Subject: [Shop-talk] Mice

From: Scott Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 18:33:19 -0600

--===============0675307139220869802==

--001a113ee5e2528a6c054306adc1

Guys,

I left my house in earlier this fall for an extended work trip. I got back
a week ago. Gone maybe...three months total?

I had gnats in the fridge. I'm not sure how I managed that but I cleaned
everything out and haven't seen them again.

I also have a mouse problem in the kitchen. I didn't see any evidence of
mice when I got home initially, but I left a chocolate bar on the kitchen
counter the second night (wrapped in its wrapper, sealed) and the mouse ate
through the wrapper.

I put out spring mice traps--the mouse ate the bait and didn't spring the
trap.

I put out glue traps. The thing flipped over the trap and clearly was stuck
to it, but got away.

I've seen the thing once--it looks tiny. There might be many (in fact, I
assume there are), but I've just seen the one.

I'm not real excited about poisoning it and having it (or them) die in the
walls.

I have no idea how they're getting up on the counter to start with--I don't
see any openings in anything and I can't believe the thing is crawling up
the side of the counter, but whatever. I just want it/them done for.

Any ideas about how to go about it? Am I baiting the trap wrong? More glue
traps?

I'm leaving again until after new years--the house will be cold enough that
I don't mind a dead mouse in a trap while I'm gone (and people will be
checking the house for me, this time).

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

Scott

--001a113ee5e2528a6c054306adc1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Guys,<div><br></div><div>I left my house in earlier this f=
all for an extended work trip. I got back a week ago. Gone maybe...three mo=
nths total?</div><div><br></div><div>I had gnats in the fridge. I&#39;m not=
 sure how I managed that but I cleaned everything out and haven&#39;t seen =
them again.</div><div><br></div><div>I also have a mouse problem in the kit=
chen. I didn&#39;t see any evidence of mice when I got home initially, but =
I left a chocolate bar on the kitchen counter the second night (wrapped in =
its wrapper, sealed) and the mouse ate through the wrapper.</div><div><br>I=
 put out spring mice traps--the mouse ate the bait and didn&#39;t spring th=
e trap.</div><div><br></div><div>I put out glue traps. The thing flipped ov=
er the trap and clearly was stuck to it, but got away.</div><div><br></div>=
<div>I&#39;ve seen the thing once--it looks tiny. There might be many (in f=
act, I assume there are), but I&#39;ve just seen the one.</div><div><br></d=
iv><div>I&#39;m not real excited about poisoning it and having it (or them)=
 die in the walls.</div><div><br></div><div>I have no idea how they&#39;re =
getting up on the counter to start with--I don&#39;t see any openings in an=
ything and I can&#39;t believe the thing is crawling up the side of the cou=
nter, but whatever. I just want it/them done for.</div><div><br></div><div>=
Any ideas about how to go about it? Am I baiting the trap wrong? More glue =
traps?</div><div><br></div><div>I&#39;m leaving again until after new years=
--the house will be cold enough that I don&#39;t mind a dead mouse in a tra=
p while I&#39;m gone (and people will be checking the house for me, this ti=
me).</div><div><br></div><div>Any advice welcome.</div><div><br></div><div>=
Thanks.</div><div><br></div><div>Scott</div></div>

--001a113ee5e2528a6c054306adc1--

--===============0675307139220869802==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0675307139220869802==--