Subject: [Shop-talk] Ceramic tile question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 07:58:21 -0500 11/28/2018 07:58:37 AM, Serialize complete at 11/28/2018 07:58:37 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============9104288208967583070==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 0047422985258353_=

OK, I don't know where to turn for help with this one, but maybe someone 
here has an idea.

Background (Stay with me on this one.)  I shave in the shower.  I use a 
mirror that suction's to the tile surface.
I redid my bathroom last year and the new tile isn't completely flat and 
the mirror falls off about once a week.  So, I'm looking for ways to fix 
it.

My idea is to use these diamond file cards...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IIO3/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
to 'sand' the tile I need to use the suction cup.

My question, is there any protective coating on tile that would make this 
a bad idea?  Or, does anyone have a better idea?  I don't know about using 
an epoxy on rubber and tile?

Any ideas?  Thanks

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
--=_alternative 0047422985258353_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">OK, I don't know where to turn for help
with this one, but maybe someone here has an idea.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Background (Stay with me on this one.)
&nbsp;I shave in the shower. &nbsp;I use a mirror that suction's to the
tile surface.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I redid my bathroom last year and the
new tile isn't completely flat and the mirror falls off about once a week.
&nbsp;So, I'm looking for ways to fix it.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">My idea is to use these diamond file
cards...</font>
<br><a href="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IIO3/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&amp;psc=1"><font size=2 color=blue face="sans-serif">https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IIO3/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&amp;psc=1</font></a>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">to 'sand' the tile I need to use the
suction cup.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">My question, is there any protective
coating on tile that would make this a bad idea? &nbsp;Or, does anyone
have a better idea? &nbsp;I don't know about using an epoxy on rubber and
tile?</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
Any ideas? &nbsp;Thanks</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
--=_alternative 0047422985258353_=--

--===============9104288208967583070==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============9104288208967583070==--

---

From: Joe Szwed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 12:47:17 -0500

--===============8232654263581233568==

--000000000000ce8060057bbd2164

I think I would try a little clear silicone.  Maybe right on the suction
cups or possibly remove them and and apply it right on back on the mirror,
then tape it in place till it dried.  I am pretty sure that's all I used to
glue the replacement mirror glass in an exterior car mirror housing years
ago.

Joe

--000000000000ce8060057bbd2164
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I think I would try a little clear silicone.=C2=A0 Maybe r=
ight on the suction cups or possibly remove them and and apply it right on =
back on the mirror, then tape it in place till it dried.=C2=A0 I am pretty =
sure that&#39;s all I used to glue the replacement mirror glass in an exter=
ior car mirror housing years ago.<div><br></div><div>Joe<br clear=3D"all"><=
div><br></div><br></div></div>

--000000000000ce8060057bbd2164--

--===============8232654263581233568==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8232654263581233568==--