Subject: [Shop-talk] Does this type of garage door opener exist?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:29:08 -0500 11/29/2016 11:29:24 AM, Serialize complete at 11/29/2016 11:29:24 AM

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--===============0029822607299858075==

This is a multipart message in MIME format.
--=_alternative 005A93A88525807A_=

I am trying to find out if they make a special type of garage door opener.

Here is the deal, I have a 14' high door with a commercial opener on it 
already.  It has an "Open", "Close", and "Stop" button.

about 80% of the time, I don't need it to open to full height. 

Do they make a garage door opener interface that would, by default only 
open the door at a preset level, if one remote was pressed but opened all 
the way if another one was pressed?

(or some other way to get the door only to open halfway but still be able 
to open all the way?)

I know I can press the button halfway up to get it to stop, but there is 
always the change that I don't open it high enough, or if my finger slips, 
it could start to close as I'm pulling in or out.

Let me know if you ever found something like this.

Thanks.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational 
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph 
Waldo Emerson 
--=_alternative 005A93A88525807A_=

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">I am trying to find out if they make a
special type of garage door opener.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Here is the deal, I have a 14' high
door with a commercial opener on it already. &nbsp;It has an &quot;Open&quot;,
&quot;Close&quot;, and &quot;Stop&quot; button.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">about 80% of the time, I don't need
it to open to full height. &nbsp;</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Do they make a garage door opener interface
that would, by default only open the door at a preset level, if one remote
was pressed but opened all the way if another one was pressed?</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">(or some other way to get the door only
to open halfway but still be able to open all the way?)</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">I know I can press the button halfway
up to get it to stop, but there is always the change that I don't open
it high enough, or if my finger slips, it could start to close as I'm pulling
in or out.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Let me know if you ever found something
like this.</font>
<br>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thanks.</font>
<br><font size=2 face="sans-serif"><br>
<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Tech Viper<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>
--=_alternative 005A93A88525807A_=--

--===============0029822607299858075==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0029822607299858075==--