Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Auto Batteries

From: "John T. Blair" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 09:31:43 -0500

--===============4523835269843857798==
	boundary="=====================_5182041==.ALT"

--=====================_5182041==.ALT

At 06:40 PM 11/7/2016, you wrote:

 >Where do you guys buy your batteries for cars and 
equipment?  Online or local source?

 >I need a new battery for my forklift (it currently has a Napa 7250 
N battery) but I don't think
 >it lasted as long as it should have.  It's kept in a heated garage 
on a battery tender and I only
 >got a few years out of it.

Eric,

I'm getting to where I don't want to buy real part (battery, 
alternator, starter, etc)
from the major parts stores (AutoZone, Advanced, etc.)  They have really cut
corners on their stuff.  Yes it's cheaper than a dealer part, but I'm 
getting less than 1/2 the life out of the aftermarket part.

So I'd look at a local fleet supply shop, or truck supply 
house.  We've got a place
here, Tidewater Battery that is a fleet supply house.  I think you 
get more bang
for your buck.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  [email-masked]
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  (757) 495-8229

           48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
      75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)    77 Spitfire    71 Saab Sonett III
                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

If you can read this             - Thank a teacher!
If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

--=====================_5182041==.ALT

<html>
<body>
<font size=3>At 06:40 PM 11/7/2016, you wrote:<br><br>
&gt;</font><font size=2>Where do you guys buy your batteries for cars and
equipment?&nbsp; Online or local source?</font><font size=3> <br><br>
&gt;</font><font size=2>I need a new battery for my forklift (it
currently has a Napa 7250 N battery) but I don't think <br>
&gt;it lasted as long as it should have.&nbsp; It's kept in a heated
garage on a battery tender and I only <br>
&gt;got a few years out of it.</font><font size=3> <br><br>
Eric,<br><br>
I'm getting to where I don't want to buy real part (battery, alternator,
starter, etc) <br>
from the major parts stores (AutoZone, Advanced, etc.)&nbsp; They have
really cut <br>
corners on their stuff.&nbsp; Yes it's cheaper than a dealer part, but
I'm getting less than 1/2 the life out of the aftermarket part.&nbsp;
<br><br>
So I'd look at a local fleet supply shop, or truck supply house.&nbsp;
We've got a place <br>
here, Tidewater Battery that is a fleet supply house.&nbsp; I think you
get more bang <br>
for your buck.<br><br>
John<br><br>
</font>
<br /><br />
<hr style='border:none; color:#909090; background-color:#B0B0B0; height: 1px; width: 99%;' />
<table style='border-collapse:collapse;border:none;'>
	<tr>
		<td style='border:none;padding:0px 15px 0px 8px'>
			<a href="https://www.avast.com/antivirus">
				<img border=0 src="http://static.avast.com/emails/avast-mail-stamp.png" alt="Avast logo" />
			</a>
		</td>
		<td>
			<p style='color:#3d4d5a; font-family:"Calibri","Verdana","Arial","Helvetica"; font-size:12pt;'>
				This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
				<br><a href="https://www.avast.com/antivirus">www.avast.com</a>
			</p>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
<br />
</body>
<br>
<div>John T. Blair&nbsp; WA4OHZ&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; email:&nbsp;
[email-masked]</div>
<div>Va. Beach,
Va&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Phone:&nbsp; (757) 495-8229</div>
<br>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 48
TR1800&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 48 #4 Midget&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 65 Morgan 4/4
Series V (B1106)</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
77 Spitfire&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 71 Saab Sonett III</div>
<div>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
65 Rambler Classic</div>
<br>
<div>Morgan:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<a href="http://www.team.net/www/morgan" EUDORA=AUTOURL>
www.team.net/www/morgan</a></div>
<div>Bricklin:&nbsp;
<a href="http://www.bricklin.org/" EUDORA=AUTOURL>www.bricklin.org</a>
</div>
<br>
<div>If you can read
this&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
- Thank a teacher!</div>
<div>If you are reading it in English - Thank a Vet!!</div>
<br>
<div> From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; e pluribus Unum, &quot;from many,
one.&quot;</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In God We Trust</div>
<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Liberty - the&nbsp; power&nbsp; of&nbsp;
choosing,&nbsp; thinking,&nbsp; and&nbsp; acting&nbsp; for&nbsp; </div>
<div>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
oneself; freedom&nbsp; from&nbsp; control&nbsp; or&nbsp;
restriction&nbsp; </div>
<br>
<br>
</html>

--=====================_5182041==.ALT--

--===============4523835269843857798==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4523835269843857798==--

---

From: Brian and Wendy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 15:07:08 +0000

--===============4613547546820234668==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_BN6PR2001MB09139708A2EB8FAB2E75F10ABBA60BN6PR2001MB0913_"

--_000_BN6PR2001MB09139708A2EB8FAB2E75F10ABBA60BN6PR2001MB0913_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have been running genuine Motorcraft or Delco batteries for some time and=
 am happy. I am getting 6+ years out of a battery and they are costing me a=
round $100.

Brian

Nampa, ID

--_000_BN6PR2001MB09139708A2EB8FAB2E75F10ABBA60BN6PR2001MB0913_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"><!-- P {margin-top:0;margi=
n-bottom:0;} --></style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div id=3D"divtagdefaultwrapper" style=3D"font-size:12pt;color:#000000;font=
-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" dir=3D"ltr">
<p>I have been running genuine Motorcraft or Delco batteries for some time =
and am happy. I am getting 6&#43; years out of a battery and they are costi=
ng me around $100.</p>
<p><br>
</p>
<p>Brian</p>
<p>Nampa, ID<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_BN6PR2001MB09139708A2EB8FAB2E75F10ABBA60BN6PR2001MB0913_--

--===============4613547546820234668==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4613547546820234668==--