Subject: [Shop-talk] motion lights

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 09:35:40 -0400 04/22/2019 09:35:35 AM, Serialize complete at 04/22/2019 09:35:35 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============7067716088776403304==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 004AAB30852583E4_=

OK, I'm tapping the vast wisdom here for a problem I've been dealing with 
for years now.

I love motion lights.  I live in a very rural area and they are key to my 
peace of mind.

The problem is, they seem to fail at an increasing rate and just stay 
either on or off.  (I know they have a feature if you flip the lights on 
and off they can override the sensor, that isn't the case in these 
lights.)

I have some lights that have lasted over 15 years, and the new replacement 
ones are barely lasting 2 years.  I've tried the new LED ones as well (and 
LED bulbs in older style ones.)  I don't get lots of power fluctuations or 
outages. 

Can anyone recommend an outdoor  motion light that is durable?  Preferably 
one that does NOT have the override feature, if possible,?

Or, can someone tell me what is causing the failures and what I can do to 
fix the problem?

Thanks

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 004AAB30852583E4_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">OK, I'm tapping the vast wisdom here for
a problem I've been dealing with for years now.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I love motion lights. &nbsp;I live in
a very rural area and they are key to my peace of mind.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">The problem is, they seem to fail at
an increasing rate and just stay either on or off. &nbsp;(I know they have
a feature if you flip the lights on and off they can override the sensor,
that isn't the case in these lights.)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I have some lights that have lasted
over 15 years, and the new replacement ones are barely lasting 2 years.
&nbsp;I've tried the new LED ones as well (and LED bulbs in older style
ones.) &nbsp;I don't get lots of power fluctuations or outages. </font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Can anyone recommend an outdoor &nbsp;motion
light that is durable? &nbsp;Preferably one that does NOT have the override
feature, if possible,?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Or, can someone tell me what is causing
the failures and what I can do to fix the problem?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>
--=_alternative 004AAB30852583E4_=--

--===============7067716088776403304==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============7067716088776403304==--