Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone, oh yeah, and I have a question about tv mounts

From: Ronnie Day via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 20:32:58 -0600

--===============3579414739020098617==

--0000000000006de4f5057dcf8afb

That's heavy monitor, especially by today's standards. First thing I'd do
is see if you can find a PDF of the manual on-line. Always good to have.
>From your description it sounds like part of the old mount may still be
attached. I'd take anything like that off and set the pieces aside, saving
any screws or bolts holding the bracket(s) to the TV. There should be
threaded inserts where the brackets are meant to attach. Measure the hole
spacing both vertically and horizontally.

Then I'd go to Monoprice.com and take a look at the different styles of
mounts. If there's a place with a wider selection of mounts with better
prices I'm not aware of one. You're going to need a hefty mount for the 130
lb. unit. Not sure if Monoprice offers tech support over the phone, but you
can use chat or email. Give them an idea of the type of mount you want then
give them the weight of the unit, with make & model if you have it, and the
hole spacing. I'm guessing you should be able to get what you need for $80
or less.

Their kits should include a wide range of screws and anchors to both attach
the mount to the wall and the TV to the mount. I'd use four 3 inch long
quarter inch lag screws (into studs) to attach the mount to the wall. You
could use a piece of 3/4 inch plywood attached into wall studs if the slots
in the bracket aren't long enough to span the distance between two studs,
although I expect a bracket heavy duty enough to hold 130 lbs. should be
wide enough.

HTH - I've done a ton of installs like this

On Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 7:34 PM eric--- via Shop-talk <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone here and all you loved
> ones!  I hope you are enjoying this time of the year.
>
> I do have a very dumb question that I'm sure there is someone out there
> has the answer to.
>
> I got a 65" plasma monitor/TV from work (they were getting rid of it
> because they bought new systems.)
>
> Anyway, there is no stand for it, so I was trying to buy a wall mount for
> it.
>
> All the wall mounts I see out there either list the TV mount* distance
> only up to 600mm (about 23.6")  or they don't even give this diemenion.
>  (*= this is the 'studs' on the TV that you mount the mount to.)
>
> The TV has 44" mounts on the back only.  Does anyone know what mount I
> need for this?  (note, I don't need any tilting or stand-off feature, but
> If they are there, I don't mind.()
>
> The TV is about 130LBS  (nice to have a fork lift to weigh these things! )
>  8>)  Most mounts listed for this size tv can handle that weight, but I
> can't find any that I know have the 44" wide TV mounts.
>
> Thanks in advance, I hope all of you have a great Holiday!
>
>
> Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
> Tech Viper
> "Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
> being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph
> Waldo Emerson _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

--0000000000006de4f5057dcf8afb
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">That&#39;s heavy monitor, especially by today&#39;s standa=
rds. First thing I&#39;d do is see if you can find a PDF of the manual on-l=
ine. Always good to have. From your description it sounds like part of the =
old mount may still be attached. I&#39;d take anything like that off and se=
t the pieces aside, saving any screws or bolts holding the bracket(s) to th=
e TV. There should be threaded inserts where the brackets are meant to atta=
ch. Measure the hole spacing both vertically and horizontally.=C2=A0<div><b=
r></div><div>Then I&#39;d go to Monoprice.com and take a look at the differ=
ent styles of mounts. If there&#39;s a place with a wider selection of moun=
ts with better prices I&#39;m not aware of one. You&#39;re going to need a =
hefty mount for the 130 lb. unit. Not sure if Monoprice offers tech support=
 over the phone, but you can use chat or email. Give them an idea of the ty=
pe of mount you want then give them the weight of the unit, with make &amp;=
 model if you have it, and the hole spacing. I&#39;m guessing you should be=
 able to get what you need for $80 or less.</div><div><br></div><div>Their =
kits should include a wide range of screws and anchors to both attach the m=
ount to the wall and the TV to the mount. I&#39;d use four 3 inch long quar=
ter inch lag screws (into studs) to attach the mount to the wall. You could=
 use a piece of 3/4 inch plywood attached into wall studs if the slots in t=
he bracket aren&#39;t long enough to span the distance between two studs, a=
lthough I expect a bracket heavy duty enough to hold 130 lbs. should be wid=
e enough.</div><div><br></div><div>HTH - I&#39;ve done a ton of installs li=
ke this</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Mon, =
Dec 24, 2018 at 7:34 PM eric--- via Shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shop-ta=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockq=
uote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1p=
x solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;fo=
nt-family:sans-serif">Merry Christmas and
Happy Holidays to everyone here and all you loved ones!=C2=A0 I hope you
are enjoying this time of the year.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">I do have a very
dumb question that I&#39;m sure there is someone out there has the answer t=
o.</span>
<br><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif"><br>
I got a 65&quot; plasma monitor/TV from work (they were getting rid of
it because they bought new systems.) =C2=A0</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Anyway, there
is no stand for it, so I was trying to buy a wall mount for it. =C2=A0</spa=
n>
<br>
<br><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">All the wall moun=
ts
I see out there either list the TV mount* distance only up to 600mm (about
23.6&quot;) =C2=A0or they don&#39;t even give this diemenion. =C2=A0(*=3D t=
his
is the &#39;studs&#39; on the TV that you mount the mount to.)</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">The TV has 44&quo=
t;
mounts on the back only.=C2=A0 Does anyone know what mount I need for this?
=C2=A0(note, I don&#39;t need any tilting or stand-off feature, but If they
are there, I don&#39;t mind.()</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">The TV is about
130LBS =C2=A0(nice to have a fork lift to weigh these things! ) =C2=A08&gt;=
)
=C2=A0Most mounts listed for this size tv can handle that weight, but I
can&#39;t find any that I know have the 44&quot; wide TV mounts.</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif">Thanks in advance=
,
I hope all of you have a great Holiday!</span>
<br>
<br><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:sans-serif"><br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a ratio=
nal
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </span>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Shop-talk@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000006de4f5057dcf8afb--

--===============3579414739020098617==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============3579414739020098617==--

---

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 06:03:20 -0500 12/25/2018 06:03:26 AM, Serialize complete at 12/25/2018 06:03:26 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============3522868315513186033==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 003CBB528525836E_=

Ronnie writes about Monoprice.com

First, what a great site.  The prices are dirt cheap!

Here is the problem I'm up against.  Everyone of the mounts talks about 
the VESA Pattern.  Most only go up to 1000mm (this is a 39.3" distance 
between uprights on the back of the TV)
Mine is 44" in (or 1117.6mm)  but I can't find any VESA patterns that will 
work.

Most of the stands can handle the weight and are rated for bigger TVs (up 
to 85")  But I still can't find one that will mount to a TV with 44" 
'studs'.

BTW, the TV is a Panasonic TH-65PF12UK Plasma Monitor.

UGG!  Although I can't complain.  It was a free TV. I'm almost ready to 
buy another forklift to park in the den to mount it!  8>0

Thanks again and I hope everyone is enjoying their Holidays!

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
--=_alternative 003CBB528525836E_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Ronnie writes about Monoprice.com</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">First, what a great site. &nbsp;The
prices are dirt cheap!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Here is the problem I'm up against.
&nbsp;Everyone of the mounts talks about the VESA Pattern. &nbsp;Most only
go up to 1000mm (this is a 39.3&quot; distance between uprights on the
back of the TV)</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Mine is 44&quot; in (or 1117.6mm) &nbsp;but
I can't find any VESA patterns that will work.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Most of the stands can handle the weight
and are rated for bigger TVs (up to 85&quot;) &nbsp;But I still can't find
one that will mount to a TV with 44&quot; 'studs'.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">BTW, the TV is a Panasonic TH-65PF12UK
Plasma Monitor.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">UGG! &nbsp;Although I can't complain.
&nbsp;It was a free TV. I'm almost ready to buy another forklift to park
in the den to mount it! &nbsp;8&gt;0</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks again and I hope everyone is
enjoying their Holidays!</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
--=_alternative 003CBB528525836E_=--

--===============3522868315513186033==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3522868315513186033==--

---

From: Ian McFetridge via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 08:06:44 -0500

--===============1197774931021680935==

--000000000000374414057dd863a2

--000000000000374412057dd863a1

Hi Eric,

One of these  <https://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=5916&seq=1&format=2> $17
wall mounts will work.  I have several.  The brackets bolt to the back of
the TV and then you hang them on the wall mount, so they are basically
infinitely adjustable to the limits of the width of the base (this one is
48 inches, so it covers 44" easily.  If you want you can look at mine, I'm
just across the river.

Best,
Ian

> to 85")  But I still can't find one that will mount to a TV with 44"

--000000000000374412057dd863a1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Hi Eric,</div><div><br></div><div>One of <a href=3D"h=
ttps://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=3D5916&amp;seq=3D1&amp;format=3D2">th=
ese=C2=A0</a>=C2=A0$17 wall mounts will work.=C2=A0 I have several.=C2=A0 T=
he brackets bolt to the back of the TV and then you hang them on the wall m=
ount, so they are basically infinitely adjustable to the limits of the widt=
h of the base (this one is 48 inches, so it covers 44&quot; easily.=C2=A0 I=
f you want you can look at mine, I&#39;m just across the river.=C2=A0=C2=A0=
</div><div><br></div><div>Best,</div><div>Ian</div><div><br></div><div><div=
><img src=3D"cid:ii_jq3rhxuh0" alt=3D"image.png" width=3D"541" height=3D"40=
6"><br></div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Tue, =
Dec 25, 2018 at 7:20 AM eric--- via Shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shop-ta=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockq=
uote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1p=
x solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><br><font size=3D"2" face=3D"san=
s-serif">Here is the problem I&#39;m up against.
=C2=A0Everyone of the mounts talks about the VESA Pattern.=C2=A0 Most only
go up to 1000mm (this is a 39.3&quot; distance between uprights on the
back of the TV)</font>
<br><font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif">Mine is 44&quot; in (or 1117.6mm) =
=C2=A0but
I can&#39;t find any VESA patterns that will work.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=3D"2" face=3D"sans-serif">Most of the stands can handle the =
weight
and are rated for bigger TVs (up to 85&quot;) =C2=A0But I still can&#39;t f=
ind
one that will mount to a TV with 44&quot; &#39;studs&#39;.</font>
<br>
</blockquote></div></div>

--000000000000374412057dd863a1--

--000000000000374414057dd863a2
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <ii_jq3rhxuh0>

AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
--000000000000374414057dd863a2--

--===============1197774931021680935==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1197774931021680935==--

---

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 09:21:16 -0500 12/25/2018 09:21:33 AM, Serialize complete at 12/25/2018 09:21:33 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============4038267956346218147==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_related 004EDAD58525836E_=

--=_alternative 004EDAD58525836E_=

Thanks so much!  I'm placing the order now!

From:   Ian McFetridge <[email-masked]>
To:     [email-masked]
Cc:     Shop Talk <[email-masked]>
Date:   12/25/2018 08:07
Subject:        Re: [Shop-talk] Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to 
everyone, oh yeah, and I have a question about tv mounts

Hi Eric,

One of these  $17 wall mounts will work.  I have several.  The brackets 
bolt to the back of the TV and then you hang them on the wall mount, so 
they are basically infinitely adjustable to the limits of the width of the 
base (this one is 48 inches, so it covers 44" easily.  If you want you can 
look at mine, I'm just across the river.  

Best,
Ian

--=_alternative 004EDAD58525836E_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks so much! &nbsp;I'm placing the order
now!</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">From: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">Ian McFetridge &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</font>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">To: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">[email-masked]</font>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">Cc: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">Shop Talk &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</font>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">Date: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">12/25/2018 08:07</font>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">Subject: &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">Re: [Shop-talk]
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone, oh yeah, and I have a question
about tv mounts</font>
<br>
<hr noshade>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=3>Hi Eric,</font>
<br>
<br><font size=3>One of </font><a href="https://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=5916&amp;seq=1&amp;format=2"><font size=3 color=blue><u>these&nbsp;</u></font></a><font size=3>&nbsp;$17
wall mounts will work.&nbsp; I have several.&nbsp; The brackets bolt to
the back of the TV and then you hang them on the wall mount, so they are
basically infinitely adjustable to the limits of the width of the base
(this one is 48 inches, so it covers 44&quot; easily.&nbsp; If you want
you can look at mine, I'm just across the river.&nbsp;&nbsp;</font>
<br>
<br><font size=3>Best,</font>
<br><font size=3>Ian</font>
<br>
<br><img src=cid:_4_0C6EAF5C0C6EACF0004EDAD58525836E width=541 height=406 alt=image.png style="border:0px solid;">
<br>
<br><font size=3>On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 7:20 AM eric--- via Shop-talk
&lt;</font><a href="mailto:[email-masked]"><font size=3 color=blue><u>[email-masked]</u></font></a><font size=3>&gt;
wrote:</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Here is the problem I'm up against. &nbsp;Everyone of the mounts talks
about the VESA Pattern.&nbsp; Most only go up to 1000mm (this is a 39.3&quot;
distance between uprights on the back of the TV)</font><font size=3> </font><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Mine is 44&quot; in (or 1117.6mm) &nbsp;but I can't find any VESA patterns
that will work.</font><font size=3> <br>
</font><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Most of the stands can handle the weight and are rated for bigger TVs (up
to 85&quot;) &nbsp;But I still can't find one that will mount to a TV with
44&quot; 'studs'.</font><font size=3> </font>
<br>
--=_alternative 004EDAD58525836E_=--

--=_related 004EDAD58525836E_=
Content-ID: <_4_0C6EAF5C0C6EACF0004EDAD58525836E>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
--=_related 004EDAD58525836E_=--

--===============4038267956346218147==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4038267956346218147==--

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 12:07:40 -0500

> BTW, the TV is a Panasonic TH-65PF12UK Plasma Monitor.

I couldn't find any specs on VESA size for this screen, but I do note
that it's a 1 horsepower TV.  Be sure to get a mount that can handle
that sort of power...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

(In case you're wondering:  The specs show it consumes 745 watts)
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Ronnie Day via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 13:23:11 -0600

--===============3741426986608240376==

--000000000000188656057ddda7b7

Looks like this is a monitor with no broadcast TV tuner, unless it has a
optional, external tuner of some flavor. Also plasma screens are somewhat
prone to image burn-in so be careful about displaying a static image for
very long.

RD

> (In case you're wondering:  The specs show it consumes 745 watts)

--000000000000188656057ddda7b7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Looks like this is a monitor with no broadcast TV tuner, u=
nless it has a optional, external tuner of some flavor. Also plasma screens=
 are somewhat prone to image burn-in so be careful about displaying a stati=
c image for very long.<div><br></div><div>RD</div></div><br><div class=3D"g=
mail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 12:22 PM Jeff Scarbrou=
gh via Shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">shop-talk@=
autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" st=
yle=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padd=
ing-left:1ex">On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 7:17 AM eric--- via Shop-talk<br>
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">shop-talk=
@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; BTW, the TV is a Panasonic TH-65PF12UK Plasma Monitor.<br>
<br>
I couldn&#39;t find any specs on VESA size for this screen, but I do note<b=
r>
that it&#39;s a 1 horsepower TV.=C2=A0 Be sure to get a mount that can hand=
le<br>
that sort of power...<br>
<br>
Jeff Scarbrough<br>
Corrosion Acres, Ga.<br>
<br>
<br>
(In case you&#39;re wondering:=C2=A0 The specs show it consumes 745 watts)<=
br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Shop-talk@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000188656057ddda7b7--

--===============3741426986608240376==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3741426986608240376==--

---

From: Peter Murray via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 12:27:10 -0500

--===============5336866832915728103==

--000000000000c38228057df0243c

Good day and Merry Christmas to all of you.

Eric - I don't want to rain on your parade, but I have an alternate
suggestion grounded in experience.

My office had one of this series of Panasonic plasma TVs. They're nice and
bright, which was a consideration in this southern-facing conference room
on the top floor of our 9-story office building. Ours was a bit bigger than
that 65" - it was the 103" version (
http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/Panasonic-TH-103PF12U.htm). Even with the
motorized blinds up on a sunny day, it was very viewable.

It is indeed a monitor with no tuner. Ours had modules that would determine
what kinds of inputs were available to you. It had no audio outputs,
either. (Yours likely came with a component input and at least one HDMI
input. Hopefully both work.)

Weighing at 440+ lbs, the TV was mounted to several significant structural
steel mounts, and had its own dedicated 208V outlet, from which it drew 2hp.

When the company moved out of that space, the TV did leave with somebody,
but I had no interest. It was only 1080p, required significant structure
for wall mounting, special power, and generated a not-insignificant amount
of heat. Never mind that the display is 9+ years old

Maybe I'm lazy, but for much less hassle, power consumption, etc, I can buy
a new, good quality 4K smart TV for less than $800 - and it will not only
have decent speakers, but it will have a proper VESA mount! No, it wouldn't
be 103", but I'd also be consuming about 1/18 the power! Never mind that I
don't have a room in my house where that wall-of-TV could go!

Wait, what am I saying? This is shop-talk! I am clearly looking at this all
wrong.

Eric - You should not buy a Monoprice mount, though they are quite nice. I
advocate you create something with your considerable tool collection. Can't
you just weld up a proper mount for this, and attach it to some nice
Inch-fabricated wood that you can then connect to the wall?

-Peter

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 5:28 PM Ronnie Day via Shop-talk <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>
>

--000000000000c38228057df0243c
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr">Good day and Merry Christmas to all=C2=A0=
of you.<div><br></div><div>Eric - I don&#39;t want to rain on your parade, =
but I have an alternate suggestion grounded in experience.</div><div><br></=
div><div>My office had one of this series of Panasonic plasma TVs. They&#39=
;re nice and bright, which was a consideration in this southern-facing conf=
erence room on the top floor of our 9-story office building. Ours was a bit=
 bigger than that 65&quot; - it was the 103&quot; version (<a href=3D"http:=
//www.hdtvsolutions.com/Panasonic-TH-103PF12U.htm">http://www.hdtvsolutions=
.com/Panasonic-TH-103PF12U.htm</a>). Even with the motorized blinds up on a=
 sunny day, it was very viewable.</div><div><br></div><div>It is indeed a m=
onitor with no tuner. Ours had modules that would determine what kinds of i=
nputs were available to you. It had no audio outputs, either. (Yours likely=
 came with a component input and at least one HDMI input. Hopefully both wo=
rk.)</div><div><br></div><div>Weighing at 440+ lbs, the TV was mounted to s=
everal significant structural steel mounts, and had its own dedicated 208V =
outlet, from which it drew 2hp.</div><div><br></div><div>When the company m=
oved out of that space, the TV did leave with somebody, but I had no intere=
st. It was only 1080p, required significant structure for wall mounting, sp=
ecial power, and generated a not-insignificant amount of heat. Never mind t=
hat the display is 9+ years old</div><div><br></div><div>Maybe I&#39;m lazy=
, but for much less hassle, power consumption, etc, I can buy a new, good q=
uality 4K smart TV for less than $800 - and it will not only have decent sp=
eakers, but it will have a proper VESA mount! No, it wouldn&#39;t be 103&qu=
ot;, but I&#39;d also be consuming about 1/18 the power! Never mind that I =
don&#39;t have a room in my house where that wall-of-TV could go!</div><div=
><br></div><div>Wait, what am I saying? This is shop-talk! I am clearly loo=
king at this all wrong.</div><div><br></div><div>Eric - You should not buy =
a Monoprice mount, though they are quite nice. I advocate you create someth=
ing with your considerable tool collection. Can&#39;t you just weld up a pr=
oper mount for this, and attach it to some nice Inch-fabricated wood that y=
ou can then connect to the wall?</div><div><br></div><div>-Peter</div></div=
></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Tue, Dec 25, 2018=
 at 5:28 PM Ronnie Day via Shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:shop-talk@autox.=
team.net">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote clas=
s=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid r=
gb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">Looks like this is a mon=
itor with no broadcast TV tuner, unless it has a optional, external tuner o=
f some flavor. Also plasma screens are somewhat prone to image burn-in so b=
e careful about displaying a static image for very long.<div><br></div><div=
>RD</div></div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Tue, Dec =
25, 2018 at 12:22 PM Jeff Scarbrough via Shop-talk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sh=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0=
px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">On Tue, D=
ec 25, 2018 at 7:17 AM eric--- via Shop-talk<br>
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">shop-talk=
@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; BTW, the TV is a Panasonic TH-65PF12UK Plasma Monitor.<br>
<br>
I couldn&#39;t find any specs on VESA size for this screen, but I do note<b=
r>
that it&#39;s a 1 horsepower TV.=C2=A0 Be sure to get a mount that can hand=
le<br>
that sort of power...<br>
<br>
Jeff Scarbrough<br>
Corrosion Acres, Ga.<br>
<br>
<br>
(In case you&#39;re wondering:=C2=A0 The specs show it consumes 745 watts)<=
br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Shop-talk@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox=
.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">Shop-talk@aut=
ox.team.net</a><br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk" rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk</a><br>
<br>
alk/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://aut=
ox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000c38228057df0243c--

--===============5336866832915728103==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5336866832915728103==--

---

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 16:26:55 -0500 12/26/2018 04:27:02 PM, Serialize complete at 12/26/2018 04:27:02 PM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============6285282550818092856==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0075D28B8525836F_=

Peter writes-

>Weighing at 440+ lbs, the TV was mounted to several significant 
structural steel mounts, and had its own dedicated 208V outlet, from which 
it drew 2hp.

Yes, I know that this one draws 1hp and its a monster.  I have other ideas 
however.

>I advocate you create something with your considerable tool collection. 
Can't you just weld up a proper mount for this

Yes, that is my plan.  However, for $18 I am getting the mount as a 
'starting place.'  I'll cut it in half and modify to work with this unit.

Then I plan to put it in my den and see how I like a 65" format.  I 
currently have a 55" that needs to have the ribbon cables reset any way. 
So I'll take that out to the garage to do that.

Then, if I decide to get a nice 65" LCD, I will replace this.  Then, this 
screen will end up in my garage.  I'll use to for watching videos or how 
to and such.

So it will only be in the house for a temporary period.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.  If any of you are ever in NJ, swing 
by and hang.  Maybe watch a video or something!  8>)

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
--=_alternative 0075D28B8525836F_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Peter writes-</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">&gt;</font><font size=3>Weighing at
440+ lbs, the TV was mounted to several significant structural steel mounts,
and had its own dedicated 208V outlet, from which it drew 2hp.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Yes, I know that this one draws 1hp
and its a monster. &nbsp;I have other ideas however.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">&gt;</font><font size=3>I advocate you
create something with your considerable tool collection. Can't you just
weld up a proper mount for this</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Yes, that is my plan. &nbsp;However,
for $18 I am getting the mount as a 'starting place.' &nbsp;I'll cut it
in half and modify to work with this unit.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Then I plan to put it in my den and see how I like a 65&quot; format. &nbsp;I
currently have a 55&quot; that needs to have the ribbon cables reset any
way. &nbsp;So I'll take that out to the garage to do that.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Then, if I decide to get a nice 65&quot;
LCD, I will replace this. &nbsp;Then, this screen will end up in my garage.
&nbsp;I'll use to for watching videos or how to and such.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">So it will only be in the house for
a temporary period.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks again for all the suggestions.
&nbsp;If any of you are ever in NJ, swing by and hang. &nbsp;Maybe watch
a video or something! &nbsp;8&gt;)</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
--=_alternative 0075D28B8525836F_=--

--===============6285282550818092856==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6285282550818092856==--