Subject: [Shop-talk] electric hoist trolley i-beam sizing

From: Pat Horne via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 17:23:36 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============6117470130961273552==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0007_01D4D50A.80BA4FB0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D4D50A.80BA4FB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have an electric hoist that is rated at 500 lbs. The trolley for the
I-beam is rated for 1000 lbs. I want to install an I-beam on the ceiling to
support the beam. 

The I-beam would be about 10' long, supported as often as needed, but
probably at least at the ends and center. Closer supports are possible. The
ceiling trusses will support the additional load.

The trolley will adjust down to about 3".

I don't have the ability to understand the on line calculators to select the
I-beam.  I'd like to keep the price & weight of the beam to a minimum.
Anyone able to help me select an I-beam?

Peace,

Pat

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D4D50A.80BA4FB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have an =
electric hoist that is rated at 500 lbs. The trolley for the I-beam is =
rated for 1000 lbs. I want to install an I-beam on the ceiling to =
support the beam. <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The I-beam would =
be about 10&#8217; long, supported as often as needed, but probably at =
least at the ends and center. Closer supports are possible. The ceiling =
trusses will support the additional load.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The trolley will adjust down to about =
3&#8221;.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I don&#8217;t have the ability to understand the on =
line calculators to select the I-beam.&nbsp; I&#8217;d like to keep the =
price &amp; weight of the beam to a minimum.&nbsp; Anyone able to help =
me select an I-beam?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Peace,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Pat<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01D4D50A.80BA4FB0--

--===============6117470130961273552==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============6117470130961273552==--