Subject: [Shop-talk] windshield adhesive remover

From: john niolon via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:28:37 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============3137227154813722674==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00F4_01D4B277.E8F723B0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00F4_01D4B277.E8F723B0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

anyone that has ever used this stuff to install a windshield or seat a =
door window knows that once it's on your skin, it becomes a part of you

the few times I've used this I've invariable gotten it on something =
other than the windshield or the rubber.. it's sorta like anti-sieze, it =
finds a way to get on you.  Attempts to remove it included lacquer =
thinner, MEK, acetone, alcohol and sandpaper or desquamation, which =
takes a few days/weeks. Sandpaper worked best but is a little severe

so... today I'm gluing door windows to the lift channel (third attempt) =
and using 3M 08609, Super Fast Windshield Urethane Adhesive, I of course =
got it on tools, hands (in gloves) and glass. I had a can of brake =
cleaner close by and grabbed it... sprayed it on a rag,  wiped off the =
tools  and EUREKA !!!!! IT BLASTED IT RIGHT OFF !!!  why haven't I tried =
this before !!!!!?????

So all of you with that tell tale black crap on your hand, clothes, =
tools... go buy some of the cheapest brake cleaner you can find and =
clean up.  Don=E2=80=99t know how well it will work on it after its =
set... but freshly applied goes away fine.

this has been a public service announcement

john
------=_NextPart_000_00F4_01D4B277.E8F723B0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>anyone that has ever used this stuff to install a windshield or =
seat a door=20
window knows that once it's on your skin, it becomes a part of you</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>the few times I've used this I've invariable gotten it on something =
other=20
than the windshield or the rubber.. it's sorta like anti-sieze, it finds =
a way=20
to get on you.&nbsp; Attempts to remove it included lacquer thinner, =
MEK,=20
acetone, alcohol and sandpaper or desquamation, which takes a few =
days/weeks.=20
Sandpaper worked best but is a little severe</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>so... today I'm gluing door windows to the lift channel (third =
attempt) and=20
using 3M 08609, Super Fast Windshield Urethane Adhesive, I of course got =
it on=20
tools, hands (in gloves) and glass. I had a can of brake cleaner close =
by and=20
grabbed it... sprayed it on a rag,&nbsp; wiped off the tools&nbsp; and =
EUREKA=20
!!!!! IT BLASTED IT RIGHT OFF !!!&nbsp; why haven't I tried this before=20
!!!!!?????</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So all of you with that tell tale black crap on your hand, clothes, =

tools... go buy some of the cheapest brake cleaner you can find and =
clean=20
up.&nbsp; Don=E2=80=99t know how well it will work on it after its =
set... but freshly=20
applied goes away fine.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>this has been a public service announcement</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>john</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00F4_01D4B277.E8F723B0--

--===============3137227154813722674==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============3137227154813722674==--