Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] [OT] Computer History/Bill Godbout

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 12:29:19 -0500 9.0.1FP7|August 17, 2016) at 11/18/2018 12:29:19 PM, Serialize complete at 11/18/2018 12:29:19 PM, Serialize by Router on Deep13/Megageek(Release 9.0.1FP7|August 17, 2016) at 11/18/2018 12:29:20 PM

Bob,

Thank you sharing this. These stories, while tragic, should also serve as a reminder to us all that life is unpredictable and can be taken at any moment. 
We need to always be thankful for our blessings (don't wait until Thursday's feast to do so.) 

With that, I'm thankful for all my cyber buddies here that have helped me countless times over the decades (wow, is that right, decades?) I've been here. 

To all, thank you, be safe, and tell the ones you love how much they mean to you!

Eric
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

---

From: Berry Kercheval <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 19:11:42 -0800

--===============8731912340394281284==

--5bf22a08_66334873_b4e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

The Oasis bar is actually in Sunnyvale, and is still there. I drove past it today.
On Nov 18, 2018, 9:31 AM -0800, [email-masked], wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation $12.96
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]
>

--5bf22a08_66334873_b4e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

<html xmlns=3D=22http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml=22>
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<div name=3D=22messageBodySection=22>The Oasis bar is actually in Sunnyva=
le, and is still there. I drove past it today.</div>
<div name=3D=22messageReplySection=22>On Nov 18, 2018, 9:31 AM -0800, eri=
c=40megageek.com, wrote:<br />
<blockquote type=3D=22cite=22 style=3D=22margin: 5px 5px; padding-left: 1=
0px; border-left: thin solid =231abc9c;=22>Bob,<br />
<br />
Thank you sharing this. These stories, while tragic, should also serve as=
 a reminder to us all that life is unpredictable and can be taken at any =
moment.<br />
We need to always be thankful for our blessings (don't wait until Thursda=
y's feast to do so.)<br />
<br />
With that, I'm thankful for all my cyber buddies here that have helped me=
 countless times over the decades (wow, is that right, decades=3F) I've b=
een here.<br />
<br />
To all, thank you, be safe, and tell the ones you love how much they mean=
 to you=21<br />
<br />
Eric<br />
=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=
=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F=5F<br />
<br />
Shop-talk=40autox.team.net<br />
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk<br />
<br />
=40kerch.com<br />
<br /></blockquote>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--5bf22a08_66334873_b4e--

--===============8731912340394281284==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8731912340394281284==--

---

From: Bob Spidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 20:16:58 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============9005998440776941761==
 boundary="------------08EFCC8097EF6D2E2F7F84D5"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------08EFCC8097EF6D2E2F7F84D5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

We're both wrong*:

"Others, at the suggestion of Roger Melen 
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Melen>, convened at The Oasis 
<http://theoasisbeergarden.com/>,^[7] 
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club#cite_note-7> a bar 
and grill on El Camino Real in nearby Menlo Park 
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menlo_Park,_California>, recalled years 
later by a member as "Homebrew's other staging area".^[8] 
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club#cite_note-8> As 
Steven Levy <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Levy> wrote about the 
Oasis gatherings:..."

Source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club

* but I was closer ;)

On 11/18/2018 7:11 PM, Berry Kercheval wrote:
>> Thank you sharing this. These stories, while tragic, should also 
>> serve as a reminder to us all that life is unpredictable and can be 
>> taken at any moment.
>> With that, I'm thankful for all my cyber buddies here that have 
>> helped me countless times over the decades (wow, is that right, 
>> decades?) I've been here.
>>

--------------08EFCC8097EF6D2E2F7F84D5
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <p>We're both wrong*:</p>
    <p>"Others, at the suggestion of <a
        href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Melen" title="Roger
        Melen">Roger Melen</a>, convened at <a rel="nofollow"
        class="external text" href="http://theoasisbeergarden.com/">The
        Oasis</a>,<sup id="cite_ref-7" class="reference"><a
          href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club#cite_note-7">[7]</a></sup>
      a bar and grill on El Camino Real in nearby <a
        href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menlo_Park,_California"
        title="Menlo Park, California">Menlo Park</a>, recalled years
      later by a member as "Homebrew's other staging area".<sup
        id="cite_ref-8" class="reference"><a
          href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club#cite_note-8">[8]</a></sup>
      As <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Levy"
        title="Steven Levy">Steven Levy</a> wrote about the Oasis
      gatherings:..."</p>
    <p>Source: <br>
    </p>
    <p><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homebrew_Computer_Club</a></p>
    <p>* but I was closer ;)</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 11/18/2018 7:11 PM, Berry Kercheval
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:7701fd3b-c6eb-4585-819b-31cd4c17613b@Spark">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <title></title>
      <div name="messageBodySection">The Oasis bar is actually in
        Sunnyvale, and is still there. I drove past it today.</div>
      <div name="messageReplySection">On Nov 18, 2018, 9:31 AM -0800,
        <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>, wrote:<br>
        <blockquote type="cite" style="margin: 5px 5px; padding-left:
          10px; border-left: thin solid #1abc9c;">Bob,<br>
          <br>
          Thank you sharing this. These stories, while tragic, should
          also serve as a reminder to us all that life is unpredictable
          and can be taken at any moment.<br>
          We need to always be thankful for our blessings (don't wait
          until Thursday's feast to do so.)<br>
          <br>
          With that, I'm thankful for all my cyber buddies here that
          have helped me countless times over the decades (wow, is that
          right, decades?) I've been here.<br>
          <br>
          To all, thank you, be safe, and tell the ones you love how
          much they mean to you!<br>
          <br>
          Eric</blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------08EFCC8097EF6D2E2F7F84D5--

--===============9005998440776941761==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============9005998440776941761==--

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 04:54:23 -0700

> To all, thank you, be safe, and tell the ones you love how much they mean to you!

Yes, decades.  About 3 of them.

mjb.

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/[email-masked]