Subject: [Shop-talk] Spark Plug Cleaner

From: "Al Fuller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 12:57:06 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8746683823592456577==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0066_01D46874.68AB9F80"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01D46874.68AB9F80
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Anybody still using spark plug cleaners - such as the small air powered sand
blasters of old?

I'm looking at plugs for several cars, snow blower, etc. - and wondering
whether the cleaning is known to damage the plugs.  I don't recall that
being an issue when I used them years ago, nut I do confess that the newer
plugs seem to be made of more exotic materials.

Thoughts? 

Al Fuller

'65 BJ-8

'85 Rx-7

------=_NextPart_000_0066_01D46874.68AB9F80
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Anybody still using spark plug cleaners &#8211; such =
as the small air powered sand blasters of old?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;m =
looking at plugs for several cars, snow blower, etc. &#8211; and =
wondering whether the cleaning is known to damage the plugs.&nbsp; I =
don&#8217;t recall that being an issue when I used them years ago, nut I =
do confess that the newer plugs seem to be made of more exotic =
materials.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thoughts? <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Al Fuller</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>'65 BJ-8</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>'85 Rx-7</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New =
Roman",serif;color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0066_01D46874.68AB9F80--

--===============8746683823592456577==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk

--===============8746683823592456577==--