Subject: [Shop-talk] Plumbing fun

From: Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 14:44:17 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------E488F6EF817DC4BAE07B2290
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

So I replaced the old, leaking valve and union with new bits. This is 
the feed to the outside front hose faucet.  Managed to wiggle it all 
just right to get it to fit and tighten up properly.  Turn on the valve 
and start getting wet.  The new parts aren't leaking, it is the old 
joint at the union at the wall, that skanky looking bit with the dark 
discoloration.  Guess the wiggling around disturbed it to the point of 
failing.

I'm thinking of replacing the pipes between the new valve and the 
leaking union with a short of piece of flexible hose, like maybe a 
washing machine fill hose, or something similar.  Of course, access is 
going to be a pain, will need to dig out the saw and start whacking away 
more old sheetrock first.

What fun.

Of course, the REAL fix is to replumb the entire house, I'm sure a LOT 
of the pipe look like the inside of the old valve I removed.

mjb.

--------------E488F6EF817DC4BAE07B2290
 name="20190729_234520.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="20190729_234520.jpg"

--------------E488F6EF817DC4BAE07B2290
 name="20181119_131922.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="20181119_131922.jpg"

--------------E488F6EF817DC4BAE07B2290
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--------------E488F6EF817DC4BAE07B2290--