Subject: [Shop-talk] Rubber bungee cords

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 17:30:55 -0400 06/12/2019 05:30:58 PM, Serialize complete at 06/12/2019 05:30:58 PM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============2470099523125638178==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 007630D885258417_=

Here is a quick question,  is there anyway to prolong the life of one of 
those common black rubber bungee cords?

My wood processor has custom made ones that dry rotted after about 5 years 
of indoor storage.  They aren't expensive, but it's a pain to have to 
order them.

Is there something I can put on them (an oil or silicone or something) to 
prevent them from dry rotting?  Also, should I leave them without tension 
when not in use?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 007630D885258417_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Here is a quick question, &nbsp;is there
anyway to prolong the life of one of those common black rubber bungee cords?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">My wood processor has custom made ones
that dry rotted after about 5 years of indoor storage. &nbsp;They aren't
expensive, but it's a pain to have to order them.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Is there something I can put on them
(an oil or silicone or something) to prevent them from dry rotting? &nbsp;Also,
should I leave them without tension when not in use?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks in advance for any help.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>
--=_alternative 007630D885258417_=--

--===============2470099523125638178==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============2470099523125638178==--