Subject: [Shop-talk] Pipe/tube size

From: Jeff Scarbrough via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 19:44:14 -0400

I have a commercial laundry sink that I'd like to make sit a little
higher.  The legs appear to be a regular tube of some type (has a weld
stripe down the side).   At first I assumed it was EMT, since it seems
the same weight and construction.  I figured it would be simple to get
some longer pieces... But the legs have an OD of 1-5/16", and I don't
find a standard EMT size to match.  Wall thickness is about 1/16" +/-.
The leg fits in a socket in the sink, and a foot is inserted into the
tube at the bottom, so size is pretty critical.

Any ideas on what it might be?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk http://autox.team.net/archive

---

From: "Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA via Shop-talk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 17:50:00 -0700

Jeff
Sorry, I don't know exactly "what" it is, but I know exactly what
you're talking about since I SHORTENED my leg on my commercial
sink last year (sorry 'bout that)!  In my case, IIRC, the socket on the
underside of the sink is a sloppy fit, but it has a set screw on the
side that firmly locates the leg and keeps it from being wobbly.
The adjustable bottom floor fitting on the let fits inside the tube
so that's the critical measurement.  Also, in many places the adjustable
feet are rather expensive, but I kept looking and eventually found
a source for 1/3 or 1/4 the cost quoted by others.  Again, sorry
but I don't recall the source.  I spent some time with Google, etc.
and found the better source.
Good luck!
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA
www.leatherplates.com

-----Original Message----- 
From: Jeff Scarbrough via Shop-talk
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2019 4:44 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Shop-talk] Pipe/tube size

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk 
http://autox.team.net/archive

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

[email-masked]