Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] mounting big ass TV

From: Mark Miller via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 11:38:45 -0800

I looked at that and it appears to be a tad short: 880mm (35") long and 
won't span the 1100+-  you say you need.

So: buy two of them.  Mount them next to each other and you can span 
your 1100 easily.  If 1720mm doesn't fit behind the set cut each (or 1) 
down so they meet in the middle and you should be good to go.   And if 
you want to be even more secure weld the two mounts where they meet.

Regards,

Mark Miller
[email-masked]

> Hi Eric,
>
> One of these  <https://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=5916&seq=1&format=2> $17
> wall mounts will work.  I have several.  The brackets bolt to the back of
> the TV and then you hang them on the wall mount, so they are basically
> infinitely adjustable to the limits of the width of the base (this one is
> 48 inches, so it covers 44" easily.  If you want you can look at mine, I'm
> just across the river.
>
> Best,
> Ian
>
>
>
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]

---

From: Ian McFetridge via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 18:31:17 -0500

--===============5358973254259773975==

--000000000000c70132057de11c99

Yikes, good catch Mark, sorry Eric, that's not the one that I have.  My
bracket is closer to 4 feet wide.
Ok, more searching, i think this is the one I have:
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12994
The bracket is 1140mm wide (44.88 inches), which sounds like it might just
meet your needs.  Or as Mark said, it might be cheaper to just get two of
the smaller ones!

Best,
Ian

> you want to be even more secure weld the two mounts where they meet.

--000000000000c70132057de11c99
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Yikes, good catch Mark, sorry Eric, =
that&#39;s not the one that I have.=C2=A0 My bracket is closer to 4 feet wi=
de.=C2=A0<br>Ok, more searching, i think this is the one I have:=C2=A0=C2=
=A0<a href=3D"https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=3D12994">https://www.m=
onoprice.com/product?p_id=3D12994</a></div><div>The bracket is 1140mm wide =
(44.88 inches), which sounds like it might just meet your needs.=C2=A0 Or a=
s Mark said, it might be cheaper to just get two of the smaller ones!</div>=
<div><br></div><div>Best,<br>Ian</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div d=
ir=3D"ltr">On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 5:55 PM Mark Miller via Shop-talk &lt;<a=
 href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0=
px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">I looked =
at that and it appears to be a tad short: 880mm (35&quot;) long and <br>
won&#39;t span the 1100+-=C2=A0 you say you need.<br>
<br>
So: buy two of them.=C2=A0 Mount them next to each other and you can span <=
br>
your 1100 easily.=C2=A0 If 1720mm doesn&#39;t fit behind the set cut each (=
or 1) <br>
down so they meet in the middle and you should be good to go.=C2=A0=C2=A0 A=
nd if <br>
you want to be even more secure weld the two mounts where they meet.<br><br=
</blockquote></div></div></div>

--000000000000c70132057de11c99--

--===============5358973254259773975==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5358973254259773975==--

---

From: eric--- via Shop-talk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 05:20:52 -0500 12/26/2018 05:20:52 AM, Serialize complete at 12/26/2018 05:20:52 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============5297604840849401770==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0038D7DE8525836F_=

OUCH,  I already ordered it.  No biggie.  Now I get to use my plasma torch 
and welder!

It was only $18, so it's no big deal.

Thanks again for all the help.  I really don't think there is any mount 
out there except custom or way over priced models.

Thanks again for all the assistance.  I just needed something.  I'm not 
even sure I'm going to keep the TV yet.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 

From:   Ian McFetridge <[email-masked]>
To:     Mark Miller <[email-masked]>
Cc:     Shop Talk <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date:   12/25/2018 18:31
Subject:        Re: [Shop-talk] mounting big ass TV

Best,
Ian

--=_alternative 0038D7DE8525836F_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">OUCH, &nbsp;I already ordered it. &nbsp;No
biggie. &nbsp;Now I get to use my plasma torch and welder!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">It was only $18, so it's no big deal.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks again for all the help. &nbsp;I
really don't think there is any mount out there except custom or way over
priced models.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks again for all the assistance.
&nbsp;I just needed something. &nbsp;I'm not even sure I'm going to keep
the TV yet.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I hope everyone had a great Christmas!</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">From: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">Ian McFetridge &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</font>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">To: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">Mark Miller &lt;[email-masked]&gt;</font>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">Cc: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">Shop Talk &lt;[email-masked]&gt;,
[email-masked]</font>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">Date: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">12/25/2018 18:31</font>
<br><font size=1 color=#5f5f5f face="sans-serif">Subject: &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp;</font><font size=1 face="sans-serif">Re: [Shop-talk]
mounting big ass TV</font>
<br>
<hr noshade>
<br>
<br>
<br><font size=3>Yikes, good catch Mark, sorry Eric, that's not the one
that I have.&nbsp; My bracket is closer to 4 feet wide.&nbsp;<br>
Ok, more searching, i think this is the one I have:&nbsp;&nbsp;</font><a href="https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12994"><font size=3 color=blue><u>https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12994</u></font></a>
<br><font size=3>The bracket is 1140mm wide (44.88 inches), which sounds
like it might just meet your needs.&nbsp; Or as Mark said, it might be
cheaper to just get two of the smaller ones!</font>
<br>
<br><font size=3>Best,<br>
Ian</font>
<br>
<br><font size=3>On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 5:55 PM Mark Miller via Shop-talk
&lt;</font><a href="mailto:[email-masked]"><font size=3 color=blue><u>[email-masked]</u></font></a><font size=3>&gt;
wrote:</font>
<br><font size=3>I looked at that and it appears to be a tad short: 880mm
(35&quot;) long and <br>
won't span the 1100+-&nbsp; you say you need.<br>
<br>
So: buy two of them.&nbsp; Mount them next to each other and you can span
<br>
your 1100 easily.&nbsp; If 1720mm doesn't fit behind the set cut each (or
1) <br>
down so they meet in the middle and you should be good to go.&nbsp;&nbsp;
And if <br>
you want to be even more secure weld the two mounts where they meet.<br>
</font>
<br>
--=_alternative 0038D7DE8525836F_=--

--===============5297604840849401770==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5297604840849401770==--