Subject: [Shop-talk] DeWalt 18V battery replacement

From: Pat Horne via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 08:49:52 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1887298527113186050==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0004_01D4FE68.83893C10"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D4FE68.83893C10
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I've been using the DeWalt 18v tools for many years. Battery technology has
moved from NiCad through NMh to Li-Ion. It seems that DeWalt has quit making
18V batteries & now supports their 18v tools using an adapter that allows
their 20v Li-Ion batteries to be used in the 18v tools. I have one of the
adapters and, while it works, makes the tools a bit awkward. There are
after-market 18v li-Ion batteries on the market. Does anyone have experience
with any of them, good or bad?

Thanks in advance.

Peace,

Pat

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D4FE68.83893C10
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;ve =
been using the DeWalt 18v tools for many years. Battery technology has =
moved from NiCad through NMh to Li-Ion. It seems that DeWalt has quit =
making 18V batteries &amp; now supports their 18v tools using an adapter =
that allows their 20v Li-Ion batteries to be used in the 18v tools. I =
have one of the adapters and, while it works, makes the tools a bit =
awkward. There are after-market 18v li-Ion batteries on the market. Does =
anyone have experience with any of them, good or bad?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks in =
advance.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Peace,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Pat<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0004_01D4FE68.83893C10--

--===============1887298527113186050==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============1887298527113186050==--