Subject: [Shop-talk] add water to "maintenance-free" battery?

From: Lee Daniels via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 17:18:01 -0500

------=_20190721171801_63112
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I suspect this has come up before, but my quick archive search didn't turn up
anything.

The DieHard in my TR6 is several years old, but it sits on a Battery MINDer
most of the time. Lately when I start the car, I first get one short "Rrr"
like a dead battery. But keep trying and it turns over *very* reluctantly for
a few revs, then (so far) builds speed, and eventually starts. After a drive,
it starts normally.

It's now sat for a day, so I figured I'd check the water level - but, uh-oh,
can't figure out a way to get the cover off without tearing up the battery.
See attached photo. I can pry on the two ends and get them to barely move, but
the edges of the cover don't budge with gentle prying.

Out of the car, I measure >12.8V, and it's never had any corrosion etc. Is
there anything I can do with this thing?

Thanks
 Lee
------=_20190721171801_63112
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="20190721_164656.jpg"

------=_20190721171801_63112
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

------=_20190721171801_63112--