Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] cove (or 'dish') style cut on a piece of wood - Back again for the third time

From: Jim Stone via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 15:40:03 -0500

--===============9087616519856909205==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_82A9E994-70E5-4849-8F8A-C1F4A64C219E"

--Apple-Mail=_82A9E994-70E5-4849-8F8A-C1F4A64C219E
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

I know this discussion has been put to bed twice already, but a friend =
just sent me this link and I couldn=E2=80=99t help but think of the =
topic:

=
https://www.furymix.com/products/grinder-disc-chainsaw?fbclid=3DIwAR1u7xzD=
GCe2A0xxah7iEY2XEFAg8_3VIDZgtv1BNOc5tllIH1XtyJnFMAg =
<https://www.furymix.com/products/grinder-disc-chainsaw?fbclid=3DIwAR1u7xz=
DGCe2A0xxah7iEY2XEFAg8_3VIDZgtv1BNOc5tllIH1XtyJnFMAg>

I don=E2=80=99t know what to think of this.  Part of me wants one really =
badly.  And the rest of me wants fingers.

Jim

> On Feb 10, 2019, at 6:30 PM, John P. New via Shop-talk =
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> Heh, the original post was in December 2018, so you've just forgotten =
that you saw it...
>=20
> John P. New
> London, Ontario, Canada
>=20
> On Sunday, February 10, 2019 4:07:33 PM EST Randall via Shop-talk =
wrote:
>> Hmm, looks like the list server is stuttering again.  I got Phil's =
reply,
>> but not the original post.
>>=20
>> Anyway, if you had some way to guide the piece, I might try doing the =
table
>> saw trick.  But it would have to be a very shallow cut, repeated =
several
>> times to get 1/2" depth.  A good carbide wood blade will cut =
sideways, but
>> only to the depth of the carbide inserts.
>>=20
>> Probably also not that hard to rig a wood lathe with the swing you =
need.
>> Maybe mount a cheap bench grinder so one end hangs off the edge of =
the bench
>> (giving you somewhere around 7' of swing) and drive the other end.  =
Main
>> difficulty with that is setting up the belt (or gear) train to turn =
it
>> slowly enough.  I've got a DC motor from an old treadmill that would
>> probably do the job, combined with a decent (load sensing) electronic =
speed
>> control.
>>=20
>> -- Randall=20
>> 56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
>> 71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
>> 71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild=20
>>=20
>> _______________________________________________
>>=20
>> [email-masked]
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk
>>=20
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]>
>>=20
>>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> _______________________________________________
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html =
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk =
<http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk>
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail=_82A9E994-70E5-4849-8F8A-C1F4A64C219E
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D"">I =
know this discussion has been put to bed twice already, but a friend =
just sent me this link and I couldn=E2=80=99t help but think of the =
topic:<div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D""><a =
href=3D"https://www.furymix.com/products/grinder-disc-chainsaw?fbclid=3DIw=
AR1u7xzDGCe2A0xxah7iEY2XEFAg8_3VIDZgtv1BNOc5tllIH1XtyJnFMAg" =
class=3D"">https://www.furymix.com/products/grinder-disc-chainsaw?fbclid=3D=
IwAR1u7xzDGCe2A0xxah7iEY2XEFAg8_3VIDZgtv1BNOc5tllIH1XtyJnFMAg</a></div><di=
v class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">I don=E2=80=99t know =
what to think of this. &nbsp;Part of me wants one really badly. =
&nbsp;And the rest of me wants fingers.</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Jim<br class=3D""><div><br =
class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div class=3D"">On Feb =
10, 2019, at 6:30 PM, John P. New via Shop-talk &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D"">Heh, the original post was in =
December 2018, so you've just forgotten that you saw it...</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D"">John P. New</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D"">London, Ontario, =
Canada</span><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: =
none; float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D"">On Sunday, =
February 10, 2019 4:07:33 PM EST Randall via Shop-talk wrote:</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" =
class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D"">Hmm, =
looks like the list server is stuttering again. &nbsp;I got Phil's =
reply,<br class=3D"">but not the original post.<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Anyway, if you had some way to guide the piece, I might try =
doing the table<br class=3D"">saw trick. &nbsp;But it would have to be a =
very shallow cut, repeated several<br class=3D"">times to get 1/2" =
depth. &nbsp;A good carbide wood blade will cut sideways, but<br =
class=3D"">only to the depth of the carbide inserts.<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Probably also not that hard to rig a wood lathe with the =
swing you need.<br class=3D"">Maybe mount a cheap bench grinder so one =
end hangs off the edge of the bench<br class=3D"">(giving you somewhere =
around 7' of swing) and drive the other end. &nbsp;Main<br =
class=3D"">difficulty with that is setting up the belt (or gear) train =
to turn it<br class=3D"">slowly enough. &nbsp;I've got a DC motor from =
an old treadmill that would<br class=3D"">probably do the job, combined =
with a decent (load sensing) electronic speed<br class=3D"">control.<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D"">-- Randall<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><br class=3D"">56 TR3 =
TS13571L once and future daily driver<br class=3D"">71 Stag LE1473 - =
awaiting engine rebuild<br class=3D"">71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox =
rebuild<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><br =
class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">_______________________________________________<br =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br class=3D"">Donate: =
&nbsp;$12.96<br class=3D"">Archive: =
http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]=
a</a><br class=3D""><br class=3D""><br class=3D""></blockquote><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">_______________________________________________</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, =
0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Donate:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br style=3D"caret-color: =
rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; =
white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, =
0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline !important;" =
class=3D"">Suggested annual donation &nbsp;$12.96</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D"">Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: =
normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none; float: none; =
display: inline !important;" class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]=
om" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: =
normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/1789alpine@gmai=
l.com</a></div></blockquote></div><br class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_82A9E994-70E5-4849-8F8A-C1F4A64C219E--

--===============9087616519856909205==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============9087616519856909205==--

---

From: Mike Sinclair via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 16:58:09 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============8730191883639911939==
 boundary="------------6525CFDF9CD450DD8D51F2C1"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------6525CFDF9CD450DD8D51F2C1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Scary.

On 3/8/2019 12:40 PM, Jim Stone via Shop-talk wrote:
> I know this discussion has been put to bed twice already, but a friend 
> just sent me this link and I couldn’t help but think of the topic:
>
> https://www.furymix.com/products/grinder-disc-chainsaw?fbclid=IwAR1u7xzDGCe2A0xxah7iEY2XEFAg8_3VIDZgtv1BNOc5tllIH1XtyJnFMAg
>
> I don’t know what to think of this.  Part of me wants one really 
>> On Feb 10, 2019, at 6:30 PM, John P. New via Shop-talk 
>>
>> Heh, the original post was in December 2018, so you've just forgotten 
>> that you saw it...
>>
>> John P. New
>> London, Ontario, Canada
>>
>> On Sunday, February 10, 2019 4:07:33 PM EST Randall via Shop-talk wrote:
>>> Hmm, looks like the list server is stuttering again.  I got Phil's 
>>> reply,
>>> Anyway, if you had some way to guide the piece, I might try doing 
>>> the table
>>> saw trick.  But it would have to be a very shallow cut, repeated several
>>> times to get 1/2" depth.  A good carbide wood blade will cut 
>>> sideways, but
>>> Probably also not that hard to rig a wood lathe with the swing you need.
>>> Maybe mount a cheap bench grinder so one end hangs off the edge of 
>>> the bench
>>> (giving you somewhere around 7' of swing) and drive the other end.  Main
>>> difficulty with that is setting up the belt (or gear) train to turn it
>>> probably do the job, combined with a decent (load sensing) 
>>> electronic speed
>>> control.
>>>
>>> -- Randall
>>> 71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild
>>>
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

--------------6525CFDF9CD450DD8D51F2C1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p><font face="Tahoma">Scary.</font><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 3/8/2019 12:40 PM, Jim Stone via
      Shop-talk wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      I know this discussion has been put to bed twice already, but a
      friend just sent me this link and I couldn’t help but think of the
      topic:
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class=""><a
href="https://www.furymix.com/products/grinder-disc-chainsaw?fbclid=IwAR1u7xzDGCe2A0xxah7iEY2XEFAg8_3VIDZgtv1BNOc5tllIH1XtyJnFMAg"
          class="" moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.furymix.com/products/grinder-disc-chainsaw?fbclid=IwAR1u7xzDGCe2A0xxah7iEY2XEFAg8_3VIDZgtv1BNOc5tllIH1XtyJnFMAg</a></div>
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">I don’t know what to think of this.  Part of me
        wants one really badly.  And the rest of me wants fingers.</div>
      <div class=""><br class="">
      </div>
      <div class="">Jim<br class="">
        <div><br class="">
          <blockquote type="cite" class="">
            <div class="">On Feb 10, 2019, at 6:30 PM, John P. New via
              Shop-talk &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                class="" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
              wrote:</div>
            <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
            <div class=""><span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
                font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style:
                normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">Heh, the original post was in
                December 2018, so you've just forgotten that you saw
                it...</span><br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
                font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style:
                normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">John P. New</span><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">London, Ontario, Canada</span><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">On Sunday, February 10, 2019
                4:07:33 PM EST Randall via Shop-talk wrote:</span><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <blockquote type="cite" style="font-family: Helvetica;
                font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps:
                normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal;
                orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"
                class="">Hmm, looks like the list server is stuttering
                again.  I got Phil's reply,<br class="">
                but not the original post.<br class="">
                <br class="">
                Anyway, if you had some way to guide the piece, I might
                try doing the table<br class="">
                saw trick.  But it would have to be a very shallow cut,
                repeated several<br class="">
                times to get 1/2" depth.  A good carbide wood blade will
                cut sideways, but<br class="">
                only to the depth of the carbide inserts.<br class="">
                <br class="">
                Probably also not that hard to rig a wood lathe with the
                swing you need.<br class="">
                Maybe mount a cheap bench grinder so one end hangs off
                the edge of the bench<br class="">
                (giving you somewhere around 7' of swing) and drive the
                other end.  Main<br class="">
                difficulty with that is setting up the belt (or gear)
                train to turn it<br class="">
                slowly enough.  I've got a DC motor from an old
                treadmill that would<br class="">
                probably do the job, combined with a decent (load
                sensing) electronic speed<br class="">
                control.<br class="">
                <br class="">
                -- Randall<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br
                  class="">
                56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver<br class="">
                71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild<br class="">
                71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><br class="">
                <br class="">
                _______________________________________________<br
                  class="">
                <br class="">
                <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" class=""
                  moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br
                  class="">
                Donate: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br class="">
                Suggested annual donation  $12.96<br class="">
                Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a><br
                  class="">
                <br class="">
                Unsubscribe/Manage:<span class="Apple-converted-space"> </span><a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]"
                  class="" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br
                  class="">
                <br class="">
                <br class="">
              </blockquote>
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">_______________________________________________</span><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=""
                moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">Donate:<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=""
                moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">Suggested annual donation  $12.96</span><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">Archive:<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
                href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk"
                style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=""
                moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a><br
                style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <br style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none;" class="">
              <span style="caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family:
                Helvetica; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal;
                font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal;
                letter-spacing: normal; text-align: start; text-indent:
                0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
                text-decoration: none; float: none; display: inline
                !important;" class="">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span
                  class="Apple-converted-space"> </span></span><a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]"
                style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 14px;
                font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal;
                font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans:
                auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px;
                text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto;
                word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=""
                moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a></div>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
        <br class="">
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  <div id="DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><br />
<table style="border-top: 1px solid #D3D4DE;">
	<tr>
        <td style="width: 55px; padding-top: 13px;"><a href="http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient" target="_blank"><img src="https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png" alt=""  width="46" height="29" style="width: 46px; height: 29px;" /></a></td>
		<td style="width: 470px; padding-top: 12px; color: #41424e; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18px;">Virus-free. <a href="http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient" target="_blank" style="color: #4453ea;">www.avg.com</a>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table><a href="#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width="1" height="1"> </a></div></body>
</html>

--------------6525CFDF9CD450DD8D51F2C1--

--===============8730191883639911939==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8730191883639911939==--

---

From: Mark J Bradakis via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 21:26:39 -0700

Wow, a chain saw grinder wheel.  It might be useful for turning hunks of 
wood into sawdust for my smoker.

mjb.

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]