">experience ?? opinion ?? guesses ?? all welcome</span></font></div>
          <div><font size="3" face="Calibri" color="#000000"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial"></span></font> </div>
          <div><font size="3" face="Calibri" color="#000000"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial">thanks</span></font></div>
          <div><font size="3" face="Calibri" color="#000000"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial">john</span></font></div>
          <div><font size="3" face="Calibri" color="#000000"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial"></span></font> </div>
          <div><font size="3" face="Calibri" color="#000000"><span
                style="FONT-FAMILY: ; WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING:
                0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; FLOAT: none; COLOR: ;
                ORPHANS: 2; WIDOWS: 2; DISPLAY: inline !important;
                LETTER-SPACING: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px;
                font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color:
                initial"></span></font> </div>
          <div><br>
            <br>
            <font size="2"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://jniolon.classicpickup.com/">https://jniolon.classicpickup.com/</a></font></div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <p><br>
    </p>
  </body>
</html>

--------------095F56296CD15BAA8C7A15DB--

--===============0053007374885857061==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0053007374885857061==--

---

From: John Miller via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:12:26 -0700

> which is gonna work with one exception... I'm having to reduce from 5/8" 
> tube to 1/2" and add an adapter. 

Any way you could braze/solder/TIG as appropriate the reducer to the 
5/8in outlet to cut down on the number of hoses/tubes/clamped joints?

> standard single crimp Home Depot variety

I use Oetiker clamps all over the place on everything that doesn't need 
to be readily separable.  I use them on air hoses, hell I use them on 
backyard garden hoses.  On 40+PSI EFI systems I generally use two per 
connection just for the hell of it.

Use where possible the smooth-band type with the tongue inside that 
fully surrounds the tube.   The one downside of Oetikers is that if you 
use them regularly you have a whole drawer of little bins full of 
different sizes because the clamping range for each size is not very broad.

Oh, and get some real clamping pliers...

John.

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

---

From: John Miller via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:42:45 -0700

On 9/10/2019 8:12 AM, John Miller via Shop-talk wrote:
>> which is gonna work with one exception... I'm having to reduce from 
>> 5/8" tube to 1/2" and add an adapter. 
> 

I will note that on my '65 Mustang with later Fox 5.0 conversion and 
Vintage Air installation (intended for a carbed setup), I retained the 
Fox-style hard-line (copper alloy) heater-water manifold, trimmed down 
the back end of the outlet tube, wire brushed the crap out of the inside 
of the tube, pressed the Vintage Air (Chevy-style) heater valve into the 
tube, rotated it so that the actuator lever and cable cleared everything 
(not by too much) then flowed some Metalset A4 epoxy heated to 
warm-cheap-pancake-syrup consistency into the assembly behind the 
valve's barb.

This took about six inches I didn't have off the length of the whole 
assembly, from what it'd have been with hose segments holding the bits 
together.

So far so good, we'll see how it holds up over time.

John.

[email-masked]

---

From: john niolon via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 12:39:12 -0500

--===============7655175043248464231==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_018C_01D567D4.BFCD2D00"

------=_NextPart_000_018C_01D567D4.BFCD2D00
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

thanks for all the suggestions and after talking to the Gates tech guy =
and the guy at jegs.com I=92ve ordered a couple of necessary sizes... =
more to come

j

From: Jimmie Mayfield via Shop-talk=20
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:18 AM
To: [email-masked]=20
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] alternate use for PEX fittings

I was thinking the same.  Heat-shrink hose clamps should do the job nice =
and compact.

  Another option would be the heat shrink hose clamp such as a Gates =
Powergrip

  =
https://www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-power/engine-hose/hose-clamps-amp-coupl=
ings/gates-powergrip-sb-clamp/p/7405-000000-000000

  Brian Warrick
  Nampa, ID

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-----

  =20

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
http://autox.team.net/archive

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/mayfield+shoptalk@sackhea=
ds.org

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
http://autox.team.net/archive

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_018C_01D567D4.BFCD2D00
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html;&#13;&#10;      charset=3Dwindows-1252"=20
http-equiv=3DContent-Type></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr bgColor=3D#ffffff text=3D#000000>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>thanks for all the suggestions and after talking to the Gates tech =
guy and=20
the guy at jegs.com I=92ve ordered a couple of necessary sizes... more =
to=20
come</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>j</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Jimmie Mayfield via =
Shop-talk</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:18 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> =
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Shop-talk] alternate use for PEX=20
fittings</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV class=3Dmoz-cite-prefix>I was thinking the same.&nbsp; Heat-shrink =
hose=20
clamps should do the job nice and compact.<BR></DIV>
<DIV class=3Dmoz-cite-prefix>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dmoz-cite-prefix>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3Dmoz-cite-prefix>On 9/10/19 9:31 AM, Brian and Wendy via =
Shop-talk=20
wrote:<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
cite=3Dmid:[email-masked].=
prod.outlook.com=20
type=3D"cite">
  <STYLE style=3D"DISPLAY: none"=20
  type=3Dtext/css> p {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;} </STYLE>

  <DIV>
  <DIV id=3Dappendonsend=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: calibri, helvetica,&#13;&#10;   =
       sans-serif; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)"></DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: calibri,helvetica,sans-serif; =
COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)">Another=20
  option would be the heat shrink hose clamp such as a Gates =
Powergrip</DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: calibri,helvetica,sans-serif; =
COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)">&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: calibri,helvetica,sans-serif; =
COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)"><A=20
  =
href=3D"https://www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-power/engine-hose/hose-clamps-a=
mp-couplings/gates-powergrip-sb-clamp/p/7405-000000-000000"=20
  =
moz-do-not-send=3D"true">https://www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-power/engine-h=
ose/hose-clamps-amp-couplings/gates-powergrip-sb-clamp/p/7405-000000-0000=
00</A><BR></DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: calibri,helvetica,sans-serif; =
COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)">&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: calibri,helvetica,sans-serif; =
COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)">Summit=20
  and Jegs both have this style of clamp in a variety of sizes.</DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: calibri,helvetica,sans-serif; =
COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)">&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: calibri,helvetica,sans-serif; =
COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)">Brian=20
  Warrick</DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: calibri,helvetica,sans-serif; =
COLOR: rgb(0,0,0)">Nampa,=20
  ID</DIV>
  <HR tabIndex=3D-1 style=3D"WIDTH: 98%; DISPLAY: inline-block">
  <BR></DIV><BR>
  <FIELDSET class=3DmimeAttachmentHeader></FIELDSET> <PRE =
class=3Dmoz-quote-pre =
wrap=3D"">_______________________________________________

<A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-abbreviated =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/A>
Archive: <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk">http://www.team.net/pipe=
rmail/shop-talk</A> <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</A>

href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/mayfield+shoptalk=
@sackheads.org">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/mayfield+=
[email-masked]</A>

</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR><BR>[email-masked]=
am.net<BR>Donate:=20
$12.96<BR>Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk=20
http://autox.team.net/archive<BR><BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]<BR><BR></=
DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_018C_01D567D4.BFCD2D00--

--===============7655175043248464231==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7655175043248464231==--