Subject: [Shop-talk] cove (or 'dish') style cut on a piece of wood.

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 13:31:36 -0500 12/13/2018 01:31:43 PM, Serialize complete at 12/13/2018 01:31:43 PM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============5661065306193518514==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0065C0A285258362_=

I'm making a piece of furniture that needs to have a rounded 'dish' cut 
into it.  Like a cove cut on a board, but just in a circle.  Think of a 
change plate where there is a bowl cutout on a board.

The cut would look like if you had a table saw blade about 1/2" out of the 
table, then put a piece of wood straight down on it and twisted it in a 
circle.  I know that wouldn't work (and would be HUGELY unsafe.)

Here is an image of the cut I am trying to make (there are two of them on 
this valet..

https://www.etsy.com/listing/229799235/mens-valet-mens-valet-change-dish-modern

Anyone know how to do that?  I can only find ways to make a cove 
lengthwise in a board.    The piece isn't small enough to put in a lathe 
(but I thought about making an insert, and that is my last resort, but I 
would rather not do that.)

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
--=_alternative 0065C0A285258362_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">I'm making a piece of furniture that needs
to have a rounded 'dish' cut into it. &nbsp;Like a cove cut on a board,
but just in a circle. &nbsp;Think of a change plate where there is a bowl
cutout on a board.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">The cut would look like if you had a
table saw blade about 1/2&quot; out of the table, then put a piece of wood
straight down on it and twisted it in a circle. &nbsp;I know that wouldn't
work (and would be HUGELY unsafe.)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Here is an image of the cut I am trying
to make (there are two of them on this valet..</font>
<br>
<br><a href="https://www.etsy.com/listing/229799235/mens-valet-mens-valet-change-dish-modern"><font size=2 color=blue face="sans-serif">https://www.etsy.com/listing/229799235/mens-valet-mens-valet-change-dish-modern</font></a>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Anyone know how to do that? &nbsp;I
can only find ways to make a cove lengthwise in a board. &nbsp; &nbsp;The
piece isn't small enough to put in a lathe (but I thought about making
an insert, and that is my last resort, but I would rather not do that.)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks in advance!<br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
--=_alternative 0065C0A285258362_=--

--===============5661065306193518514==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============5661065306193518514==--