Subject: [Shop-talk] The time has come?

From: Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 20:47:12 -0600

So many years I spun a bearing in the Killer Spit during an IVR race out 
at Wendover.  It was the same summer I got laid off from my job at the U 
of U.  I decided at that time it would be wise to ot spend money redoing 
the motor and continuing to race.  That was, like 2005?

Earlier this month I attended the VARA British Extravaganza at 
Buttonwillow Raceway in California.  Highlight of the weekend was the 
annual Kastner Cup event.  Had a great timefor the most part, and got 
inspired.  So I am going to commit to getting the Killer Spit back in 
action.  Probably just an autocross or two near the end of the summer, 
on a real racetrack in 2020 or 2021.  We shall see.

But gee, the garage has been used for a storage closet for years, a 
complete mess.  Many tools and parts and stuff were lost when I couldn't 
keep paying the rent on storage units and the contents were auctioned 
off.  I may have to actually buy a few things this summer to carry out 
my plan.  Like an engine stand and a crane to lift motors in and out. 
Maybe more painting stuff, another HVLP gun or two.  Gosh, I may be 
asking for advice and recommendations on a few things this summer, sure 
you folks will be quite helpful.

First order of business is defrosting the old fridge out there, it got a 
bit of buildup.

mjb.

Frosty Fridge
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]