Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] dishwasher rack repair?

From: Larry Spector via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 09:58:37 -0400

--===============4120319309181444220==

--0000000000003ddee405870ac0c1

Thanks for the input folks! I'll be looking for some used racks locally,
hopefully I can find something decent.

-Larry

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 3:45 AM Matt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I run my spa filters through the dishwasher.  I went by a local appliance
> repair place and picked up a very serviceable rack from a dead machine for
> $10.  I then hacked it up so my spa filters fit well for their cleaning.
>
>
> ---------- Original Message ----------
> From: Larry Spector via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
> To: shop-talk <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [Shop-talk] dishwasher rack repair?
> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 18:02:30 -0400
>
> I've got a 6+ year old dishwasher that works fine, but the racks are
> slowly rusting away. I know there are vinyl repair coatings, but thought
> that something like POR15 might work better/last longer. Looked at
> replacement racks, but at $100+ each, no way...
>
> What do you all think?
>
> -Larry
>
>

--0000000000003ddee405870ac0c1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Thanks for the input folks! I&#39;ll be looking for s=
ome used racks locally, hopefully I can find something decent.=C2=A0</div><=
div><br></div><div>-Larry</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"l=
tr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 3:45 AM Matt &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockq=
uote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1p=
x solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div>I run my spa filters throug=
h the dishwasher.=C2=A0 I went by a local appliance repair place and picked=
 up a very serviceable rack from a dead machine for $10.=C2=A0 I then hacke=
d it up so my spa filters fit well for their cleaning.</div>
<div><br><br>---------- Original Message ----------<br>From: Larry Spector =
via Shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_bl=
ank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>To: shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
o:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&=
gt;<br>Subject: [Shop-talk] dishwasher rack repair?<br>Date: Thu, 18 Apr 20=
19 18:02:30 -0400<br><br>
<div dir=3D"ltr">I&#39;ve got a 6+ year old dishwasher that works fine, but=
 the racks are slowly rusting away. I know there are vinyl repair coatings,=
 but thought that something like POR15 might work better/last longer. Looke=
d at replacement racks, but at $100+ each, no way...
<div>=C2=A0</div>
<div>What=C2=A0do you all think?</div>
<div>=C2=A0</div>
<div>-Larry</div>
<div>=C2=A0</div>
</div>
</div></blockquote></div></div>

--0000000000003ddee405870ac0c1--

--===============4120319309181444220==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============4120319309181444220==--

---

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 11:25:50 -0400 04/21/2019 11:25:50 AM, Serialize complete at 04/21/2019 11:25:50 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============7859183769096860486==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0054C3AD852583E3_=

Just an idea, but why don't you search craigslist (nationwide) and if you 
find a free make/model that matches, post it here and maybe one of us is 
close to it and can get it to you.

Just an idea!

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
-Who is John Galt?
--=_alternative 0054C3AD852583E3_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Just an idea, but why don't you search
craigslist (nationwide) and if you find a free make/model that matches,
post it here and maybe one of us is close to it and can get it to you.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Just an idea!</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson <br>
-Who is John Galt?</font>
--=_alternative 0054C3AD852583E3_=--

--===============7859183769096860486==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7859183769096860486==--