Subject: [Shop-talk] Garage ceiling height

From: Karl Vacek via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 14:35:37 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7220051955886157120==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0052_01D4E3E1.2EA59FA0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01D4E3E1.2EA59FA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

At long last my dream of a 4-post lift may come true later this year or
next.  We're working on plans to demolish our 1-1/2 car garage and build a
bigger one, with a basement and a higher ceiling.  Right now the garage is
18 x 24 with an 8' ceiling.

We can go a bit over 21 feet wide and 28 feet deep.  Can't go wider garage
due to the house's location on the lot.  Can't go longer without further
cutting off the kitchen sink window view or pushing the front of the garage
forward of the house, neither of which sound good to us.

10 feet seems to be the limit of wall height to look compatible with the
rest of the house and match the lower-level (porch, etc.) roof lines on the
house.

I think that'll give enough ceiling height for my needs, but I do need to
consider a future buyer as well.  Will 10 feet will be adequate for a lift
to allow 2-level car storage for at least typical cars?

Advice ??

Thanks in advance !!

Karl

"Veni, Vidi, Volo in Domum Redire."  (I came, I saw, I want to go home.)

------=_NextPart_000_0052_01D4E3E1.2EA59FA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#44546A;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>At long last my dream of a 4-post lift may come true =
later this year or next.&nbsp; We&#8217;re working on plans to demolish =
our 1-1/2 car garage and build <span style=3D'color:#44546A'>a =
</span>bigger<span style=3D'color:#44546A'> one</span>, with <span =
style=3D'color:#44546A'>a </span>basement and a higher ceiling.&nbsp; =
Right now the garage is 18 x 24 with an 8&#8217; =
ceiling.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>We can go a bit over 21 feet wide and 28 feet =
deep.&nbsp; Can&#8217;t go wider garage due to the house&#8217;s =
location on the lot.&nbsp; Can&#8217;t go longer without further cutting =
off the kitchen sink window view or pushing the front of the garage =
forward of the house, neither of which sound good to =
us.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>10 feet seems to be the limit of wall height to look =
compatible with the rest of the house and match the lower-level (porch, =
etc.) roof lines on the house.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I think =
that&#8217;ll give enough ceiling height for my needs, but I do need to =
consider a future buyer as well.&nbsp; Will 10 feet will be adequate for =
a lift to allow 2-level car storage for at least typical =
cars?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Advice ??<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks in =
advance !!<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Karl<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&quot;Veni, =
Vidi, Volo in Domum Redire.&quot;&nbsp; (I came, I saw, I want to go =
home.)<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0052_01D4E3E1.2EA59FA0--

--===============7220051955886157120==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============7220051955886157120==--