Subject: [Shop-talk] Outlet "strap" replacement

From: Scott Hall via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 20:43:48 -0500

--===============8682398880441071980==

--000000000000b752800584548553

I have a recessed floor outlet. The outlet itself has worn so much that
blades won't stay in it.

The recepticle part of the outlet is just a regular plastic recepticle. The
metal strap that screws into the box appears to be a unique part though--it
locates the recepticle deeper so that it's about an inch recessed into the
box.

It's held to the plastic body with rivets. So is the normal unit I bought
from Home Depot. The holes for everything line up. Can I just drill out the
rivets on both units and use the strap from the old part and the plastic
recepticle from the new one? Or do those rivets also do something besides
hold the recepticle to the strap?

Thanks in advance.

--000000000000b752800584548553
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto">I have a recessed floor outlet. The outlet itself has wor=
n so much that blades won&#39;t stay in it.<div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div=
 dir=3D"auto">The recepticle part of the outlet is just a regular plastic r=
ecepticle. The metal strap that screws into the box appears to be a unique =
part though--it locates the recepticle deeper so that it&#39;s about an inc=
h recessed into the box.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto"=
>It&#39;s held to the plastic body with rivets. So is the normal unit I bou=
ght from Home Depot. The holes for everything line up. Can I just drill out=
 the rivets on both units and use the strap from the old part and the plast=
ic recepticle from the new one? Or do those rivets also do something beside=
s hold the recepticle to the strap?</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div d=
ir=3D"auto">Thanks in advance.</div></div>

--000000000000b752800584548553--

--===============8682398880441071980==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============8682398880441071980==--