Subject: [Shop-talk] Auto Batteries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 18:40:14 -0500 11/07/2016 06:40:26 PM, Serialize complete at 11/07/2016 06:40:26 PM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============7890061742208956668==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 00820A5D85258064_=

Where do you guys buy your batteries for cars and equipment?  Online or 
local source?

I need a new battery for my forklift (it currently has a Napa 7250 N 
battery) but I don't think it lasted as long as it should have.  It's kept 
in a heated garage on a battery tender and I only got a few years out of 
it.

Interstate has the same battery configure (3EE-VHD) but I don't know how 
well that will last.

There are lots of over brands with compatible batteries, but I don't know 
which ones are garbage.  Also, the prices are $100 to over $200, so I want 
to find a good source for a good brand.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
--=_alternative 00820A5D85258064_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Where do you guys buy your batteries for
cars and equipment? &nbsp;Online or local source?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I need a new battery for my forklift
(it currently has a Napa 7250 N battery) but I don't think it lasted as
long as it should have. &nbsp;It's kept in a heated garage on a battery
tender and I only got a few years out of it.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Interstate has the same battery configure
(</font><font size=3>3EE-VHD) but I don't know how well that will last.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=3>There are lots of over brands with compatible batteries,
but I don't know which ones are garbage. &nbsp;Also, the prices are $100
to over $200, so I want to find a good source for a good brand.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=3>Any ideas?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=3>Thanks.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
--=_alternative 00820A5D85258064_=--

--===============7890061742208956668==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7890061742208956668==--

---

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 11:26:22 -0500

--===============4216402904287590237==

--001a11463c6ee9d15a0540cc9937

At any place you buy batteries off the shelf, be sure to check the date
code sticker!
If you don't, you might end up getting a 6 month old battery instead of a
one month old one.
and there's a good chance that the 6 month old battery hasn't been charged
since it
was put out.

The last time I bought a battery, it was from Wal-Mart.  The date code was
just a
pair of letters, but fortunately the sales guide for the store associates
was sitting on the
shelf, and it had an explanation of the code.

Previously I had bought batteries at Sam's Club, and they had a sticker with
plain non-coded month and year.

Doug

--001a11463c6ee9d15a0540cc9937
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><br><div dir=3D"ltr"><div><=
div><div>At any place you buy batteries off the shelf, be sure to check the=
 date code sticker!<br></div>If you don&#39;t, you might end up getting a 6=
 month old battery instead of a one month old one.<br></div><div>and there&=
#39;s a good chance that the 6 month old battery hasn&#39;t been charged si=
nce it <br></div><div>was put out.<br><br></div>The last time I bought a ba=
ttery, it was from Wal-Mart.=C2=A0 The date code was just a<br>pair of lett=
ers, but fortunately the sales guide for the store associates was sitting o=
n the<br>shelf, and it had an explanation of the code.<br><br></div><div>Pr=
eviously I had bought batteries at Sam&#39;s Club, and they had a sticker w=
ith<br></div><div>plain non-coded month and year.<span class=3D"HOEnZb"><fo=
nt color=3D"#888888"><br><br></font></span></div><div><span class=3D"HOEnZb=
"><font color=3D"#888888">Doug<br></font></span></div><div><span class=3D"H=
OEnZb"><font color=3D"#888888"><br></font></span></div><br></div></div></di=
v>

--001a11463c6ee9d15a0540cc9937--

--===============4216402904287590237==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4216402904287590237==--