Subject: [Shop-talk] dishwasher rack repair?

From: Larry Spector via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 18:02:30 -0400

--===============3098130161562915279==

--0000000000003027c90586d5291f

I've got a 6+ year old dishwasher that works fine, but the racks are slowly
rusting away. I know there are vinyl repair coatings, but thought that
something like POR15 might work better/last longer. Looked at replacement
racks, but at $100+ each, no way...

What do you all think?

-Larry

--0000000000003027c90586d5291f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I&#39;ve got a 6+ year old dishwasher that works fine, but=
 the racks are slowly rusting away. I know there are vinyl repair coatings,=
 but thought that something like POR15 might work better/last longer. Looke=
d at replacement racks, but at $100+ each, no way...<div><br></div><div>Wha=
t=C2=A0do you all think?</div><div><br></div><div>-Larry</div><div><br></di=
v></div>

--0000000000003027c90586d5291f--

--===============3098130161562915279==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============3098130161562915279==--

---

From: Matt via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 07:43:28 GMT

--===============7465385449926160996==

----__JWM__J9bdeb67.65b07b39S.6b442571M
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

I run my spa filters through the dishwasher.  I went by a local applianc=
e repair place and picked up a very serviceable rack from a dead machine=
 for $10.  I then hacked it up so my spa filters fit well for their clea=
ning.

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Larry Spector via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
To: shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Shop-talk] dishwasher rack repair?
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 18:02:30 -0400

I've got a 6+ year old dishwasher that works fine, but the racks are slo=
wly rusting away. I know there are vinyl repair coatings, but thought th=
at something like POR15 might work better/last longer. Looked at replace=
ment racks, but at $100+ each, no way... What do you all think? -Larry 
----__JWM__J9bdeb67.65b07b39S.6b442571M
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

<html><div>I run my spa filters through the dishwasher. &nbsp;I went by =
a local appliance repair place and picked up a very serviceable rack fro=
m a dead machine for $10. &nbsp;I then hacked it up so my spa filters fi=
t well for their cleaning.</div>
<div><br><br>---------- Original Message ----------<br>From: Larry Spect=
or via Shop-talk &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: shop-talk &lt;s=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: [Shop-talk] dishwasher rack repa=
ir?<br>Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 18:02:30 -0400<br><br></p>
<div dir=3D"ltr">I've got a 6+ year old dishwasher that works fine, but =
the racks are slowly rusting away. I know there are vinyl repair coating=
s, but thought that something like POR15 might work better/last longer. =
Looked at replacement racks, but at $100+ each, no way...
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>What&nbsp;do you all think?</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>-Larry</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div></html>

----__JWM__J9bdeb67.65b07b39S.6b442571M--

--===============7465385449926160996==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7465385449926160996==--