Subject: [Shop-talk] High end Flare nut wrench sets- and the power of induction!

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 07:57:36 -0400 05/02/2019 07:57:38 AM, Serialize complete at 05/02/2019 07:57:38 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============3061692091300095868==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0041B235852583EE_=

Morning all!

I'm not a snap-on guy, I realize the quality is there, but I normally 
don't need it for the premium it costs.

Last night, I was working on brake lines and some of the nuts were rusted 
on tight.  My normal flare wrenches were actually opening up as I put 
force on them. 

So I'm ready to put serious money on a good set (both metric and SAE), but 
not knowing the top end brands well, which should I look for?

Is Snap-on the way to go?  Is Mac or another brand just as good?  What 
about the gear wrench brand and other ones on Amazon?  (like these OEM 
brand https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07876M87B/ref=psdc_553422_t2_B000V5CZXY  
NOTE, I do NOT want flex head.)

Also, where is a good place to get the wrenches?  If I go Snap-on, do I 
have to find a truck?

BTW, in the end I got to use my induction bolt heater for a stuck on 
bleeder valve.  I couldn't believe how well it worked!  About 4 mins from 
opening the case to putting it back down.  A few minutes to let the nut 
cool, and it just came right off!

Here is the link...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PDBVWJM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

No flames, no damage to any of the rubber lines near the nut.  Just 'as 
seen on YouTube' action!

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 0041B235852583EE_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Morning all!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I'm not a snap-on guy, I realize the
quality is there, but I normally don't need it for the premium it costs.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Last night, I was working on brake lines
and some of the nuts were rusted on tight. &nbsp;My normal flare wrenches
were actually opening up as I put force on them. &nbsp;</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">So I'm ready to put serious money on
a good set (both metric and SAE), but not knowing the top end brands well,
which should I look for?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Is Snap-on the way to go? &nbsp;Is Mac
or another brand just as good? &nbsp;What about the gear wrench brand and
other ones on Amazon? &nbsp;(like these OEM brand </font><a href="https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07876M87B/ref=psdc_553422_t2_B000V5CZXY"><font size=3 color=blue><u>https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07876M87B/ref=psdc_553422_t2_B000V5CZXY</u></font></a><font size=3>
</font><font size=2 face="sans-serif">&nbsp; NOTE, I do NOT want flex head.)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Also, where is a good place to get the
wrenches? &nbsp;If I go Snap-on, do I have to find a truck?</font>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">BTW, in the end I got to use my induction
bolt heater for a stuck on bleeder valve. &nbsp;I couldn't believe how
well it worked! &nbsp;About 4 mins from opening the case to putting it
back down. &nbsp;A few minutes to let the nut cool, and it just came right
off!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Here is the link...</font>
<br><a href="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PDBVWJM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&amp;psc=1"><font size=3 color=blue><u>https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PDBVWJM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&amp;psc=1</u></font></a><font size=3>
</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">No flames, no damage to any of the rubber
lines near the nut. &nbsp;Just 'as seen on YouTube' action!</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>
--=_alternative 0041B235852583EE_=--

--===============3061692091300095868==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

--===============3061692091300095868==--