Subject: [Shop-talk] Self contained home security cameras

From: Ronnie Day via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 22:54:15 -0500

--===============8945709405445507043==

--000000000000f245cd058fa722d9

We live in the country on 10 acres. Our nearest neighbors are around a mile
away. We don't bother to lock the doors unless we're going to be gone at
least overnight. Someone could bulldoze the house and no one would be
likely to hear or see it happening. Monitored home security is really a
non-starter. We're 35 miles from the nearest town that would provide that
type of service.

I just realized that I could put up small, self contained "game" type
cameras to cover the front and back doors, hopefully to help ID anyone that
breaks in, and reinforce any insurance claims. I'm talking battery powered
or at least battery back-up, motion controlled, using SD cards or some
other removable memory.

Just started research, but thought tossing it out to the group worth doing.

RD

--000000000000f245cd058fa722d9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">We live in the country on 10 acres. Our nearest neighbors =
are around a mile away. We don&#39;t bother to lock the doors unless we&#39=
;re going to be gone at least overnight. Someone could bulldoze the house a=
nd no one would be likely to hear or see it happening. Monitored home secur=
ity is really a non-starter. We&#39;re 35 miles from the nearest town that =
would provide that type of service.=C2=A0<div><br></div><div>I just realize=
d that I could put up small, self contained &quot;game&quot; type cameras t=
o cover the front and back doors, hopefully to help ID anyone that breaks i=
n, and reinforce any insurance claims. I&#39;m talking battery powered or a=
t least battery back-up, motion controlled, using SD cards or some other re=
movable memory.</div><div><br></div><div>Just started research, but thought=
 tossing it out to the group worth doing.</div><div><br></div><div>RD</div>=
</div>

--000000000000f245cd058fa722d9--

--===============8945709405445507043==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============8945709405445507043==--