Subject: [Shop-talk] What is this?

From: Steven Trovato <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 18:21:33 -0500

--=====================_1378341685==_

Hi.  Found this in a tool box.  Does anyone know what this is?  The 
only thing holding these two pieces together is a V-shaped 
spring.  You can see the end of the spring coming through a small 
hole at the bottom of the picture.  There is an equivalent hole for 
the other end of the spring on the other jaw. There are black 
deposits as well as metal deposits on this, as well as some sort of 
grinder marks, perhaps cleaning this thing up after use.  It looks 
like most of the wear is toward the joined end.  The whole thing is 
about 2.5 inches long.  Any thoughts on what this is?

-Steve T.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

--=====================_1378341685==_
 x-mac-type="4A504547"; x-mac-creator="4A565752"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="tool for id21.jpg"

--=====================_1378341685==_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--=====================_1378341685==_--